Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Working Class Hero

Landrum, SC

#17959 May 27, 2013
Americans are giving their freedoms away like whipped curs.A sad thing to see.
Working Class Hero

Landrum, SC

#17960 May 27, 2013
Stand up for freedom, or lay down to get fked.
Memo Caballero

El Paso, TX

#17961 May 27, 2013
Working Class Hero wrote:
Americans are giving their freedoms away like whipped curs.A sad thing to see.
I would rather give up some freedoms to feel safe. If you don't have anything to hide you shouldn't be worried.
IGWT

United States

#17962 May 28, 2013
I support it. HB-724
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17963 May 28, 2013
If you are willing to give up freedoms in exchange for safety you deserve neither, and when you actually do give up your freedom there will be NO SAFETY. You Memo Caballero are an idiot, a complete and total IDIOT!
Memo Caballero

El Paso, TX

#17964 May 28, 2013
Texan wrote:
If you are willing to give up freedoms in exchange for safety you deserve neither, and when you actually do give up your freedom there will be NO SAFETY. You Memo Caballero are an idiot, a complete and total IDIOT!
What do you have to hide? maybe they should be targeting you. The Safety of the people is the governments job , thats why we pay taxes.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17965 May 28, 2013
I have absolutly nothing to hide, and if you think protecting us is why we pay taxes, and that I am going to rely on the government to protect me, you aren't an idiot you are just a dumba$$. And when anyone decides to target me just remember that I exercise my second ammendment right, and I do it quite well. BUT you are entitled to your opinion, that is one of the freedoms that myself and untold thousands of others served to protect. The fact that you would choose to give up even one of your freedoms really makes me angry. BUT IT IS YOUR RIGHT.
popo

Hondo, TX

#17966 May 28, 2013
test
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17967 May 28, 2013
Too many people fail the test.
Working Class Hero

United States

#17968 May 28, 2013
Memo Caballero wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather give up some freedoms to feel safe. If you don't have anything to hide you shouldn't be worried.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither"..Ben Franklin.....i would hate to be you.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#17969 May 28, 2013
Take back your country.Don't close your eyes, while you give it away.Expect resistance.
I guess I missed it. When were we invaded?
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

#17970 May 28, 2013
Rick Perry is an True Texan that has ideals to better and secure our state. Many states have failed in keeping good economics. Look around you and see how many others have come here from different states and different countries. We should appreciate our governor and his good conservative values.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17971 May 28, 2013
Oh give me a break. Perry has no ideals, and no ethics. He ran for the office of POTUS and allowed the entire nation to see the extent of his ignorance. Not to mention the fact that he was taking the states money for a job that he wasn't doing while running for POTUS, and the fact that he is now double dipping from the state. The Lt. Governer and State Legislature are the ones who get things done. All Perry is, is a cheer leader, just like he was at A&M. Rah rah rah, nooooooooooooo Perry. Good conservative values my a$$. Let him give back his salary for his POTUS campaign time, half of his double dip money, then tell me about his good conservative values. Untill he does that all I can say to you is BULLS--T.
Informed

Adkins, TX

#17972 May 28, 2013
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I missed it. When were we invaded?
HISTORY
STUDY HISTORY it is all there. The study of history will shoe why America is worth saving, men have given their so people have Freedom. America's is a great place to be. Why else would so many want to come to America. What I don't understand is they want to bring their countries beliefs here. Why do you think they left their country. If America is so offense let them Go Home. 2139
Informed

Adkins, TX

#17973 May 28, 2013
Typing errors in my reply. Should have read before sending, what is in my head does not always go on the page. Oops
Informed

Adkins, TX

#17974 May 28, 2013
<quoted text> "Those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither"..Ben Franklin.....i would hate to be you.
Just wait until this freedom is taken away. They could leave here, dugh
People have given their life so we can have freedom
What to they think Memorial Day is about?
This is the very reason we are losing our freedom, but it seems they will have to lose this freedom to understand how it came about.
How can people be so ignorant? For those offended by ignorant look up the word.
tesd

Hondo, TX

#17975 May 28, 2013
test
Pistol Pete

Uvalde, TX

#17976 May 28, 2013
Texan wrote:
Oh give me a break. Perry has no ideals, and no ethics. He ran for the office of POTUS and allowed the entire nation to see the extent of his ignorance. Not to mention the fact that he was taking the states money for a job that he wasn't doing while running for POTUS, and the fact that he is now double dipping from the state. The Lt. Governer and State Legislature are the ones who get things done. All Perry is, is a cheer leader, just like he was at A&M. Rah rah rah, nooooooooooooo Perry. Good conservative values my a$$. Let him give back his salary for his POTUS campaign time, half of his double dip money, then tell me about his good conservative values. Untill he does that all I can say to you is BULLS--T.
Texas is the most successful run organization in the country. This is due to conservative valued leadership. California and other states are flocking here because they need steady employment. Success with Perry is everywhere.
Working Class Hero

United States

#17977 May 28, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait until this freedom is taken away. They could leave here, dugh
People have given their life so we can have freedom
What to they think Memorial Day is about?
This is the very reason we are losing our freedom, but it seems they will have to lose this freedom to understand how it came about.
How can people be so ignorant? For those offended by ignorant look up the word.
You're right.Some guy in an earlier post asked me"have we been invaded?"WHAT UNBELIEVABLE STUPIDITY!
Working Class Hero

United States

#17978 May 28, 2013
Pistol Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas is the most successful run organization in the country. This is due to conservative valued leadership. California and other states are flocking here because they need steady employment. Success with Perry is everywhere.
As Texan said, Perry did double dip into state money, technically legal but hardly admirable.For some odd reason, Perry is broke. almost

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fossilfarts 744
Christmas charities Nov 10 MaryJ 1
officer t. montero Nov 6 GUEST 1
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Nov 3 dianek11470 63
League City denies officials' ammunition requests Oct 30 Wild man 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 29 Gasman 543
Fight the Texas Driver Responsibility Law (Apr '08) Oct '14 proudtexan 134

League City News Video

League City Dating
Find my Match

League City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

League City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in League City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:50PM
Cowboys Defense Finally Beginning to Slip Up?
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Texans to Rely on Fitzpatrick, Likely Re-Sign Mallett
Bleacher Report 4:13 PM
Do Cowboys or Eagles Have the Edge in NFC East?
Yahoo! Sports 4:34 PM
Cowboys' Murray no surprise to rushing champ McCoy
Yahoo! Sports 4:48 PM
Playoff contenders feature in US Thanksgiving games