misslj_10

Florence, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2010
I was just wonndering if maybe we hosted a childrens fundraiser if the community would be involved. It would be set kinda in the theme of our annual old fashioned days. But instead all the money earned would go to Kosairs CHildrens hospital. I was thinking maybe A Miss Spring Leabon Junction pageant in which each contestant and evrery one who would like would bring a toy or book as part of their scoring for the pageant to go to the hospital. Then maybe some games and concessions and just local businesses out to help raise the money.If anyone thinks or feels this may be a good idea please post your comments it would mean alot. Thanks.
Lynn

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Feb 11, 2010
Tell me more about it and when it is!
misslj_10

New Albany, IN

#3 Feb 15, 2010
Lynn wrote:
Tell me more about it and when it is!
I havent set it in stone yet but i would love to do it. I think it would help the town out and give everyone a chance to help someone out. If you wouldnt mind see who all would be intrested and let me know cause without peopple it wont happen. Thanks
lynn

Shepherdsville, KY

#4 Feb 16, 2010
misslj_10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I havent set it in stone yet but i would love to do it. I think it would help the town out and give everyone a chance to help someone out. If you wouldnt mind see who all would be intrested and let me know cause without peopple it wont happen. Thanks
Ok I will try and see what I can do ok. bye
bullitt co resident

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Jun 26, 2011
WELL it's for sure this did not get off the ground ,my grand children used to do the pageants when jamie argenbright used to have the pageants,then i saw the olde fashion pageants being advertised and called about putting my kids in it, was told only l.j. residents could do it because of the title.they did not want a MISS L.J. to be from hillveiw, mt. washinton, shepherdsville,or any place but L.J. They could have changed the title---MISS OLDE FASHION DAY QUEEN----- BABY MISS OLDE FASHION DAY QUEEN----LITTLE MISS OLDE FASHION DAY QUEEN---- TINY MISS OLDE FASHION DAY QUEEN---PRE-TEEN OLDE FASHION DAY QUEEN---- TEEN MISS OLDE FASHION DAY QUEEN--- MR.OLDE FASHION DAY KING--- LITTLE MR OLDE FASHION DAY KING-- THE WHOLE COMMUNITY OF BULLITT CO COULD COME AND ENJOY THE FESTIVAL,AS THE DID BACK IN THE OLD DAYS WHEN THEY TRAVELED FROM ALL ACROSS OTHER COUNTY'S . I's still not to late to involve the people of bullitt co. after all you get entertainment from out of co!!!!!
forum watcher

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Jun 27, 2011
yes let's bring in all of the community, why come to l.j. if you can't do nothing but buy a hot dog!!!!!
just saying

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Jun 27, 2011
misslj_10 wrote:
I was just wonndering if maybe we hosted a childrens fundraiser if the community would be involved. It would be set kinda in the theme of our annual old fashioned days. But instead all the money earned would go to Kosairs CHildrens hospital. I was thinking maybe A Miss Spring Leabon Junction pageant in which each contestant and evrery one who would like would bring a toy or book as part of their scoring for the pageant to go to the hospital. Then maybe some games and concessions and just local businesses out to help raise the money.If anyone thinks or feels this may be a good idea please post your comments it would mean alot. Thanks.
bring a toy or book as part of the score? I have NEVER EVER heard of that and i have been in pageantry for 32 years, how would that work, higher score with a high dollar toy?????? that would never work, but bring a new unwrapped toy for fees off the entry fee,that may work. It would be great to bring more pageants back to bullitt co. The shepherdsville olde tyme homecoming used to have pageants,now hillview fair is bringing them to their fair, they are also open to all of bullitt co .come on let all of bullitt co join in your festival we love to spend money, and i know they done well when b. c. could enter!!!!!!
yea

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Jun 29, 2011
do they even have a festival any more? when if so?
wellllllll

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Jul 5, 2011
yea wrote:
do they even have a festival any more? when if so?
do they?
can not help myself

Dahlonega, GA

#10 Jul 10, 2011
DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT FESTIVAL???? WHO IS IN CHARGE, PHONE # OR ANY WAY TO CONTACT ABOUT IT???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Junction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where are all the women with morals and values at? (Feb '12) 2 hr Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 73
I hate you 3 hr Dead to me 1
11 Bars to open in ETown! I drink to that!! 3 hr Stripper 18
Academy Sports Etown 4 hr Cope 1
National Guard mobilized to assist stranded mot... 14 hr ken 1
want to know about this guy joshua aldridge Tue Why 3
so what's up wit officer Philips Feb 28 itshardtofindgood... 4
More from around the web

Lebanon Junction People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News