Public safety: Man wants to withdraw ...

Public safety: Man wants to withdraw guilty plea

There are 1 comment on the Kansas City Star story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Public safety: Man wants to withdraw guilty plea. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Don L. Elbert II, who pleaded guilty earlier this year to enticing three teenage girls into prostitution, wants to withdraw that plea. He wrote U.S. District Judge Ortrie Smith saying he pleaded guilty partly because his attorney offered to take him to a Chiefs game after prison.

'I am writing ... to let you know that I did not pimp these young girls,' Elbert wrote. He said that the girls and 'jailhouse rats' were lying.

Smith said he will rule when Elbert is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 6. Police arrested Elbert, 26, during a 2006 prostitution investigation. Twins, age 13, and their 15-year-old sister told police that they began working as prostitutes for Elbert after running away from home. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

Close person to don

New York, NY

#1 Jan 26, 2008
They tried my homie on no evidence and what the hell these girls ran away from home I know him and he would not do this. He is locked up for no reason

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex fun with other boys at Boy Scout camp. (Sep '14) Oct 19 kyle 5
Were the Moors Black? (Dec '07) Oct 19 Due Tale 596
Johnson County=White Trash with Money? (Jul '11) Oct 13 Sam Brownback 15
skype sex (Jul '16) Oct 7 dragongundam 33
Review: Point One Janitorial LLC (May '14) Oct 7 Lindsay Morris 10
How to get people to vote (Oct '14) Oct 7 Chris Roesel 2
Teen curfew law in Overland Park? (Feb '10) Oct 6 Pickle Rick 17

Leawood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance