Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,442 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Bob and George

Junction City, KS

#4942 Jan 21, 2013
lol wrote:
Go ahead, George. You know you want to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XKxN1j3mgRcXX
Racists can't help themselves. It always comes down to some form of justification. You're a racist, George.
Bob, does this mean that you and George won`t be breaking cornbread together at the MLK Day luncheon at the VFW ?
xyz

Leavenworth, KS

#4943 Jan 21, 2013
door king wrote:
We are living in the safest period in our history and the reduction in the rate of firearms deaths is as likely related to the fact that fewer homes have them and better medical care than it is to the proliferation of gun collectors. The latter have a financial stake in an open gun market and care nothing about rights. Fewer and fewer people (rates) own more and more guns. How does that solve anything?
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/ameri...

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

#4944 Jan 21, 2013
xyz wrote:
So what's your point? A black president is good for gun marketing?
lol

Leavenworth, KS

#4945 Jan 21, 2013
this is door kings mentality.

The Americans With No Abilities Act

President Barack Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates for the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."

In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of Persons With No Ability.

Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the inept include retail sales (72 percent), the airline industry (68 percent), and home-improvement warehouse stores (65 percent).
At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees.

The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"

"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.
fail

Junction City, KS

#4946 Jan 21, 2013
lol wrote:
this is door kings mentality.
The Americans With No Abilities Act
President Barack Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates for the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.
"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."
In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of Persons With No Ability.
Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the inept include retail sales (72 percent), the airline industry (68 percent), and home-improvement warehouse stores (65 percent).
At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).
Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.
Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees.
The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.
Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"
"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.
Your attempt at humor failed.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#4947 Jan 21, 2013
lol wrote:
Go ahead, George. You know you want to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XKxN1j3mgRcXX
Racists can't help themselves. It always comes down to some form of justification. You're a racist, George.
I believe white scumbags like you are lower than crack babies and welfare queens. A coward and bully like you, who advocates for racism, calling another a RACIST has zero credibility.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#4948 Jan 21, 2013
xyz wrote:
The Gateway Pundit Jim "Dim" Hofts has well earned the title of Dumbest Man on the Internet

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#4949 Jan 21, 2013
lol wrote:
this is door kings mentality.
The Americans With No Abilities Act
President Barack Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates for the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.
"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."
In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of Persons With No Ability.
Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the inept include retail sales (72 percent), the airline industry (68 percent), and home-improvement warehouse stores (65 percent).
At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).
Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.
Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees.
The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.
Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"
"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.
More spam from the coward of the county. He is conflicted because he knows what a waste of protein he and his dependent adult children are.
some new news

United States

#4950 Jan 21, 2013
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
cite your source

Fort Scott, KS

#4951 Jan 21, 2013
some new news wrote:
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
give us the link please
cite your source

Fort Scott, KS

#4952 Jan 21, 2013
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/21/16...

NBCnews.com is reporting a “horrific” scene in New Mexico where a teenage boy allegedly killed his two parents and three siblings late Saturday night. Police found multiple weapons, including an AR-15 style semiautomatic rifle, near the scene of the shooting, according to the AP. But I don't find anything regarding Lanza NOT having an AR-15 type weapon with him or in his car.
Midnight Roamer

Oskaloosa, KS

#4953 Jan 21, 2013
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
I can outshoot most of you with a pistol or rifle: what I am phobic about is liars, which most of you are.
From what I've seen of your rants, I don't think you could hit the broad side of a barn. You don't know the difference between a "22, 222 or a 223. They are all 22 cal bullets. I doubt you have ever shot any kind of gun, probably don't own one and probably never will. Consider all the firearms there are in the U.S. and number of deaths caused from firearms is very miniscule.
Midnight Roamer

Oskaloosa, KS

#4954 Jan 21, 2013
The One wrote:
"Mark Wahlberg stated,“I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.”
Wahlberg, a repeatedly arrested teenage convicted felon, bad mouthed a champion of gun rights while portraying and glorifying gun slinging characters in films like “Planet of the Apes,”“Shooter,”“Three Kings” and “Max Payne.”
Wahlberg, in the April 26th, 2007 issue of Herald Sun:“I’d like to see if we could take them (guns) all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”
Do as I say not as I do. Meanwhile, Mr. Wahlberg is planning to release a soon-to-be feature entitled,“2 Guns” How appropriate."
As a convicted felon, he shouldn't even be around guns let alone handling them. I heard a man say onetime that it is wiser to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
say what

Fort Scott, KS

#4955 Jan 21, 2013
some new news wrote:
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
NBC is reporting that a father shot his estranged wife to death and then killed himself during his daughter's 16th birthday party, but I don't find whatever it is you're referring to about Lanza.
Door Kings BOSS

Oskaloosa, KS

#4956 Jan 21, 2013
Door King wrote:
Oh this is like shooting kids in a Colorado high school.
Your sick enough to enjoy that.
gunowner

Springdale, AR

#4957 Jan 21, 2013
some new news wrote:
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
the video being referred to is old news. It was found at a web sure called www.crywolf.com at least that is where I found it after doing a Google search. However I also came across a Connecticut state police press release that stated the weapons recovered and where they were located 1) bushmaster ar-15 .223 cal 2) Glock 10mm handgun 3) Sig Sauer P226 9mm handgun were found in the school and a Izhmash Canta 12gauge was found in Lanza 's vehicle.
Now I am against some of the laws being proposed by the gun grabbers but I think we (gun owners) can win thus without any lies or false info. We will leave the lying and falsification stories to the politicians and gun grabbers.
shoot em all

Independence, KS

#4958 Jan 21, 2013

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

#4961 Jan 29, 2013

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

#4962 Jan 30, 2013
lol

Leavenworth, KS

#4963 Jan 30, 2013
Street number an name on the mail box.

Immigrants should be required to learn the English language and this kinda crap wouldn't have happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five Kansas Dairy Queen stores hit by data breach Fri Elise Gingerich 1
Ballots by Mail are Being Mailed! Oct 17 croesel 1
Voting: are we the best? Oct 16 croesel 1
Apply for a Ballot by Mail til Oct 31 Oct 14 Anonymous 1
How to get people to vote Oct 13 Chris Roesel 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Overland Park, KS (Jul '10) Oct 9 casey ruger 103
Job subway inside walmart Oct 6 yup 4
Leawood Dating
Find my Match

Leawood Jobs

Leawood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Leawood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Leawood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]