lkara

Waterloo, IA

#1 Jul 12, 2009
I told them I was looking for a HOUSE with specific criteria. They told me they had many HOMES in my price range in the town I wanted to live in. I just had to pay the fee. They said they would work to find me a HOME for as long as it took, and I would be able to view pictures online. I paid the money, and realized my mistake. First of all, there were no HOUSES that matched what they advertised and I called about. When I told them that, they said they told me they had HOMES and a home is any dwelling (I got screwed there). Also, every listing they DO show, you can find on free sites. They just copied and pasted. And they kept telling me not to go to other sites, because they had them on theirs. Yeah they don't want you to realize what they're doing. I told them I wanted my money back and they said they do not give refunds. I told them I would turn them into the Better Business Bureau, and they hung up on me. I would really recommend not doing it. You can everything you need on craigslist, rentalhomes.com , rent.com , and apartments.com . If you do a search for realtors in the area, they tend to have rentals on their sites also. I would only go with rentsource if you are too lazy to use google.
Cyndy

Leavenworth, KS

#2 Jun 9, 2010
I'm pretty sure that these are the same folks who used to run Rent Guide, and you're right. They simply take adds out of the newspaper or off of the internet and post them on to their own site and make it seem as though the landlords are contracting exclusively w/them. I called today regarding an ad on Craigs' list in my area. She gave me information and encouraged me to pay the $85 fee to take advantage of their services.
Chuck

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2013
Thank you for your reviews I will stay clear! 9/17/13
MICHAEL

Raymore, MO

#4 Jan 15, 2014
RENT SOURCE.. bunch of scumbag losers thagt couldnt make it in the real world so they lie cheat and steal for it good day
Donna Trussell

Wichita, KS

#5 Mar 28, 2014
Please do not give these scum bags any money this is nothing but a scam to get your money .if they can take from the elderly that live on a small fixed income for something that is already on craigslist they will take food out of a babies mouth .please don't throw away your money to these scum bags
gionne

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2015
I hate Rent Source. I hope you go bankrupt. Im so glad the BBB gave you scammers a F grade.
prettygrl076

Tampa, FL

#7 Feb 4, 2015
Rent source promised me they had property in my area they do not have anything that matches what I want looking at reviews I feel I've been screwed !! I feel like a idiot ! And I'm guessing no refund ? Wow !!!
ashquin

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2015
They did the same to me...I will never get a list from them again!!;
PositiveSmith

Austin, TX

#9 Mar 14, 2015
I paid their fee about 5-6 years ago because they told me that they had "exclusive" places on their website. I found my rental on Craigslist on my own... which WASN'T on their site, yet. I was pissed and knew that I was screwed because of the no refunds policy. They even led me to believe that i didn't have to pay apllication fees if I have my information registered with them, Liars!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FYI Caption Contest | Get a wild hair to be funny (Oct '10) Apr 10 drsid 15
Midland court apts. Apr 4 Transplant 1
News Shawnee Mission hospital defends itself against... (Jun '08) Apr 2 george1956 10
timeshare advice Mar 24 kannich 1
Watch Out for Kuenzi Mar 21 Woody_Peters 3
Specer Collins and the Little Free Library (Jul '14) Jul '14 Grammy 1
News Leawood man faces citation for putting Little F... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Elizabeth 2
More from around the web

Leawood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]