EMS charged with sexually assaulting ...

EMS charged with sexually assaulting teen

There are 113 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Sep 14, 2007, titled EMS charged with sexually assaulting teen. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

“We've gotten a lot of compliments from citizens who have been under his care.”

Police charged a Friendswood emergency medical service lieutenant with aggravated sexual assault of a child after family members of a 13-year-old girl reported that she had been raped. via KHOU-TV Houston

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

bsemt

Tyler, TX

#83 Jun 14, 2008
katie hakstead, i have personally seen her manipulate people around her to gain things she wants. whether monitary or just attention, i know the accused and although the way our system works he is having to endure this mess and will forever have this smudge i believe justice will be served on KATIE HALSTEAD FOR THE SLANDER AND LIABLE TOWARDS JOSH to qoute her"But my job as a mother and a person is to protect her and any other child from a monster like Josh Kiessling."
Mamato6

Texas City, TX

#84 Jun 14, 2008
Was it the mom that was molested by a 30 year old? I thought it was a 13 year old that was molested by a 30 year old. What you think or don't think of the mom isn't what matters. Did he or did he not molest a 13 year old girl? That is what this is about. It does not matter what the mom's reputation is, what the mom may or may not have done in her life. He was charged with and arrested for molesting a child. That is not the child or the mom's fault. So typical of some people to blame the victim in these sort of cases. Has this gone to court for yet?
Mamato6

Texas City, TX

#85 Jun 21, 2008
Any news on this case yet?
DJJ

Houston, TX

#86 Jun 23, 2008
Mamato6 wrote:
Any news on this case yet?
Case was dropped..........she was lying !
Mamato6

Texas City, TX

#87 Jun 24, 2008
DJJ wrote:
<quoted text> Case was dropped..........she was lying !
WOW...I searched for a story on it and could not find anything in the news! I am sure if this is true they will be filing charges on the other people for perjury. Please post the link to the news story that shows this was dropped and he was cleared.
babygirl

Corpus Christi, TX

#88 Jun 24, 2008
hello ibelive the little girl some what but on the same hand where was the mom when this rape was going on i thought under age children had to have aparent with them in to ride in the ems 9if this was my child i would be more cautious we do have ems (cops)schoolteachers[etc.who do this and dont thing] this hurts every one involved we need to change the way we raise our childern i protect to my they go no were unless i look on ems or not god bless this family i hope they will beok i went thru this and now the girl is changeing her mind but its to late we were hurt for her mistake god bless this family
Mamato6

Texas City, TX

#89 Jun 24, 2008
babygirl wrote:
hello ibelive the little girl some what but on the same hand where was the mom when this rape was going on i thought under age children had to have aparent with them in to ride in the ems 9if this was my child i would be more cautious we do have ems (cops)schoolteachers[etc.who do this and dont thing] this hurts every one involved we need to change the way we raise our childern i protect to my they go no were unless i look on ems or not god bless this family i hope they will beok i went thru this and now the girl is changeing her mind but its to late we were hurt for her mistake god bless this family
I thought the news article said he had gone to the 13 year olds home when her mom was not there. I did not hear that the child rode the ambulance with him.
Mamato6

Texas City, TX

#90 Jul 1, 2008
Still no word on this case? A link to a news article concerning the disposition?
sherlock

Fishersville, VA

#91 Dec 21, 2008
bla bla bla wrote:
sounds like some lil girl that got mad because she didnt get what she wanted n yelled rape!!!!!that lil girl has alotta proving to do!!!!
This story seems to have just gone by the wayside in the past year, just like the storey of his friend and fellow EMT worker, Daniel Logan Currie. It was earlier reported that he received probation for sexual abuse of a girl under 13 years of age. No one has mentioned his conviction in juvenile court of repeatedly molesting a VERY young boy. I suspect that both of these guys are back on the EMT rig like nothing happened. No follow-up stories on any of this?
Seriously people

San Antonio, TX

#92 Jan 7, 2009
Unbelievable. The guy has a perfect reputation his whole life, then some nobody with a MUCH less perfect reputation (the mom) has her daughter make an accusation. Period. No trial yet. No evidence produced. No witnesses or physical evidence - yet his job just ended, his reputation just ended, basically his life just ended and all on one single accusation. It's total bs that anyone should have that kind of power over anyone elses life.
And most of the posters here just assume he's probably guilty.
Maybe everyone should take a breath and let the law work the way it's supposed to... this might sound familiar: innocent until proven guilty.
He does not have the burden of proof - they do.
Concerned

Irving, TX

#93 Jan 19, 2009
Yes it takes a strong person to work in EMS just as it does in any high stress job field. However, how am I supposed to trust somebody to save my life when they want to take their own? As for the court part of this, it is a very sad story. No matter who is telling the truth or who isn't. I'm sure there is a very gray area on both parties accounts as far as this story goes.
the mother

Houston, TX

#94 Feb 13, 2009
As of Feb. 2009, Joshua Kiessling Pled guilty to aggrivated sexual assualt of a child. Check within 30 days , he will be registered as a sex offender for life.So if you thought he was not guilty.. he stood in court and admitted it on his own free will.
bsemt wrote:
katie hakstead, i have personally seen her manipulate people around her to gain things she wants. whether monitary or just attention, i know the accused and although the way our system works he is having to endure this mess and will forever have this smudge i believe justice will be served on KATIE HALSTEAD FOR THE SLANDER AND LIABLE TOWARDS JOSH to qoute her"But my job as a mother and a person is to protect her and any other child from a monster like Josh Kiessling."
Known

Wilmington, NC

#95 Feb 14, 2009
Seriously people wrote:
Unbelievable. The guy has a perfect reputation his whole life, then some nobody with a MUCH less perfect reputation (the mom) has her daughter make an accusation. Period. No trial yet. No evidence produced. No witnesses or physical evidence - yet his job just ended, his reputation just ended, basically his life just ended and all on one single accusation. It's total bs that anyone should have that kind of power over anyone elses life.
And most of the posters here just assume he's probably guilty.
Maybe everyone should take a breath and let the law work the way it's supposed to... this might sound familiar: innocent until proven guilty.
He does not have the burden of proof - they do.
You are ridiculous, just because someone has a perfect reputation doesnt mean that they can not do wrong! You are attacking a 13 yr old. How mature. Do you honestly think that THe mother would put her daughter through this. I do know them very well and there is no way she would allow her daughter to go through this if it wasnt true. Its sad how all ya'll people come on here and bash them for speaking the truth. Especially for supposedly being grown adults, you are acting more like a five yr old. Its alot to have to go through and for the daughter to have to go to counseling and i have seen the damage first hand and how it affected her. I hope you are happy that you can bash someone who is 13. its pathetic.
Oh my

Santa Fe, TX

#96 Feb 14, 2009
I guess all the defender's of him and the ones who have slandered the victim are having second thoughts about what they said or at least I would hope. Or are you now going to say he just confessed to get this over with. I would please like to know how the mother was ever going to get money out of him. No, matter what she has or has not done in her life she would never put her child through something like this. I am so glad that this is done and over with as far as the court is concerned and that he gave her some peace. Maybe she can now try and move on. I think you all that called her a liar owe that child an apology, because all you did is abuse her all over again. I hope no one ever does this to anyone you love and this is how they get treated.I know all of you that love Josh are hurting and I am so sorry for your pain. I hope and pray everyone involved gets the help they need. This is why people do not report this kind of crime because of the abuse they have to endure while it is proved.
the mother wrote:
As of Feb. 2009, Joshua Kiessling Pled guilty to aggrivated sexual assualt of a child. Check within 30 days , he will be registered as a sex offender for life.So if you thought he was not guilty.. he stood in court and admitted it on his own free will.
<quoted text>
The Facts

Santa Fe, TX

#97 Feb 14, 2009
Ex-EMS worker gets 6 years for aggravated sexual assault
2:59 PM Fri, Feb 13, 2009 | Permalink
Juanita Jimenez

A former Friendswood EMS worker has been sentenced to six years probation for aggravated sexual assault, according to court records.

Reports indicate that Josh Kiessling's victim is a 13-year-old girl.

Officials say that the charges against Kiessling first surfaced in 2007. He was released on $20,000 bond then.

Police say he was arrested after the girl's family contacted police.

I understand first offense, and a plea agreement,to get someone to admit there guilt. But, probation for a man who had sex with a child. Welcome to the world of justice,where the victim gets called names and the criminal gets probation. What happens if he does this again, will all of these people attack another innocent child. I just found this website and I am appalled at the things I read. All of you that attacked this child should be ashamed for the abuse that you have done. I pray she never saw any of this. But, seeing her friends posted I am sure she has. You have caused her so much extra pain. that she should not have had to endure. I hope that you find it some where in your heart to some how reach out and apologize to this child. I will keep her in my prayers. I would like the young lady for standing up and enduring all that she has to see justice was served and remove one more adult who thinks it is alright to have sex with a child.
Another Mom

Texas City, TX

#98 Feb 17, 2009
The Facts wrote:
Ex-EMS worker gets 6 years for aggravated sexual assault
2:59 PM Fri, Feb 13, 2009 | Permalink
Juanita Jimenez
A former Friendswood EMS worker has been sentenced to six years probation for aggravated sexual assault, according to court records.
Reports indicate that Josh Kiessling's victim is a 13-year-old girl.
Officials say that the charges against Kiessling first surfaced in 2007. He was released on $20,000 bond then.
Police say he was arrested after the girl's family contacted police.
I understand first offense, and a plea agreement,to get someone to admit there guilt. But, probation for a man who had sex with a child. Welcome to the world of justice,where the victim gets called names and the criminal gets probation. What happens if he does this again, will all of these people attack another innocent child. I just found this website and I am appalled at the things I read. All of you that attacked this child should be ashamed for the abuse that you have done. I pray she never saw any of this. But, seeing her friends posted I am sure she has. You have caused her so much extra pain. that she should not have had to endure. I hope that you find it some where in your heart to some how reach out and apologize to this child. I will keep her in my prayers. I would like the young lady for standing up and enduring all that she has to see justice was served and remove one more adult who thinks it is alright to have sex with a child.
It is sad that he got only probation. He should have had to serve hard time.
mom who cares

Houston, TX

#99 Feb 19, 2009
First off I would like my prayers to go to ur family and most of all your daughter.This monster will pay in the system.My 11 daughter was also a victim in sexual assualt the only difference the monster was a 12 year girl.Did I care what the age, or the fact it was a female. HELL no She vicitimized my daughter.This case was taken to court Galveston county and this monster was CONVICTED of sexual assult at the age of 13. JUSTICE served... NOT..... Now this little monster is 17 walking around our town taunting my daughter bc of the actions SHE caused on herself.She now has to register as a sex offender until she is 25 What a stiff sentence.Hopefully this man that done this to your daughter will ROTT N JAIL
A Mom

United States

#100 Feb 21, 2009
Seriously people wrote:
Unbelievable. The guy has a perfect reputation his whole life, then some nobody with a MUCH less perfect reputation (the mom) has her daughter make an accusation. Period. No trial yet. No evidence produced. No witnesses or physical evidence - yet his job just ended, his reputation just ended, basically his life just ended and all on one single accusation. It's total bs that anyone should have that kind of power over anyone else s life.
And most of the posters here just assume he's probably guilty.
Maybe everyone should take a breath and let the law work the way it's supposed to... this might sound familiar: innocent until proven guilty.
He does not have the burden of proof - they do.
I am guessing now we can let our breath out. And, make sure our children are never around someone with a perfect reputation. So, from my understanding of a child molester. There is never witness's around. Because, they would never have sex with a child if there was a witness. The victim is usually smoothed talked into having sex,raped,threatened. A person who does this always knows when a child is vulnerable. The victim does not always tell and so there usually is no DNA and only signs of sexual activity. That is the reason it takes so long to bring the case to trial, they have to cross their T's and dot the I's. That and the defense is good at getting it postponed. Now, the state had the doctors statements from where the victim is checked and now they have his statement. So, This man had total power over a child when this happened. Not the mom, this man. This child ended her child hood and ended any shred of innocence. He may have lost his reputation but, she lost so much more. So, yes innocent until proven guilty. But, on the slight chance the person is guilty. You should think before you attack any victim. This was still a child with a child's mind and one that is going through hell. If she was calling out for help as one of the people said. Why did you not help. She was asking for help and the only one she thought she could turn to ended up as her abuser. Now, she has more problems on top of the ones she had. I pray this child gets the help she needs and grows into a wonderful adult. She reaches all of her hopes and dreams and does not let this keep her down.
the mother

Houston, TX

#101 Feb 23, 2009
Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.
Another Mom

Texas City, TX

#102 Feb 26, 2009
the mother wrote:
Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.
You are very welcome. I cannot believe the people that have been so rude to you and your daughter. You have proven those few wrong. As I said, it's too bad he did not go to jail. That's where he deserves to be. Good luck and God Bless you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i love kickboxing League City Jun 19 Amanda Wilkinson 2
Review: Law Offices Of Jerome Karam (Aug '13) Jun 17 Jasmine 5
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Jun 10 Steven 78
breaking down Friendswood (Aug '06) Jun 4 Vote 33
Drainage fees May '16 jgarcia 1
News 18-Year-Old Microbiologist Develops Fuel Cells ... May '16 Solarman 1

League City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

League City Mortgages