Police say Friendswood teen was a vic...

Police say Friendswood teen was a victim of a revenge killing

There are 66 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Jun 1, 2007, titled Police say Friendswood teen was a victim of a revenge killing. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

Police say a Friendswood teen was the victim of a revenge killing. James Russell, 16, was reportedly driving around shooting people with a B-B gun when one of the boys he shot at ran over him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Friendswood Mom

United States

#1 Jun 1, 2007
It was not James Dylan Russell that was driving the car or shooting a pellet gun. He was in the car but not doing the actual shooting.
Friendswood Mom

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2007
At the time he was hurt he was outside the car standing in front of the car when the other kid with the truck came around the corner and hit the car from the back. Causing Dylan to get hit by the car and getting thrown to the ground where his head hit the curb.
Bull

United States

#3 Jun 4, 2007
Whoever this is is dumb- dylan was standing up against the back of the car when the truck hit the back- the right part of the truck hit dylans right side- my father had to wipe the blood off the back of the car so dont talk if you dont know
Mel

Fayetteville, TX

#4 Jun 4, 2007
I just recently moved out of friendswood. I'm glad I did. My boys knew Dylan and he was a good kid. However, Walter the one driving the red pickup is a punk. He has shot his bb gun at both of my boys at different times and we went and confronted the parents and they didn't care. It all comes down to how the kids are raised and these that live on Lucian and the corner of Oxnard by Oxnard park are nothing but trouble and they use drugs...
F_C_Tigers

United States

#5 Jun 4, 2007
was Dylan also called Blake Long
Truth

United States

#6 Jun 6, 2007
is sometimes twisted. There was no shooting per se, Dylan was an innocent bystander, no person of any age (being 17 is not exscusable) should use a vehicle of over a ton as a weapon.
Crashing into and crushing a boy to death at 30mph calls for Walter being charged as an adult and prosecuted for a felony...otherwise another compulsive act of anger could kill another.
Just

United States

#7 Jun 7, 2007
The autopsy has been released and it proves that the other teen involved did not hit the young man with his vehicle. People should watch what they post as you may not have all the facts. In order to make a comment you should know that facts before you post what you need to say. The young man was not crushed (truth). Place yourself in the shoes of the young man involved, dont post out of anger, be fair and learn the facts before you post things that are not true, ie. being crushed. Have you considered that you may be posting something that is not true and in turn may cause anger against against someone that may qute well be innocent? Watch what you say because it may come back to get you, like being crushed this is innacurate. In this time of need we should think of the families involved and try not to add anything that is not true as you raise accusations, lets let the police handle the legal aspect, and let us lean toward one another and open our hearts rather than shed anger when in fact none of us know the truth
tasha

United States

#8 Jun 8, 2007
Mel wrote:
I just recently moved out of friendswood. I'm glad I did. My boys knew Dylan and he was a good kid. However, Walter the one driving the red pickup is a punk. He has shot his bb gun at both of my boys at different times and we went and confronted the parents and they didn't care. It all comes down to how the kids are raised and these that live on Lucian and the corner of Oxnard by Oxnard park are nothing but trouble and they use drugs...
Excuse me you must know walter cuz the one i know is a good kid compare to tha rest...i c all the other ones walking around on drugs with there heads down looking depressed,and walter on the other hand is just outgoing unlike tha rest,he truly is a good kid(I have a disabled sister and when he would come over he would take time and stop to say hi unlike tha rest who would just walk right passed her.)And u know yall really need to think be4 say stuff,and dont judge him just because of wut happened.I think bout how his family is going thru. he very close to his lil brother,they were always together if was skating or going fishing....all im saying is think bout it...he didnt do it on purpose!
fuckyou

Tomball, TX

#9 Jun 8, 2007
Just wrote:
The autopsy has been released and it proves that the other teen involved did not hit the young man with his vehicle. People should watch what they post as you may not have all the facts. In order to make a comment you should know that facts before you post what you need to say. The young man was not crushed (truth). Place yourself in the shoes of the young man involved, dont post out of anger, be fair and learn the facts before you post things that are not true, ie. being crushed. Have you considered that you may be posting something that is not true and in turn may cause anger against against someone that may qute well be innocent? Watch what you say because it may come back to get you, like being crushed this is innacurate. In this time of need we should think of the families involved and try not to add anything that is not true as you raise accusations, lets let the police handle the legal aspect, and let us lean toward one another and open our hearts rather than shed anger when in fact none of us know the truth
----------
First off, right off the bat we all know you don't know what you're talking about from "facts" or personal knowing. What you read or hear from the autopsy says NOTHING of what went on that night. You're the one telling people to get there facts straight before they post comments when you're posting bullshit that you're hearing or reading from the papers.. In my opinion you have no right to say anything at all, and then we come to the part where you talk about how we might be talking wrong about an innocent kid but Walter's official statement shows him admitting to try to hurt and kill Dylan. I KNOW THE TRUTH, from many different perspectives. We all have a right to be mad at a boy who stole the life of one of my best friends; James Dylan Russell and you have no right to talk period. I really hopes this comes back to bite YOU.
thank you.
rip james dylan russell 5/31/07 i love you & you will be missed.
Mel

United States

#10 Jun 14, 2007
The Walter accused of this lived on the corner of Lucian. I knew him and he did shoot his bb gun at my boys which is uncalled for. He had no respect for adults. Like I said if his parents cared they would have taken the bb gun away from him 2 years ago when he did this to my boys. However they didn't. He had a problem with anger and does not know how to deal with it or this would have never happened.
tasha wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me you must know walter cuz the one i know is a good kid compare to tha rest...i c all the other ones walking around on drugs with there heads down looking depressed,and walter on the other hand is just outgoing unlike tha rest,he truly is a good kid(I have a disabled sister and when he would come over he would take time and stop to say hi unlike tha rest who would just walk right passed her.)And u know yall really need to think be4 say stuff,and dont judge him just because of wut happened.I think bout how his family is going thru. he very close to his lil brother,they were always together if was skating or going fishing....all im saying is think bout it...he didnt do it on purpose!
A Family Member of Dylan

Arlington, TX

#11 Jun 14, 2007
All I want to say at this time about the accident is the report they keep saying about the truck hitting a car that then lurched forward and hit Dylan is totally incorrect. The truck was aimed at hitting the car at the end of the drivway and in the process the truck hit the car in the driveway and Dylan who was standing by it. Whether it was on purpose or not is not relevent. The bottom line is Walter (this is his words)got in the truck (a deadly weapon) with the intent of going and doing harm or damage to someones property and in the process, killed a precious member of our family. We love you Dylan, love and peace to your precious soul. We'll see you heaven someday...
Laura

Dallas, TX

#12 Jun 15, 2007
Mel wrote:
I just recently moved out of friendswood. I'm glad I did. My boys knew Dylan and he was a good kid. However, Walter the one driving the red pickup is a punk. He has shot his bb gun at both of my boys at different times and we went and confronted the parents and they didn't care. It all comes down to how the kids are raised and these that live on Lucian and the corner of Oxnard by Oxnard park are nothing but trouble and they use drugs...
First off walter is not a "punk" this was all an accident and his mom is a very good mom to him and raises him right walter is a good caring person and he would never intentionally hurt someone..and your boys probably did something to deserve walter shooting at them..youre stupid
Randall Martin

United States

#13 Jun 18, 2007
I'm not going to post any kind of argument on this or anything...I just wanted to get on here and say that I only knew Dylan for maybe 2 and half, 3, months, and he was one of the most amazing kids I'd ever met.
All of you guys need to stop worrying about what happened and how so..all that matters now is that it DID happen, and there's nothing you can do to change it dude...you gotta live with it...Every single time I ever saw Dylan, he was always happy and going off to do something, he never wasted anytime just sitting like normal teens do dude...He was always happy, never confrontational or angry or depressed which in my eyes meant that when he passed on, it was what was supposed to happen, Dylan had served the purpose that God had put him on the Earth to do and it was just..his time to go dude...He did his deed and kept straight with everyone he knew and that was that..

I love you Dylan..
See you in Heaven Rat King.
Concerned Party

Burnet, TX

#14 Jun 23, 2007
There is no reason for people to attack the character of any of the involved parties in this case. However, the fact remains that Walter got in a truck and left his home with the intention of crashing into another boy's car...not exactly a normal reaction to horseplay between kids.
After he hit Dylan with the truck, Walter got out of his truck and punched the boy he was mad at (the owner of the damaged car), then got back in the truck, left the scene, and went home; this was a hit and run, which makes it worse. Everyone knows that you don't leave the scene of an accident. It would seem that Walter has a problem with anger management and self control.
Dylan was not driving the car, or shooting the pellet gun. Dylan hadn't done anything to Walter, and he did not deserve to die. He was a good kid who made good grades, had never served a day of detention in his life, and had never skipped school. He followed the rules set by his parents, and was an obedient kid. His teachers and the other students liked him, and had nothing but good things to say about him. Over 300 people attended his funeral. This whole thing is a crying shame.
gama

AOL

#15 Jun 23, 2007
Blame and anger sovle nothing. Pray for the family members on both sides. They are all suffering.
Mel

Tomball, TX

#16 Jun 30, 2007
Laura wrote:
<quoted text> First off walter is not a "punk" this was all an accident and his mom is a very good mom to him and raises him right walter is a good caring person and he would never intentionally hurt someone..and your boys probably did something to deserve walter shooting at them..youre stupid
My kids were riding their bikes by their house. They are several years younger than Walter. Walter has a mouth on him and doesn't know when to stop. Can't wait to see how he likes prison....becoming someones bitch there. No the shoes on the other foot. If he was raised right this would have never happened. By the way no one deserves being shot at no matter what the circumstances are. They should have never had the bb guns to begin with. Don't ever call a adult stupid and then say the stupid comment you said. My boys deserved to be shot at. I guess your telling me Dylan deserved to die because of Walters anger issues. You need to grow up and see what is really happening.
NEZ

Irving, TX

#17 Jul 2, 2007
i 100% agree with mel. I personally knew walter and he may be the sweet good kid in front of his parents and his friends parents but to the rest of the world and all the other kids in the neighborhood that he doesnt like or doesnt no he is a complete a**hole. Walter along with his little brother and all their friends would always hang out in front of their house shooting their bb guns at any kid they didnt like. they would always jump out in the middle of the street even if they saw a car coming and then they have the nerve to start cursing at you because you honked at them for jumping in the middle of the street with their skateboards. and LAURA it doesnt matter what mels boys did or didnt say or do to walter NO ONE deserves to get shot at.
and for the nigth of the murder this never would have happened if walters parents were watching him and who lets their kids take off in a mercedes especially if they r under 18 at almost 10pm with bb guns if all the parties involved had been paying attention to where and what their kids were doing this may have been prevented, but unfortunatly it did and walter knew what he was doing when he got in his truck and drove after dylan and the other kid so walter deserves to go to prison and i hope they charge his sorry ass as an adult and put him away 4 life with out the possibility of parole.
i dont care if u agree with me or not thats my opinion.
lala

Mcallen, TX

#18 Jul 2, 2007
mel shut up.
you have no place in this.
instead of ranting about it,
how bout you pray?
Mandrew - Friendswood

Houston, TX

#19 Jul 3, 2007
Wow, I am completely amazed at the audacity of some of you. Who are you to judge someone elses parenting skills? Who are you to judge, period? I can't possibly imagine what either family must be going through. They need support and kindness and most of all forgiveness. Mel, you need a little forgiveness too. I can't imagine what you would do if one of your little angels did something in bad judgement. I hope it is in the papers so we can blast you!
Mel

Houston, TX

#20 Jul 3, 2007
I do pray about this. I pray for everybody to get along and bring peace. By the way I do have a place in this considering I still have family living in Friendswood and still visit Friendswood quite a bit. Now if you kids would grow up and put yourself in adults shoes you would understand why we don't understand why you do the things you do? One more thing I'm not judging when this is my opinion and everybody has a right to their own opinion just like you do. I don't know you and really don't care to know you until you get married and have kids to understand where we come from. You will do anything to protect you kids..
lala wrote:
mel shut up.
you have no place in this.
instead of ranting about it,
how bout you pray?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

League City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i love kickboxing League City (May '16) Jun 25 Darth fart mask 18
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jul '16) Jun 24 Defiant farter 25
News Endeavour first of many high-rises for Clear Lake (Apr '08) Jun 23 Farts needed 108
Review: iLoveKickboxing- League City Jun 20 Crouching fart 5
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Jun 3 Fart improvement 93
Bacliff Tx (Nov '07) May '17 Can Phartsz 38
News Residents warn city that Chick-fil-A would turn... Apr '17 PlentyPhartx 4

League City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

League City Mortgages