Concerned Parent

Rome, NY

#1 Jan 18, 2014
Bullying

As a country we have to get better control of this behavior. We have all seen or heard about bullying at least once in our life time. Some of us may have been even bullied at some point in our lives. Others may have even been the bullies at one time or another. The bottom line is that bullying is wrong and needs to stop. It is affecting our lives worse today than ever before. We have seen countless shootings and suicides result from bullying. Today, bullying not only takes place in person, but on a global scale because of the use of the World Wide Web. Web sites like Facebook.com and Youtube.com regularly broadcast bullying on their pages. Personally, I think these sites should do a better job at monitoring their content for bullying. Social responsibility should be a part of their business plan. Most web sites that are connected to violent acts that occur usually will respond by taking that specific content off their pages, but this can take too long when lives are at risk.
A better response would be to have a global response through a government agency that can pull inappropriate content from web pages after a complete review of the information presented and consultation with effected parties. This could be a telephone or computer hotline that victims and their families can contact to report an incident and request the content to be removed and prevented in the future. If a crime occurred, the victim would be notified by the appropriate law enforcement agency and hopefully, a prosecution would take place.
Any thoughts or suggestions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five Kansas Dairy Queen stores hit by data breach 2 hr Elise Gingerich 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Overland Park, KS (Jul '10) 14 hr Joe Bob 104
Review: Sizzles BBQ Bar & Grill C (Jan '14) 17 hr swiesner 5
Specer Collins and the Little Free Library Jul '14 Grammy 1
Leawood man faces citation for putting Little F... Jun '14 Elizabeth 2
Westboro Baptist Church to picket funeral of Ka... (Apr '14) Apr '14 MIKETOUHY 2
Grandfather, grandson die in Kansas shootings (Apr '14) Apr '14 N L Graves 1
Leawood Dating
Find my Match

Leawood Jobs

Leawood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Leawood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Leawood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]