Man Charged with Attempted Murder in ...

Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Prairie Village Attack

There are 55 comments on the Fox4KC story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Prairie Village Attack. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

A Benton County man has been arrested and charged with first degree attempted murder after a Prairie Village woman was found beaten in her home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

long time friend

Leavenworth, KS

#24 Sep 15, 2010
I have known brian for almost 20 years. he does have a past, and he has paid his dues for that. I honestly dont see him hurting someone for that fact of getting what he wants. yes he has a history of stealing, but all of his theft crimes are just that...non violent! Im not saying he isnt capable of it, just that he wouldnt do it. And msmc, im sorry you see it as an insult, but cops screw up everyday, thats life. Just because they have a badge and a gun does not mean that they are 100% right all the time. You are ignorant if you believe otherwise. Only one person knows the truth, wait and let him tell his side. Keep your head up Brian, you will get through this...f**k what everyone else has to say.
Michelle

Olathe, KS

#25 Sep 15, 2010
I am also a friend of the victim's son and have met the victim she has identified this man who left her battered and for dead he will get his day in court but he cetainly doesn't deserve to live. No person should have to son or daughter should have to see their mother go through this.
Jack

Oak Grove, MO

#26 Sep 15, 2010
long time friend wrote:
I have known brian for almost 20 years. he does have a past, and he has paid his dues for that. I honestly dont see him hurting someone for that fact of getting what he wants. yes he has a history of stealing, but all of his theft crimes are just that...non violent! Im not saying he isnt capable of it, just that he wouldnt do it. And msmc, im sorry you see it as an insult, but cops screw up everyday, thats life. Just because they have a badge and a gun does not mean that they are 100% right all the time. You are ignorant if you believe otherwise. Only one person knows the truth, wait and let him tell his side. Keep your head up Brian, you will get through this...f**k what everyone else has to say.
I think there are 2 more that know the truth... the victim and God.
Eddie

Wylie, TX

#27 Sep 15, 2010
Thank You Carley,
Thank you for being honest and for the kind words to My Aunt and family. This vicious and brutal attack could not have happened to a more caring and wonderful woman.

**********
carley wrote:
i to know Mr pennington and hes a violent man im sorry but its the cold hard truth he use to beat up everyone who was in his way and he would work hard to get the things he wanted even if it ment to steal them i really wish he would have got his life together and became a better man my prayers go out to the Victims family and i hope mr pennington gets what he deserves !
ticked off

United States

#28 Sep 15, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
I know Mr. Pennington and have his whole life, I hope the investigation does not stop with Brian, I know because of his past convictions of some petty theft crimes, some bigger items, but he has never and would never hurt anyone, this is clearly a case where they have a guy who worked for this woman a couple of weeks earlier..maybe they need to investigate the husband and the crazy neighbor that is single man and very interested in this lady's business....so sorry for the woman, but police need to keep looking..they only have a young family man that made bad choices in his past, paid for them, and now is paying for his history...
WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIM AND HER FAMILY!!! ACCORDING TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO ALSO KNEW HIM,HE SOUNDS LIKE HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM CHILD!!! THIS WAS A TOTAL ACT OF STUPIDITY AND AND ANY KIND OF HUMAN COMPASSION FOR ANYONE!! HOPE HE MAKES SOME GUY NAMED BUTCH A NICE PLAYMATE IN PRISON!!!
Eddie

Wylie, TX

#29 Sep 15, 2010
To the rest of you A** Holes that keep defending That sick I don't even want to say person (Monster)Shame on your A**. For those of you that knew Brian just be thankful that you or one of your loved one's didn’t fall victim to this sick individual.
Eddie

Wylie, TX

#30 Sep 15, 2010
Bring his A** to Texas will give him a proper trial!!!
CARLEY

Garnett, KS

#31 Sep 15, 2010
Eddie wrote:
Thank You Carley,
Thank you for being honest and for the kind words to My Aunt and family. This vicious and brutal attack could not have happened to a more caring and wonderful woman.
**********
<quoted text>
im just tring to get people to see the truth hes not a nice man and hes very capable of hurting others if somethings not done to stop him im so sorry that it had to happen to this woman i just thank god shes still alive and was able to point this man out to the cops and for you that are definding brian shame on you wake up and see the truth if you have been friends for so long you would see how vicious he really is !!!
johnson

Leawood, KS

#32 Sep 15, 2010
They finally got the SOB back up here and booked. So was he living here now and caught on the run down south?
Hate to say

Kansas City, MO

#33 Sep 15, 2010
I hate to say i know the Pennington's also. They are all bullies. Go to face book and check them out. I wouldn't have any of them in my home. Eddie you are right about Brian he is a Monster, but he was created by Monsters.
Candiss

Houston, TX

#34 Sep 15, 2010
I too heard about this from the victim's son. The comments on here are quite disturbing.

My prayers are for her family and I hope she recovers soon and is able to get justice for the insanity of what has happened to her. So incredibly sad that someone can do such a thing to another person.

An eye for an eye - in hell.
Bill

Leawood, KS

#35 Sep 15, 2010
Hate to say wrote:
I hate to say i know the Pennington's also. They are all bullies. Go to face book and check them out. I wouldn't have any of them in my home. Eddie you are right about Brian he is a Monster, but he was created by Monsters.
All 40,00 of them. I can only imagine, post a link to one of them please.
Msmc

Kansas City, KS

#36 Sep 16, 2010
Long Time Friend,
The viictim ID'd him. She is a ( by all accounts) stand up citizen. What reason would she have to lie? And again, she fought him off. His DNA is there, all of us have watched at least one episode of cop TV to know that his DNA was probably left under her fingernails.
I disagree - the cops do not screw up "all the time". ESP not on a case this high profile.
You will have many years to discuss your friend's innocence with him when he is relocated down the road from you in Lansing.
Carley, I certainly hope you were not a victim of the accused. Thank you for telling all what he is about.
carley

Kansas City, MO

#37 Sep 16, 2010
Msmc wrote:
Long Time Friend,
The viictim ID'd him. She is a ( by all accounts) stand up citizen. What reason would she have to lie? And again, she fought him off. His DNA is there, all of us have watched at least one episode of cop TV to know that his DNA was probably left under her fingernails.
I disagree - the cops do not screw up "all the time". ESP not on a case this high profile.
You will have many years to discuss your friend's innocence with him when he is relocated down the road from you in Lansing.
Carley, I certainly hope you were not a victim of the accused. Thank you for telling all what he is about.
thats just it i was one of his victims but thank god i got out before it was to late i just wish others could see what this mans about hes pure evil and again i im sorry this woman had to become a victim of this evil monster may god give her a full speedy recovery!
JoeBlow

Lenexa, KS

#38 Sep 16, 2010
Eddie wrote:
To the rest of you A** Holes that keep defending That sick I don't even want to say person (Monster)Shame on your A**. For those of you that knew Brian just be thankful that you or one of your loved one's didn’t fall victim to this sick individual.
I was in NO way defending him. I only stated that when I was around him he showed no signs of violent behaviour. I actually think that he tried to steal from me but didn't get anything for whatever reason. I sincerely hope that when the truth comes out in court that he gets what he deserves. But I think our system won't allow anyone to cut his throat and throw him down a set of stairs, which is what he deserves. I would be first in line to do the deed if they would let me!
Irene

West Plains, MO

#39 Sep 16, 2010
wellllllll, it sounds like he did have background problems.and history, and the people that have been wronged by him in the past certainly know this for sure. but , I still have problem wondering why he did this to her , they said nothing was gone from the house ,, but how would anyone know that? all Im saying is....there has been cases in the past that looked like someone did it , that did not. if his DNA was on her , and they got it , then I go along with what everyone said ,, but how did they get DNA match so quickly? when they always say "it will take 6-8 weeks before we can get the test back". if she was so critically injured, and they said she couldnt even talk to police, how did they get her to identify him so quickly? a person that has been so tramatized might be quick to identfy anyone, especially the if the neighbor, or ex , was quick to identify a person that had worked for her a couple of weeks prior,, Im not saying hes not quilty,,,just show me the proof.
Irene

West Plains, MO

#40 Sep 16, 2010
if he is qulity , my sympathies go out to the victims family ,, and his wife and kiddies ,, they are victims too.
Miracle Marti son

Houston, TX

#41 Sep 16, 2010
Brian Pennington, 26, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, and is being held on $1 million bond.(fact)
“When we went to interview this person our detectives immediately noticed some evidence that I can't talk about, but it led them to believe that he was probably our primary suspect in the case," said Capt. Wes Lovett of the Prairie Village Police Department.(fact)
I pray for for the Pennington family/friends and I hope they get help as it is apparently needed. You should be ashamed of yourselves for raising a monster and shame on you for supporting him when he has done something like this. My mother is talking (fact) and I promise Brian will be in jail for a long time. To Brian K. Pennington and family, you f**k** with the wrong family - see you court! I’d just keep your head down Brian not sure you will get though this one.
Thank you friends and family for all your love, prayers and positive thoughts. My mother is a strong person and has even stronger faith and god! Keep the prayers coming they truly are helping.
Wondering

Cranberry Twp, PA

#42 Sep 16, 2010
Irene wrote:
if he is qulity , my sympathies go out to the victims family ,, and his wife and kiddies ,, they are victims too.
Regardless of who is guilty, your sympathies should go out to this lady and her family... not just "if he is guilty"
Irene

West Plains, MO

#43 Sep 17, 2010
of course my sympathies go out to the victim & her family ,,,, regardless of who is quilty, and if he is guilty , to his wife and kiddies ,, because their life has been changed forever too. I pray that this lady will regain her health & strength completly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Specer Collins and the Little Free Library (Jul '14) Jul '14 Grammy 1
News Leawood man faces citation for putting Little F... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Elizabeth 2
News Westboro Baptist Church to picket funeral of Ka... (Apr '14) Apr '14 MIKETOUHY 2
News Grandfather, grandson die in Kansas shootings (Apr '14) Apr '14 N L Graves 1
Christmas cards (Dec '13) Dec '13 just curious 2
Mission Road & 151st - Saturday 26th/2013 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fusobacterium 1
News Man, 18, charged with stalking after following ... (May '13) Sep '13 Regency 3
More from around the web

Leawood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Leawood Mortgages