Waiter not tipped because he is gay

Waiter not tipped because he is gay

There are 46 comments on the WPTV Local News story from Oct 27, 2013, titled Waiter not tipped because he is gay. In it, WPTV Local News reports that:

The server found a message written on a credit card receipt telling him he would get no tip, because he is gay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTV Local News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Oct 27, 2013
Since the bill was paid with a credit card; the KKK wannabe terrorists can be smoked out with a little research
.....if they haven't been already
Feed 'em to the Lion!

LOL!
Chance

Grove City, PA

#2 Oct 27, 2013
Here Kitty Kitty wrote:
Since the bill was paid with a credit card; the KKK wannabe terrorists can be smoked out with a little research
.....if they haven't been already
Feed 'em to the Lion!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xBznm54nVMMXX
LOL!
I hope someone is examining hand writing samples. I find this story over the top and completely unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if this "gay" person wrote this note himself.
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Oct 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope someone is examining hand writing samples. I find this story over the top and completely unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if this "gay" person wrote this note himself.
Either way; crucifying a waiter for exemplary service is unacceptable adult behavior; regardless of who wrote the note
Of course; crucifying perfect people is what 'christians' do; so we really shouldn't be surprised now should we!
http://www.atheistmemebase.com/wp-content/upl...
david traversa

Argentina

#4 Oct 27, 2013
A silly action by hopelessly silly people ..

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6 Oct 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
What I can't believe is how you continue to log onto a gay friendly computer and gay friendly computer company or service and yet you crow about boycotting all things gay. What's wrong, boycotting your computer INCONVENIENT for ya? Typical arm chair conservative...big talker, but never backs his EMPTY words with actions. Typical.

Now, ME, I would rather die than set foot into Chick Filet-A, and will NEVER abandon my principals, unlike you whose word is as leaky as a sieve.

Palm Springs, California

#7 Oct 27, 2013
Here Kitty Kitty wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way; crucifying a waiter for exemplary service is unacceptable adult behavior; regardless of who wrote the note
Of course; crucifying perfect people is what 'christians' do; so we really shouldn't be surprised now should we!
You know what? Those two tight fisted cheap skates did gay rights a HUGE service and this kind of publicity is IMPOSSIBLE to buy. It is making tight ass conservatives look even more bad than they do, and gay folk getting huge sympathy. I would send the original jerk wads a huge thank you for their service to the LGBT community.

Ironic, ain't it, that their hateful behavior is actually helping the young man, and many others like him. It's TOO wonderful.

Palm Springs, California

#8 Oct 27, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe this story.
I don't believe you are not registered on Topix.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#10 Oct 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you are not registered on Topix.
He's tried off and on for over six years now. He just can't seem to control himself and follow TOS!
Chance

Grove City, PA

#11 Oct 27, 2013
Here Kitty Kitty wrote:
<quoted text>
We only have the waiter's say so that this actually happened. For all we know, they tipped him royally and then he himself wrote the note on the back of the receipt. How on earth did they even know he was gay? Did he make a pass at the man? This story really doesn't seem plausible.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#12 Oct 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>What I can't believe is how you continue to log onto a gay friendly computer and gay friendly computer company or service and yet you crow about boycotting all things gay. What's wrong, boycotting your computer INCONVENIENT for ya? Typical arm chair conservative...big talker, but never backs his EMPTY words with actions. Typical.
Now, ME, I would rather die than set foot into Chick Filet-A, and will NEVER abandon my principals, unlike you whose word is as leaky as a sieve.
How you doing, Curteese? I've explained before that I did some reading and came to realize how businesses are coerced into "supporting" gay rights by the HRC. Strong arm tactics force them to donate money to keep the HRC from blaring negative stuff all over the world about them. That means I cut some slack to the companies that knuckle under to them and go out of my way to support those businesses that have leaders that have the balls to stand firm on their own convictions no matter what tantrums the HRC throws. Chick-Fil-A is just one of many. I made it a point to find out who they are, and I have been very happy to find out that I've been doing business with at least one of them for decades.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#13 Oct 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>You know what? Those two tight fisted cheap skates did gay rights a HUGE service and this kind of publicity is IMPOSSIBLE to buy. It is making tight ass conservatives look even more bad than they do, and gay folk getting huge sympathy. I would send the original jerk wads a huge thank you for their service to the LGBT community.
Ironic, ain't it, that their hateful behavior is actually helping the young man, and many others like him. It's TOO wonderful.
Yeah, ironic alright and completely implausible. Has anyone named these "tight ass conservatives"? I don't think so. No chance to hear their side of the story. Gays can make up anything they want in this manner to make "conservatives look even more bad than they do." Anybody who accepts it at face value without more information is just a patsy.

Palm Springs, California

#15 Oct 27, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
How you doing, Curteese? I've explained before that I did some reading and came to realize how businesses are coerced into "supporting" gay rights by the HRC. Strong arm tactics force them to donate money to keep the HRC from blaring negative stuff all over the world about them. That means I cut some slack to the companies that knuckle under to them and go out of my way to support those businesses that have leaders that have the balls to stand firm on their own convictions no matter what tantrums the HRC throws. Chick-Fil-A is just one of many. I made it a point to find out who they are, and I have been very happy to find out that I've been doing business with at least one of them for decades.
Cop out.

However, you are like the parent who just broke up a really good pillow fight.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Oct 28, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
You only support businesses that have balls?
Mmmmmmm Sugar!
HOW telling!
How telling!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 Oct 28, 2013
I would have more respect for someone who asked me not to serve them because I'm gay than someone who would use me for my services and then tell me I don't deserve a tip because I'm gay. The man could have gotten a different person to wait on him but instead of showing his homophobia upfront he wanted to get even with the person for being gay by giving him hope that he'd receive a tip and then dashed it all to pieces with the note on the ticket. That is blatant hatred and homophobia. He sought out to harm the gay man in that way.
Gremlin

Hermitage, PA

#18 Oct 28, 2013
Homophobes are the spawn of satan.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Oct 29, 2013
I just see not tipping the waiter as stealing. You are stealing their services if you aren't paying them and stealing is against the Ten Commandments.

Palm Springs, California

#20 Oct 29, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
I just see not tipping the waiter as stealing. You are stealing their services if you aren't paying them and stealing is against the Ten Commandments.
Well, since taxes already take 8% of a waiter's tips, and he or she must tip out 15% to the bus boy and 10% to the bartender/cashier, the wait person is out 33% before he even counts up his totals.
R1 Rocks

United States

#21 Oct 29, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
I would have more respect for someone who asked me not to serve them because I'm gay than someone who would use me for my services and then tell me I don't deserve a tip because I'm gay. The man could have gotten a different person to wait on him but instead of showing his homophobia upfront he wanted to get even with the person for being gay by giving him hope that he'd receive a tip and then dashed it all to pieces with the note on the ticket. That is blatant hatred and homophobia. He sought out to harm the gay man in that way.
I wouldn't tip no queer either, hopefully the gay waiter learned his lesson and will now straighten up!!!
your mom

Cabot, AR

#22 Oct 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since taxes already take 8% of a waiter's tips, and he or she must tip out 15% to the bus boy and 10% to the bartender/cashier, the wait person is out 33% before he even counts up his totals.
I know and it's a bunch of BS.

Palm Springs, California

#23 Oct 29, 2013
R1 Rocks wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't tip no queer either, hopefully the gay waiter learned his lesson and will now straighten up!!!
I hope you can actually tell the truth for once in your sorry pathological lying lifetime. I won't bet on it, however.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Anyone Know Jim Clark? (May '11) Jan 10 Dan Savage 9
News Methodists Trying to Avoid Church Split Over Ga... (May '16) Dec 25 Earburner 7
News Regulators allow AMC to buy smaller movie-theat... Dec 22 Will Dockery 1
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Dec '16 What 181
News BEDCO approves strategic action plan (Nov '09) Dec '16 BTT 24
News Missing Man Larry Schnackenberg Found Alive (Jul '10) Nov '16 Still Wonder 221
Where can i find some meth in Los Angeles? (Jul '15) Nov '16 Greg 4

Leawood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leawood Mortgages