Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 913)

Showing posts 18,241 - 18,260 of20,999
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20170
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Swiss Banking Act of 1934," "Bank Secrecy Act of 1970" " USA PATRIOT Act" "International Money Laundering Abatement and Financial Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001" introduced by "Rep. Frank James Sensenbrenner, Jr. Wisconsin, 2001-10-23 and guess what....."Born June 14, 1943 (age 70)
Chicago, Illinois
Political party Republican" just like a Democrat taking credit for the ground work that Republicans have done. Take another sip of wine, have some cheese.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20171
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ops, that's the Democrat way! Happy "Labor" Day! Not the Democrat way, not to labor that is.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20173
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

test

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20174
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dang wrote:
Ops, that's the Democrat way! Happy "Labor" Day! Not the Democrat way, not to labor that is.
Glad you republitards are finally accepting blame for the un Patriot act

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20175
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you republitards are finally accepting blame for the un Patriot act
Honey, if you want to be treated as an adult, ask question without the grade school name calling. If you have the ability. This is your post number 86 on ""Explaining Socialism to Republicans". Sir, people who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. This is a typical Liberal view. You Liberals think people should do as you say, not do as you do. Why are your post so full of hate and name calling?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20176
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TheChupacabra wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, if you want to be treated as an adult, ask question without the grade school name calling. If you have the ability. This is your post number 86 on ""Explaining Socialism to Republicans". Sir, people who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. This is a typical Liberal view. You Liberals think people should do as you say, not do as you do. Why are your post so full of hate and name calling?
Boy, take your own advice before you cast stones on another. Good attempt at changing the subject however.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20177
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you republitards are finally accepting blame for the un Patriot act
Well girl, so glad you showed up! I thought you might be out enjoying "Labor" Day...oh that's right, your one of the ones who need "Labor" explained. Good luck with that $15.00 an hour hamburger, BTW. Maybe you should buy a franchise.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20178
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, take your own advice before you cast stones on another. Good attempt at changing the subject however.
So, Do you think Liberal is a bad name because that is the only thing I have called you. I do see where being called a Liberal would offend most people, just not you. Be proud of who you are even if it is not a good thing.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20179
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, take your own advice before you cast stones on another. Good attempt at changing the subject however.
WHO is using the Patriot Act????? ActuaIIy, girl, you need to check again. "In recent months, Barack Obama has forcefully defended the use of the Patriot Act to gather the phone records of every American. But before he was elected president, he had a very different perspective on the issue.

In December 2005, Congress was debating the first re-authorization of the Patriot Act, a controversial 2001 law that gave the federal government expanded power to spy on Americans. And Barack Obama was one of nine senators who signed a letter criticizing the then-current version of the legislation for providing insufficient protections for civil liberties." You Democrats, you girls need to make up your minds.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20180
Aug 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you republitards are finally accepting blame for the un Patriot act
One more for ya girlie, "DNI Clapper Directs Annual Release of Information Related to Orders Issued Under National Security Authorities

August 29, 2013

In June, President Obama directed the Intelligence Community (IC) to declassify and make public as much information as possible about certain sensitive U.S. Government surveillance programs while being mindful of the need to protect sensitive classified intelligence and national security.

Consistent with this directive and in the interest of increased transparency, the DNI has determined, with the concurrence of the IC, that going forward the IC will publicly release, on an annual basis, aggregate information concerning compulsory legal process under certain national security authorities.

Specifically, for each of the following categories of national security authorities, the IC will release the total number of orders issued during the prior twelve-month period, and the number of targets affected by these orders:

FISA orders based on probable cause ( Titles I and III of FISA, and sections 703 and 704).
Section 702 of FISA
FISA Business Records (Title V of FISA).
FISA Pen Register/Trap and Trace ( Title IV of FISA)
National Security Letters issued pursuant to 12 U.S.C.§ 3414(a)(5), 15 U.S.C.§§ 1681u(a) and (b), 15 U.S.C.§ 1681v, and 18 U.S.C.§ 2709.

Our ability to discuss these activities is limited by our need to protect intelligence sources and methods.

FISA and national security letters are an important part of our effort to keep the nation and its citizens safe, and disclosing more detailed information about how they are used and to whom they are directed can obviously help our enemies avoid detection.

These reports, like other unclassified information related to foreign intelligence surveillance activities, will be available on our Community website established at the direction of the President. The new www.icontherecord.tumblr.com is designed to provide immediate, ongoing and direct access to factual information related to the lawful foreign surveillance activities carried out by the U.S. Intelligence Community.

James R. Clapper
Director of National Intelligence" You nosy girls you.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20181
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bernard Forand wrote:
Dear JBH; Not sure what you are saying on your opening statements. I presume your implying that when someone advertises the chemical angle, as being a measure by which the USA will take action. That it is throwing out an avenue for various forces to exploit. Whether they be the actual combatants or an exterior group.
Interesting as that was used to define 911. A terrorist attacks and advertises it is Islamic in origin. USA then vent their anger against those of that faith on the word of a terrorist! Giving the terrorist control to say attack here, there or anywhere the terrorist should suggest. Iraq?
Chemical weapons have signatures has to their origins. Matter of inventory analyst of the components to determine its origin. Suspicion can be cast about through a variety of conspiracy stories. However the origin will be held responsible for their contribution of creating it.
Comparing various forms of death scenarios is not relevant as each is an issue of its own merits.
People being killed by chemical weapons is a lesson that was experienced at its height during WW I in the trenches. Its disastrous outcome persuaded the nations to criminalize its use in war or in any other scenario.
Presently we have increased our Chemical abilities as well as expanding into Bio- chemical and now Bio- DNA for a more precise termination sequence. All of these require serious oversight. Those that disregard the global agreement in any form will be suppressed in their endeavors.
The “FUSS” is the empathy of humanity.
I speculate most everyone here agrees that these toxic chemicals we are exposed to on a daily bases is an important issue. LOL how long has the fight been going on the alcohol issue alone. How will we solve each and every one of these will in time come to past. Technology in Biogenetics is increasing and we may very well find the solution to most of these plagues of toxicity.
Identifying chemical weapons is the first step in eradicating their existence. Whether or not the USA peruses it or seeks to level the combatant forces to be more aligned to a desired out come is yet to be seen.
USA legality in this scenario can be contested. Weighing the economic factors against the empathy factors. All we have at present is a strong warning to the combatants, of possible punitive measures maybe forth coming.“Sword Rattling”
Obama has demonstrated his awareness of the negative effects of imperialism.
1] Osama Capture surgical. 2} Libya precise and short. No lost of American lives in the line of fire. 3} Invades Iran with computer virus not stomping boots. A few obvious examples.
Chemicals can be proven. Air strikes no matter how precise will have collateral damage. This will be factor when they weigh in the positive benefits versus the negative cost factors. Innocents are the true martyrs of all wars and will remain so until we find a solution to the toxicity of war.
To say this one nation is responsible for the carnage in this world is nonsense. They are caught up in violence for existence as are all other sovereignties. Political or religious. World is not trashed merely recycles the atoms. What is trash is of all of our making that is poisonous to our survival on this lone space ship earth.
The real “FUSS” is not the empathy of humanity. It's all about King Barry using taxpayers funds and families to protect his Muslim cronies.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20182
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There is absolutely no truth to it, as those wrongs as if be wrongful Obama about Obama's Syria gambit-gamble.

Who cares about sarin GAS THAT HAS NOT KILLED ANY MORE people THAN THEY SAY?
But they have no proof and solid apparent evidences and facts as who used sarin gas, which killed few people,nor can they prove the small real number,as that might even be a falsification.

Facts are such that as what (like the toxic chemicals) kill more people is what that matters and counts, if they want to talk about chemical weapons.
There are lots of more toxic chemicals laying in many factories and a lot of places in US, as weapons that have killed a lot of more people than sarin gas in Syria so far.

The wrongfulness of unethical falsifying, trying to get into ME as evil, wrongful and degrading way is the worse evil creed as despicable filth, to make tensions and cause a lot of destruction and damages, for that has no place in these new times.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20183
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TheChupacabra wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, if you want to be treated as an adult, ask question without the grade school name calling. If you have the ability. This is your post number 86 on ""Explaining Socialism to Republicans". Sir, people who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. This is a typical Liberal view. You Liberals think people should do as you say, not do as you do. Why are your post so full of hate and name calling?
Actardly is nothing more than a belligerent left wing/Democrat keyboard bully with a Neanderthal mentality. His ilk gives a bad name to any misguided but decent liberal out there.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20185
Sep 1, 2013
 
Dang wrote:
"Swiss Banking Act of 1934," "Bank Secrecy Act of 1970" " USA PATRIOT Act" "International Money Laundering Abatement and Financial Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001" introduced by "Rep. Frank James Sensenbrenner, Jr. Wisconsin, 2001-10-23 and guess what....."Born June 14, 1943 (age 70)
Chicago, Illinois
Political party Republican" just like a Democrat taking credit for the ground work that Republicans have done. Take another sip of wine, have some cheese.
All you have shown us is that republicans were aware of tax cheaters all along and did nothing about it. Circumnavigate around the issue to attack only terrorists and criminal money laundering??? So What! AND even then they Pusey foot around them. Obama attacks right to the root of the problem. Back to reading comprehension 101 for you.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20186
Sep 1, 2013
 
Dear JBH; Your short site of vision is obscuring what lays ahead if this chemical attack goes without reprimand.
Allowing Syria to ignore their obligations to humanity by using,“out of prohibition.” lethal chemical weaponry, without reprimand, will send a negative message. Perforation of chemical aggression would be entertained by less than scrupulous organizations will arise and increase. A limited demonstration to suppress the use of chemical weapons is required.
Obama has demonstrated his ethical responsibilities in answering to conflicting issues of violence by corrupted organizations. Some accuse Obama of some tyrannical conspiracy and yet the facts do not support their accusations.
Yes I see a pattern; Is it conspiracy?
Capture of Osama without archaic torture tactics.{Mathematical algorithms} No invasion of Pakistan with hundreds of $Billions for the military industrialist.
Libya’s war, without one American solider dying in its entire operation and objective. Completed within months.
Obtains a water downed Health Care system for our nation in spite of the most dysfunctional congress in our nations history.
Returned economic stability in record time, from the brink of the abysses of a Great Depression. Faster economic recovery, than Clinton, Reagan and F.D.R.
Seeking to expand our ruined higher education of which we are no longer the “best in the world”.
I have a dream that some day our nation will discover the benefits of Universal Education. Some Western Industrious Nations have, for years, proven its necessity and its benefits that return to their industrious nation to progress.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20187
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actardly is nothing more than a belligerent left wing/Democrat keyboard bully with a Neanderthal mentality. His ilk gives a bad name to any misguided but decent liberal out there.
Monkey do monkey see, watch the inbred texatard reply to me.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20188
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dang wrote:
<quoted text>WHO is using the Patriot Act????? ActuaIIy, girl, you need to check again. "In recent months, Barack Obama has forcefully defended the use of the Patriot Act to gather the phone records of every American. But before he was elected president, he had a very different perspective on the issue.
In December 2005, Congress was debating the first re-authorization of the Patriot Act, a controversial 2001 law that gave the federal government expanded power to spy on Americans. And Barack Obama was one of nine senators who signed a letter criticizing the then-current version of the legislation for providing insufficient protections for civil liberties." You Democrats, you girls need to make up your minds.
Patriot Act, sponsored by REPUBLICAN Frank J. Sensenbrenner, Jr.(R–WI)

Signed by REPUBLICAN George bush
211 REPUBLICANS voted YES
62 DEMOCRATS voted no in the house

Who is using it? The NSA, CIA, FBI
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20189
Sep 1, 2013
 
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>One more for ya girlie, "DNI Clapper Directs Annual Release of Information Related to Orders Issued Under National Security Authorities
August 29, 2013
In June, President Obama directed the Intelligence Community (IC) to declassify and make public as much information as possible about certain sensitive U.S. Government surveillance programs while being mindful of the need to protect sensitive classified intelligence and national security.
FISA Business Records (Title V of FISA).
FISA Pen Register/Trap and Trace ( Title IV of FISA)
National Security Letters issued pursuant to 12 U.S.C.§ 3414(a)(5), 15 U.S.C.§§ 1681u(a) and (b), 15 U.S.C.§ 1681v, and 18 U.S.C.§ 2709.
Our ability to discuss these activities is limited by our need to protect intelligence sources and methods.
These reports, like other unclassified information related to foreign intelligence surveillance activities, will be available on our Community website established at the direction of the President. The new www.icontherecord.tumblr.com is designed to provide immediate, ongoing and direct access to factual information related to the lawful foreign surveillance activities carried out by the U.S. Intelligence Community.
James R. Clapper
Director of National Intelligence" You nosy girls you.
Dang Nab It lad, you do know you have proven how transparent Obama’s administration is. Compare that with the republicans that have been doing this for decades. Personnel I thought every one was aware of this. It has been in use since the first spy went out to his/her’s 9 to 5 job. I even reminded some on this thread in times past that they were under surveillance. 1984 Big Brother made it a movie. So much for Gee I didn’t know??? Obama has given just some of the specifics. There is more but this little, you and many like you are all a flutter with hyped up chicken little frenzy. Imagine if you knew the full scope. LOL Remember Jericho and the spy that did them in? Terrorist have theirs and we have ours. Get over it.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20190
Sep 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have shown us is that republicans were aware of tax cheaters all along and did nothing about it. Circumnavigate around the issue to attack only terrorists and criminal money laundering??? So What! AND even then they Pusey foot around them. Obama attacks right to the root of the problem. Back to reading comprehension 101 for you.
Soooooo, in all that time REPUBLICANS have been in charge?? How many Democrats have been in the White House since the passing of these laws? You can't spin this one, Democrats are right there with the Republicans.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20191
Sep 1, 2013
 
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actardly is nothing more than a belligerent left wing/Democrat keyboard bully with a Neanderthal mentality. His ilk gives a bad name to any misguided but decent liberal out there.
lib·er·al Now here someone was trying to enlighten you {LOL} and off you go with callow sophomoric babbling. Shame on you. Did Tex hit you too hard? Poor, poor defiant. Here I’ll GIVE you the definition of what you accuse another of. Its always the defiant conservative with their begging and Give me, Give me ideologies.

lib·er·al [líbb&#601;r&#601;l, líbbr&#601;l]
adj
1. broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others
2. progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
3. generous: freely giving money, time, or some other asset
My great-aunt was liberal in her bequests.

4. generous in quantity: large in size or amount
a liberal helping

5. not literal: not limited to the literal meaning in translation or interpretation
a liberal interpretation of the rules

6. culturally oriented: concerned with general cultural matters and broadening of the mind rather than professional or technical study
a liberal education

7. of political liberalism: relating to a political ideology of liberalism

n (plural lib·er·als)
liberal person: somebody who favors tolerance or open-mindedness

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Now here someone was trying to enlighten you {LOL} and off you go with callow sophomoric babbling. Shame on you. Did Tex hit you too hard? Poor, poor defiant. Here I’ll GIVE you the definition of what you accuse another of.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,241 - 18,260 of20,999
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

League City News Video

•••
•••

League City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

League City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

League City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in League City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••