GOOD NEWS mo law you do NOT have to buy fire tag

Posted in the Leadwood Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
good news

United States

#1 Oct 16, 2012
After weeks of research and several hours of discussions with lawyers and state officials if you live in a fire district that was voted into place by the public and is controlled by a board that was voted into place by the public they are responsible for providing fire protection. they can contract with another entity for that service, but they are soley liable for all monies due that entity. therefore the bismarck rural fire board can only ask for and accept donations. they cannot bill a person or business that operates or resides within said district, all billing must be billed directly to the district board.
not true

United States

#2 Oct 16, 2012
good news wrote:
After weeks of research and several hours of discussions with lawyers and state officials if you live in a fire district that was voted into place by the public and is controlled by a board that was voted into place by the public they are responsible for providing fire protection. they can contract with another entity for that service, but they are soley liable for all monies due that entity. therefore the bismarck rural fire board can only ask for and accept donations. they cannot bill a person or business that operates or resides within said district, all billing must be billed directly to the district board.
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUPID WANNA BE FIREFIGHTER CRAP, WE ARE TIRED OF SEEING THIS CHILDISH JUNK FLOODING THIS SITE! ALL OF YOU SUCK ANYWAY!!!!
good news

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUPID WANNA BE FIREFIGHTER CRAP, WE ARE TIRED OF SEEING THIS CHILDISH JUNK FLOODING THIS SITE! ALL OF YOU SUCK ANYWAY!!!!
yes it is the truth. sounds like your mad that the truth is coming out. or is it that your a member of the fire dept. and feel like a moron now for fighting to keep the district tax from passing.

Since: Nov 11

Brookfield, CT

#4 Oct 16, 2012
good news wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is the truth. sounds like your mad that the truth is coming out. or is it that your a member of the fire dept. and feel like a moron now for fighting to keep the district tax from passing.
That is good to know!
maggie

United States

#5 Oct 16, 2012
so how long have they been telling me i have to buy a fire tag and didnt have to? is there any way to get my money back since i was mislead
bismarck man

United States

#6 Oct 16, 2012
they have been doing this since you voted yes for a fire protection district. so about 11 years.

as far as getting your money back that all depends on how the fire tags you bought are worded. if they say the word donation on them well your outta luck.
amazing stupudity

Leadwood, MO

#7 Oct 16, 2012
good news wrote:
Show where or what statute, or shut up
Jacob

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Oct 16, 2012
amazing stupudity wrote:
<quoted text>
Show where or what statute, or shut up
Is your screen name describing yourself? Get off your lazy ass and call the fire marshals office, or won't your chief let you?
amazing stupudity

Waterloo, IL

#10 Oct 17, 2012
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>Is your screen name describing yourself? Get off your lazy ass and call the fire marshals office, or won't your chief let you?
Dude you are the amazing stupid one. There is no such law
Jacob

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Oct 17, 2012
amazing stupudity wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you are the amazing stupid one. There is no such law
Is that what the fire marshal told you, or is that what the Bismarck fire chief says. I talked with the fire marshal and he said first of all, once a fire protection district is voted into existence, the former association no longer exists and all the assets are turned over to the fire district. Since the people of your 19th century town voted down the tax base, the district allowed the association to provide fire protection. Since, from what I am reading, the district decided to exercize their authority and appoint a new fire chief and provide fire protection from other sources, the association sued the fire district and ran "friendly" candidates for the board in case the judge ruled correctly and the fire district was allowed to do the job the voters elected them to do. Since there is no tax base and, according to the fire marshal, the association has no authority to tax, the fire department is funded by DONATIONS only. The fire marshal said if you live in a fire protection district you are under no obligation to buy fire tags. He also said Bismarck and one other fire districts are the only ones in the entire state that are like this.
kenny

United States

#12 Oct 18, 2012
I own three rental propertys and two large tracts of wooded property all of which lay within the bismarck fire district. some one came to me telling me they were on the district board and they were letting everyone know that the fire tags were not mandatory. He told me they were nothing more than a donation. This got me thinking so I called the states Fire Marshals Office on Jeff city, after several calls back and forth and many several lengthy conversations i was informed that if there is a legitimate fire dist. that was voted into place there could not be a rural dept. The dist. must provide adequate fire service, if they are unable they must contract with a dept. to provide service. I was also informed that this contracted dept. cannot sell tags or try to collect monies in any way other than donations. all monies other than donations must come from tbe fire dist. This contracted dept. cannot bill you after an emergency either due to the fact that we voted a for a district and board members to provide this service. It is however not illegal for the contracted dept to sell fire tags if the say that by purchasing this tag you are making a monetary donation to the fire dept. But they are just that , a donation and by no legal means a binding contract or are they mandatory, basicaly just a reciept for your donation. I was also informed there have been several complaints filed with the fire marshal about bismarck fire dept. dealing with ethics, poor service, bogus billing and using scare tacticts to get people to purchase fire tags.
amazing stupudity

Leadwood, MO

#13 Oct 18, 2012
kenny wrote:
I own three rental propertys and two large tracts of wooded property all of which lay within the bismarck fire district. some one came to me telling me they were on the district board and they were letting everyone know that the fire tags were not mandatory. He told me they were nothing more than a donation. This got me thinking so I called the states Fire Marshals Office on Jeff city, after several calls back and forth and many several lengthy conversations i was informed that if there is a legitimate fire dist. that was voted into place there could not be a rural dept. The dist. must provide adequate fire service, if they are unable they must contract with a dept. to provide service. I was also informed that this contracted dept. cannot sell tags or try to collect monies in any way other than donations. all monies other than donations must come from tbe fire dist. This contracted dept. cannot bill you after an emergency either due to the fact that we voted a for a district and board members to provide this service. It is however not illegal for the contracted dept to sell fire tags if the say that by purchasing this tag you are making a monetary donation to the fire dept. But they are just that , a donation and by no legal means a binding contract or are they mandatory, basicaly just a reciept for your donation. I was also informed there have been several complaints filed with the fire marshal about bismarck fire dept. dealing with ethics, poor service, bogus billing and using scare tacticts to get people to purchase fire tags.
Your ignorance is well manifested. Post your real name so when folks don't buy a tag but have to pay big money for any services rendered, they'll know who to hang
kenny

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2012
well kenny is my real name. But who in there right mind hides behind a fake name and tells someone else to use there real name. Although amazingly stupid probably describes you to a T , I really doubt thats your god given name. Im not trying to start anything i just thought that in these rough economical times people might want to know they dont have to scrape up that extra fifty bucks. I know fifty bucks dont sound like much but to some people especialy the ederly, that might be the difference in going to bed hungry or having a little to eat that week.
Okay

Park Hills, MO

#15 Oct 18, 2012
Hey yeah and lets not give that $50 to help the fire department is there.Regardless of peoples feelings the fact remains the rural still provides us with protection. Last time I checked that's the way it has always been. So until we get off our butts and pass a tax. Telling people especially the elderly to not buy a fire tag and support the department is a pretty low life thing to do Kenny.
smartass

Farmington, MO

#16 Oct 18, 2012
amazing stupudity wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is well manifested. Post your real name so when folks don't buy a tag but have to pay big money for any services rendered, they'll know who to hang
You are so right. Just because services must be provided, does not say anything about them being free. I can say from experience, it you do not purchase and display a fire tag, you are going to get a bill. A very, very, very expensive bill.
amazing stupudity

Leadwood, MO

#17 Oct 18, 2012
Okay wrote:
Hey yeah and lets not give that $50 to help the fire department is there.Regardless of peoples feelings the fact remains the rural still provides us with protection. Last time I checked that's the way it has always been. So until we get off our butts and pass a tax. Telling people especially the elderly to not buy a fire tag and support the department is a pretty low life thing to do Kenny.
Besides that Kenny, without the financial support from fire tags or tax, you will not receive any coverage which will raise your homeowners insurance needless to say put your very life in jeopardy. So go ahead, advise everyone not to support, may cost a whole lot more than just money
Larry

United States

#18 Oct 18, 2012
How can the rates get any higher. My home owner policy has more than doubled because of this so called fd. I wish they would atleast try to work on getting the ISO rating down. My agent told me the rating is at a 10.
kenny

United States

#19 Oct 19, 2012
if you want to donate to the dept. go ahead. Im not trying to stop anyone from donating what they can afford. the dept cannot bill you either, if they dosend you a bill just use it as charmin because thats all its good for. Its just wrong for a fire dept to use deception and scare tactics to shake down its district citizens. If the fire dept was so concerned about funding why did they fight to stop the tax levy. I voted no because i was told by several members of the fire dept. they did not support the tax.
idoknow

Farmington, MO

#20 Oct 19, 2012
Kenny you are so right.
rocknroll

United States

#21 Oct 19, 2012
just seen this morning the fire dept going to a mut. aid call on 21 hwy in the city owned fire truck. why are they not running the trucks owned by the rural dept. I will tell you why, the city pays for the fuel in that truck. fuel that is paid for with tax dollars from the citizens of bismarck. the city should not have to foot the bill for the rural dept. yes the rural dept is struggling money wise, but how many fundraisers have you seen? bet they wish they hadnt got rid of the jellinecks and the other members that held all the fundraisers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leadwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Be on the look out. 49 min Dr Phil 14
Kayla woolf 1 hr momma 20
c&p auto sales ---jim chrisman car lot (Oct '13) 1 hr momma 4
shawn jenkerson back at it 13 hr Bumbp 2
Tracy Molitor 19 hr yea 5
Brandon Horton (Jul '17) Sun TJH 11
News Lawmakers address accusations Sat Smackdown2017 61

Leadwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance