The truth about st François county ja...

The truth about st François county jail.

Posted in the Leadington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Socrates

New Fairfield, CT

#1 Mar 3, 2013
While most people come with the retort that it's jail, they're in there because they are pieces of shit, it's not supposed to be a hotel. I disagree, everyone makes mistakes in their life, and while some people's mistakes are worse than others, they are mistakes all the same. Just because someone is in jail (and let's remind ourselves that those in County jail generally have not been found guilty of any crime yet, and our waiting on the legal process) doesn't mean they deserve the horrible conditions that are the St. François county jail. A little look inside the workings of the jail shall we? I am being completely truthful and not at all exaggerating, and am only speaking on things I personally have witnessed. Let's begin with intake. You are generally shoved in a holding cell with 8-12 other people. These are cells designed to hold 1-2 people tops, generally the mat they give you is half destroyed, and your lucky to get a cover. Trash will pile up through out the day(you can imagine how much trash 8-12 full grown human beings can accumulate over a few meals) and if they get a chance you might get it taken out of your cell at 8 to 9pm. The cells are disgusting. I have seen them go 3 days without being cleaned. If you come in with a little bit of an attitude you will get your ass beat courtesy of liz deere(sp) and Bryan riegger(sp)(I am not talking about a person is resisting, and they do what is neccesary to subdue the individual. that can be justified and is sometimes necessary ) I personally witnessed riegger closed fist punching someone who still had handcuffs on.(He actually broke his hand during this encounter) while liz deere was screaming "welcome to st. François county bitch" at the individual. Another occasion in which those two deputies were not involved, I cannot say who exactly was involved, but it was during day shift, and the deputies do recall working that day were Jones, globe, and gershenslauger(sp) what happened was a drunken belligerent individual was brought it. He would not stop resisting so they strapped him into the restraint chair(this is protocol, what's not is what happened next) they put the man in the chair into the one cell that has no camera and proceeded to mace him with (illegal to use on humans) bear mace ( until we had to open all the doors and put ventilation fans in the door because no one could breathe in all of booking), tipped the chair in a way that caused all the blood to rush to his head, and proceeded to beat the shit out of him until he literally defecated all over himself( I know this because I had to clean it up) these are just a couple of incidents that occurred during my stay that give you an idea of what happens not daily, but relatively regularly. Now, on to other things
Socrates

New Fairfield, CT

#2 Mar 3, 2013
. When you are dressed out you generally are not given clothes that fit, for a few days we were out of hygiene packs(toothbrush, mini toothpaste, mini deodorant, mini shampoo/soap, comb) and people had to do without basic hygiene items for up to a week. You were only given two jump suits, no boxers or socks. So if you didn't have money you would have to make due with one pair of boxers your whole time there. They do not give you sheets to put on your hot sticky mat. Once again they have between 4 and 6 people in a 2 man cell. Some people have to sleep with their head right next to the toilet. Disgusting. Womens sanitary needs are sometimes not met. Cleaning supplies are rarely distributed. I mean these people actually lost their federal contract! I witnessed the feds pull all of their inmates out of sfcj and take them to other federal hold overs. I can't say why because I don't know, but they did somehow get them back. The one positive thing I can say is that the cooks(god bless them) do the best they can with the budget they are given, and while the portions are very small, the food is decent. As far as jails are concerned. That is all I have to tell. It was the complete and whole truth. Choose to discount it or believe it.
Socrates

New Fairfield, CT

#3 Mar 3, 2013
Glore* not globe
Biker01

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2013
Socrates wrote:
Glore* not globe
. I was an upstairs trustee for 5 months there an all of this is very true I seen all of this plus a lot more with my own eyes
duh stupid

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2013
how stupid can you be? you get your a$$ thrown in jail then you want to complain about it. well here is a little bit of advice dont be a dumb sh¡t and get lockef up. its jail not preschool. they shouldnt treat inmates as good as they do. if you cant control yourself any better than to screw up and get locked up you really dont deserve any more than a spot on a cold floor and bread and water once a day. and if you had to stay there long enuff to see all that you did more than a "small mistake" . Its jail its not supposed to be fun and comfortable. your not supposed to enjoy your stay and come back soon. what do you expect? to get thrown in a private cell with a king size bed, a mint on the pillow and a number to call for room service. Do the crime do the time and shut up about it.
Molly

Brookfield, CT

#8 Mar 3, 2013
It is the county jail, not Holiday Inn. You are not suppose to get luxuries. If you don't like it then don't go to jail.
Bob

Park Hills, MO

#9 Mar 3, 2013
Go to Maricopa County Arizona and get locked up by Sheriff Joe Arpaio, then cry to him about how rough it is here. He will laugh and call you a pansy! I agree with everyone else here.
Idc

Park Hills, MO

#10 Mar 3, 2013
The is a differece in jail and there. Do ur homework. Not everyone in jail is a pos.
Bob

Park Hills, MO

#11 Mar 3, 2013
Idc wrote:
The is a differece in jail and there. Do ur homework. Not everyone in jail is a pos.
English please!
Thelorax

New Fairfield, CT

#12 Mar 3, 2013
So having tampons to stop your bloody little skank Twat with is a luxury molly? Your comments are not surprising. In fact if you read the top of my article you will see I already foresaw what your comments would be Verbatim. So you mean to say you've never drove your vehicle home after you had a little bit to drink? Yeah.. Sure you haven't. Fact is at some point everyone has broken the law in their lifetime, and would have went to jail if they had gotten caught. No one has any right to judge or look Down upon another person. It isn't your place to judge. The conditions in this county jail are deplorable. Does it need to be the Hiltons? No it doesn't, that would defeat the purpose of it altogether . but is it supposed to be third world ish? No it is not. Comparing sfcj to maricopa county jail is beyond ignorance. I wonder what the ratio of violent crimes to inmates is there as compared to sfcj? It's like comparing little league to major league baseball. A majority of people are in sfcj for petty crimes and treated like animals. Your all ignorant. Your opinions are comparable to a kindergartens on the level of depth, and insight.
Thelorax

New Fairfield, CT

#13 Mar 3, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
English please!
Says the gentleman who structures his sentences in a manner similar to a third grader.
Bob

Park Hills, MO

#14 Mar 4, 2013
Thelorax wrote:
<quoted text>Says the gentleman who structures his sentences in a manner similar to a third grader.
Says someone who is unable to use the proper form of your/you're...
OU812 - DUH HUH

Farmington, MO

#15 Mar 4, 2013
again..its JAIL..what do you expect..you're in there for a reason..sorry they dont have the best funding to go out and get you the best cotton sheets money can buy for your stay, and oops, guess what..no money to build or add on for new "holding cells" so that they aren't running over..so I guess you'll be thrown in there again with 5-8 ppl the next time you screw up

write your congressman see where that gets you..criminal
SunTzu

Farmington, MO

#16 Mar 4, 2013
Well considering they charge you 45 dollars/day to stay there, they should have plenty of money. I can't wait until the feds shut the shit hole down permanently. Which can, and will happen. Federal funding is the only reason that place still exists. Ohh noon, please don't call me a criminal! Yes, I have a felony on my record. Yes, I have a job where I most likely make more money than you. Yes, I most likely have nicer things than you. Your probably a fatassed over weight bitch who works in the office for 9.50/hr. OoOOoO good one bob, you caught my phone auto correcting me! Nice! I think our intelligence levels are on two completely different planes of existence.
hurd that

Bloomfield, MO

#17 Mar 4, 2013
im sorry but not everyone breaks the law to get put in county jail. i have a friend that got locked up for two days there and come to find out they let him go because he was not the person they thought he was he is only 25 and the guy they thought he was is 58 and is a sexual offender! they took him in because they said he did report in and is not suposta be near a park. i was there when it happened and told them they were making a mistake but they wouldn't listen they told me to keep my mouth shut or they r going to take me too. so i got in my car and left. sad part is he finally got out and they told him they made a mistake it cost him is job and on top of it he got the shit beat out of him in there. he should sue for it! so like i said not everyone in there did what they were accused of. so they should get better treatment than that!
frank

United States

#18 Mar 4, 2013
yep just like everybody else in jail or prison innocent. I cant believe they only lock up innocent people who have never done anything wrong.
Citizen Y

Farmington, MO

#19 Mar 4, 2013
SunTzu wrote:
Well considering they charge you 45 dollars/day to stay there, they should have plenty of money. I can't wait until the feds shut the shit hole down permanently. Which can, and will happen. Federal funding is the only reason that place still exists. Ohh noon, please don't call me a criminal! Yes, I have a felony on my record. Yes, I have a job where I most likely make more money than you. Yes, I most likely have nicer things than you. Your probably a fatassed over weight bitch who works in the office for 9.50/hr. OoOOoO good one bob, you caught my phone auto correcting me! Nice! I think our intelligence levels are on two completely different planes of existence.
YOUR (showing possession) phone won't auttocorrect. You spelled it right, but used the wrong form, which autocorrect will not recognize. YOU'RE (you are. See what I did there?) right, the intelligence levels are on different planes.....
Amazed!

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Mar 4, 2013
You people are ridiculous! No matter what you've done to get yourself put in jail, you are still a human being, an American citizen and have rights. We do not live in a place where it is acceptable to beat someone close to death bc you're on a power trip. That is against the LAW! How are these people supposedly "serving and protecting" when they are literally, not allegedly, wrongfully accusing, arresting and abusing a law abiding citizen?
And for all of you on your high horse, every time you speed, you break the law. Even if it is just five over. Every time you take two pennies from that tray at the gas station, it's stealing. That's against the law. People do stupid things. People make poor decision. Sometimes, people pay for their mistakes. That still does not give an officer of the law the right to abuse their power!
damn straight

United States

#21 Mar 4, 2013
[QUOTE who="Amazed! "]You people are ridiculous! No matter what you've done to get yourself put in jail, you are still a human being, an American citizen and have rights. We do not live in a place where it is acceptable to beat someone close to death bc you're on a power trip. That is against the LAW! How are these people supposedly "serving and protecting" when they are literally, not allegedly, wrongfully accusing, arresting and abusing a law abiding citizen?
And for all of you on your high horse, every time you speed, you break the law. Even if it is just five over. Every time you take two pennies from that tray at the gas station, it's stealing. That's against the law. People do stupid things. People make poor decision. Sometimes, people pay for their mistakes. That still does not give an officer of the law the right to abuse their power![/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same dam thing....amen!
aarp

United States

#22 Mar 7, 2013
Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leadington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuzzins bartender single?? 1 hr El capitan 1
William "Davie" Sharp 5 hr Mee 2
Turtle crossing the road 20 hr WGODAT 8
Veronica Lenz Clubb Sun trucker 16
Tara Hicks r turner Sun trucker 7
Lake Timberline (Feb '11) Sun Mike b 100
William "Davie" Sharp Sun Countryboy 100 1

Leadington Jobs

Personal Finance

Leadington Mortgages