Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,514 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5447 May 8, 2013
d_thompson wrote:
<quoted text> So a state standing up for itself is a stunt really? Before you call it a stunt you should read the 9th and 10th amendments. The only way the fed would have jurisdiction would be for interstate commerce which means if it stays in the state the fed is SOL.Besides it's not the first time Ks has told the fed no.
Of course it's not only a stunt, it's a meaningless and futile gesture.
failed policies

Coffeyville, KS

#5448 May 8, 2013
yes Agnostick let's follow the $. Obama promised jobs would be his top priority. Meanwhile he has talked about nothing but social issues, not jobs! The stock market loves Obama while the college kids are graduating with a degree and moving back in with parents because there are no jobs or only part time jobs available. The unemployment rate for youth and minorities remains far higher than the unemployment rate, and Obama wants to give citizenship to illegals allowing more people to fight for the few jobs there are now and allowing more people to live off the tax payers dime, and increase the already obscene debt left for our children and grandchildren. But hey, those living on wages from investments, or the evil rich as they are known, are loving on the stock market that is loving on Obama. But we are suppose to believe Obama is for the middle class. Yeah right!!! Follow the money!

Location hidden

#5449 May 8, 2013
failed policies wrote:
yes Agnostick let's follow the $. Obama promised jobs would be his top priority. Meanwhile he has talked about nothing but social issues, not jobs! The stock market loves Obama while the college kids are graduating with a degree and moving back in with parents because there are no jobs or only part time jobs available. The unemployment rate for youth and minorities remains far higher than the unemployment rate, and Obama wants to give citizenship to illegals allowing more people to fight for the few jobs there are now and allowing more people to live off the tax payers dime, and increase the already obscene debt left for our children and grandchildren. But hey, those living on wages from investments, or the evil rich as they are known, are loving on the stock market that is loving on Obama. But we are suppose to believe Obama is for the middle class. Yeah right!!! Follow the money!
Kinda convoluted and poorly written there, Jerry. You'd have a point if you weren't whoring for the Rethuglicans yourself.

Since: Apr 13

Fort Scott

#5450 May 8, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's not only a stunt, it's a meaningless and futile gesture.
Meaningless and futile for a state to stand up and say we got this we don't need anymore supervision from the fed. So your answer is for more Federal government control?
Since most of my previous post were before I registered I will fill you in on a few things I have posted before.
I am not someone who thinks the government is going to kick my door in and take my guns.
I am a hunter and a sport shooter, so the guns I own are hunting rifles.
I do not own any AR rifles or any handguns.
I do not have any issue with a criminal background check, I get them all the time.
My issues are more about the fed forgetting its job and trying to control the people it is supposed to serve.
Guns laws should be controlled at the state level not the federal level some states have different issues than others.
I don't need some out of touch lifer in Washington deciding what I should or should not own. Most of the ban list are banning things that they have no idea what they are for. Yes know as of right now the talks have been shut down temporally.
My biggest issue is all the the false information being spewed out in the primarily liberal media. Get the facts not the left facts or the right facts I want the fact facts.

Location hidden

#5452 May 8, 2013
d_thompson wrote:
<quoted text> Meaningless and futile for a state to stand up and say we got this we don't need anymore supervision from the fed. So your answer is for more Federal government control?
It's not so much an answer as a workable solution.

States are among the most corrupt and ineffectual governmental bodies. They are essentially meaningless in today's economy.

For all practical purposes, El Paso is really a part of New Mexico than Texas. El Pasoans look at Austin the way you look at DC. many more examples abound. The boundaries are absurd and due to historical idiosyncracies only. North Dakota has the same amount of Senators as California and that's one of the main reasons the federal government is phukd up.

Kansas is a falure as a state with its people electing a corrupt scoundrel like Bronback. It is a worldwide joke.

Such things make Dutch and Brazilian hearers of this news shake their heads.
Since most of my previous post were before I registered I will fill you in on a few things I have posted before.
I am not someone who thinks the government is going to kick my door in and take my guns.
I am a hunter and a sport shooter, so the guns I own are hunting rifles.
I do not own any AR rifles or any handguns.
I do not have any issue with a criminal background check, I get them all the time.
My issues are more about the fed forgetting its job and trying to control the people it is supposed to serve.
Guns laws should be controlled at the state level not the federal level some states have different issues than others.
I don't need some out of touch lifer in Washington deciding what I should or should not own. Most of the ban list are banning things that they have no idea what they are for. Yes know as of right now the talks have been shut down temporally.
My biggest issue is all the the false information being spewed out in the primarily liberal media. Get the facts not the left facts or the right facts I want the fact facts.
The fact is we'd all be better off if the states were abolished, and on top of that, if the powers of local governments were greatly curtailed.

The federal government could be so much better if we:

1. Hung a lobbyist from every lamppost in DC, starting with crazy-ass Wayne LaPierre.

2. Went to a parlimentary system.

3. Publicly funded campaigns.

4. Increased the House to about 1000 members and paid them well.

5. Abolished the Senate.

6. Overturned Citizens United.

7. Abolished shady political action committees.

8. Removed the media from corporate control.

and possibly many other reforms.

Impotent political hacks like Brownback and his corrupt political machine making chest thumping bullsht proclaimations only serve to fool the rubes and do no good.

You want to avoid federal agents mucking around with people's lives? Recognize that limiting the power of such in specific ways by federal statute is the way to go.

Fort Scott

#5453 May 8, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not so much an answer as a workable solution.
States are among the most corrupt and ineffectual governmental bodies. They are essentially meaningless in today's economy.
For all practical purposes, El Paso is really a part of New Mexico than Texas. El Pasoans look at Austin the way you look at DC. many more examples abound. The boundaries are absurd and due to historical idiosyncracies only. North Dakota has the same amount of Senators as California and that's one of the main reasons the federal government is phukd up.
Kansas is a falure as a state with its people electing a corrupt scoundrel like Bronback. It is a worldwide joke.
Such things make Dutch and Brazilian hearers of this news shake their heads.
<quoted text>
The fact is we'd all be better off if the states were abolished, and on top of that, if the powers of local governments were greatly curtailed.
The federal government could be so much better if we:
1. Hung a lobbyist from every lamppost in DC, starting with crazy-ass Wayne LaPierre.
2. Went to a parlimentary system.
3. Publicly funded campaigns.
4. Increased the House to about 1000 members and paid them well.
5. Abolished the Senate.
6. Overturned Citizens United.
7. Abolished shady political action committees.
8. Removed the media from corporate control.
and possibly many other reforms.
Impotent political hacks like Brownback and his corrupt political machine making chest thumping bullsht proclaimations only serve to fool the rubes and do no good.
You want to avoid federal agents mucking around with people's lives? Recognize that limiting the power of such in specific ways by federal statute is the way to go.
What?????? Did you forget your meds today? Or are you just plain ass crazy?

Eliminate the Senate but add 1000 more reps?
Abolish state boundaries then how would you determine which area all these new members would be representing? A little counter productive .

I'm lost if you want a Parliamentary government you could just move to England.

And you think I'm crazy because I own a few guns.

“I'm Messiah of Kalachakra”

Since: May 12

Verneuil

#5454 May 9, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, Mr. Obama will never be in the same room as a sleazeball like Roy Moore ever in his life.
The Kangaroo is a paid CIA shill.
He doesn't want the law to rule and Obama to pay for his crimes. Law and Order must rule and Obama's Chicago Crime-Rule must be rolled back. Judge Moore will bust Obama. Goood thing too. Obama's an illegal undocumented alien.
Geir Smith

Lincoln, NE

#5455 May 9, 2013
Geir Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't want the law to rule and Obama to pay for his crimes. Law and Order must rule and Obama's Chicago Crime-Rule must be rolled back. Judge Moore will bust Obama. Goood thing too. Obama's an illegal undocumented alien.
But Ignore me, I am a crazy French surrender monkey that honestly thinks I am god and I have predicted the end of the world three times (but it was called of due to rain).

Read how crazy I am here!

http://geirsmith.wikidot.com/

Me Bless!

Location hidden

#5456 May 9, 2013
d_thompson wrote:
<quoted text> What?????? Did you forget your meds today? Or are you just plain ass crazy?
Actually most political scientists agree with me on these things.
Eliminate the Senate but add 1000 more reps?
Math must have not been your best subject in school, huh? Here's a refresher course: There are 435 members of the House (plus five delegates from the territories) and 100 Senators. That's a total of 535. I suggested 1,000 as a round number for a national unicameral legislature. Considering how most Western democracies have 500-700 or therabouts and their total population is so much less than ours, 1,000 seems pretty reasonable, huh? 2,000 would be better, but for the time being 1,00's good. There's certainly nothing magical about 535.
Abolish state boundaries then how would you determine which area all these new members would be representing?
Same way we do now without all the corruption. The census counts the population, which is divided into the number of districts, and there you go, but without districts shaped like salamanders or archipeligos.
A little counter productive .
You're being thickheaded. Unless, of course, your goal is to maintain corruption.
I'm lost if you want a Parliamentary government you could just move to England.
I'd rather stay here and help make America better, thank you very much.

Unfortunately for you, with the demise of the Apartheid regime in South Africa and Rhodesia, there's not many places where your ilk can move.
And you think I'm crazy because I own a few guns.
No, you're just being an immature bully boy overattached to your toys.

Location hidden

#5457 May 9, 2013
Geir Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
High praise indeed. Did you know I am also a Scottish Rite brother of the 32nd degree and we fund a scholarship program for CIA aspirants?

Location hidden

#5458 May 9, 2013
Geir Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
But Ignore me, I am a crazy French surrender monkey that honestly thinks I am god and I have predicted the end of the world three times (but it was called of due to rain).
Read how crazy I am here!
http://geirsmith.wikidot.com/
Me Bless!
He's been banned so many places Junction City Topix is the only place he has left to go apparently.
Ottawa

Union, NJ

#5459 May 9, 2013
That would be a YES
There is roughly 1 Officer for every 750 residents in my town.. when you talk county wide..lol... you divide them into 3 different shifts.... yeah right... good luck.
Respite

Holton, KS

#5460 May 9, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually most political scientists agree with me on these things.
<quoted text>
Math must have not been your best subject in school, huh? Here's a refresher course: There are 435 members of the House (plus five delegates from the territories) and 100 Senators. That's a total of 535. I suggested 1,000 as a round number for a national unicameral legislature. Considering how most Western democracies have 500-700 or therabouts and their total population is so much less than ours, 1,000 seems pretty reasonable, huh? 2,000 would be better, but for the time being 1,00's good. There's certainly nothing magical about 535.
<quoted text>
Same way we do now without all the corruption. The census counts the population, which is divided into the number of districts, and there you go, but without districts shaped like salamanders or archipeligos.
<quoted text>
You're being thickheaded. Unless, of course, your goal is to maintain corruption.
<quoted text>
I'd rather stay here and help make America better, thank you very much.
Unfortunately for you, with the demise of the Apartheid regime in South Africa and Rhodesia, there's not many places where your ilk can move.
<quoted text>
No, you're just being an immature bully boy overattached to your toys.
You had the nerve to bring up corruption, corruption starts in the White House. When Obuma was placed in there and he started appointing the Chicago crooks, the corruption just goes on from there. You will have some idiot response to this but as I have stated before, "I DON'T CARE" what you think. You obviously have had a government handout all your life and don't want anything to cause it to stop. Go out and work for a living and maybe you could understand what the world is all about.

Fort Scott

#5461 May 9, 2013
@ The Kangaroo, I'm curious if the Senate would have voted to continue gun regulations and Congress was against it would you want to do away with Congress instead of the Senate ?
Jerry

Kansas City, KS

#5462 May 9, 2013
Koo koo probly only likes the 16th amendment.

Location hidden

#5463 May 9, 2013
Ottawa wrote:
That would be a YES
There is roughly 1 Officer for every 750 residents in my town.. when you talk county wide..lol... you divide them into 3 different shifts.... yeah right... good luck.
Yes, normally in his town, there's about 750 home invasion robberies every night.

Oh, wait...

Location hidden

#5464 May 9, 2013
Respite wrote:
<quoted text>
You had the nerve to bring up corruption, corruption starts in the White House. When Obuma was placed in there and he started appointing the Chicago crooks, the corruption just goes on from there. You will have some idiot response to this but as I have stated before, "I DON'T CARE" what you think. You obviously have had a government handout all your life and don't want anything to cause it to stop. Go out and work for a living and maybe you could understand what the world is all about.
dang, this schmuck is more illiterate than jerry

Location hidden

#5465 May 9, 2013
d_thompson wrote:
@ The Kangaroo, I'm curious if the Senate would have voted to continue gun regulations and Congress was against it would you want to do away with Congress instead of the Senate ?
?????

Now why in the Sam Hill would I want to do that?

If you abolish one House of a bicameral legislature to make it unicameral, it really doesn't matter what you call it.

Oh, I see...you think this is about that one measly vote on Manchin-Toomey. I assure you it is not, and the significance you rubes place on that vote is highly misplaced. That was just the opening salvo. We figured it'd be a loss, given the corruption of Congress by crooks like Wayne LaPierre and so forth. already, four who opposed it, kelly Ayotte, Jeff Flake, Mark Pryor, and Mark Begich, are in deep trpouble over that vote. It ain't over by a long shot.

Location hidden

#5466 May 9, 2013
Jerry wrote:
Koo koo probly only likes the 16th amendment.
Listen you whining, sniveling little coward, pretty much every Amendment since the Civil War has been a net positive with the exception of prohibition and the two terms for the President limit.

As for the second, it's pretty good, but it doesn't account for right of paranoid schizophrenics to build arsenals.
wacosaki

Saint Paul, MN

#5467 May 9, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you whining, sniveling little coward, pretty much every Amendment since the Civil War has been a net positive with the exception of prohibition and the two terms for the President limit.
As for the second, it's pretty good, but it doesn't account for right of paranoid schizophrenics to build arsenals.
I think we need to arm ourselves with Vulcan Cannon against the Red Menace!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Point One Janitorial LLC (May '14) Jul 25 Albert 7
skype sex Jul 22 a19squz 2
The Ten Most Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When F... (Jul '07) Jul 18 Dan85 43
John Sherman's Misleading Video Jul 15 Reality 1
Seamstress Needed Jul 14 Kmeoa 1
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Jul 4 clash 177
News Who was Tammy Cochran? (Mar '08) May '16 WHTSD 12

Leawood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance