Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

Judged:

Patrick Dalton is a real piece of work.I purchased a 2006 Suburban from him a few weeks ago.He has his listings on e-bay as best offer--that way he can control who can and cannot leave feedback.He was very laxed at returning e-mails and phone calls.He was laxed at providing proper paperwork for the vehicle.Paperwork was critical because the truck was being shipped to Canada.He did not acknowledge my travel plans and did not realize I was flying into Kansas City on a Saturday afternoon and therefore was not available to deliver vehicle.He made arrangements and left vehicle at the Airport Marriot Hotel with the keys at the front desk and paperwork in the truck.Floor mats and remote for DVD player were missing.I called him and he told me he would send it--that was over 3 weeks ago and they have not arrived.I called him back and he hung up on me.He was very rude on the phone.Buyers beware--he has good feedback on e-bay,but then again he could have had what few friends he has leave him the feedback.This was my 4th vehicle purchase on e-bay and it turned out to be the worst so far..Overall--bad experience..
George

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

I had a similar experience with Speedway/Patrick Dalton. He misrepresented a car he was selling in several phone conversations and emails. When we went to get the car, we found it was missing things and was in much worse condition than he said. We called him and asked for our money back. He cussed repeatedly and told there was no refund. "Come get your #$%^! car. THere are no @#$% refunds. Are we @#$%! clear?!!" was the quote as he hung up on me. We are considering suing Speedway, as he is in our opinion, guilty of substantial fraud in the selling of this car.
Joe

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

I too had a similar experience with Speedway / Patrick Dalton. I had purchased a car in October and had it shipped to me. When it arrived it was in no where near the condition that he represented to me over the phone. The pictures that he had posted on the internet, I feel, fraudulently hid the rust, rips in interior and other defects that were obvious all over the car. I complained to him immediately, and he will not take the car back, and has cut off communication with me. His purchase agreement no where states that he will not take returns. I am exploring my options as far as getting this matter resolved, but I am planning on contacting the Kansas Attorney Generals office, as well as the Better Business Bureau. I have included the links to these websites, and urge you to file a complaint with both these agencies if you too feel that you were defrauded by Speedway Motors of Merriam, Kansas and Patrick Dalton.
Better Business Bureau: http://kansascity.app.bbb.org/report/99125383
Kansas Attorney General:
http://www.ksag.org/content/page/id/39
Jim

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT do any business with this person. He is a liar, a cheat and he will attempt to intimidate you through his use of profanity, as illustrated by the other posters. This guy and sleezeballs like him, are the reason that used car dealers have had a such a bad reputation. Stay away from Speedway Motors, Patrick Dalton and anyone associated with this thief. We learned an expensive lesson...don't be his next victim. There is a good reason that the BBB gives him an F rating!!!
Joe

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Wow, I wish I would have read this website prior to my purchase at Speedway Motors in Early 2008.

I purchased an SUV from Patrick Dalton with about 50k miles. The vehicle looked to be in good condition on the exterior and everything appeared to be in working order. I took the vehicle on a test drive, looked it over very well and ended up buying it. In hindsight, I should have taken it to a local dealership to have a thorough inspection done.

I really should have trusted my gut feeling and not purchased the vehicle. Patrick is extremely rude and smug. He has absolutely no class and zero ntegrity. I even overheard him talking very loudly to what sounded like his attorney regarding what sounded like some shady business. I didn't put that together until after i purchased the vehicle and had problems with it a couple of months later.

Shortly after purchasing my vehicle and the useless C.A.R.S warranty (that Patrick swore would cover everything)I had to have the head gasket replaced. Big suprise, the warranty did not cover the work. The warranty he offers for his vehicles isn't worth the paper it is written on. Even after reading the fine print at the dealership I didn't realize all the loopholes in it until I filed a claim with the warranty company.

I had the head gasket work done at a very prestigious dealership in the Kansas City area. A member of their service department informed me that their dealership will no longer do business with Patrick because he owed theme a great deal of money and refused to pay the dealership. They will also no longer work with CARS warranty company because of all the trouble they have had with their company.

Over the last year I have had to put a lot of money into some damage that was obviously hidden. I have no way to outright prove it was broken at the time of purchase, but it is pretty obvious.

Speedway Motors sells some very high end vehicles that look very impressive. They do a wonderful job detailing the cars and concealing hidden damage. I wouldn't recommend this dealer to my worst enemy. Seriously... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PATRICK DALTON OR SPEEDWAY MOTORS IN MERRIAM KANSAS. Don't learn your lesson the hard way like i had to.
Jim Harvey

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

DREAM CAR...try NIGHTMARE!!!! I too had a similar experience with Speedway / Patrick C.Dalton. I had purchased a 1966 Cadillac on EBAY and had it shipped to me. When it arrived it was in no where near the condition that he represented to me over the phone. The pictures that he had posted on the internet, I feel, fraudulently hid the rust, rips in interior and other defects that were obvious all over the car.
I really should have trusted my gut feeling and not purchased the vehicle. He was very laxed at returning e-mails and phone calls. He was laxed at providing proper paperwork for the vehicle. I saved three years to buy this car. It is not even drivable. Speedway Motors sells some very high end vehicles that look very impressive. They do a wonderful job detailing the cars and concealing hidden damage. I wouldn't recommend this dealer to my worst enemy. Seriously... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PATRICK DALTON OR SPEEDWAY MOTORS IN MERRIAM KANSAS. Don't learn your lesson the hard way like i had to.
Tennessee

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

I just purchased a vehicle from him on ebay!! Nightmare!!!! I haven't had it 5 min and the transmission sounds like its coming out!! I will post more when I find out what I am going to do!!!
Tennessee

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Do not buy from Patrick Dalton, Speedway Motors!!!!!!! A scam Artist!!!! He has now told me to F*** OFF, and go buy a transmission when I just received it yesterday!!!!! I have reported him, and Thank God E-Bay protects customers from fraud. He needs to be SHUT DOWN!!
canadian

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

So I just put a 1000 paypal deposit on a car from this place. Who thinks I should try to get refund on it right now before paying the rest?.. Really wish I had seen this site earlier.
Johnny

Wernberg, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

canadian wrote:
So I just put a 1000 paypal deposit on a car from this place. Who thinks I should try to get refund on it right now before paying the rest?.. Really wish I had seen this site earlier.
Hallo,

how is that going on?
Patrick Dalton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Bruce was a very self-served, hard to please person. We are closed on Saturdays. Bruce without notification, flew in to pickup a vehicle on a day when we were closed. I was 3 hours away at a vacation home with my wife and kids. I made arrangements immediately for him to pickup the car. It required an employee forgoing most of their day off to deliver the car to Bruce. Bruce was unthankful, rude, demeaning and entirely self-serving. Once the car was delivered to him he was very happy with the SUV... He even states that in his posting. He wanted to have floormats with the car. These were not promised. I bought him brand new GM floormats and freighted/shipped them to Canada at a large cost to appease him. I also sent him a DVD remote to an aftermarket DVD system that was installed in the SUV. Bruce has never taken the time to respond to his negativity in this posting that started this thread. Bruce received great service, a great truck and more than he asked for. I personally hung up on him three times while trying to eat dinner with my kids, because he didn't believe I had sent him floor mats that I did not even owe him. Months after this posting his SUV was stolen. He begged me to forward him pictures of the vehicle for his insurance. I did not respong because of his abusive ways. Karma is a thing that catches the self-serving, me-me-me folks in the end. I went above and beyond for Bruce and for extremely little in return. I did my part. Bruce, if you read this please correct your story. Sometimes buyers are way worse than sellers. This is a prime example.
BRUCE ROCHE wrote:
Patrick Dalton is a real piece of work.I purchased a 2006 Suburban from him a few weeks ago.He has his listings on e-bay as best offer--that way he can control who can and cannot leave feedback.He was very laxed at returning e-mails and phone calls.He was laxed at providing proper paperwork for the vehicle.Paperwork was critical because the truck was being shipped to Canada.He did not acknowledge my travel plans and did not realize I was flying into Kansas City on a Saturday afternoon and therefore was not available to deliver vehicle.He made arrangements and left vehicle at the Airport Marriot Hotel with the keys at the front desk and paperwork in the truck.Floor mats and remote for DVD player were missing.I called him and he told me he would send it--that was over 3 weeks ago and they have not arrived.I called him back and he hung up on me.He was very rude on the phone.Buyers beware--he has good feedback on e-bay,but then again he could have had what few friends he has leave him the feedback.This was my 4th vehicle purchase on e-bay and it turned out to be the worst so far..Overall--bad experience..
Blessenmich

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Patrick Dalton wrote:
Bruce was a very self-served, hard to please person. We are closed on Saturdays. Bruce without notification, flew in to pickup a vehicle on a day when we were closed. I was 3 hours away at a vacation home with my wife and kids. I made arrangements immediately for him to pickup the car. It required an employee forgoing most of their day off to deliver the car to Bruce. Bruce was unthankful, rude, demeaning and entirely self-serving. Once the car was delivered to him he was very happy with the SUV... He even states that in his posting. He wanted to have floormats with the car. These were not promised. I bought him brand new GM floormats and freighted/shipped them to Canada at a large cost to appease him. I also sent him a DVD remote to an aftermarket DVD system that was installed in the SUV. Bruce has never taken the time to respond to his negativity in this posting that started this thread. Bruce received great service, a great truck and more than he asked for. I personally hung up on him three times while trying to eat dinner with my kids, because he didn't believe I had sent him floor mats that I did not even owe him. Months after this posting his SUV was stolen. He begged me to forward him pictures of the vehicle for his insurance. I did not respong because of his abusive ways. Karma is a thing that catches the self-serving, me-me-me folks in the end. I went above and beyond for Bruce and for extremely little in return. I did my part. Bruce, if you read this please correct your story. Sometimes buyers are way worse than sellers. This is a prime example.
<quoted text>
Where's the proof Pat? There are multiple examples of folks indicating that you've done them wrong in a business transaction here. Where's your proof proving otherwise?

Where there's smoke there's fire.
Patrick Dalton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Blessenmich wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the proof Pat? There are multiple examples of folks indicating that you've done them wrong in a business transaction here. Where's your proof proving otherwise?
Where there's smoke there's fire.
There are many whiny self indulged people in the world as well. I have nothing to prove in the post. Just stating my opinion like the others have. I have sold over 4,000 cars on eBay. If this thread is the worst of all the problems my customers have had, I am doing very, very well by them.
Joe

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Judged:

If you have sold over 4000 cars on ebay, how many ebay names have you had to use. We find it kind of strange you have to use speedway, speedway classics, pumpkin and probably a long list of others that are no longer registered users. If you have such a good business why so many fictitious names, and thatís only what we know of in the last year. Itís no wonder that there are so many complaints posted here, google, ebay and other sites. Your cars are over priced, your pictures are misrepresentative, and your business is the epitome of a greasy car dealer...
Blessenmich

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Joe wrote:
If you have sold over 4000 cars on ebay, how many ebay names have you had to use. We find it kind of strange you have to use speedway, speedway classics, pumpkin and probably a long list of others that are no longer registered users. If you have such a good business why so many fictitious names, and thatís only what we know of in the last year. Itís no wonder that there are so many complaints posted here, google, ebay and other sites. Your cars are over priced, your pictures are misrepresentative, and your business is the epitome of a greasy car dealer...
Burn!!!
CHRIS

Wheeler, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

I recently purchased a 2005 corvette from Patrick Dalton of Speedway Motors. The vehicle had a few issues, Patrick gave me his word and the owner of Auto Body Shop his word of full cooperation and payment. I have e-mails to prove this. He of course failed to pay the bills due and I am forced to take responsibility for the work done.(the kind of man I am!) He has never returned any calls or e-mails to myself or the body shop. Buyer BEWARE, he is not a man of his word. He does not sell "DREAM" cars he creates NIGHTMARES!!!
Blessenmich

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

File a BBB complaint and if he doesn't make you right take him to small claims court.

BBB complaints only takes your time. Small claims court will take time and less than $100.
CHRIS

Wheeler, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Blessenmich wrote:
File a BBB complaint and if he doesn't make you right take him to small claims court.
BBB complaints only takes your time. Small claims court will take time and less than $100.
I live n WI. What can I do? Will the BBB care since I am out of state
Blessenmich

Kansas City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Yes. The BBB always cares. File in the BBB for the local area from which you bought the car. You can do it online.
CHRIS

Wheeler, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Check E bay all his cars are gone ! Not able to find him on E bay???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leawood Discussions

Search the Leawood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Explosion Sound at 11:00am today... 14 hr Raquel 1
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 17 hr Bud 5,931
Were the Moors Black? (Dec '07) Jul 6 LION 582
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Jul 6 inquire 58
Specer Collins and the Little Free Library Jul 3 Grammy 1
Former OP detective accused of shoplifting, met... (Jul '08) Jun 25 Went to school with Nicki 84
black women who like white men (Mar '13) Jun 24 zipper this zip that 28
•••
•••
•••
•••

Leawood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Leawood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE