Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18698 Jun 29, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
You learn very little in all that you survey. Retired, grants me the unlimited leisure time. Some I use to accommodate my surrounding associates and some for researching for new knowledge and then a little bit for nitwits like you and the occasional intellectuals that come along. Whatever remains goes into some woodworking hobbies and advancing my solar garden as well as my various vegetated gardens . Now you? Ho Hum on some shaded river bank with your gun, fishing pole and your old blue hound dog.
Where I obtain my information, you have no idea on that as well. Most of it is derived by BOOKS that I read. Stuff that can not fit in your LSM sources. Oh ! By the way the LMS did do a report on the FEMA concentration camps. I even sent you their site to link up to on CBS. Just one more thing you can not allow for you are the “One”.Much of which I read can not be shared through the LSM because the majority of its audience would and or incapable to comprehend what is in these books. As you so proudly prove with every comment you inspire us with.
Anti authoritarian carries a flaw in its fundamentals. You would have to be “The One” and only “One”. No other is above you in any form or way. Thus education is with low tolerance with you. The more the protégée an author’s knowledge is, the more you are unable to comprehend and the more you backslide into your abysses of less education. Less knowledge, wisdom, empathy, and so on. Rendering 99% of your value on subject matter as frivolous, irrelevant, etc,..
Your cradle/grave/nonsense is an excellent example of the depth of your comprehension and knowledge is on that subject.
So, you get a lot of your info from books. I didn't realize that "Dick and Jane", "Peter Rabbit" and other children's books were such a treasure trove of information. You are just into your second childhood.

Hunting and fishing isn't my only interests. Solar Photovoltaic systems are also my hobby. Not that it is any of your business, but I built a workshop in the backyard and powered it with a stand alone solar panel and battery system. It will be expanded upon to supply electricity to
the house.

Unlike you, I learn things of practical value. Maybe you should stick to building bird houses and leave real thinking to adults.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18699 Jun 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
DEFIANT your observation on American media is well taken. I get most of my news from foreign media sources. American media, besides being inaccurate, is highly provincial.
Yep. even the daily news from this one source today contains more than CNN, Fox and the rest of the lying news sources combined.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18700 Jun 29, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah poor defiant is having a bad hair day. Cuddling up to his buddy Truth for affection. Fearing the worse. His white-ee’ race is going the way of the common minority. One less thing, that he can cling to, to boost his depleting self esteem. Such is the way of one that seeks ignorance for substance, for he shall find it. Truth and defiant hand in hand kissing on the threads…. Hey where is Tex. Could have one of them thar triangle soap operas going on here.. Stay tuned. I here the galloping hoofs of Tex’s horsee’..
Benedicto Spinoza (1675)
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18701 Jun 29, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Benedicto Spinoza (1675)
That might give Benedict Arnold Aftend more of a swelled head than the one he has already.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18702 Jun 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!
Erstwhile pilot. LOL!. Bernies universe contains mostly twist and spin.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18703 Jun 29, 2013
Gardens are a very human thing, they connect us to the earth, and watching the fruit of ones labor become real from a tiny seed is highly gratifying. Seems to me that invariably, people who garden are not merely a happy bunch, but they also live longer. The sun, a thing I love as much as the plants do, think.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#18704 Jun 29, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. even the daily news from this one source today contains more than CNN, Fox and the rest of the lying news sources combined.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
Not only do I get a different slant on the news,I get news that the American media simply ignores.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#18705 Jun 29, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Erstwhile pilot. LOL!. Bernies universe contains mostly twist and spin.
John Denver became an"erstwhile"pilot right after his last landing. He was s likeable guy, but his music is for saps.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18706 Jun 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Gardens are a very human thing, they connect us to the earth, and watching the fruit of ones labor become real from a tiny seed is highly gratifying. Seems to me that invariably, people who garden are not merely a happy bunch, but they also live longer. The sun, a thing I love as much as the plants do, think.
Your correct, gardens are great for your health. I get to pick jalapenos, strawberries and sugar snap peas today. I've been around a garden all my life. I've lived in a condo to an RV to a house and I have always been able to grow something. I think people think it's a lot of work when really it doesn't have to be.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18707 Jun 30, 2013
OMG, did I just hear that they let the Vice President call Ecuador? The White House has lost it's mind. What did he say, ""I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you,". BTW, where has he been for 7 months?
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18708 Jun 30, 2013
BRUSSELS—The president of the European Parliament has demanded “full clarification” from the U.S. after it was alleged that the National Security Agency collected information on European institutions as part of its spying activities.

German weekly magazine Der Spiegel reported Sunday that the U.S. placed listening devices in the European Union’s representation in Washington, infiltrated its computers, and carried out cyberattacks in New York and Washington against EU bodies. It cited information seen in secret documents obtained by whistleblower Edward Snowden as the basis for its report.

The European Commission, the EU’s executive arm, said it is aware of the press reports, and had raised the issue with U.S. authorities in Washington DC and Brussels.

“They have told us they are checking on the accuracy of the information released yesterday and will come back to us,” said Marlene Holzner, a spokesperson for the commission

“We will make no further comments at this stage,” she added.

Both the U.S. Mission to the European Union and the NSA were not immediately available for comment Sunday.

However, the president of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, said that if the reports that EU offices have allegedly been bugged by the U.S. authorities are true, it could seriously impact EU-U.S. relations.

“I am deeply worried and shocked about the allegations of U.S. authorities spying on EU offices,” Mr. Schulz said in a statement.“If the allegations prove to be true, it would be an extremely serious matter which will have a severe impact on EU-U.S. relations…on behalf of the European Parliament, I demand full clarification and require further information speedily from the U.S. authorities with regard to these allegations.”
Ahhhh, who wants to be King and rule the world?
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18710 Jun 30, 2013
"Homeless numbers grow in L.A. County
The number of homeless people in Los Angeles County jumped by 16% over the last two years, fueled by lingering economic devastation from the recession and rising rents and housing prices, according to a survey released Friday.

The sharp increase from 50,000 to more than 58,000 homeless people marked a departure from counts in 2011 and 2012, which showed reductions of 3% to 7% over previous years. And it came despite hundreds of millions of dollars in government aid pouring into the county each year to get people off the streets."
Hey BF, why don't you buy some of those bonds and help out the homeless. "Gov. Jerry Brown approved California's new budget Thursday, changing very little of the $96.3-billion spending plan before signing it into law.He eliminated a measure that would have increased transparency at the Judiciary Council, the policymaking branch of the state court system. Brown's finance director, Ana Matosantos, said it would have cost the courts too much, though she said she did not have a specific estimate.

The measure "doesn't appear to be warranted or necessary at this time," she said" That's great, got rid of accountability, the homeless will be saved. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-brown...
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18711 Jun 30, 2013
California Gov. Jerry Brown, legislators granted 5.2% raises
Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill allowing more closed-door meetings
You just can't make it up.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18712 Jun 30, 2013
justasayin wrote:
OMG, did I just hear that they let the Vice President call Ecuador? The White House has lost it's mind. What did he say, ""I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you,". BTW, where has he been for 7 months?
I don't think Snowden has anything to worry about with Biden, The Court Jester on his case. Biden is dumber than dirt and only good for a laugh.

They probably keep him locked up under the White House when they don't need him for a "special" mission. There is probably only so much shame that even this worthless administration can endure. LOL

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#18713 Jun 30, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>Your correct, gardens are great for your health. I get to pick jalapenos, strawberries and sugar snap peas today. I've been around a garden all my life. I've lived in a condo to an RV to a house and I have always been able to grow something. I think people think it's a lot of work when really it doesn't have to be.
It's the work of a garden that keeps people alive, and I'm very fond of organic food.
Yee Haw

Dallas, TX

#18714 Jun 30, 2013
YEE HAW! Perry for President!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18715 Jun 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!
Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!

Upset? Your vote for Obama is commendable from your bright side as the Tea is commendable from your dark side. Ha, ha..
Shakespeare occasionally. One passage that sticks with me of his is What a piece of work is a man.
How noble and reason
How infinite in faculties’
In form and movement
How expressed and admirable
In action how like an angel
In apprehension like God
The beauty of the world
In Para gram of the animals
And yet to me
What is this grotesque’ creature…. dust
Man delights not me.
Shakespeare
Listening to music is entertaining. Johnny Denver, Eric Clapton, Bee Gee’s, Beethoven, The Doors, Shubert, Bach, Garth, BB, Louis Armstrong, a small sampling of how I like to mix it up. Like to get the Lead out if you know what I mean.
We are not all blind and the universe is not full of paradoxes. It is our failure to fully comprehend the full nature of the truths of the universe’s laws. Just as it is with these religions. Paradoxes illuminates a flaw in our comprehension and an area of interest. Even the simple term of existence can be viewed as multifaceted definition . I assure you there is very little that will upset me. Emotional activity within me is subdued to what I consider trivial. Except for humor gotta have that..
Simon

Ballwin, MO

#18716 Jun 30, 2013
Well bravo!!!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18717 Jun 30, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you get a lot of your info from books. I didn't realize that "Dick and Jane", "Peter Rabbit" and other children's books were such a treasure trove of information. You are just into your second childhood.
Hunting and fishing isn't my only interests. Solar Photovoltaic systems are also my hobby. Not that it is any of your business, but I built a workshop in the backyard and powered it with a stand alone solar panel and battery system. It will be expanded upon to supply electricity to
the house.
Unlike you, I learn things of practical value. Maybe you should stick to building bird houses and leave real thinking to adults.

LOL you still do not realize what books I read. Sometimes I do read those books for the grandkids, that you mentioned. However that is less than .01% of what I read.
Congratulations on your Solar Green Garden. That’s how I started as well. First the workshop then on to the house. Recently just picked up a 2,000 watt pure wave inverter to add on.
Bird house yup have one of those as well but if you remember I first mentioned to you my interest in building things way back when I was making my own solar panels from solar cells on up. Most of the substrates for the panels were free as I was simply making them from what people were discarding. Remember…? Getting old has its lapses don’t they?
Real thinking is what some think they are doing when actually they are merely rearranging their prejudices…
Hey now try a food garden. That can be an interesting add on hobby as well. I have some 2nd and third generation plants still going, as well as the everyday varieties.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#18718 Jun 30, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get upset Bernie.You don't read Shakespeare? I vote for Obama, and they say I'm"Tea Party"! You take yourself too seriously old boy. If you're listening to the erstwhile pilot John Denver, I'd seriously question your taste in music as well. To an extent we're all just blind and searching Forand. Your path has taken you to where you are currently. Mine takes me elsewhere. As for paradox, the UNIVERSE abounds in it, which makes this existence all the sweeter!
Upset? Your vote for Obama is commendable from your bright side as the Tea is commendable from your dark side. Ha, ha..
Shakespeare occasionally. One passage that sticks with me of his is What a piece of work is a man.
How noble and reason
How infinite in faculties’
In form and movement
How expressed and admirable
In action how like an angel
In apprehension like God
The beauty of the world
In Para gram of the animals
And yet to me
What is this grotesque’ creature…. dust
Man delights not me.
Shakespeare
Listening to music is entertaining. Johnny Denver, Eric Clapton, Bee Gee’s, Beethoven, The Doors, Shubert, Bach, Garth, BB, Louis Armstrong, a small sampling of how I like to mix it up. Like to get the Lead out if you know what I mean.
We are not all blind and the universe is not full of paradoxes. It is our failure to fully comprehend the full nature of the truths of the universe’s laws. Just as it is with these religions. Paradoxes illuminates a flaw in our comprehension and an area of interest. Even the simple term of existence can be viewed as multifaceted definition . I assure you there is very little that will upset me. Emotional activity within me is subdued to what I consider trivial. Except for humor gotta have that..
never could connect with John Denver.I find great beauty in paradox.paradox keeps me humble!!I find the complexity of existence to be awe inspiring.quantum mechanics is a beautiful thing! the concept of entropy and the arrow of time are two things I find to be fascinating."Break on through to the Other Side"!! The speed of light can't be exceeded. Yet, if the Big Bang is to be believed, the Universe expanded from the size of a subatomic particle to the size of the earth so quickly that it exceeded the speed of light. What is reality? Will entropy always prevail? Some physicists say that there are 11 dimensions. The gravity of a supermassive black hole can bend light waves. The brains of Neanderthals were bigger than the brains of Cro Magnons. There was a shark that ate whales, and an even bigger whale that ate that monster. Why was Leonardo Da Vinci so far ahead of his time? Questions. Tell me Forand. Truly. Is the human imagination not a wonderful thing??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 16 Fossilfarts 736
Christmas charities Nov 10 MaryJ 1
officer t. montero Nov 6 GUEST 1
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Nov 3 dianek11470 63
League City denies officials' ammunition requests Oct 30 Wild man 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 29 Gasman 543
Fight the Texas Driver Responsibility Law (Apr '08) Oct '14 proudtexan 134

League City News Video

League City Dating
Find my Match

League City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

League City News, Events & Info