Illinois Closes All of Its Tourist In...

Illinois Closes All of Its Tourist Information Centers

There are 24 comments on the WQAD story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Illinois Closes All of Its Tourist Information Centers. In it, WQAD reports that:

" I'd like a map, please." It's a request that Karen Ullrich hears countless times every day from tourists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill Fold

Evanston, IL

#22 Jul 24, 2010
Illinois, let me count the ways:
1. Chicago = MURDER (wonder why they didn't get the Olympics?)
Chicago's murder rate was nearly three times higher than New York City's last year, according to The Chicago Reporter's analysis of preliminary 2009 crime statistics, released late last month by the FBI. The rate of violent crime in Chicago was almost double the rates for both New York City and Los Angeles, according to the Reporter's analysis.
2. Chicago = 2nd largest Hispanic population in the U.S. after Los Angeles.
3. Chicago = 2nd largest Puerto Rican population after New York.
4. Chicago = Oprah
5. Chicago = Obama
6. Corruption = Illinois.
Illinois boasts some impressive stats. According to data collected by Dick Simpson, a political scientist at the University of Illinois at Chicago, more than 1,000 public officials and business people from Illinois have been convicted in federal corruption cases since 1971. Of those, an astonishing 30 were Chicago aldermen; that's around 20 percent of those elected to the City Council during that period. If Blagojevich ultimately goes to prison, he will become the fourth out of the last eight governors to wear stripes, joining predecessors George Ryan (racketeering, conspiracy, obstruction), Dan Walker (bank fraud), and Otto Kerner (straight-up bribery). If he gets assigned to the U.S. penitentiary in Terre Haute, Ind., Blagojevich could become the first governor to share a cell with a predecessor.*
7. Deficit = BILLIONS
How big is the state's deficit? According to a new report from the Civic Federation's Institute for Illinois Fiscal Sustainability, Illinois' FY2011 budget will be at least $12.8 billion in the red. That includes an existing $5.7 billion hole carried over from this year's budget, the result of delayed bill payments and dropping tax receipts.
8. Illinois = S-U-C-K-S. Winters suck, the roads suck, the toll roads suck, the cornfields suck, the Chinese Carp invading the waterways suck, the increase in taxes is going to suck (license plate stickers are now $100.00 - this is just the beginning of increases). Need I say more? If you answer yes, I can gladly provide it - that way anyone from out of State who happens to read this will probably change their mind about goiing there.
And thank you readers for your disparging remarks. It tells me I'm hitting a nerve!!

Evanston, IL

#23 Jul 24, 2010
Just in case you think I'm the only one who thinks your State sucks, read this forum and ALL the comments!!!

Boycott Illinois! Don't Go Near It!
Save Us From Idiots

Chicago, IL

#24 Jul 26, 2010
Bill Fold, I bet all the people in Illinois are breathing a huge sigh of relief that your racist rants and skewed opinions indicate you'll never visit. My guess is residents of most other states would prefer you not visit them either. Of course, North Carolina probably doesn't even want you as a resident at this point, based on how you've embarrassed yourself in this maybe you should just stay locked inside your home and fester in your ignorance, eh?

Wauconda, IL

#25 May 13, 2012
I use to work at the Welcome Center at the Lake Forest Oasis before they closed it and let me just say this. The management was TERRIBLE! They nickled and dimed the department to make as much money as they could while giving the workers $7.00 an hour, no benefits and treating us all like %@!#

I use to have information about the entire state which was PAID by the hotels, cities, universities, and the counties until the state stuck their noses into everything and only allowed me to have tourist information for Northern Illinois.

The ONLY thing the state of Illinois is good with is screwing things up and trying to scam people for more money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Le Claire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are the american pickers gay? (Apr '12) Apr '15 hfjj 10
Newell family in leclair (Oct '13) Oct '13 next door 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Iowa (Dist... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Dubuquer 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Le Claire, IA (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chris Grycki 1
News Riverboat bliss | The Columbus Dispatch (Jun '10) Jun '10 ghj 2
News Le Claire blaze ruled an arson (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ryan 1
News Residents preparing for round two of I-80 bridg... (Apr '10) Apr '10 IllinoisPam 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Le Claire Mortgages