League City police shoot, kill suspect in SWAT standoff

Jun 30, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KHOU-TV Houston

A police sniper shot and killed a man who barricaded himself inside his League City apartment Monday afternoon.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Aggiet

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

This was a senseless killing of an individual. I was there and 10 rounds of gas were shot into his apartment. Not less than a minute later, the man was shot by a sniper.
shine_3220

Kemah, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

This gentleman was shooting randomly. Its not as though this was some defensless guy the police barged in on. I was there too, and I'm thankful that the police did their job before anyone else got hurt.
Aggiet wrote:
This was a senseless killing of an individual. I was there and 10 rounds of gas were shot into his apartment. Not less than a minute later, the man was shot by a sniper.

Since: Jun 08

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Does anyone know where this was?
Sadden

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

Nina29 wrote:
Does anyone know where this was?
Took place at my dear friends apartment Sorrento at Tuscan Lakes. This man wouldn't hurt a fly. He had the best heart ever after undergoing massive brain surgery several years ago for Parkinsons. I'm extremly sad to hear that police knowing his medical condition could not of handled this better. Family surrounding the situation must know that something else has had to trigger this unknown behavoir of this great man, who has even survived cancer. He was a great friend, co-worker and inspiration to our family.
BBC433

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2008

Judged:

This Gentleman was reaching for help. There were several family members on location before the police arrived, 3 of which he had called on their phones pleading for help (talking randomly as a result of a chemical imbalance that had to be a result of his many medications reacting together to create a sense of confusion that was beyond his direct control). This man had many medical conditions which he normally controlled quite well, and this is the one and only time that anyone knows of where the medications caused a reaction that distorted his mental state and judgment. The police were informed of this when they arrived on the scene, and they were very negligent,(and technically guilty of murder) for using deadly force when it was not necessary. There were many alternative methods they could have deployed to gain control of the situation without storming into the mans house and killing him. They could have let his daughter,(who was on the scene and pleading to the police "please let me talk to my daddy, don't hurt him, he is not violent, I can talk to him, his medications are causing this"),call him on the phone or PA and maybe snap him back into reality. Instead, the police (LCPD),(who are obviously inadequately trained to properly deal with real life situations in a professional manner), decided to fire tear gas into the apartment, and instead of giving the gas time to effectively react and subdue the man, they immediately forced their way into the apartment and shot him to death. They could have used high voltage projectiles instead of hollow points !! All the man was guilty of at that point was discharging a firearm in the city limits. This is not a crime punishable by death !!
I am a gun owner/collector and avid shooter myself, and I have seen many men that have committed violent and perverted crimes who deserve to be shot .... but this man was not one of those, he was a very good man who's life was ended senselessly and prematurely due to very poor judgment by the LCPD.
shine_3220 wrote:
This gentleman was shooting randomly. Its not as though this was some defensless guy the police barged in on. I was there too, and I'm thankful that the police did their job before anyone else got hurt.
<quoted text>
Deer Park Home Boy

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

The police were doing their jobs ! Protecting the public ! He was a nut !
public

La Marque, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Judged:

you folks they say you were there you were not the ones that saw what was really going on when a man threatens to kill an officer or anyone that trys to come in the door is not some gentle person, oh that brings me to if he was gentle then why was he shooting out the window that is more than discharging a firearm in the city limits can we say that all bullets must stop some where and when shooting randomly through walls, out of a WINDOW in a complex and that you say if harmless. he had numerous chances to comply with the officers but refused, I don't know about you but if my family member did something like that you do what you have to do lets see one life or the possibility of several let me think on that I will agree take one not many. I just lpove how those that say they they were tere and are slaming the PD make sure you know what the true story is as opposed to passing judgement who don't have the whole truth.
KRS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

if you think you can do a better job go apply and become a LC police officer!
irrational

Friendswood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

Our SWAT team feared a 63 old man with a pistol locked in an apartment enough to snipe him. Are you kidding me?!? Did they not have enough tact between the 10 or so of them to find a resolution not resulting in death.
Seabrook Dude

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

Thank goodness someone on here hs some sense. I too believe that the police should go to a scene and allow someone to threaten to kill them and allow him to randomly fire rounds out a window putting the general population in harms way. Poor, poor guy. Why would they shoot him? Why didn't they let him just keep shooting until he killed a few! You are an idiot!! Thank God for the police department and the quick action they took to prevent the death of an officer or innocent bystanders! I do agree however that he had problems but everyone who does actions like he did does. Let's be grateful that they handled the threat as quickly as they did. If other agencies acted as quickly as they did, maybe we would not have as many mad men killing multiple victims. GREAT WORK SWAT!!!
irrational wrote:
Our SWAT team feared a 63 old man with a pistol locked in an apartment enough to snipe him. Are you kidding me?!? Did they not have enough tact between the 10 or so of them to find a resolution not resulting in death.
Seabrook Dude

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

Your post name "irrational" certainly reflects your opinions. His actions are the only reason that the resolution resulted in his death.
irrational wrote:
Seabrook Dude

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

Next time they have a Columbine type incident or a shooter like the Austin Tower, why don't you take your bleeding heart there and go in and try to talk to the poor deranged individual that is crying out for help.
BBC433 wrote:
This Gentleman was reaching for help. There were several family members on location before the police arrived, 3 of which he had called on their phones pleading for help (talking randomly as a result of a chemical imbalance that had to be a result of his many medications reacting together to create a sense of confusion that was beyond his direct control). This man had many medical conditions which he normally controlled quite well, and this is the one and only time that anyone knows of where the medications caused a reaction that distorted his mental state and judgment. The police were informed of this when they arrived on the scene, and they were very negligent,(and technically guilty of murder) for using deadly force when it was not necessary. There were many alternative methods they could have deployed to gain control of the situation without storming into the mans house and killing him. They could have let his daughter,(who was on the scene and pleading to the police "please let me talk to my daddy, don't hurt him, he is not violent, I can talk to him, his medications are causing this"),call him on the phone or PA and maybe snap him back into reality. Instead, the police (LCPD),(who are obviously inadequately trained to properly deal with real life situations in a professional manner), decided to fire tear gas into the apartment, and instead of giving the gas time to effectively react and subdue the man, they immediately forced their way into the apartment and shot him to death. They could have used high voltage projectiles instead of hollow points !! All the man was guilty of at that point was discharging a firearm in the city limits. This is not a crime punishable by death !!
I am a gun owner/collector and avid shooter myself, and I have seen many men that have committed violent and perverted crimes who deserve to be shot .... but this man was not one of those, he was a very good man who's life was ended senselessly and prematurely due to very poor judgment by the LCPD.
<quoted text>
Fish

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

wow. Im just now finding out about this. man i have been away alot longer than i thought.
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

I wonder if you guys could be this cold hearted if it were you father or grandfather. Yes i am sure the family is glad that no one else was hurt. Bet you all have little fishys on the back of your cars.
Anon

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

I'm being harassed right now by the League City Police Department! Apparently I wasn't properly respectful when six of them attacked my home with shotguns and body armor. An understandable amount of force since they were looking for my 41 year old mother of two wife. She's mega dangerous. It wasn't even a violent crime warrant. Her ex boss accused her of stealing. BS; he is just mad because she rebuffed his advances and eventually quit over it. Even though my wife wasn't home and I told them that, her employer who was sitting in his truck outside our home, with the police, told them she was. So they forced me and my 18 year old son out of our house and down on our knees, in our own front yard, handcuffed us and put us in a squad car. With no air condition in the 102 degree Texas heat for a half hour. They searched our home but I bet you have guessed that she wasn't home. They were so mad about that that 2 days later they filed charges on me! For Harboring a Fugitive! How could I be harboring her when they searched the house and she wasn't thee?!!! The answer is they don't care; they are filing a bogus charge on me just to get me behind bars because in spite of a ridiculous of fire-power they FAILED to apprehend a 41 year old mother of two housewife! They are so embarrassed and upset that they didn't get to cuff anybody that they are betraying the trust we, the public, put in them and filing charges they know to be groundless. Oh, they'll drop the charges but not before I spend a lot of time in jail for a crime I couldn't have committed. If I'm lucky this will satisfy their sensitive fascist egos and they won't frame me for striking an officer or something like that. My dad was a Pasadena Police Officer for 25 years and he shamefully admitted that they did this to innocent men, that hadn't been properly respectful, many many times. Retired he regrets ever having been an officer. I fully expect to be framed, for assault probably, even though I swear to God and on the lives of my children I will not strike an officer of the law. Still, my word against however many police officers are there when they beat and frame me.
Aggiet wrote:
Seabrook Dude

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

I have just one thing to say, thats all B.S.!The lady is a felon and it was a felony warrant. They had information she was there.She is your wife and even if she was no there hen thy arrifed you had been harboring her. GO TO JAIL and TELL YOUR WIFE NOT TO STEAL.
Anon wrote:
I'm being harassed right now by the League City Police Department! Apparently I wasn't properly respectful when six of them attacked my home with shotguns and body armor. An understandable amount of force since they were looking for my 41 year old mother of two wife. She's mega dangerous. It wasn't even a violent crime warrant. Her ex boss accused her of stealing. BS; he is just mad because she rebuffed his advances and eventually quit over it. Even though my wife wasn't home and I told them that, her employer who was sitting in his truck outside our home, with the police, told them she was. So they forced me and my 18 year old son out of our house and down on our knees, in our own front yard, handcuffed us and put us in a squad car. With no air condition in the 102 degree Texas heat for a half hour. They searched our home but I bet you have guessed that she wasn't home. They were so mad about that that 2 days later they filed charges on me! For Harboring a Fugitive! How could I be harboring her when they searched the house and she wasn't thee?!!! The answer is they don't care; they are filing a bogus charge on me just to get me behind bars because in spite of a ridiculous of fire-power they FAILED to apprehend a 41 year old mother of two housewife! They are so embarrassed and upset that they didn't get to cuff anybody that they are betraying the trust we, the public, put in them and filing charges they know to be groundless. Oh, they'll drop the charges but not before I spend a lot of time in jail for a crime I couldn't have committed. If I'm lucky this will satisfy their sensitive fascist egos and they won't frame me for striking an officer or something like that. My dad was a Pasadena Police Officer for 25 years and he shamefully admitted that they did this to innocent men, that hadn't been properly respectful, many many times. Retired he regrets ever having been an officer. I fully expect to be framed, for assault probably, even though I swear to God and on the lives of my children I will not strike an officer of the law. Still, my word against however many police officers are there when they beat and frame me. <quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent League City Discussions

Search the League City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 1 hr ThinkThinkThink 684
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 1 hr robert 593
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Black tail doe 16,066
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 19 hr Deer Sausage 20,408
Review: Quickset Locks Rekey Tue The BEST 3
Review: League City Locksmith Service (May '13) Tue Great Locks 17
Review: Locksmith Dickinson, TX Tue great price 4
•••
•••

League City News Video

•••
League City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

League City Jobs