Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 823)

Showing posts 16,441 - 16,460 of20,408
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Too many people fail the test.
Working Class Hero

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Memo Caballero wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather give up some freedoms to feel safe. If you don't have anything to hide you shouldn't be worried.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither"..Ben Franklin.....i would hate to be you.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Working Class Hero wrote:
Take back your country.Don't close your eyes, while you give it away.Expect resistance.
I guess I missed it. When were we invaded?
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Rick Perry is an True Texan that has ideals to better and secure our state. Many states have failed in keeping good economics. Look around you and see how many others have come here from different states and different countries. We should appreciate our governor and his good conservative values.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Oh give me a break. Perry has no ideals, and no ethics. He ran for the office of POTUS and allowed the entire nation to see the extent of his ignorance. Not to mention the fact that he was taking the states money for a job that he wasn't doing while running for POTUS, and the fact that he is now double dipping from the state. The Lt. Governer and State Legislature are the ones who get things done. All Perry is, is a cheer leader, just like he was at A&M. Rah rah rah, nooooooooooooo Perry. Good conservative values my a$$. Let him give back his salary for his POTUS campaign time, half of his double dip money, then tell me about his good conservative values. Untill he does that all I can say to you is BULLS--T.
Informed

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I missed it. When were we invaded?
HISTORY
STUDY HISTORY it is all there. The study of history will shoe why America is worth saving, men have given their so people have Freedom. America's is a great place to be. Why else would so many want to come to America. What I don't understand is they want to bring their countries beliefs here. Why do you think they left their country. If America is so offense let them Go Home. 2139
Informed

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Typing errors in my reply. Should have read before sending, what is in my head does not always go on the page. Oops
Informed

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Working Class Hero wrote:
<quoted text> "Those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither"..Ben Franklin.....i would hate to be you.
Just wait until this freedom is taken away. They could leave here, dugh
People have given their life so we can have freedom
What to they think Memorial Day is about?
This is the very reason we are losing our freedom, but it seems they will have to lose this freedom to understand how it came about.
How can people be so ignorant? For those offended by ignorant look up the word.
tesd

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

test
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Oh give me a break. Perry has no ideals, and no ethics. He ran for the office of POTUS and allowed the entire nation to see the extent of his ignorance. Not to mention the fact that he was taking the states money for a job that he wasn't doing while running for POTUS, and the fact that he is now double dipping from the state. The Lt. Governer and State Legislature are the ones who get things done. All Perry is, is a cheer leader, just like he was at A&M. Rah rah rah, nooooooooooooo Perry. Good conservative values my a$$. Let him give back his salary for his POTUS campaign time, half of his double dip money, then tell me about his good conservative values. Untill he does that all I can say to you is BULLS--T.
Texas is the most successful run organization in the country. This is due to conservative valued leadership. California and other states are flocking here because they need steady employment. Success with Perry is everywhere.
Working Class Hero

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait until this freedom is taken away. They could leave here, dugh
People have given their life so we can have freedom
What to they think Memorial Day is about?
This is the very reason we are losing our freedom, but it seems they will have to lose this freedom to understand how it came about.
How can people be so ignorant? For those offended by ignorant look up the word.
You're right.Some guy in an earlier post asked me"have we been invaded?"WHAT UNBELIEVABLE STUPIDITY!
Working Class Hero

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Pistol Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas is the most successful run organization in the country. This is due to conservative valued leadership. California and other states are flocking here because they need steady employment. Success with Perry is everywhere.
As Texan said, Perry did double dip into state money, technically legal but hardly admirable.For some odd reason, Perry is broke. almost
Informed

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

History is lost in a world of ignorance.
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Take a look at our current government on how money is being spent and come back to the table.
Working Class Hero

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

People choose to be ignorant, out of laziness mostly.
Working Class Hero

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Pistol Pete wrote:
Take a look at our current government on how money is being spent and come back to the table.
To top it all off, China is building F-35 jets that look and perform just like ours.Except, they didn't have to spend trillions of dollars developing them, just hacked the Defense computers.VOILA! Our bridges seem to be falling into rivers, for some reason.Wonder where all that maintenance money went to? Our kids run from hard science courses, to be lawyers and get business degrees.Meanwhile, most of our doctors come from overseas, looks like we're lucky to get them.a lot of our kids seem to have OCD, the rest of them are building bombs to take to school and"get even". Odd how these kids can get super expensive phones, which they then use to get on line to find out how to make bombs.Parents don't seen to have a clue that Johnny is planning a bloodbath.
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

A declining society due to government straps on US citizens. Fundamentals of true government being overlooked. Our priorities in our present administration have turned the cards on the table and has made us more vulnerable for cyber attacks.
Just So You Know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

I'm about to join the damned Texas Nationalist Party! Democrats are backwards, and they are about to run the whole country into the ground! Unfortunately, Republicans are no better. So busy trying to please everyone, that they are forgetting the core platform of the Party! And Rick Perry is the worst one!!
Gerald

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

This will be his last term in office, he has wronged too many people which are the popular votes. Most republicans will lose due to the same reasons, the underdogs are fed up with theses tactics. Rich get richer, poor get poorer.
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Rich get will get richer and poor will get poorer because our future holds a government controlled state if a democrat reaches office in Texas. Middle class will continue to be suffer and eventually be non existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,441 - 16,460 of20,408
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent League City Discussions

Search the League City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min Gasman 16,059
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 28 min Pharts 683
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 10 hr Bootay Gas 592
Review: Quickset Locks Rekey Tue The BEST 3
Review: League City Locksmith Service (May '13) Tue Great Locks 17
Review: Locksmith Dickinson, TX Tue great price 4
Review: 24 Hour Locksmith In Seabrook Tue great price 4
•••
•••

League City News Video

•••
League City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••