Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,485 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

The Professor

Manhattan, KS

#5783 Sep 13, 2013
... you mean the *INTENDED* effect...
willy

Junction City, KS

#5784 Sep 13, 2013
The Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
And that accomplishes... what?
shows that people don't always listen to bloomberg and his millions of $.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5785 Sep 13, 2013
willy wrote:
<quoted text>shows that people don't always listen to bloomberg and his millions of $.
Bloomberg is a jackass
willy

Junction City, KS

#5786 Sep 14, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloomberg is a jackass
The man has too much money and a god complex. He thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong. Instead of spending money on politics he could use it to help people.
Uncle Jed

Lenexa, KS

#5787 Sep 15, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
Colorado normally has balloting by mail but it was disallowed in this by a court for some reason. The net effect was to decrease Democratic turnout.
Voting by mail too complex for the democrat.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5788 Sep 18, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
Colorado normally has balloting by mail but it was disallowed in this by a court for some reason. The net effect was to decrease Democratic turnout.
Why is that? Do Democrats have less access to a post office then a Republican does? And if so please state the proof of such a claim.

Location hidden

#5789 Sep 18, 2013
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that? Do Democrats have less access to a post office then a Republican does? And if so please state the proof of such a claim.
Let's take a moment to clarify terms here: "Democratic voters" rather than "Republican voters" turn out less, as in the recent recall elections in Colorado for two State Senators.

I tend to see the terms "Democrats" and "Republicans" as more descriptive of persons who have contributed to political causes, attended party convention or cauci, etc. These activist types always turn out.

One of my great heroes was former Congressman Jack Brooks of the 9th District of Texas. I recall remarks Brooks made at a 1990 Labor Day breakfast at which he described a gas station attendant who ran up to Brooks and pumped his hand with a vigorous handshake to thank him for getting his mother's veteran's benefits straightened out. Brooks noted people like that young man often turned out to be unlikely voters and our job as campaign workers was to turn 'em out.

Republicans are privileged members of society and motivated to continue their privileged status. Those who lack privileges - the hungry, tired, broken, marginal, etc.- often must be coaxed to vote.

Therefore Democrats have sought to make it easy to vote and Republicans have sought to make it harder.

This is not empirical evidence but I'm sure you can find some with your little clicker there.

As to your indignantly stated question there I do not have a logicsal answer. You sound like the fellow who was convinced the lunch ladies at his high school cafeteria could all have become nuclear physicists if only they had chosen to do so.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5790 Sep 19, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take a moment to clarify terms here: "Democratic voters" rather than "Republican voters" turn out less, as in the recent recall elections in Colorado for two State Senators.
I tend to see the terms "Democrats" and "Republicans" as more descriptive of persons who have contributed to political causes, attended party convention or cauci, etc. These activist types always turn out.
One of my great heroes was former Congressman Jack Brooks of the 9th District of Texas. I recall remarks Brooks made at a 1990 Labor Day breakfast at which he described a gas station attendant who ran up to Brooks and pumped his hand with a vigorous handshake to thank him for getting his mother's veteran's benefits straightened out. Brooks noted people like that young man often turned out to be unlikely voters and our job as campaign workers was to turn 'em out.
Republicans are privileged members of society and motivated to continue their privileged status. Those who lack privileges - the hungry, tired, broken, marginal, etc.- often must be coaxed to vote.
Therefore Democrats have sought to make it easy to vote and Republicans have sought to make it harder.
This is not empirical evidence but I'm sure you can find some with your little clicker there.
As to your indignantly stated question there I do not have a logicsal answer. You sound like the fellow who was convinced the lunch ladies at his high school cafeteria could all have become nuclear physicists if only they had chosen to do so.
The fact that you think all Republican's are "privileged members of society" and that all Democrat's are "those who lack privileges" pretty much makes the rest of your opinion nothing more than talking points for a progressive liberal agenda....as in not even close to fact based. So please tell me, as an Independent, what category would I be in? Am I privileged but not at a high enough degree to be a Republican or am I hungry, tired, and broken. Just not as much as a Democrat?
And last but not least.....do you realize how comical your assumptions of R's and D's really is?
Tax Payer

Oskaloosa, KS

#5791 Sep 19, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my great heroes was former Congressman Jack Brooks of the 9th District of Texas. I recall remarks Brooks made at a 1990 Labor Day breakfast at which he described a gas station attendant who ran up to Brooks and pumped his hand with a vigorous handshake to thank him for getting his mother's veteran's benefits straightened out. Brooks noted people like that young man often turned out to be unlikely voters and our job as campaign workers
was to turn 'em out.
This just proves the mind of kangaroo is fogged by the dope he uses. His eyes have to be brown, he is so full of crap. Saying the Republicans want to make it harder for the Dumacrats to vote. They are the entitled ones expecting government handouts to maintain the lifestyle they have come accustomed to.

Location hidden

#5792 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
The fact that you think all Republican's are "privileged members of society" and that all Democrat's are "those who lack privileges" pretty much makes the rest of your opinion nothing more than talking points for a progressive liberal agenda....as in not even close to fact based. So please tell me, as an Independent, what category would I be in? Am I privileged but not at a high enough degree to be a Republican or am I hungry, tired, and broken. Just not as much as a Democrat?
And last but not least.....do you realize how comical your assumptions of R's and D's really is?
Your post lacks clarity. In every election one must choose as our Founding Father John Dickinson wisely noted whether to accept that we are oppressed when we are or buy into the illusion that because some are rich we can be rich if we just do what the motivational posters say. You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Decrying politicians is just a rhetorical exercise. Politicians are tools.

Location hidden

#5793 Sep 19, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
This just proves the mind of kangaroo is fogged by the dope he uses. His eyes have to be brown, he is so full of crap. Saying the Republicans want to make it harder for the Dumacrats to vote. They are the entitled ones expecting government handouts to maintain the lifestyle they have come accustomed to.
This is what's best known as lying out your ass. Republican efforts to suppress the votes of minorities, women, and college students are well-documented. It is the Republicans who stand for handouts, to the leisure class for which they are the errand boys.
just the facts

Junction City, KS

#5794 Sep 19, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is mindboggling that republicans would try to make it harder for Democrats to vote, but they have been caught on camera admitting their tactics are aimed at that very outcome. When they sit back and see that a higher percentage of Democrats take advantage of early voting, then get rid of early voting - it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, it has nothing to do with the illusive voter fraud.
And as far as entitlements - ummm --- sorry but you seem to be on the wrong side of the facts on that one too. It is no secret and well documented that the red states have the higher percentages of welfare recipients. Democrats do not expect handouts, and the evidence shows more republicans take them than democrats. fortunately for all Americans we still have a Democratic party that cares about their fellow Americans, regardless of their political persuasion.
Lawrence Journal

Kansas City, MO

#5795 Sep 20, 2013
The Professor wrote:
I see that "Butthole Freddy" is all quiet today. Must be busy picketing somewhere in the big town of Toepicker...
I think NPR had a good analysis of the Colorado snafu (link below). One thing they really didn't get into, and it's something that may have been brought up here before, is that the gun enthusiasts are just naturally better organized. It's impossible for them not to be!
They go to their hunting clubs... their shooting ranges... their gun shows... their gun shops... all these places where gun enthusiasts naturally collect and connect... and the political activists and organizers show up with their fliers and speeches and buttons and stickers.
So... where do, say, the "gun control enthusiasts" meet? The Gun Control Club? The Gun Control Show? The Not-Shooting-Today Range? The best that organizers on that side of the argument can do is try to set up a table in front of someplace like Target and hope that you hit enough people coming in the door, or leverage enough people through Meetup.com or someplace like that.
It's the difference between throwing a line in the water with a single hook and some bait on it... and dragging a big net through a school of fish that naturally swims together. Like it or not, the gun enthusiasts will always have that advantage when it comes to organizing. The best the rest of us can do is hope that some of them wake up and start educating each other on the dangers of swimming with sharks like Wayne LaPierre.
Stick a sock in it, Biden!
Justice P Coltrain

Oskaloosa, KS

#5796 Sep 25, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
It is mindboggling that republicans would try to make it harder for Democrats to vote, but they have been caught on camera admitting their tactics are aimed at that very outcome. When they sit back and see that a higher percentage of Democrats take advantage of early voting, then get rid of early voting - it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, it has nothing to do with the illusive voter fraud.
And as far as entitlements - ummm --- sorry but you seem to be on the wrong side of the facts on that one too. It is no secret and well documented that the red states have the higher percentages of welfare recipients. Democrats do not expect handouts, and the evidence shows more republicans take them than democrats. fortunately for all Americans we still have a Democratic party that cares about their fellow Americans, regardless of their political persuasion.
Another one taking their turn at the glue jar
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5797 Sep 25, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what's best known as lying out your ass. Republican efforts to suppress the votes of minorities, women, and college students are well-documented. It is the Republicans who stand for handouts, to the leisure class for which they are the errand boys.
Read a little history once in a while and try to get some "learning" before making such ridiculous claims. It might just help your credibility. Otherwise you are just coming across as a blabbling idiot!!!

And try proving your claim of any one trying to suppress the votes of minorities or anyone else. You post that crap all the time and yet you NEVER show any proof of it, I have to assume because there is no proof. So where is this "well-documented" evidence?
The Professor

Manhattan, KS

#5798 Sep 25, 2013
Lawrence Journal wrote:
<quoted text>Stick a sock in it, Biden!
Wow. Took you seven whole days to come up with six words? And since you didn't take any of the original post to task in any sort of meaningful or factual way... one can only presume that your mental fuel tank is running on empty, as usual.

What's wrong, "Uncle Jed?" Not enough possum on the roadside for you?
just the facts

Junction City, KS

#5799 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Read a little history once in a while and try to get some "learning" before making such ridiculous claims. It might just help your credibility. Otherwise you are just coming across as a blabbling idiot!!!
And try proving your claim of any one trying to suppress the votes of minorities or anyone else. You post that crap all the time and yet you NEVER show any proof of it, I have to assume because there is no proof. So where is this "well-documented" evidence?
You either have a very short-term memory or have not expanded your news gathering beyond Fox news -
Here's just a few comments by the right:

"The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that “early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/north-carolina-emb...

Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai told a gathering of Republicans that their voter identification law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.”

After the election, former Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer told The Palm Beach Post that the explicit goal of the state’s voter-ID law was Democratic suppression.“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told the Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only ...‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” he said. Indeed, the Florida Republican Party imposed a host of policies, from longer ballots to fewer precincts in minority areas, meant to discourage voting.

Do you need more proof?
Squad Leader

Coffeyville, KS

#5800 Sep 25, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need more proof?
Right wingnuts don't listen to proof. The only spew garbage quoted from the radical hate blogs.
Uncle Jed

Yates Center, KS

#5801 Sep 25, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/chicago-gun...
Damn how did this happen! with such strict gun laws?
Uncle Jed

Yates Center, KS

#5802 Sep 25, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore democrats have sought to make it easier to ^ commit voter fraud. Conservatives have sought to make it harder ^for Democrats to commit voter fraud.

There that looks better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ten Most Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When F... (Jul '07) Aug 27 Grammarman 35
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Aug 22 Noexpertbutiknowh... 168
News BCS Overland Park, KS Reports Year to Date Incr... (Aug '10) Aug 3 lgmester 4
Review: Rent Source (Jul '09) Jul '15 Zorah 10
Lionsate411.com Jul '15 The Vogel Team 1
Where can i find some meth in Los Angeles? Jul '15 MrBlack 1
Diildos and kids stuff Jul '15 Epic 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Leawood Mortgages