Pulpits push having sex to improve ma...

Pulpits push having sex to improve marriage

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Pulpits push having sex to improve marriage. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Even educated fleas do it. Not only fall in love. But make whoopee. Married couples at Mercy Church in Olathe, Kan., have been challenged to do it and do it every day during February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

sad

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 23, 2009
When your partner has physical ailments that prevent them from "performing", then what?

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#2 Feb 23, 2009
sad wrote:
When your partner has physical ailments that prevent them from "performing", then what?
I think the focus should be on intimacy, not on intercourse. Many couples face physical obstacles to a "normal" sex life (age, disability, etc.) but intimacy is the key. Sharing quiet thoughts, backrubs, foot massages, bathing together, holding hands, writing love notes, and allowing your partner to take the lead in matters outside the bedroom are all ways to improve intimacy. Think back to the days when you were dating, when you and your partner were interested in learning about each other. Couples who have been married a long time often err in thinking that they already know all there is to know about their spouses. Allow yourself to evolve with your partner, learn new things together, develop mutual interests, have fun, laugh together, and share silly moments. These are all ways to help keep the love life going when physical disabilities hamper a traditional sex life.

And remember, building a relationship with your spouse that isn't founded on physical attraction helps ensure that the love will outlast fleeting, youthful, physical beauty.

Zen
jmikk

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 23, 2009
There are lots of ways to have physical intimacy without intercourse - holding, touching, kissing... Let your imagination carry on that line of thought.

Good luck!

“Rudeness is the weak man's”

Since: Nov 08

imitation of strength.

#4 Feb 23, 2009
I think the message has more to do with intimacy than sex. If there are health issues involved making time for each other and sharing hugs and caresses can be just as meaningful.

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Feb 23, 2009
Well intimacy yes...but definately about sex as well. Just because there are some couples who have physical problems that make sex difficult does not mean that the message is not valid to the rest of us. I think it is understood and implied that the message is directed towards physically healthy couples. Then when dealing with couples with problems...you can be specific with them about alternative means of intimacy as well as avenues to find help.
MadeInAmerica

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Feb 23, 2009
sad wrote:
Very good point. Everyone seems to think that sex is always the answer.

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Feb 23, 2009
sad wrote:
Then this piece of advice would not apply to you...seems simple enough. That does NOT mean it is not good advice for those of us who do not have those ailments. Advice is never all or nothing. It is by definition NOT for everyone.
HaHa

Clackamas, OR

#9 Feb 23, 2009
I'm all for having more sex, but I'm afraid my wife will find out.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can i find some meth in Los Angeles? (Jul '15) Aug 19 Big daddy 3
Seeking Employment? Aug 6 aktx10 2
Review: Point One Janitorial LLC (May '14) Jul '16 Albert 7
skype sex Jul '16 a19squz 2
The Ten Most Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When F... (Jul '07) Jul '16 Dan85 43
John Sherman's Misleading Video Jul '16 Reality 1
Seamstress Needed Jul '16 Kmeoa 1

Leawood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance