Seabrook Police hiding under Kemah bridge looking for easy money. Disgrace

Posted in the League City Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 8, 2014
ex Seabrook Patron

League City, TX

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Ok so I drive through Seabrook every day(for over 20 years). I shop there, buy food there, and dine there. So this week I noticed in 2 days the Seabrook police were standing under the Kemah bridge looking into cars to see if people were wearing seat belts or had current inspection or registration. That is so important and really addresses the whole protect and serve. The reason I was under the bridge was that when rush hour traffic is bad I drive up Todville rd to get to Kemah. So traffic is filling up the town and 2 officers have nothing better to do than hang out looking for cheap tickets. I know times are hard but this is not the way to make up for it. I will tell everyone I know to not do any business in Seabrook. I will post everywhere I can about the deplorable practice. Seabrook will not get another dime from me. I would be ashamed to be an officer in this town.
SeabrookRes

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 4, 2011
Seabrook cops ARE hard core, but why would you punish the city? So many mom and pop shops strive on that income. It's not their fault the cops are sitting under the bridge passing out tickets to everyone that passes through.
From the tone of this post, sounds like you might have been cited. Is that the case?
ex Seabrook Patron

League City, TX

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Actually no I did not get a citation. In fact in 22 years of driving through Seabrook on my way to and from work I have never gotten a ticket there. I drive between Kemah and Baytown and the only ticket in 22 years is in LaPorte which has even worse cops and speed traps. I don't stop in LaPorte either and I grew up there. I hate to punish the mom and pop shops there but how else can I make my point. The citizens of Seabrook are the only ones who can stop this. I am tired of Cities who can't make ends meet using their police force as a money grab. Cut spending, raise taxes but do not use police as a source of raising more money. That is not their purpose. I have dealt with Seabrook police before with one of my kids in a traffic accident years ago and they were pretty nice. I have never felt they ran too many speed traps. Obey the limit and you are fine. They don't usually resort to trickery to get people like LaPorte does.
Support Your Police

Pearland, TX

#4 Apr 15, 2011
So you don't like the LaPorte Police, and the Seabrook Police......if you follow the laws by wearing your seatbelt, and have your registration and inspection current you should'nt care wear they are hiding out.

LaPorte and Seabrook won't go broke because your not buying anything on your way back to your trailer.

If you need help I would expect you to NOT call 911, that only brings the police.
So Police are Perfect

Irving, TX

#5 Apr 15, 2011
So since they are police they are perfect? I get tired of people who think police should never be questioned on their actions. I never once said I hated police or anything I just said the police and cities using these tactics really are only about money and not about my safety. Running speed traps on feeder roads with very little traffic and hiding under the Kemah bridge have nothing to do with safety. Meanwhile people are going 80 on the actual hwy and driving reckless with no police bothering them. Why? Because two police can’t pull over multiple drivers at once like they can on the feeder. More band for the buck! I don’t blame the actual officers because I hope that when they signed up for the job they thought they would get to actually protect and serve and not that they would be used as pawns to make up for cities tax shortfalls. It has got to be depressing pulling over soccer moms going 45 in a 40 on a feeder while real crimes and danger are out there. Then again not much money can be collected from protecting people from crime. Catching a thief or rapist just will not fill the city coffers. Heck I drive through Shoreacres everyday and I know they are on 146 all the time in plain site catching people who are “Really” a hazard. I can respect that. Even with the current 45mph construction zone I have not seen them pulling over 2 or 3 minor speeders at once. Of course you showed your true colors with the whole trailer comment. Resorting to insults and name calling. Real classy. I will call 911 in an emergency since I pay my taxes and expect the police to arrive and help me. That is they are not too busy handing out seatbelt tickets.
Chris

United States

#6 Nov 24, 2011
Kemah cops are the worse cops there are a tiny ploice stashion trying to turn big profits to get there huge bonus every year best advice do everything you can to stay away from kemah
noway

Seabrook, TX

#7 Jun 8, 2013
What a dumb post.
ms represent

Houston, TX

#8 May 2, 2014
Anything that deters commuters like you from filling up Todville during rush hour makes me happy. I'm starting a one woman campaign to drive as slow as possible on Todville during rush hour so maybe you will stick to 146 instead of ruining the commute for the Seabrook and El Jardin people who actually need Todville to get to and from their homes.
Get over it

Louisville, KY

#9 May 8, 2014
Seriously follow the rules and you wouldnt hate them. I had a seabrook cop stop me over inspection sticker i simply told him we were going to go that second to get it inspected since it had been non running for awhile and he let me go. Just because you were in a rush to get home you get your panties in a wad
ex Seabrook Patron

League City, TX

#10 May 8, 2014
I think as a resident of Kemah I have just as much right to use Toddville as you. I have lived here all my life which is why I even know about Toddville. That said I drive the limit and obey all the laws, I'd just rather the Seabrook police pull over speeders on Toddville than look for cheap easy inspection sticker tickets.
ms represent wrote:
Anything that deters commuters like you from filling up Todville during rush hour makes me happy. I'm starting a one woman campaign to drive as slow as possible on Todville during rush hour so maybe you will stick to 146 instead of ruining the commute for the Seabrook and El Jardin people who actually need Todville to get to and from their homes.
ex Seabrook Patron

League City, TX

#11 May 8, 2014
I do obey they laws and have a clean record. I just hate fat lazy cops. All cops are not fat and lazy but there are many who are. How about they bust red light runners and those blocking the intersection at Nasa 1? The cop under the bridge was just being lazy and looking for easy tickets. He does not care a lick about public safety. It's just a money grab
Get over it wrote:
Seriously follow the rules and you wouldnt hate them. I had a seabrook cop stop me over inspection sticker i simply told him we were going to go that second to get it inspected since it had been non running for awhile and he let me go. Just because you were in a rush to get home you get your panties in a wad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 14 min Responsibility 22,326
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 17,901
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 10 hr That Fart Guy 526
Main 101 Grill and Bar always on the Edge even ... 17 hr Main Street Patron 6
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sat That Fart Guy 770
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Fri That Fart Guy 722
What was on fire this afternoon Aug 29 Kitty 1
•••

League City News Video

•••
•••

League City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

League City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE