Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
18,221 - 18,240 of 22,195 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

JBH ranting of chicken little hyped up rabid fox is amusing. I’ll jus touch on one item of his babbling ranting that is obviously false. Obama has done nothing for the economy????
This guy is really off in some la, la land of delusional existence. Here is one fact that Obama has done for our economy.
The Congressional Budget Office {MAY} said the 2013 fiscal deficit would fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of G.D.P., about $200 billion less than it estimated just three months ago.
WASHINGTON — Since the recession ended four years ago, the federal budget deficit has topped $1 trillion every year. But now the government’s annual deficit is shrinking far faster than anyone in Washington expected, and perhaps even faster than many economists think is advisable for the health of the economy.
The agency forecast that the deficit, which topped 10 percent of gross domestic product in 2009, could shrink to as little as 2.1 percent of gross domestic product by 2015 — a level that most analysts say would be easily sustainable over the long run — before beginning to climb gradually through the rest of the decade.
"Revenues have been strong as the economy has outperformed a bit," said Joel Prakken, a founder of Macroeconomic Advisers, a forecasting firm based in St. Louis.
Over all, the figures demonstrate how the economic recovery has begun to refill the government’s coffers. At the same time, Washington, despite its republican political paralysis.
Republicans say perhaps too successful. Given that the economy continues to perform well below its potential and that unemployment has so far failed to fall below 7.5 percent, many economists are cautioning that the deficit is coming down too fast, too soon.
“It’s good news for the budget deficit and bad news for the jobs deficit,” said Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.{R}
“I’m more worried about the latter.” OOOHHH scary..
Now Obama is showing his democratic colors of success in financials. With the government running a hefty $113 billion surplus in the tax payment month of April, according to the Treasury, analysts now do not expect the country to run out of room under its debt ceiling.
The $200 billion reduction to the estimated deficit comes not from the $85 billion in mandatory cuts known as sequestration, nor from the package of tax increases that Congress passed this winter to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. The office had already incorporated those policy changes in its February forecast.
Republicans want Congress to agree for this year to serving as a partial brake on the recovery, cutting government jobs and preventing growth from accelerating to a more robust pace, many economists have warned. The International Monetary Fund has called the country’s pace of deficit reduction “overly strong,” arguing that Washington should delay some of its budget cuts while adopting a longer-term strategy to hold down future deficits.{R} Typical, small minds for small growth..
CBO is revising its estimates for the current year, the budget office also cut its projections of the 10-year cumulative deficit by $618 billion. Those longer-term adjustments are mostly a result of smaller projected outlays for the entitlement programs of Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as smaller interest payments on the debt. The C.B.O. has quietly erased hundreds of billions of dollars in projected government health spending over the last few years.
It did so again on Tuesday. In February, the budget office projected that the United States would spend about $8.1 trillion on Medicare and $4.4 trillion on Medicaid over the next 10 fiscal years. It now projects it will spend $7.9 trillion on Medicare and $4.3 trillion on Medicaid.
Now what has JBH or the leadership he supports promoted thus far. Zero, Zip Nada a Thing. In 1929 and 2008 they showed us what they support.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Texan wrote:
Say Barney how do you like all the long posts addressing your stupidity and bullshit?
Well Tex I enjoy it. Sure beats those comic book bumper stickers. Here I’ll tell you a simple story of how I have been viewing the right wing dysfunctional bumper sticker mentality. I’ll change the names to protect the innocent.
I was assigned an assignment to evaluate a strata drainage proposal for particular area going to be developed. So I needed a ditch to be dug in several areas of the site. Hired a couple of guys Tex and defiant. All was going pretty well until one day. Defiant stood up and said why are we digging this ditch and Bernie just sits under that tree sipping on his lemonade and reading books and charts? He even gets paid more than us! Well Tex dared defiant to go up and vent his concerns to Bernie.
Defiant confronts Bernie with his concerns and Bernie replied because I’m smarter than you. I know how to read books and charts and evaluate a course. You can not. Defiant not so easily put off asked for Bernie to prove he is smarter. So Bernie put his hand on the tree a said now you hit my hand as hard as you can. Defiant threw his fist at the hand and Bernie withdrew it causing the blow to hit the tree at great discomfort to defiant. Bernie then says to defiant get back to work and think about it. Defiant with a confused look returns to the ditch. Tex asked him how did it go? Defiant said I now know how I can figure out if you or any one else is smarter than me. Chuckling to himself. Boy is Tex in for a surprise. So Tex says OK show me. Defiant then places his hand over his face and says just try to hit my hand.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

In 1998 52% of teenagers had summer jobs.In 2013, that figure is 32 %.Americans are also migrating to part time jobs at a record rate.THIS IS RECOVERY?? US DEPT.OF LABOR...
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

very old joke Barney.
hirrleman

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch... ………
He got lucky
JBH

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

What is the big fuss by saying chemical weapons, Syria all day long BY US?

This gives the situation for those who would make troubles to be destructive and causing more troubles.

In the first place, there are absolutely not any ground and solid evidences that the small number of people dying from any chemical weapons poisoning WAS a result from WHICH ONE--the regime or rebels OR ANY TROUBLE-MAKERS TO WANT TO EXPLOIT BADLY ABOUT SYRIA. If rebels had to kill others by poisoning some people in order to gain the stand for support of them, that is highly immoral, criminal and wrongful for those others like Obama to go with them.

If they say the Syria regime had used chemical weapons, so is what, as there is no clear proof?

BY talking about chemical weapons, some of the toxic CHEMICAL WEAPON gases might not be that effective. MANY poisoned chemicals that people are facing in everyday life, MAKE at least hundreds to thousands of people die from their poisoning each day around the world. Everyday, there are more people dying from drunk-driving accidents globally than the number of people they say dying form chemical weapons so far in Syria.

In other words, chemical weapons had not killed so many people even if they were used through this civil unrest in Syria all along for these years THAN THE EVERYDAY KILLING OF PEOPLE FROM ALCOHOL AND OTHER toxic CHEMICALS THEY ARE FACING WITH--SO WHAT IS THE FUSS?

It makes no sense by calling chemical weapons, by not saying that Agent Orange, toxic chemicals and alcohols as not weapons, because the instant, immediate effects and side and eventual effects of cancer causing nature OF THESE CHEMICAL AGENTS are detrimental.

So, it is a total failure and loser business by labeling chemical weapons about Syria.

But, it is questionable that US military has any proper stand in moving toward Syria as this is very wrong.

Now, what happens is that US can't do one single thing about Iraq by forced invasion, that US has to withdraw based on that. So what it wants to do with Syria now when it did very badly in Iraq?

If US says of chemical weapons, US or UN inspectors can't prove whoever used them by pointing to Syria regime, to do air strike, that is indeed the US sickening terror. This will be fired back from the world now as before such US acts will be punished by the world, US is going through the harms by taking damages.

If just going by air strike, what is the point of killing innocents, as US can never find out if Syria has amounts of chemical weapons, by doing ugly and awful terror?

But, if US uses ground troops, then it might not be effective for a long haul, which is too large scale and too long to engage in, whereas people have suffered too much by then, with much resources and direction for the future destructed.

IF US is crazy enough and goes all the way for high costs to go for much more with vast ground troops, even if it can get to the stage to the Syria regime with whatever losses and costs, US finds none of chemical weapons from Syria regime possession.

What makes the global people and stands as such now that would allow US to do that, by slaughtering lots of civilians and its soldiers even with too much US costs and losses, for finding out nothing and anything that is real and true as it says of chemical weapons about Syria.

If US does not lose out by now, THIS IS A SICKENING, RIDICULOUS ILL WORLD for US IS.
The world has a lot of problems right now, without permitting US to make some more, that US is taking and making a lot of problems for itself because US is a troublesome country which does not know one single thing and always does things wrongly for its people harms and suffering.

US IS A TRASH WORLD as US IS showing as is.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

AFL-CIO says they DON'T WANT OBAMACARE!! Today on the news! Glory be! What up??? Tell us about it, Bernie!!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
In 1998 52% of teenagers had summer jobs.In 2013, that figure is 32 %.Americans are also migrating to part time jobs at a record rate.THIS IS RECOVERY?? US DEPT.OF LABOR...
Very good Waco, you noticed how poverty is oozing up to engulf a greater portion into poverty. Supporting the inequality of the laborers distributions of productivity. Walmart demonstrates, as one example, of how that is achieved.
They pay their employees or breakdown full time employees to bare minimum wage and benefits. Making them eligible for Welfare, food stamps etc. This is then picked up by the taxpayers as a subsidization of Walmart’s inadequate distribution of their laborers productivity distributions. Larger cities recently have caught on to this discrepancy refusing Walmart to enter their domains.
Which is “The Price Of Inequality” to our USA. Obama has taken the stand that such corporations should be taxed accordingly to the amount of inequality they produce to their environment.“OF” course republicans oppose saying they prefer for the elderly to pay for it by reducing their social entitlements. Thus once again increasing inequality to favor the poor little rich boy.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
AFL-CIO says they DON'T WANT OBAMACARE!! Today on the news! Glory be! What up??? Tell us about it, Bernie!!
Do not have full data on that. I would speculate that AFL-CIO will have to insure their Laborers. Dipping into their funds from their administrations profits. What is good for the Goose is Good for the Gander, comes to mind.
As it is with some employers insurance programs, there are many exclusion clauses and co pay charges to have the employee pick up in monetary or pain values, to suppress premium payments. Obamacare levels that field and decreases exclusion clauses for treatment. Co pay reduced according to income of the insured. As we all know, Unions have generally provided the higher income and benefits, to the employees. Thus their cost will be greater than the non union force. What’s your take?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not have full data on that. I would speculate that AFL-CIO will have to insure their Laborers. Dipping into their funds from their administrations profits. What is good for the Goose is Good for the Gander, comes to mind.
As it is with some employers insurance programs, there are many exclusion clauses and co pay charges to have the employee pick up in monetary or pain values, to suppress premium payments. Obamacare levels that field and decreases exclusion clauses for treatment. Co pay reduced according to income of the insured. As we all know, Unions have generally provided the higher income and benefits, to the employees. Thus their cost will be greater than the non union force. What’s your take?
Looks like organized labor is just now discovering that perhaps the medical care they have now is cheaper, and better.That, from talking to my friends in the major postal unions.APWU and NALC.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

MLR waiver for mini-med health insurance plans
Annual limit waiver
MLR waiver for States
State innovation waiver
ACO anti-trust waivers
Individual mandate waivers

Finally, Obamacare provides for several specific waivers from the mandate that individuals purchase insurance.12 The individual mandate will not apply to you, or you can get a waiver, if you:

Are a religious objector;
Are a member of a “Health care sharing ministry;”
Are an illegal alien;
Are in jail;
Are poor;
Are a member of an Indian tribe; or
Are suffering a “hardship.”13
So I ask who will have to buy Obamacare? If people REALLY try, they can fall into one of these categories.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dear JBH; Not sure what you are saying on your opening statements. I presume your implying that when someone advertises the chemical angle, as being a measure by which the USA will take action. That it is throwing out an avenue for various forces to exploit. Whether they be the actual combatants or an exterior group.
Interesting as that was used to define 911. A terrorist attacks and advertises it is Islamic in origin. USA then vent their anger against those of that faith on the word of a terrorist! Giving the terrorist control to say attack here, there or anywhere the terrorist should suggest. Iraq?
Chemical weapons have signatures has to their origins. Matter of inventory analyst of the components to determine its origin. Suspicion can be cast about through a variety of conspiracy stories. However the origin will be held responsible for their contribution of creating it.
Comparing various forms of death scenarios is not relevant as each is an issue of its own merits.
People being killed by chemical weapons is a lesson that was experienced at its height during WW I in the trenches. Its disastrous outcome persuaded the nations to criminalize its use in war or in any other scenario.
Presently we have increased our Chemical abilities as well as expanding into Bio- chemical and now Bio- DNA for a more precise termination sequence. All of these require serious oversight. Those that disregard the global agreement in any form will be suppressed in their endeavors.
The “FUSS” is the empathy of humanity.
I speculate most everyone here agrees that these toxic chemicals we are exposed to on a daily bases is an important issue. LOL how long has the fight been going on the alcohol issue alone. How will we solve each and every one of these will in time come to past. Technology in Biogenetics is increasing and we may very well find the solution to most of these plagues of toxicity.
Identifying chemical weapons is the first step in eradicating their existence. Whether or not the USA peruses it or seeks to level the combatant forces to be more aligned to a desired out come is yet to be seen.
USA legality in this scenario can be contested. Weighing the economic factors against the empathy factors. All we have at present is a strong warning to the combatants, of possible punitive measures maybe forth coming.“Sword Rattling”
Obama has demonstrated his awareness of the negative effects of imperialism.
1] Osama Capture surgical. 2} Libya precise and short. No lost of American lives in the line of fire. 3} Invades Iran with computer virus not stomping boots. A few obvious examples.
Chemicals can be proven. Air strikes no matter how precise will have collateral damage. This will be factor when they weigh in the positive benefits versus the negative cost factors. Innocents are the true martyrs of all wars and will remain so until we find a solution to the toxicity of war.
To say this one nation is responsible for the carnage in this world is nonsense. They are caught up in violence for existence as are all other sovereignties. Political or religious. World is not trashed merely recycles the atoms. What is trash is of all of our making that is poisonous to our survival on this lone space ship earth.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Looks like organized labor is just now discovering that perhaps the medical care they have now is cheaper, and better.That, from talking to my friends in the major postal unions.APWU and NALC.
That has yet to be determined. Regardless their cost, to their premiums as is, will increase no less than 3% to 7% the 3% has just recently been achieved as the lowest increase to health care in years due to Obamacare. Standard increase nationally has been 7% annually, except for Mass. With 6% annual increase.
Nations in the industrialist developed world have had lower annual increase than the USA due to their Nationalized Health Care or Universal Health Care systems. Presently their health care is ¼ to 1/7 of our cost. Now we play the “Ketchup”{LOL} game on the Liberal International Free Trade markets.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dang wrote:
MLR waiver for mini-med health insurance plans
Annual limit waiver
MLR waiver for States
State innovation waiver
ACO anti-trust waivers
Individual mandate waivers
Finally, Obamacare provides for several specific waivers from the mandate that individuals purchase insurance.12 The individual mandate will not apply to you, or you can get a waiver, if you:
Are a religious objector;
Are a member of a “Health care sharing ministry;”
Are an illegal alien;
Are in jail;
Are poor;
Are a member of an Indian tribe; or
Are suffering a “hardship.”13
So I ask who will have to buy Obamacare? If people REALLY try, they can fall into one of these categories.
LOL I wonder if I could use that list for getting me out of JURY DUTY !
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Why do any of us in The United States care if they kill each other? They all hate us and would gladly kill us if given the chance. So if they want to kill each other give them all the weapons they need and tell them to have at it. Let's face it people they have been killing each other in the name of Allah for centuries, please let them continue. The more the better, it means less of them to terrorize the rest of the world.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Why do any of us in The United States care if they kill each other? They all hate us and would gladly kill us if given the chance. So if they want to kill each other give them all the weapons they need and tell them to have at it. Let's face it people they have been killing each other in the name of Allah for centuries, please let them continue. The more the better, it means less of them to terrorize the rest of the world.
True that, look at Britain, they have one of theirs nearly beheaded. Is it any wonder that they decided to stay out of the fray?
stg

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Ndms
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good Waco, you noticed how poverty is oozing up to engulf a greater portion into poverty. Supporting the inequality of the laborers distributions of productivity. Walmart demonstrates, as one example, of how that is achieved.
They pay their employees or breakdown full time employees to bare minimum wage and benefits. Making them eligible for Welfare, food stamps etc. This is then picked up by the taxpayers as a subsidization of Walmart’s inadequate distribution of their laborers productivity distributions. Larger cities recently have caught on to this discrepancy refusing Walmart to enter their domains.
Which is “The Price Of Inequality” to our USA. Obama has taken the stand that such corporations should be taxed accordingly to the amount of inequality they produce to their environment.“OF” course republicans oppose saying they prefer for the elderly to pay for it by reducing their social entitlements. Thus once again increasing inequality to favor the poor little rich boy.
Yeah, little rich boys like the ones that Obama represents.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Its crazy
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, little rich boys like the ones that Obama represents.
Its All little rich boys. Obama is not prejudice as you illuminate your self to be.
Hear the latest. Obama has already held some overseas accounts responsible for tax evasion. Swiss banks have been fined and or settled. More banks are now opening their doors for more of the poor little rich boys secret cache. Trillions to be taxed and Billions to be collected. Now when did ever the republicans do something like that? YUP, NEVER !
Debts going down. Sure beats republicans debts going up crap. Oh I forgot, it will trickle down… LOL Trickle down into the poor little boy’s treasuries and kept well hidden. Now that’s the republican way..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

League City News Video

•••
•••

League City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

League City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••