Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
18,281 - 18,300 of 22,294 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20224 Sep 4, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Tex has illuminated the ease by which he is manipulated by a distant terrorist voice. A voice that stimulates Tex’s reptilian emotional knee jerking center of his intelligence. Terrorist yells it is Islam that I support. I dare you to attack. Try here and there for I move very quickly. Come, do my bidding and bolster your hatred for this, them, that, etc. etc. and people like Tex here, are so willing to obey their new masters. These are the followers of republican leadership ! Emulating what is the very core of the dysfunctional ethics and intelligence of their so called leadership.
You must have spent hours coming up with this crap. The Democrats are asking permission to go to war.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20225 Sep 4, 2013
Barney is an idiot, filled to overflowing with hot air and bs. I seldom read his postings, this time he was even dumber than usual. Yes OBAMA is the one wanting to stick his nose into someone elses business. As I stated stay the hell out of Syria and let THEM KILL EACH OTHER.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20226 Sep 4, 2013
Dang Tex you guys of narrow minds fail to go beyond your small box. You do not read my comments and therefore you reply with ignorance. I’m not going to give merit to such small minds that are so easily manipulated by the masters of terrorist.
Many here have a short site of vision which is obscuring what lays ahead, if this chemical attack goes without reprimand.
Allowing Syria to ignore their obligations to humanity by using, prohibited lethal chemical weaponry, without reprimand, will send a negative message. Perforation of chemical aggression would be entertained by less than scrupulous organizations will arise and increase. A limited demonstration to suppress the use of chemical weapons is required.
Obama has demonstrated his ethical responsibilities in answering to conflicting issues of violence by corrupted organizations. Some accuse Obama of some tyrannical conspiracy and yet the facts do not support their accusations.
Yes I see a pattern; Is it conspiracy?
Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics.{Mathematical algorithms} No invasion of Pakistan with hundreds of $Billions for the military industrialist.
Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months.
Obtains a water downed Health Care system for our nation in spite of the most dysfunctional congress in our nations history.
Returned economic stability in record time, from the brink of the abysses of a Great Depression. Faster economic recovery, than Clinton, Reagan and F.D.R.
Seeking to expand our ruined higher education of which we are no longer the “best in the world”.
I have a dream that some day our nation will discover the benefits of Universal Education. Some Western Industrious Nations have, for years, proven its necessity and its benefits generating returns to their industrious nation for increase progress.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20227 Sep 4, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Dang Tex you guys of narrow minds fail to go beyond your small box. You do not read my comments and therefore you reply with ignorance. I’m not going to give merit to such small minds that are so easily manipulated by the masters of terrorist.
Many here have a short site of vision which is obscuring what lays ahead, if this chemical attack goes without reprimand.
Allowing Syria to ignore their obligations to humanity by using, prohibited lethal chemical weaponry, without reprimand, will send a negative message. Perforation of chemical aggression would be entertained by less than scrupulous organizations will arise and increase. A limited demonstration to suppress the use of chemical weapons is required.
Obama has demonstrated his ethical responsibilities in answering to conflicting issues of violence by corrupted organizations. Some accuse Obama of some tyrannical conspiracy and yet the facts do not support their accusations.
Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics.{Mathematical algorithms} No invasion of Pakistan with hundreds of $Billions for the military industrialist.
Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months.
Obtains a water downed Health Care system for our nation in spite of the most dysfunctional congress in our nations history.
Returned economic stability in record time, from the brink of the abysses of a Great Depression. Faster economic recovery, than Clinton, Reagan and F.D.R.
Seeking to expand our ruined higher education of which we are no longer the “best in the world”.
I have a dream that some day our nation will discover the benefits of Universal Education. Some Western Industrious Nations have, for years, proven its necessity and its benefits generating returns to their industrious nation for increase progress.
No come back and I see you are still in Shangri-La. You live in the Kumbayah world of "universal" everything. Newsflash, it never works.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20228 Sep 4, 2013
Let me see if I've got this right Barney. You want Syria attacked right, yes, no, maybe? Like I stated leave them to their own devices. If they use a chemical weapon outside their own borders; OK do something about it. If not leave them alone, stay out of their business, they are an independant country with their own government. Are we going to allow a foriegn government tell us what to do or enterfere with how we operate our nation? I hope not.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20229 Sep 4, 2013
Texan wrote:
Let me see if I've got this right Barney. You want Syria attacked right, yes, no, maybe? Like I stated leave them to their own devices. If they use a chemical weapon outside their own borders; OK do something about it. If not leave them alone, stay out of their business, they are an independant country with their own government. Are we going to allow a foriegn government tell us what to do or enterfere with how we operate our nation? I hope not.
It will be a mess and the rest of the world friend and for will see the US as indecisive as ever.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20230 Sep 4, 2013
"foe"
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#20231 Sep 4, 2013
Minimizing disaster is the way to go, that Obama is creating a crisis as being destructive and damaging in looking into matters and situations handling.
Obama is the wrong way and his views are not the way to go. OBAMA TELLS THAT HE IS THE DISASTER FIGURE.
Obama is the stereotype by keeping saying of chemical weapons (that is not the blueprint so rigid and fixed that any one has to do whatever based on calling chemical weapons--the proof to the convincing evidence would be another Bush case of saying satellite maps showed chemical weapons, and medical evidences cannot prove what chemicals, or ill health or anything of convincing evidence, from what and from who did that, but analysis of the whole Syria is the concern only, because US can never find out the weapons--one must prove the evidence of possessing of weapons and usage, not simply saying few people dying of being poisoned by chemicals--dying FROM chemical poisoning is not evidence nor proof where from, and of and from who) to make crisis and disaster.
But the stand is to deny Obama because using chemical weapons calling is the obstruction of looking into Syria--is Obama saying there is HINI disease that hundreds of millions of all people in cities need to be locked up to check if they are the transmission of HINI?
It is not possible based on the situations and all factors in Syria, to have convincing evidence and proof under all circumstances as positions for facts.

The standpoint of rating and assessment would be the appraisal and the value doctrine besides being right or wrong (it may not be and can be dealing with the number of people dying.)

A lot of people die around the world and inside US, have to do with US from US getting in situations, or doing atrocities.

When so many innocent children and families are killed by US drones lately on earth already, why no one says about Obama?
When more than 800 drones fly across US snooping, and might drone them if they are viewed as bad and wrong people, why don't you say about Obama?
Many Innocents are put in prison and beaten and tortured and some were executed, why don't say about it?
If you talk about people killed, there are many cases US kills too many people for no reason (inside US too) already, why not say about it?

There are millions dying in Africa Congo tribal warfares, why does US not strike there?

When Iraq with Saddam was having no internal fighting, why did US invade and kill hundreds of thousands of people already, why no people would be aware and say about Obama to Syria because it was the same thing on chemical weapons issue that got to this Iraq today then?

Evaluation is To stop using force no matter what, on chemical weapons subject OR not---that US cannot strike Syria even chemical weapon were used, because bombs are very dangerous that will kill innocents, and is too large scale of war that will become no end of too many people being massacred, and will generate another alike Iraq case and situation for unlimited time.

US systematically wants to do regime change and overthrow governments, why can't that be inside US, that people feel suppression under oppression of no free thinking?

Why rebels have no consideration of people of Syria to have people kill then, to orchestrate to invite US in ? If they are upset, they can live somewhere else,instead of letting awful US in.
That is how people choose positions to fight in Syria--Most women IN Syria after seeing all that fighting, organize as forces not to join rebels, but as forces to fight US strike and invasion and rebels.

_____If you want to talk about the number of people dying, then look at that (more than 250,000 people died, MOSTLY KILLED BY BOMBS)--when Iraq with Saddam was having no internal fighting, why did US invade and kill hundreds of thousands of people (more than 250,000 people died) already, THIS IS THAT MATTERS.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20232 Sep 4, 2013
JBH you need to improve your communication skills, you are aparently somewhat confused. I think I know what you are attempting to say BUT I am not sure.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20233 Sep 4, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Look numnutz, the U.S. doesn't need to do anything but mind it's own business and heal it's own economy.

You really are uninformed or just hope the rest of us are. Russia has a 20 billion dollar interest in Syria. Why do you think that they are opposed to U.S intervention?.

The Syrian rebels that your MESSiah wants to protect so bad are the same people that would love a chance to do another 9/11 on us.

Every other country doesn't want any part of this, but your King wants to go it alone. Bush wasn't the only one who cares about empire building. Obama has big plans for Syria and us working people are expected to foot the bill.

BTW: Osama was NOT captured. He was killed and probably for good reason. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20234 Sep 4, 2013
Texan wrote:
You know Barney you really are a dumbass. For starters I did not call for an attack on Syria your Obama is the one wanting that. I said let them kill each other to their hearts content. I do not want to enterfere in their blood letting, I said we should stay out and let them continue to butcher one another in any manner they wish. If it doesn't bother them to use chemical weapons on their own women and children, why should it bother me? OBAMA IS THE ONE ASKING CONGRESS PERMISSION TO ATTACK SYRIA, NOT I. Those idiots have been killing each other in the name of Allah since time out of mind, they aren't going to stop, so get out of the way and let them do it. I DO NOT CARE! OBAMA LEAVE THEM ALONE STAY OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS. Does that make it a little clearer for you Barney I do not want anyone to interfere in their civil war, LET THEM KILL EACH OTHER IT IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!
Blarney is just demonstrating what leftard loons do best, Twist and spin. 90 percent of Americans polled don't support military action against Syria, but Obomber and his little supporters like Blarney
do.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#20235 Sep 4, 2013
JBH wrote:
Minimizing disaster is the way to go, that Obama is creating a crisis as being destructive and damaging in looking into matters and situations handling.
Obama is the wrong way and his views are not the way to go. OBAMA TELLS THAT HE IS THE DISASTER FIGURE.
Obama is the stereotype by keeping saying of chemical weapons (that is not the blueprint so rigid and fixed that any one has to do whatever based on calling chemical weapons--the proof to the convincing evidence would be another Bush case of saying satellite maps showed chemical weapons, and medical evidences cannot prove what chemicals, or ill health or anything of convincing evidence, from what and from who did that, but analysis of the whole Syria is the concern only, because US can never find out the weapons--one must prove the evidence of possessing of weapons and usage, not simply saying few people dying of being poisoned by chemicals--dying FROM chemical poisoning is not evidence nor proof where from, and of and from who) to make crisis and disaster.
But the stand is to deny Obama because using chemical weapons calling is the obstruction of looking into Syria--is Obama saying there is HINI disease that hundreds of millions of all people in cities need to be locked up to check if they are the transmission of HINI?
It is not possible based on the situations and all factors in Syria, to have convincing evidence and proof under all circumstances as positions for facts.
Drones were flying pre-9/11 and mostly after 9/11. THese weren't created by President Obama.

People like you don't care about people in Africa or anything so please don't go there. People involved in those conflicts are also not using chemical or biological weapons. Those represent an escalation of violence and you know it, above and beyond DRONES or other kinds of warfare.

The President doesn't really want to get involved, either. And I know I don't. But NO I don't want anyone to think they can go as far as to use CHEMICAL, NUCLEAR OR BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS either.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20236 Sep 4, 2013
On Tuesday, Sen. Ted Cruz distilled the current debate over possible military action in Syria to its essential dilemma. While Syrian President Bashar Assad is certainly a ruthless dictator, the forces aligned against him are dominated by jihadis and elements of terrorist organizations. Cruz noted that Americans didn't enlist in the military to "serve as Al-Qaeda's Air Force."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/09/04...

Location hidden

#20237 Sep 4, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look numnutz, the U.S. doesn't need to do anything but mind it's own business and heal it's own economy.
You really are uninformed or just hope the rest of us are. Russia has a 20 billion dollar interest in Syria. Why do you think that they are opposed to U.S intervention?.
The Syrian rebels that your MESSiah wants to protect so bad are the same people that would love a chance to do another 9/11 on us.
Every other country doesn't want any part of this, but your King wants to go it alone. Bush wasn't the only one who cares about empire building. Obama has big plans for Syria and us working people are expected to foot the bill.
BTW: Osama was NOT captured. He was killed and probably for good reason. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
No one thinks of the President as the Messiah. No one thought of President Kennedy or President Clinton that way, either.

YOUR PARTY wanted us in Syria and Libya and complained about it loudly. I remember this distinctly, wondering what interests our nation had there.

NO ONE wants to be involved with Syria, but chemical weapons are a much worse prospect to think of....

Yes, the rebels don't want us there. They said something to the effect of wanting our help but not wanting the United States involved. This is something to consider.

But it has nothing to do with party politics.

The President has every right to make his case. After all, President Bush made one for Iraq and each President to come will have his or her say, too.

Location hidden

#20238 Sep 4, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blarney is just demonstrating what leftard loons do best, Twist and spin. 90 percent of Americans polled don't support military action against Syria, but Obomber and his little supporters like Blarney
do.
People like you claim to be superior to people like me, yet you are unable to make one argument without the use of idiotic terms like "tard", "loon", etc.

I managed to get a command of the English language and a general respect and tolerance for people. When will you "superior" people get it?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20239 Sep 4, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
Drones were flying pre-9/11 and mostly after 9/11. THese weren't created by President Obama.
People like you don't care about people in Africa or anything so please don't go there. People involved in those conflicts are also not using chemical or biological weapons. Those represent an escalation of violence and you know it, above and beyond DRONES or other kinds of warfare.
The President doesn't really want to get involved, either. And I know I don't. But NO I don't want anyone to think they can go as far as to use CHEMICAL, NUCLEAR OR BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS either.
"The President doesn't really want to get involved, either."

Well that is real easy, DON'T.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20240 Sep 4, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
No one thinks of the President as the Messiah. No one thought of President Kennedy or President Clinton that way, either.
YOUR PARTY wanted us in Syria and Libya and complained about it loudly. I remember this distinctly, wondering what interests our nation had there.
NO ONE wants to be involved with Syria, but chemical weapons are a much worse prospect to think of....
Yes, the rebels don't want us there. They said something to the effect of wanting our help but not wanting the United States involved. This is something to consider.
But it has nothing to do with party politics.
The President has every right to make his case. After all, President Bush made one for Iraq and each President to come will have his or her say, too.
My party?. FYI, I don't belong to either party. Iraq was a stupid idea and so is this. Let the fools in Syria kill each other. They all hate us anyway, so good riddance.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20241 Sep 4, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you claim to be superior to people like me, yet you are unable to make one argument without the use of idiotic terms like "tard", "loon", etc.
I managed to get a command of the English language and a general respect and tolerance for people. When will you "superior" people get it?
Blarney is a pseudo-intellectual who spreads almost as much misinformation and disinformation as the U.S. media, so I will call the fool as many "idiotic" terms as I feel like.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20242 Sep 4, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
"People like you claim to be superior to people like me, yet you are unable to make one argument without the use of idiotic terms like "tard", "loon", etc."

Oh well, if the shoe fits, wear it. I get tired of people who can't handle facts over feelings.

Location hidden

#20243 Sep 4, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"People like you claim to be superior to people like me, yet you are unable to make one argument without the use of idiotic terms like "tard", "loon", etc."
Oh well, if the shoe fits, wear it. I get tired of people who can't handle facts over feelings.
Courtesy and feelings are two different things, which people like you can't understand.

THe matter is civilization. It's why music my ancestors made as slaves was much more intelligent than some of my peers, who are supposedly free.

Civilization is in words and has CIVIL as its root.

We discuss things in a civil way. We deal with one another civilly, rather than have shoot outs like the Wild West. We make transitions in government peacefully, as opposed to secession and coups that you see in other lands.

It isn't about my petty personal feelings but rather the need to speak about governmental matters in a clear way.

Political discussions today remind me of my first weeks on campus at college. I couldn't believe that Palestinians and Israelis and Turks and Armenians were shouting at each other on campus, yelling. Ethiopians and Eritreans, too.

Are we all civilized or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 16 min Wow Wee 767
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 56 min Defiant1 17,879
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 15 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 16 hr That Fart Guy 722
Main 101 Grill and Bar always on the Edge even ... 17 hr Hungyguy 3
What was on fire this afternoon 19 hr Kitty 1
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Fri luv my Cervelle 59
•••

League City News Video

•••
League City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

League City Jobs

•••