SCAM WARNING fire tag reminders in your mailbox

Posted in the Leadwood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
charles

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2012
This is a scam. if you live in the bismarck fire protection district you are not required to buy a fire tag. You can not be charged for services either. call the state fire marshals office and they will confirm these tag reminders are just a scam.
Capt Chuck

Saint Peters, MO

#2 Nov 30, 2012
charles wrote:
This is a scam. if you live in the bismarck fire protection district you are not required to buy a fire tag. You can not be charged for services either. call the state fire marshals office and they will confirm these tag reminders are just a scam.
This is not me, however he is right that if you live in a fire protection district you are not required to buy a tag and you can not be charged for services. I wouldn't call it a scam though, I believe it's a request for donations.
question..

United States

#3 Nov 30, 2012
How can they request a $10 late fee when it's purely a donation????
Capt Chuck

Saint Peters, MO

#4 Nov 30, 2012
[QUOTE who="question.. "]How can they request a $10 late fee when it's purely a donation????[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how they can do that because a Fire Protection District is tax based (except Bismarck because the people voted against the tax). If you live in a Fire Protection District, the district is financialy responsible and anyone operating in that district can't charge the citizens because the district has to pay. People may volunteer to donate money, or the district can hold fundraisers. The FD can't charge anyone, or assess penalties because the Association technically no lnger exists after the fire protection district was voted into existence. I know this because I work for a Fire Protection District, and thank God it is tax funded or I wouldn't get paid.
question..

United States

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Capt Chuck wrote:
[QUOTE who="question.. "]How can they request a $10 late fee when it's purely a donation????"

I'm not sure how they can do that because a Fire Protection District is tax based (except Bismarck because the people voted against the tax). If you live in a Fire Protection District, the district is financialy responsible and anyone operating in that district can't charge the citizens because the district has to pay. People may volunteer to donate money, or the district can hold fundraisers. The FD can't charge anyone, or assess penalties because the Association technically no lnger exists after the fire protection district was voted into existence. I know this because I work for a Fire Protection District, and thank God it is tax funded or I wouldn't get paid.
Ok thanks for the info!!
wtf

East Prairie, MO

#6 Dec 2, 2012
oh my god!! will you please get over it already!! The election is over and it did not pass so let everyone get on with their lives. Everyone is getting tired of all the petty bickering and back stabbing. this is just juvenile and we are all tired of hearing it. who the f cares anymore, move on...
Capt Chuck

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 2, 2012
wtf wrote:
oh my god!! will you please get over it already!! The election is over and it did not pass so let everyone get on with their lives. Everyone is getting tired of all the petty bickering and back stabbing. this is just juvenile and we are all tired of hearing it. who the f cares anymore, move on...
Somebody asked a question and I gave them an answer. Maybe if more poeple would have asked questions and been given factual answers, the tax would have passed. If the tax would have passed, the fire department would have had guaranteed funding. If more businesses moved to Bismarck there might have been enough money to hire some full time firefighters. But you are so right, nobody cares, so it'll always be what it is.
Everyone Needs To Care

Farmington, MO

#8 Dec 3, 2012
It seems it is not just a matter of bickering..its a matter of obeying laws.

There is no law that states a rural fire dept can override the fire district that they are a part of, and there is no law that states that people have to buy a tag from that same rural to ensure fire protection, and there is no law that states that same rural can charge an emergency fee if someone did not buy a fire tag.

The district board needs to step up and take the control that is rightfully theirs before they all end up getting sued or find the entire department going broke!

Because there ARE laws, both state & federal that the district has to follow because THEY are the only ones who are authorized to provide and oversee fire protection within their boundaries...NOT the rural, city or county!
tag holder

Ironton, MO

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Capt Chuck wrote:
[QUOTE who="question.. "]How can they request a $10 late fee when it's purely a donation????"

The distrik dos not run the fire department the assocation dos
To Tag Holder

Farmington, MO

#10 Dec 4, 2012
The rural asociaton is breaking every law in the book by insisting upon "running the fire dept."

The district may be unfunded, but it is still a district, and has ALL the rights and powers of any other fire district in the state.

Their number 1 right is to be the governing body of the fire dept. If you don't know these laws by now, then I have no hope for you or the rinky-dink rural.

The state of Missouri is preparing to begin stricter enforcement of district laws, thanks to our own little screwed up situation.

There were a lot of eyes watching our situation, and due to the outcome, there has been much discussion regarding the laws. It was decided that the laws are fine as they are, they just need to be enforced.

So, either the rural, the city, and yes, even the county, along with the district will abide by the laws, or they will suffer the consequences.
They suck

Park Hills, MO

#11 Dec 5, 2012
After a 10 min. Response time this morning would you buy a fire tag. What all can happen in those 5-7 mins
The right blah

Farmington, MO

#12 Dec 6, 2012
They suck wrote:
After a 10 min. Response time this morning would you buy a fire tag. What all can happen in those 5-7 mins
Seriously, 10 min. unless it is right next door there is no way they can get to the firehouse,get on gear,get in trucks and there any quicker. Do you suggest they grow wings. Get a life people, its time to move on. Let it go
They suck

United States

#13 Dec 6, 2012
The right blah wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, 10 min. unless it is right next door there is no way they can get to the firehouse,get on gear,get in trucks and there any quicker. Do you suggest they grow wings. Get a life people, its time to move on. Let it go
Are you stupid the chief lives 30 seconds away. Why did park hills make it to monecello bus lines before bismarck responded. They had to do the same thing
The right blah

Farmington, MO

#14 Dec 6, 2012
They suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid the chief lives 30 seconds away. Why did park hills make it to monecello bus lines before bismarck responded. They had to do the same thing
No i'm not stupid, but maybe someone was at Park hills department when the call came in. It doesn't matter how close you live you dumbass. Maybe the chief was eating,showering,or not home. My god you people are so messed up
Citizen x

Park Hills, MO

#15 Dec 6, 2012
The right blah wrote:
<quoted text>No i'm not stupid, but maybe someone was at Park hills department when the call came in. It doesn't matter how close you live you dumbass. Maybe the chief was eating,showering,or not home. My god you people are so messed up
He ran the call according to the daily journal he probably waited til iml pd got on scene so he wouldn't get beat up by a girl
todd

United States

#16 Dec 6, 2012
It also sad bismarck was first there and didn't say anything about park hills
just sayin

Saint Peters, MO

#17 Dec 6, 2012
todd wrote:
I believe you guys are talking about two different things. You are talking about the IML city hall fire and the other is the Montecelo Bus Co. located on hwy 32 just west of Bismarck.
just sayin

Saint Peters, MO

#18 Dec 6, 2012
The right blah wrote:
<quoted text>No i'm not stupid, but maybe someone was at Park hills department when the call came in. It doesn't matter how close you live you dumbass. Maybe the chief was eating,showering,or not home. My god you people are so messed up
I don't know what happened at the bus company, but you are making lame excuses. Even if someone was at the Park Hills department, there are cars, a grey mustang in particular, that are at the bismarck station constantly and they still can't seem to get out for 10 minutes.
Citizen x

Park Hills, MO

#19 Dec 7, 2012
todd wrote:
Park hills was on the scanner bismarck left when park hills was passing monecello bus co. Goin to the iml city hall fire. Bismarck was first on scene by a few seconds
The right blah

Farmington, MO

#20 Dec 7, 2012
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what happened at the bus company, but you are making lame excuses. Even if someone was at the Park Hills department, there are cars, a grey mustang in particular, that are at the bismarck station constantly and they still can't seem to get out for 10 minutes.
Excuse me i'm not making lame excuses for anything. I'm tired of commenting on things on here and it all has to turn around on how bad the department is and call anyone who comments names. I drive by that fire house every evening and half the time there is noone there. There is nothing but a bunch of immature people that can't get over the fact that the town voted a differant way. I'm not going to argue with anyone anymore. Its all stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leadwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reasons to leave this country 20 min Guest 10
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 41 min Obama Bitches 96,954
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 41 min grave digger 2,764
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 1 hr neveratfault 477
Any experience landscapers looking for work? 2 hr stay-c 2
kevin williford 8 hr wana know 1
old highway 8??? 10 hr uhmsolikeyea 1
•••
•••
•••

Leadwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••