Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
16,121 - 16,140 of 22,265 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
\ Not registered? There are several agencies that would disagree with that. Perhaps you are referring to Topix? I jump around from site to sites. Find no reason to register with any of them. Footloose and fancy free…
I get that. That's why I am not on facebook and don't list my location on topix.
These days, you have to be careful the Gov isn't following you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it True that you want to be feared? Hmmm
Does a face to face meeting with you have some significance?
Liars hate facing Truth? LOL A liar is not a liar if he believes it is true. That’s how one can skirt around facts. I believe, I believe, I believe and Hocus Pocus it is Truth. Ha, ha, ha… What is your Truth? What is my Truth? What is Waco’s Truth? What is Defiant’s Truth? What is Tex’s Truth? Are facts Truth? Are fallacies Truth? Break it down for us or is it just some avatar with a superman complex. Simmering in biases of half Truths and or completely devoid of any rational substance.
Observe you state you never lie! Paradox… That defines you as a liar. You were being sarcastic Right? A way out for you to save FACE…
Be scared \; more sarcasm, Right? Gave up that emotion eons ago. Replaced it with rational respect. Have danced with the devil on several occasions and will may yet have one more dance on my card. You never know when the music will play… once again..

Truth is not determined by the user's beliefs. Truth is the truth, plainly.

If what I say is true, no one can say it's not.
I am not to be feared but apparantly, the truth is to be feared.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
However, Bernard your reaction to"TRUTH"was well stated and presented in an easily understandable manner.As Calvin would say, you had Truth in the crushing grip of logic....(Calvin & Hobbes).
No, he didn't. I didn't even understand most of what he said.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he didn't. I didn't even understand most of what he said.
Ok, I understand.Not being sarcastic.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess, I cannot decipher long, windy observations. I might actually be able to converse with you, if I could follow your thoughts.
That's why I really wish you would summarize or simplify so, it's easier to grasp.
Agnostic won't work, btw. I see it as the same thing as athiesm, just softened. You either follow God or you don't.
Bumper sticker evaluations limit’s the perimeters of a more precise knowledgeable comment.“IF” your ability to follow a fuller account of what is, is what it is. I can’t help you there. Seldom can a bumper sticker comment address the issues efficiently. All I can suggest is that you start to build up your muscles for reading. Try something; reading from more than just one book. Minimize TV. Good Luck…
AS to your god; Do I follow blindly, without a rational respect, I gave that up years ago when flaws and inconsistencies presented themselves. Now I question all… Not a puppet. Have removed those shackles for Truths…
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that. That's why I am not on facebook and don't list my location on topix.
These days, you have to be careful the Gov isn't following you.
Paranoia has been laid to rest with fear. Commenting, with what I consider Truths, I increase my knowledge whenever I’m corrected. Fear to speak my truths at first I noticed it as a flaw. There is no fear than fear itself. Thus paranoia falls to the way side. Government I have danced with on more than few occasion. At times I did misstep in my dance and was corrected. At times we compromised. Other times I was just in my truths and government recognized it as such and amended their conclusions. As with religious personal. They come before me with thoughts that they cannot defend. Find additional knowledge to be gained there minimal. After reading their books. Glean what Truths they exhibit and dismiss the rest, to erroneous human revisions, translations, due to political or some temporary cultural abnormality. Fear and paranoia is no longer required.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is not determined by the user's beliefs. Truth is the truth, plainly.
If what I say is true, no one can say it's not.
I am not to be feared but apparantly, the truth is to be feared.

Agree Truths are not determined by “BELIEFS“.{IF} what you say is truth and no one can refute it. Then your theory has been validated. That it may yet come to be false you must be prepared to take advantage of that, by reconstructing your theory or incorporate the correction and take Action to correct the various policies within that require to be adjusted. Simply the cycle of increasing your knowledge of the “Universal Truths”.
Not to get off subject. Universal Truths has been addressed by those with greater mental abilities than you or I can ever fathom. We can learn from them. One book that could introduce you to a multitude of some of these authors was written by Michael J. Sandel “Justice” What’s the right thing to do. Excellent reading.
Daughter gave me a Kindel Fire. Get books through Amazon for far less the book store price. Also provides me with a huge library to browse through and read at my leisure.
Perhaps then after reading this book. You will find others to wet your appetite for the Universal Truth. Then you will discover Truth is Nothing to fear. Nay; more akin to pursue with joy… As the traditional shackles fall from your Consciousness.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Got you! The term"huckleberry"com es from the movie"Tombstone".As rendered by Val Kilmer, playing DOC H.to Kurt R, who played Wyatt Earp.
Got me? Not yet.. Huckleberry as used by Doc Holiday to Wyatt Earp was to add credence to the character of Doc Holiday being one of education and well read. He was referring to Tom Sawyers side kick Huckleberry from Mark Twains writings. That makes for good reading as well.
Side track to the subject. It is has come up amongst certain individuals that the use of the {N} word be redefined in all of Mark Twain’s works.
{LOL even Topix will not allow the use of the {N} description. Interesting don't you think?}
Especially in the Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry stories. Some say; let it remain for it defines an era of what we were and it should never should be forgotten. Others say; it inflames discontent and should be revised to be more pleasing. Hmmm Does that make you wonder; how many times have cultures, from various epoch’s of time, redefined the definition of earlier texts. How much did politics play in the translations? King Hennery VIII comes to mind, as one example.{Bible}. Have a book in my library, on that subject, if your interested… Good reading..
Time for Change

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

American Pride wrote:
Today we are having a Grand Old Party
We need a Hispanic governor, democratic, who gives a crap about the middle class and poor in this state. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to vote Republican in Texas! Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant!!!
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Texan wrote:
Barney he said I'm your huckleberry, not I am Huckleberry. There is a difference and in the context that he used the word huckleberry he was totally correct. So use all the fifty cent words you wish, you are not near as smart as you would have everyone believe. Once again Barney NOT IMPRESSED!

Tex do actually think Doc was referring to a plant? Just how does that plant’s character fit in with the scene? Impress me…
Huckleberry as used by Doc Holiday to Wyatt Earp was to add credence to the character of Doc Holiday being one of education and well read. He was referring to Tom Sawyers side kick Huckleberry from Mark Twains writings. That makes for good reading as well.
Side track to the subject. It is has come up amongst certain individuals that the use of {Ni } be redefined in all of Mark Twain’s works. Especially in the Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry stories. Some say; let it remain for it defines an era of what we were and it should never should be forgotten. Others say; it inflames discontent and should be revised to be more pleasing. Hmmm Does that make you wonder how many times have cultures from various epoch’s of time redefined the definition of earlier texts. How much did politics play in the translations? King Hennery VIII comes to mind as one example.{Bible}. Have a book in my library, on that subject, if your interested… Good reading..
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, Odumbo is YOUR Messiah. Why else would your head be buried so far in his anal canal that you are always looking at his lower intestines?.
Thanks for the new words to play with, but I don't need your help, you leftist
Commie anal wart.
The NRA doesn't protect the insane peoples right to gun ownership. You leftist freaks protect their status as mental defectives until they can
be used to orchestrate massacres such as Sandy Hook to promote your own
sick UN-American agenda.
A couple more things. I don't really care about fudgepacker politics. That's for you leftist freaks to promote. Also, here are some links to Kommiefornia libtard failures.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-574956...
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...
Your claim that the NRA doesn’t protect the insane peoples right to gun ownership? Is false; NRA has produced a variety of loopholes for any insane person to own a Gun. They can , as well as the criminal element, seek avenues to obtain guns. Through private sales, gifts from one to another, tail gate sales at gun shows, and or just outright theft. Just to mention a few.
If one is found in the hands of a questionable sane person, it becomes difficult for the authorities to take action in removing the weapon from their dying grasp of said weapon.
Various massacres have increased. That we presently simply jail our mentally handicap. We can ascertain, that the education that these mentally handicap individuals received, within that institution, will promote some of them, to be more expressive in their frustrations with the system that presented this scenario to them. By suppressing those loopholes would be to our societies benefit. Additionally; by providing resources that are medically beneficial to the mentally handicap would increase that benefit of security to our society.
Amount of weapons, ammunation and their destructive efficiencies to be regulated wouldn’t hurt.
UnAmerican to promote peace and security. Yes that I'm guilty of.
Although I doubt that the majority of Americans agree with your version of America. Americans are fed up with the violence and the policies that sustains them.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Time for Change wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a Hispanic governor, democratic, who gives a crap about the middle class and poor in this state. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to vote Republican in Texas! Ignorant, ignorant, ignorant!!!
Have to agree with you. Republicans have and are the most destructive force to our Nation’s Democracy.{Presently as it stands}

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Got me? Not yet.. Huckleberry as used by Doc Holiday to Wyatt Earp was to add credence to the character of Doc Holiday being one of education and well read. He was referring to Tom Sawyers side kick Huckleberry from Mark Twains writings. That makes for good reading as well.
Side track to the subject. It is has come up amongst certain individuals that the use of the {N} word be redefined in all of Mark Twain’s works.
{LOL even Topix will not allow the use of the {N} description. Interesting don't you think?}
Especially in the Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry stories. Some say; let it remain for it defines an era of what we were and it should never should be forgotten. Others say; it inflames discontent and should be revised to be more pleasing. Hmmm Does that make you wonder; how many times have cultures, from various epoch’s of time, redefined the definition of earlier texts. How much did politics play in the translations? King Hennery VIII comes to mind, as one example.{Bible}. Have a book in my library, on that subject, if your interested… Good reading..
As many times as Doc used that expression,I doubt he was trying to show off his literary prowess.As for the infamous"N"word, it has apparently been banned from use, in any fashion, by the powers that be.I expect the Clemens'classics to be unheard of in a few years, for that reason alone.Pathetic, this political correctness.
CITIZEN

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I am not sure
Howdy

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Testing
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to agree with you. Republicans have and are the most destructive force to our Nation’s Democracy.{Presently as it stands}
The Republicans say the same thing about the Democrats. You're nothing but a mentally constipated follower that can't think like an American. I don't buy into the hogwash from either party.

Fools and sheep like you think the government is the answer to everything. No wonder why the criminal Obozo administration is getting bolder in taking away peoples freedom. Clinton and Bush were only the beginning of it.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Bernard doesn't understand that both parties are part of this mendacity, he chooses to think that the dems are all light and sugar.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim that the NRA doesn’t protect the insane peoples right to gun ownership? Is false; NRA has produced a variety of loopholes for any insane person to own a Gun. They can , as well as the criminal element, seek avenues to obtain guns. Through private sales, gifts from one to another, tail gate sales at gun shows, and or just outright theft. Just to mention a few.
If one is found in the hands of a questionable sane person, it becomes difficult for the authorities to take action in removing the weapon from their dying grasp of said weapon.
Various massacres have increased. That we presently simply jail our mentally handicap. We can ascertain, that the education that these mentally handicap individuals received, within that institution, will promote some of them, to be more expressive in their frustrations with the system that presented this scenario to them. By suppressing those loopholes would be to our societies benefit. Additionally; by providing resources that are medically beneficial to the mentally handicap would increase that benefit of security to our society.
Amount of weapons, ammunation and their destructive efficiencies to be regulated wouldn’t hurt.
UnAmerican to promote peace and security. Yes that I'm guilty of.
Although I doubt that the majority of Americans agree with your version of America. Americans are fed up with the violence and the policies that sustains them.
The NRA is probably one of the most important organizations in protecting the Constitution, but UN-American dweebs like you don't care about the Constitution.

There is no real increase in massacres. Nothing but left wing horseshit and media hype. Chicago is more dangerous than the war zone in Afghanistan due to the fact that citizens are not allowed to protect themselves. In other words, you need to explain why the cities that ALREADY have tons of gun laws on the books, have the most crime and murders.

Americans are fed up with having the governments boot on their necks while the criminals run amok. The liberal dogma in this country has created most
of the chaos, not law-abiding citizens.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans say the same thing about the Democrats. You're nothing but a mentally constipated follower that can't think like an American. I don't buy into the hogwash from either party.
Fools and sheep like you think the government is the answer to everything. No wonder why the criminal Obozo administration is getting bolder in taking away peoples freedom. Clinton and Bush were only the beginning of it.
Defiant exhibit’s the Freudian theory of self revelation slips. Observe his ODD has him at odds with authority. Rejects any facts presented out of hand. No substance in any reply other than dogmatic unsupported opinions. Within the satin ebony nights with thoughts that he can not defend. One is left with only a continuous repetitious of comments. Bigotry of a narrow mind to facts excludes his ability to evolve. Spiraling ever further into his dark abyss. Irrationalities manifest to construct the walls of his satin ebony nights. Can an old dog learn a new trick? Some think not others ….maybe..

Now Perry has demonstrated the shame of Texas with his back ward income tax and lack of nurturing the infrastructure that supports all facets of the Great SOVERIGN State of Texas. We can see that the lack of education has its effect on their commerce’s .

Now for some meat for the buzzards to knaw on.
Adam Smith’s invisible hand and inequality.
Adam can be considered the father of modern economics. Theory was markets would self regulate as if by an invisible hand. Alas 1929 and 2008 proves is theory is not accurate. Bankers self interest, brought on the fall of Free Markets, as well as to their own demise. Deregulation is now recognized as the nemesis of Free Markets. Regulations a bitter pill for them to accept.
Free Markets unregulated soon dissolves into corruptions, that all of our communities suffers, at the disruptions to commerce. Just as workers and investors are required to align to Free Markets. Then it is obvious Free Markets must as well align themselves to the laborers productivity.
Inequality suffers to markets as well as to their laborers. Mandating the need to address inequality with far more stringent measures than what has been produced up to the present.. From the 1980’s began the deregulation to our Free Markets. Regulations that were imposed by the Great Depression. Next three decades financial, crisis intensified and accumulated in the 2008-2009 great recession.
Republicans are still proclaiming to deregulate and cut taxes to the higher echelons of our society, which once again will increase inequality measures. Thus intensifying and aggregating a return to the cycle of deep recessions and or depressions. Austerity has and is being proven everyday of its failure. Simply due to the inequality that is manifested by its domains.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Bernard doesn't understand that both parties are part of this mendacity, he chooses to think that the dems are all light and sugar.
Mendacity in politics is an argumentative point. That both parties make use of it is to expected and required. It is one of the nature’s of the beast of politicians. How I evaluate our political parties is not by some blind allegiance. Did that once, as a republican, which exposed to me the errors of blind alliances to any party or individual. I base my support to those that I perceive to be the greater good for our humanity.
Distributions of our laborers productivity is one example of how I measure the parties or our leadership. Those advocating Austerity policies raises a red flag . Those that advocate total equality, raise a red flag. Liberal International Free Trade Markets will be the future. Responsible well regulated capitalism will be a major component. It will NOT be the only factor that will be the eventual unified globalization of our humanities.
Observing both parties for the past 80 years on these measures and responsibilities exposes as to which party here in the USA has been the most beneficial to those measurements. Sponsoring a mature path to our equality and inequality. Presently republican party has accelerated to far to inequality producing insecurity. Here and abroad. That is not to say ALL republicans. There are some that retain the vintages of the Grand Old Party. Some I still have voted for.
Now the statisticians at Pedro Santa Clara and Rosen Valknaov have evaluated the two parties on various factors for leadership for the past 80 years a couple of years ago Each president is evaluated and reduced to the numbers. Republicans did not fair well for the most part. Especially in the last 40 years. I have a book in my library on that subject. If your interested. Good reading. I was surprised, as were the statisticians’ were, in what they discovered. Think of it, as a who done it, murder mystery novel…. Leave your emotions back on the dock. Sail out into the light crystal clear blue oceans of reality.
Here is a thought; Examine a well regulated capitalist system and compare it to ours. World Bank does it. Start with Sweden, UK, France and most Scandinavian countries.“IF” memory serves me, the World Bank rates us 37th in being a well regulated capitalist system. Thus you have 36 examples, that have superior methods of capitalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 30 min That Fart Guy 17,854
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 9 hr Gasman 663
cervelle homes, lakeland community, manvel 23 hr Sara 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••

League City News Video

•••
League City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

League City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••