Ethics Complaints Could Cost Metro Psychiatrist His License

Full story: Fox4KC
A Leawood psychiatrist accused of prescribing medication to patients he has never examined and having inappropriate contact with some of his patients could lose his license after a hearing on Tuesday afternoon. Full Story
Hes a good DR

Prairie Village, KS

#1 Aug 11, 2009
Dr. Geenens is an amazing Dr who is fair and ethical. He is well trained and has helped so many people There are people who would not be where they are today without his outstanding medical knowledge. He is one of the only Psychiatrist around who doesn't just prescribe meds but takes the time to talk to his patients and provide therapy. Kansas would be really making a mistake to lose him to our community. How can we let a personal vendetta ruin this mans life and profession. We have lost all the good mental health Drs when Kansas let the Menninger Foundation move to Houston after 75 years, Now are we going to lose another outstanding provider?
Throw him out

Overland Park, KS

#2 Aug 11, 2009
Witnesses have come out of the woodwork to testify against Dr. Geenens in the disciplinary proceeding that has been brought against him. I'm sure in his many years in practice he has helped people. He has developed a thriving practice during that time, and if he was completely incompetent, that wouldn't happen. However, a number his former patients, who happen to be attractive women, have come forward with allegations of improper conduct, including unwanted and wholly inappropriate romantic and sexual advances. I've read in the media that he's even married to a woman he started a relationship with while she was still a patient. Such conduct is unethical. Would you want your wife or daughter being treated by the guy? We don't need healthcare providers who ignore the rules of their profession. Dr. Geenens deserves what he has coming.
Sick Sick Man

Overland Park, KS

#3 Aug 12, 2009
I made the horrible mistake of falling under Doug Geenens spell as a so called girl friend. He was a liar and a cheat. There were even times he claimed to be suicidal himself.After all the allegations that have been brought against him that are exactly what I had experienced, I can't believe there is even a question on him keeping his license. Furthermore, I can't believe he has the nerve to even show his face in this community. He should be ashamed to even call himself a doctor. His poor parents,family and kids have that to deal with this.
taffy19

United States

#4 Aug 13, 2009
omg this sounds like the same story that happen to my daughter here in wv not going to give his name out just yet but this psychiatrist also helped mothers with there problems he met them thur there childerm he would get them apartments put the childern on medication.oh the things this man did.and got by with it bacause he had a name behind his name.he was so nice and understanding with my daughter she moved in with him and had a baby by him and nothing became of it.he offered money for her to get abortion but she went ahead and had the baby girl.i thought it just here in wv but it seens to be other places also i hope this man gets whats coming to him
Kcgal 19

Northbrook, IL

#5 Aug 14, 2009
This man is very sick and unethical.. you don't have personal relationships with patients.. bottom line... he needs his license revoked

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leawood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I make captions on your wife's nudes 13 hr captionmakergurl 1
Davis Christmas video Dec 25 Don 2
Treasonous legislation by Kansas legislature? Dec 22 Chris Roesel 3
Battle of Bulge vet still shivers at the memory Dec 21 IvoryLovesEbony 1
Tutera Group head Joe Tutera subject of lawsuit... (Mar '14) Dec 20 Cat 4
Local recent break-ins Dec 16 Notsohappt 1
phone number Dec 4 bigboobs 1
Leawood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Leawood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Leawood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Leawood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:02 pm PST

ESPN 5:02PM
Seahawks rout Rams, seal NFC's No. 1 seed
Bleacher Report 5:05 PM
Did the Chargers Choke Away Playoff Berth in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
Bleacher Report 7:28 PM
Seahawks Clinch NFC's No. 1 Seed