YRC boss Bill Zollars to retire

YRC boss Bill Zollars to retire

There are 25 comments on the KansasCity.com story from Sep 28, 2010, titled YRC boss Bill Zollars to retire. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

Troubled trucking company YRC Worldwide says its Chairman, President and CEO Bill Zollars is retiring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
g faria

New Bedford, MA

#1 Sep 29, 2010
too little too late the damage is done quote the digital camera is just a phase it'll pass the guys a total moron and so are the people that put him in charge how many companies has he put out of business or almost too many to count good bye wish i could come to the retirement party because i wont have one because i have no pension thanks yrc
tmster

Waterloo, Canada

#2 Oct 1, 2010
Very true faria...
tmster

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Oct 1, 2010
I have not worked for over a month.the freight levels are there but yrc does not want to pay medical.hopefully things will change with zollars gone.I am located. Out of orange CA.

Olive Branch, MS

#4 Oct 7, 2010
tmster wrote:
Very true faria...
do you guys not remember deregulation? its been over 20 years. ill take a job with YRC and not complain or worry about retirement. if they ask me to do something ill do it,and not bitch about it or show up late after lunch. i will not demand a raise, or reject a paycut. i want my freight company (your ex employer) to stay afloat. there will be no union forcing me to join them. everybody will be happy. why do you want the freight company to pay medical and retirement? they are in the LTL trucking business for profit and not the health or retirement business. this is 2010, not 1978, wake up guys, the LTL industry has changed along with the economy. you can get obama care starting 2014, when retirement age comes, you will get medicare and social security.
why is YRC obligated to pay for your retirement and medical care?

Since: Nov 08

Aurora, CO

#5 Nov 17, 2010
Zollars is a greedy SOB and the sooner he leaves the better. He went after companies he had no business going after - put YRC in the position it's in now. Layoffs in Denver have been steady for over a year when other YRC terminals have been hiring for the same position. At least Denver's terminal manager has finally been canned and his right-hand has been demoted. That can only mean good news. Still over 100 folks laid off, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel with the new manager.

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Nov 17, 2010
scoots wrote:
Zollars is a greedy SOB and the sooner he leaves the better. He went after companies he had no business going after - put YRC in the position it's in now. Layoffs in Denver have been steady for over a year when other YRC terminals have been hiring for the same position. At least Denver's terminal manager has finally been canned and his right-hand has been demoted. That can only mean good news. Still over 100 folks laid off, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel with the new manager.
no he is not a greedy sob, he just didn't like lazy union workers!

Denver, CO

#7 Nov 18, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text> no he is not a greedy sob, he just didn't like lazy union workers!
Yeah right! Those union workers are the ones giving him his millions of dollars in bonuses every year. You talk because you have a mouth.

Olive Branch, MS

#8 Nov 21, 2010
scoots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right! Those union workers are the ones giving him his millions of dollars in bonuses every year. You talk because you have a mouth.
teamsters are underworked and overpaid.

Denver, CO

#9 Nov 21, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
teamsters are underworked and overpaid.
Really? You know this from first-hand experience or are you just repeating something someone else told you?

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Nov 22, 2010
scoots wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You know this from first-hand experience or are you just repeating something someone else told you?
no i have no experience as a teamster, im not a lazy person, and if my boss tells me to do something i do it and not argue. my company pays a little less, but my job is secure. i do not demand a raise or refuse a paycut. ABF teamsters, look out your asses will be unemployed soon!

Aurora, CO

#11 Nov 23, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
no i have no experience as a teamster, im not a lazy person, and if my boss tells me to do something i do it and not argue. my company pays a little less, but my job is secure. i do not demand a raise or refuse a paycut. ABF teamsters, look out your asses will be unemployed soon!
I didn't ask if you were a teamster idiot. I asked if you had any experience working with them - as a boss or otherwise. Apparently, you aren't a boss. No one ever said that they argue with their bosses, but they don't need to be brown-nosers in order to keep their jobs either. Do you even work in the trucking industry???? No one's job is secure. This recession should have taught you that.

Olive Branch, MS

#12 Nov 24, 2010
scoots wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask if you were a teamster idiot. I asked if you had any experience working with them - as a boss or otherwise. Apparently, you aren't a boss. No one ever said that they argue with their bosses, but they don't need to be brown-nosers in order to keep their jobs either. Do you even work in the trucking industry???? No one's job is secure. This recession should have taught you that.
i want you name and location, i dont like what you just called me, im comming over there to slapp the hell out of you!

Aurora, CO

#13 Nov 24, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
i want you name and location, i dont like what you just called me, im comming over there to slapp the hell out of you!
What an idiot? I suppose if the shoe fits ...

Don't spout off until you have some real knowledge. Until then, shut the hell up!

Olive Branch, MS

#14 Nov 24, 2010
scoots wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't spout off until you have some real knowledge. Until then, shut the hell up!
ok mr know it all trucker, how would you like someone to jerk your fat ass out of that big truck and slapp you around a few times!

Olive Branch, MS

#15 Nov 24, 2010
scoots wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be one of them know it all teamster freight haulers. think you know evrrything about driving a truck, also think you know everything about the trucking industry. most freight haulers do. well i witnessed an estes truck one night, thought he knew everything about how to drive on ice, couldn't keep his foot out of it, then rear ended a pick up truck, sent two people to the hospital! i had to tell the state trooper want i saw. teamsters have a bad additude! they are over confident on the highway! bet that freight hauler was looking for another job the next day, ya think so? now are you ready for a 300 dollar ass whippin? i dont like your additude, you punk!

Olive Branch, MS

#16 Nov 24, 2010
tmster wrote:
I have not worked for over a month.the freight levels are there but yrc does not want to pay medical.hopefully things will change with zollars gone.I am located. Out of orange CA.
companies are in business for profit. yrc (for example) is in the transportation business, they are not in the health insurance business, hospital care business, or the retirement business. this is 2010, not 1978. when are you teamsters going to realize this. do you not remember deregulation? its beeen over 29 years! face reality! do you not remember when jimmy carter stood up there and said he was going to deregulate the trucking industry so that the american people could afford to buy things which would put a control on inflation?

Denver, CO

#17 Nov 25, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
companies are in business for profit. yrc (for example) is in the transportation business, they are not in the health insurance business, hospital care business, or the retirement business. this is 2010, not 1978. when are you teamsters going to realize this. do you not remember deregulation? its beeen over 29 years! face reality! do you not remember when jimmy carter stood up there and said he was going to deregulate the trucking industry so that the american people could afford to buy things which would put a control on inflation?
Somebody should probably stop living in the past and concentrate on their future. Deregulation so the American people can afford to buy things? Is that when you started buying shit from China?

Denver, CO

#18 Nov 25, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be one of them know it all teamster freight haulers. think you know evrrything about driving a truck, also think you know everything about the trucking industry. most freight haulers do. well i witnessed an estes truck one night, thought he knew everything about how to drive on ice, couldn't keep his foot out of it, then rear ended a pick up truck, sent two people to the hospital! i had to tell the state trooper want i saw. teamsters have a bad additude! they are over confident on the highway! bet that freight hauler was looking for another job the next day, ya think so? now are you ready for a 300 dollar ass whippin? i dont like your additude, you punk!
Bring it on you little piss ant.

I saw an SUV lose it on the highway - what does that make him? Not all drivers are union members. Talk about a bad attitude. All truckers are over-confident on the highway. Guess you don't drive much!

I was also hit by a drunk driver - he wasn't a teamster either, but he was over-confident thought he could race and lost control at 65. He's probably your cousin!

You know nothing about the trucking industry - union or otherwise.

Denver, CO

#19 Nov 25, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
ok mr know it all trucker, how would you like someone to jerk your fat ass out of that big truck and slapp you around a few times!
Somebody's got a bad attitude and isn't a teamster and knows nothing about the teamsters. Imagine that!
whamo

Cleveland, TN

#20 Nov 26, 2010
YRC is cooked....stick a fork in em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Jun 20 MrNobody 176
Review: College Boulevard Animal Hospital (Jul '15) Jun 3 Mumscheid 2
News Who was Tammy Cochran? (Mar '08) May '16 WHTSD 12
News Methodists Trying to Avoid Church Split Over Ga... May '16 Logic Analysis 3
News Michael Duenes: From the big city of California... May '16 BC Travel Agent 4
Best in Business: Roe Avenue, Suite 210 Leawood... Apr '16 Anonymous 2
Neuterra - Neuhealth - Neuterra Capital Apr '16 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leawood Mortgages