Interesting observation at Leawwod Court

Interesting observation at Leawwod Court

Posted in the Leawood Forum

Bellbiv

Kansas City, KS

#1 Mar 15, 2006
So I had to make a Court Appearance in the heart of Suburbia Kansas, Leawood Municipal Court...I was stopped a month ago and issued a Warning for Speeding..When they ran my license it had been Suspended 3 years prior...

Seems I paid a ticket in KC MO late and they sent me a late fee bill for $15...I had moved, didn't get the late fee notice from KCMO, so my KS license was suspended for this $15 transgression against KCMO...Of course they had the assembly line going in the Court collecting $250 for such aggregious acts as mine...

This in itself is a crock, but what I REALLY noticed is in a City where less than 3% of the Population is Black, well over 50% of the people in the Court were Black...The side I was on, 13 of 19 were Black, 11 Black Males...

Profiling or Coincidence?
john

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jun 5, 2006
you shouldn't live in leawodd if ur an african american. u dont fit in leave us caucasions alone
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#3 Jun 6, 2006
Playing the race card for your inability to follow the rules of law
is ignornant. Your excuses of moving and afterthoughts are simply
assanine. Give the racial profiling a rest and give Spike Lee my best.
Houston

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2006
Hearing about all of this racism and profiling in the KC area is of the highest concern to me.
You moved and didn't know anything about the late fee? Injustice. Are you sure you aren't just angry at your own stupidity? To say so would be something more people could feel something about.
living in leawood

Mountain View, CA

#5 Oct 14, 2008
John, Evidently most ofthe lawbreakers that day were both black and not from Leawood. SLow down !
Big lou

Kansas City, MO

#6 Oct 15, 2008
racial profiling of black drivers are Leawood are as commonplace as delivering the mail ,i work i leawood and have had employees and customers who are black tell me about the obvious discrepancy when the police see a black person driving i leawood.
Impressed

Olathe, KS

#7 Jul 11, 2009
So racists made you speed and pay late? Wow. Those are some powerful racists.

Excuse me while I run off to give the white man's special handshake to the cops for an amazing job.
Liars use facts

Overland Park, KS

#8 Jul 13, 2009
If you break the law then sure you get a citation. How many other races were represented? I notice when the race card is used real facts are avoided. The true racist are the ones who trys to use it to thier advantage.
sunshinejohn

United States

#9 Jul 19, 2009
Let's face it. Leawood and Overland Park both are too well represented by hyperactive cops--and they don't care what your color might be. Ask my cute, 68-year-old, white wife who has written unanswered complaints twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Michael Pyle (Apr '13) 5 hr pylefamily 3
The Ten Most Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When F... (Jul '07) Feb 24 HonestAbe 46
nsa hookups (May '15) Feb 23 HonestAbe 2
Does Anyone Know Jim Clark? (May '11) Jan '17 Dan Savage 9
News Methodists Trying to Avoid Church Split Over Ga... (May '16) Dec '16 Earburner 7
News Regulators allow AMC to buy smaller movie-theat... Dec '16 Will Dockery 1
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Dec '16 What 181

Leawood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leawood Mortgages