Overland Park bans pit bulls

Full story: KSHB

Pit bulls are no longer welcome in Overland Park. The City Council voted to prohibit people from bringing any more pit bills into this Kansas City suburb after hearing more than 2 1/2 hours of debate and public ...

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of155
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
secret

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

every pit i see gets a 9mm between the eyes

“The sheep need protection.”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

secret wrote:
Now that is funny.
Drogadin

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

how could everyone say that pitbulls should be illegal. how could an animal go from being Americas Dog in WWI to being a hated breed. Dont judge from the media. Poodles bite more people in a year than pitbulls do. They are the most loyal dog you could own and its the people who treat them wrong who make the ignorant people out their think this way. IDK if some of you know this but their are pitbulls in the army who are well decorated with war medals and were also knows as the "nanny dog" for their great reputation with children. take a look at this youtube video and think about what you are saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
bogus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

what a stupid one sided law
flinger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

a fantastic breed of dog !
sam

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

they should ban bad owners !
ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

Give Me A Break wrote:
I am a resident of OP Kansas and have 1st hand experience with Pit Bulls. Our spineless City Council and elected officials have made what they would have you believe are some huge steps in controlling pit bulls. Not to bore you with all the mindless BS they are trying to sling, the high light of thier proposal is that current owners must raise their liability insurance from 50K to 300K.
I'm glad we now know what a human life is worth to the elected officials of Overland Park, KS.
HOW MANY PEOPLE MUST BE MAULED OR KILLED BEFORE SOMEONE TAKES THE APPROPRIATE ACTION????!!!!!!
Hey Wondering if you could give me some advice - I have to move to Overland Park and I have pitbulls, old 14 yr. old nice dogs, but can I do it legally? If I raise liability insurence to 300K, will the city let me stay?If you can help, let me know please
dog lover

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
I agree with Knight. When I hear the saying "all dogs go to heaven"..I hope that the one exclusion is PIT BULLS!
up yours B eyed girl Gods love all thing shows how much you know
dog lover

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

up yours B eyed girl Gods love all thing shows how much you know
Destroy ALL Pit Bulls

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Drogadin wrote:
how could everyone say that pitbulls should be illegal. how could an animal go from being Americas Dog in WWI to being a hated breed. Dont judge from the media. Poodles bite more people in a year than pitbulls do. They are the most loyal dog you could own and its the people who treat them wrong who make the ignorant people out their think this way. IDK if some of you know this but their are pitbulls in the army who are well decorated with war medals and were also knows as the "nanny dog" for their great reputation with children. take a look at this youtube video and think about what you are saying.
Has a poodle ever ripped someones limb off? Don't think so.

All pitbulls should be destroyed. Their jaws are too powerful to be given a chance to bite a child, which has happened far too many times.
Destroy ALL Pit Bulls

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

ryan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Wondering if you could give me some advice - I have to move to Overland Park and I have pitbulls, old 14 yr. old nice dogs, but can I do it legally? If I raise liability insurence to 300K, will the city let me stay?If you can help, let me know please
I hope you get busted.
PITS4life

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Destroy ALL Pit Bulls-your A POS kids needs to just stay away from them or they deserved to get bit =) karma will come aroun d to all u people against the breed what about rapists,murderers,conficts... they all should be banned from where they did crimes but nooooooooooooo they aren't . Trust Karmas will come back aroun.

secret-STFU your lucky I dont know who u are,.
PITS4life

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Pits are amazing dogs!!!!!!! The people that train them horribly deserve some jail/prison time FOR SURE! Stop judging! You POS'S
PITS4life

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Drogadin wrote:
Thats soooo TRUE!!!!!!!!!
PITS4life

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

secret wrote:
your lucky I dont know who the heck you are ... trust me karma will come around! lol.
Basset Hound

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

PITS4life wrote:
<quoted text>
your lucky I dont know who the heck you are ... trust me karma will come around! lol.
So you make a threat and then laugh? At least make an evil laugh, so we'll know you're serious.
Dark Horse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Fear is a result of ignorance. OWNERS should be accountable and punished, NOT the dog. I know many sweet and loveable pit bulls.
gammonoid

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Ahhhh. This will start to happen all over the place. Florida already passed a law that you could not get homeowners insurance if you own a Pit Bull or Doberman. Shit happens...these dogs are known to bite and severely hurt people; trained to do so or not.
gammonoid

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I have been around and played with docile and great family pits. But I also know that if something spooked that dog it has the potential to hurt and maul me. What's the purpose? You can have a great dog for protection, but it doesn't have to be something that has the ability to kill a human if it wants to. Too much risk...no need to have a dog like that as a domesticated pet.
Jason Menegay

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I love pit bulls , all the pit bulls I've met are the most Loving and sweet dog you could have. It's not the breed its the breeder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of155
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Leawood Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Leawood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••