Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY

Nov 9, 2012 Full story: Columbia Magazine 129

Lebanon man dies as result of shooting in Raywick, KY David Litsey, 22, Lebanon, KY, dies of injuries received in a shooting in the Raywick Bar & Grill, 205 Main Street, Raywick, KY.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

United States

#100 Nov 13, 2012
Josh wrote:
I hope whoever shot him gets the death penalty. Racist bastard.
and how would u feel if the one who shot him didnt really deserve the death penalty and u got ur way and a man went to prison for something the kid did. He wasnt a kid u make choices all ur life and suffer the consiquences
Stunned

Bloomington, IL

#101 Nov 13, 2012
Wow... Glad I don't live around any of you disrespectful people! Open some books, learn a little. Here's an idea... Start with "GRAMMAR... RIP David Litsey

United States

#102 Nov 13, 2012
Transplanted Country wrote:
I'm originally from the area, but I've moved away. What irritates me is everyone, for miles around, knows about how Raywick is. You can call it environment, atmosphere, culture, whatever... But this area has been this way for longer than any of us can remember. Yes, times across the nation have changed, people are expected to think different, but there is also a thing called self-preservation that everyone is entitled to use.
If you aren't from the area, regardless of color, you can't act just anyway you want. I've moved around a lot growing up, my accent isn't consistent with country, Marion Co. natives. I've been treated with suspicion just for the way I talk. Quote; "You sound like a Yankee." Once genealogy is established, I've been good to go.
I'm not going to say he got shot because of his skin color, I'm not going to say he didn't. But I'm willing to bet he wasn't considered a local, in which case, his self preservation should've kicked in and told him to practice restraint.
I'm not ambivalent enough to wander into a downtown Louisville corner bar, or a Bronx pub, or an Oakland Raiders game (wearing KC Chiefs attire) or anywhere, and start acting surly, arrogant, and troublesome, leading to a fight and expect my evening to go peachy keen.
Treat others as you want to be treated, that goes for the guy who got shot, the unfortunate one who pulled the trigger, all the other ones involved/witnesses, & all the crazy people who post on this site (self included). We were given brains for a reason & most of our mammas taught us manners and respect... Use them people!
i totally agree with this. Its what i tried to say but u did a better job of it. Martin luther king was shot making a stand and this guy shoulda known better than to make a bold move as to run over araywick bar. Ii have the same issue with society im very different myself. But the corner bars n llouisville rnt that bad for real lol go to cahoots n the highlans everyones very acceptable there. And cheap wells

United States

#103 Nov 13, 2012
concern mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Patro you sooooo damn stupit you sound like someone on some serious meth with your brown azz 3 teeth mouth and looking like a wrinkle face ass bitch...laugh at that country azz red dirt dog smelling azz..hahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
stupit???? Ha ha ha go to 34th street

United States

#105 Nov 13, 2012
joker wrote:
<quoted text>
"OUTSIDE APPERANCE"?? Are you serious, YOU ever go to a job interview?? Damn, What am I thinking, NO, YOU collect a gov check..
Appearance (spelled correctly, or Appearance for you dark folk lingo), MEANS A LOT. Now lets' say that I was going to hire a waitress at my Restaurant, and some lady came in looking like a beautiful actress from hollywood, and a man looking like Charles Manson. hhmmmm, who to hire???? Maybe I should get to know them.......NOT!!!
You dress like a thug, YOU gonna get treated like a THUG!!
Pull them pant's up BOY
not only dress like one but act like one. I couldnt have said what u said any better. It coulda happened if the boy was white. Its all n how u act. Ur actions speak louder than words and i have to say they have a loot to say. The thing is no one can understand what the hell they r sayin lol i said before idk what happened but i feel very bad for the family but on one of their comments they said theyll come to the ppls doors who r runnin their mouth and show them what happens when u run ur mouth. So its hard not to believe he was an innocent bystander just trying to help the raywick community by breaking up a fight. We r a product of our messed up environments. Ha ha hello we re not as dumb as theyre sayin us cuntry folks r. They think they have an argument that someone who is trying to change their life by taking a cuple college courses is evident reason and cause to call it a racist murder......
GOD KNOWS

Junction City, KS

#106 Nov 13, 2012
pedro martinezz wrote:
god know syou a dumb ass cause im haf black haf latino so fux yo azz and derz placez iz dont go cause i know there wud be trouble theys places white people know not to goe and ders places blacls dont go dats jus da wa it iz so yo opinun dont meen shiz.if you go to places yo should not goregadless of color and start runnin ya mouth and try pushin people around cuz ya think ya bad ya getz wat he gotz ya don c whtes goin to all black clubz cuz de know err body knoz how raywick is ...he new but thought he was a tuff dude and got proved wrong datz da fact
pedro, how sad it is to hear a brother talk so negeative about another brother someone has lost their life. And im sure you wouldn't feel the same if it was your family remember all the stuff your talking about David, were you that bold when he was alive or did he scare you too. That's why you talking down on him. He must have spanked you or either had your girl. Because you have to much hate towards him for just tring to be a so called thug. And what club do they let you hang out since your part black and latin. I know you dont hang in lebanon surely not since every race should segergate themselves. And oh by the way last i heard if you have any black in you thats what society classify you as a black man. So look in the mirrow. Bro.
pedro martinezz

New Haven, KY

#107 Nov 13, 2012
yo i hang out were i wanna hang cause i dont give no one no shiz. like i said if you go to clubz lookin for trouble yull find it and i dont nowz him personally.but i know his rep for being a bully ders placez i wont go and derz placehe shulddnt hav gone simpl as dat
sammy

Bowling Green, KY

#108 Nov 13, 2012
I new the guy who fired the shot and he didn't seem like a violent person. Who s Phillip Franklin and what was his role in all this.
whatevr

Bardstown, KY

#109 Nov 13, 2012
First Cousin wrote:
Yes quite frankly you dont know fucking shit! That "thug" had started taking college classes, that "thug" was actually trying to get his life together & HE MEANT IT! And there has been black/white people we dont know that was out there to say he didnt start shit. & I swear I wish I could trace the IP address myself to all who "think" & "amuse" his mouth got him in trouble. So we the family can all come knock on your damn door and let you see how badly our family is grieving & to tell us personally yourself what
the hell you think & show you prime example of how your mouth can get you in trouble. Nobody can never get past someones history and look forward to what they are trying to succeed for the future.
Just look at that thugs Facebook page and then try to pass him off as a good person! F'n punk azz gangsta wannabe got what he deserved!
i hate internet cowards

Columbia, KY

#110 Nov 13, 2012
uwish wrote:
and josh u dumb f*** they dont give the death penalty in the state of kentucky dumb ass.. but he got what he deserved thought he was hard shit that bullet just a lil harder then him
he must have had you scared in oder for you to say something like that internet couward!!!!!!!!!!
i hate internet cowards

Columbia, KY

#111 Nov 13, 2012
you know so many people got shit to say, you all hide behind that computor,put your names on that shit, sounds like punk shit to me.
Just a little info

Hodgenville, KY

#113 Nov 13, 2012
Well I literally watched him kill a dude at a party, and the guy was brought back to life luckily, I don't think this had anything to do with skin color, if you new him you know he was a punk, it's still sad at he got killed.
i still believe

Louisville, KY

#114 Nov 13, 2012
who freed the slaves ms. greene?
Obvious

Willisburg, KY

#115 Nov 14, 2012
Anyone who says he was shot because he was black is a racist. Regardless, after all that's happened in ray wick the past couple months, he shouldn't of been down there and DEFINATELY should not of been breaking up a fight. I'm a white man with a black wife, and we have two children. We are all idiots to think there is no racism in the world, however, the racist ones are the uneducated ones, and the most judgmental ones. Nobody ever deserves to die, but
When you have a bad history, and you go to a place you shouldn't be and are in the middle of somethin you shouldn't be, bad things will happen. Young black men now and days act like fools!!! I love rap music, always have, but the pants hangin off the ass, the t-shirts hangin to the knees, the dumbass slang and language, it's all uneducated and makes you look and sound like a bunch of clowns!! All my wife's family including herself agree! The African culture is nothing like that. So quit using the excuse you do it because its your culture. Start wearing clothes that fit, talk like you got some sense, quit actin like you can beat up everyone if you can't fight with your fist and fight one on one. These young black guys wanna jump people and pull out guns when their "boys" aren't around. The only true man fights with his brain, and his fist only if he must. So cut the bullshit, go to school, get educated, and make somethin for yourself. Anyone tryinh to rebuild their life doesn't need to be in ray wick at a bar in the middle of a fight. Prayers to his family, but shame on these young generations.
Obvious

Willisburg, KY

#116 Nov 14, 2012
If David shot someone at a party, the karma caught up with him. And if anyone just looks at his Facebook page, it's clear he was a thug wannabe and lived a life of wannabe gangster. I was trying to be civilized on my first comment, but after seeing his Facebook page, he clearly lived a life that led to the end of his gangster wannabe ways, so he got what he woulda wanted, to go out like a "gangster"
hmmmm

Bardstown, KY

#117 Nov 14, 2012
David is not going to rest in peace until that bar is shut down, aside from them being racist haters the bar is disgusting, i wouldnt piss in that bathroom to save my life. And they have Bouncers for certain reasons, to try and TALK the situation down if that doesnt work, you CALL THE POLICE, which prob didnt happen until AFTER someones life was taken. that piss poor excuse for a Bar owner Chris Gribbins needs his bar license revoked or something for running a Nasty Racist bar. And choosing to let a fight escalade into someone getting shot rather than just callin the police.
louisville doesnt exist

Elizabethtown, KY

#118 Nov 14, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
David is not going to rest in peace until that bar is shut down, aside from them being racist haters the bar is disgusting, i wouldnt piss in that bathroom to save my life. And they have Bouncers for certain reasons, to try and TALK the situation down if that doesnt work, you CALL THE POLICE, which prob didnt happen until AFTER someones life was taken. that piss poor excuse for a Bar owner Chris Gribbins needs his bar license revoked or something for running a Nasty Racist bar. And choosing to let a fight escalade into someone getting shot rather than just callin the police.
If people would act like they have some sense, they wouldn't need bouncers in the first place.
DEA

Campbellsville, KY

#119 Nov 14, 2012
heard someone's tires got shot up down there last night. Why is this place STILL allowed to be open? And for anyone wanting to know I am white person. I didn't know Mr. Litsey personal but, it's a damn shame that a place like this is allowed to stay open when a person life has been taken.
hmmmm

Bardstown, KY

#120 Nov 14, 2012
louisville doesnt exist wrote:
<quoted text>If people would act like they have some sense, they wouldn't need bouncers in the first place.
well sry im a firm believer in bars with bouncers, i was a bartender in a bar with no bouncer and it was hell, theyd get drunk and run their mouths to me and the cops always have to get called. bad for buisness.
all of them

Elizabethtown, KY

#121 Nov 14, 2012
WHITE POWER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
christy lee 21 min Fo real 2
Cheaters (Jan '11) 1 hr So 37
103. Brookhaven 3 hr looseass 14
schlosser 17 hr bob 5
Cute mix boy @ mcdonalds 19 hr Justlikethat 4
kasandra stumph 19 hr Justlikethat 2
where is all the true ladues at. Fri Yes Sir 5
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match

Lebanon Jobs