Violations by several restaurants in ...

Violations by several restaurants in KC and in Kansas bring penalties, shutdowns

There are 5 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Violations by several restaurants in KC and in Kansas bring penalties, shutdowns. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

“We were two degrees over on temperature and we had the equipment fixed”

The Kansas Department of Health and En vironment recently issued civil penalties to several Kansas restaurants for violations of state food service regulations.

** J. Alexander's Restaurant, 11471 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, was fined $1,000 on Jan. 10 for violations during an inspection Dec. 10. The department said the licensee failed to use multiuse food-contact surfaces that were free of breaks, cracks, chips and other imperfections and failed to clean food-contact surfaces of equipment and utensils to sight and touch; and an employee had bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat-foods. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

Since: Jan 08

Yankton, SD

#1 Mar 4, 2008
As long as critters ain't crawling around, I'm good. Just keep washing them hands!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Olathe, KS

#2 Mar 4, 2008
shellshock wrote:
As long as critters ain't crawling around, I'm good. Just keep washing them hands!!!!!!!!!!
My wife embarrases me by bringing her own silverware after watching cashiers handling money and wrapping table service sets in between customers. After seeing it for myself, she brings a set for me too.

Since: Feb 07

Independence, MO

#3 Mar 5, 2008
shellshock wrote:
you can't see every critter (with the naked eye)you should be concerned about. ew.

Since: Oct 07

Olathe, KS

#4 Mar 5, 2008
k in ks wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't see every critter (with the naked eye)you should be concerned about. ew.
Correct. You can't see more than 99% of them.

Since: Nov 07

Parsons, KS

#5 Mar 6, 2008
My son drives a truck and delivers to restuarants, schools, nursing homes, etc. He says some of the best tasting food around comes from kitchens you really don't want to go in. He's discovered some really classy joints that have seriously nasty kitchens, also. He tells of a mom and pop joint that he delivered to a while back. It seems the cook was grilling some burgers with a cigarette dangling from his mouth and ashes dropping into the burgers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Jun 20 MrNobody 176
Review: College Boulevard Animal Hospital (Jul '15) Jun 3 Mumscheid 2
News Who was Tammy Cochran? (Mar '08) May '16 WHTSD 12
News Methodists Trying to Avoid Church Split Over Ga... May '16 Logic Analysis 3
News Michael Duenes: From the big city of California... May '16 BC Travel Agent 4
Best in Business: Roe Avenue, Suite 210 Leawood... Apr '16 Anonymous 2
Neuterra - Neuhealth - Neuterra Capital Apr '16 Anonymous 1

Leawood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leawood Mortgages