LAYTON PROSTITUTION STING: Farmington police officer among 8 men ar...

Full story: Fox13Now

Layton police conducted a prostitution sting at a local hotel Thursday aimed at cracking on Internet call girls soliciting men.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
markus

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

That's it, really sock it to this cop. Some paid suspension is going to really get the point across!
brian

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

its funny because he's a cop.....
Carol

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

If your officers are set to a higher standards why do "they" not go to jail???? Everyone else goes to jail but because he is an officer he get's special treatment.

Case in point the 2 officer in Ogden with DUI's, both were slapped on the wrist. I got a DUI, was beaten by an officer, jailed for 1 year, and sent to prison for 9 months...

JUSTICE???? I THINK NOT.

SHOWS YOU, YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING WITH BLUE SHIELD
Carol

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Nothing happens if your a cop.... Only if your one of the ones paying taxes...

Good luck honest people...
ike

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

Must be nice committing crime and not getting put behind bars. For his safety? That's a crock, they'll get some youngster to sing and then throw him to the wolves, but one of their own they protect, always.
Tim

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

bwahhhh ha ha ha what a loser, bet his bishop didn't know that or his wife for that matter. Shucks no temple recommend.....NO job....I hate cops and hypocrites. Only thing worse is a hypocrite cop.....
BsS

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

Prostitution should not be illegal. The criminalization of prostitution is simply a waste of our tax dollars.
boned

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Who the heck really cares about prostitution or those arrested?? I guess since it cannot be taxed in the Beehive State it is a very serious crime.
noblondes

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Tim wrote:
bwahhhh ha ha ha what a loser, bet his bishop didn't know that or his wife for that matter. Shucks no temple recommend.....NO job....I hate cops and hypocrites. Only thing worse is a hypocrite cop.....
Totally agree with you.

Paid leave, and no jail time. He even didn't have to post bail of any amount and he is getting paid to be off. Our taxes are paying him to do wrong!!!

Wow, it is sad about his wife, kids, church, bet he keeps his job and I am sure his wife and kids and church could be questionable.

Another pure example of a man that probably had sex with his wife right after his mission and went and got married in the temple. Now he wants to live the life that the church never allowed him to live.

This is exactly why Utah has one of the highest Divorce rates in the Nation.

Got to love this state!!
Carol

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

So is anyone going to do anything about all this???
noblondes

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Carol wrote:
So is anyone going to do anything about all this???
Carol, probably not. He is a cop, white, mormon ( I am assuming).

If your white and get in trouble, first offense you will not go to jail or prison outside of booking.
ffaneus

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Police Officer's Job is not an easy task. They are human like all of
us, being married that does not mean the couple is happy; they maybe together to save face toward society and the kids future. We are in the 21st century and prostitution has been before Christ and some foreign countries and states in the USA gave license for prostitution. The actors in Hollywood that received big money for prostitution in a movies are note considered as prostitutes because the riches are supporting them. People, what is wrong with us? One state can do something and others no I believe that we are one people and one earth society. some people are poor and all they have as tresor is their body, and it's the only way with respect they can make a living by not selling drugs, stealing from society or being a murderer. If America is the land of free, let be fair and give the people their freedom. The Officer did'nt do anything wrong he pays for what was for rented or sale. Utah and others states in the USA are 20 years behind modernization of society. Stop metropolizing Utah. The Officer should not lost his job over a misdemeanor like that one; after all he is human like the rest of us and philosophically speaking only God is perfect. There is no manking who can stand and said that he is perfect.Give a fine to the Officer like any other citizen and help him out because the pressure on his job and perhaps problem with his family and at work could cause a lot of discrepancy in his life. Police Officers are Human too they are not robots. God bless him and help him.
ffaneus

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

BsS wrote:
Prostitution should not be illegal. The criminalization of prostitution is simply a waste of our tax dollars.
I am 100% agreed with you, and organization or chuches should respect people's privacy and life. Lot of people pay for college for their children by being a prostitute whether little one or big one from hollywood. a prostitute never hurt no one; only the state is wasting are money. Prostitution is not a crime, because no one got hurt by doing it.
isabellia

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

wow, even cops are getting into stuff like thiss..... our country has gone mad!!
isabellia

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Carol wrote:
Nothing happens if your a cop.... Only if your one of the ones paying taxes...
Good luck honest people...
i agree.....
Whatsinaname

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

ffaneus wrote:
Police Officer's Job is not an easy task. They are human like all of
us, being married that does not mean the couple is happy; they maybe together to save face toward society and the kids future. We are in the 21st century and prostitution has been before Christ and some foreign countries and states in the USA gave license for prostitution. The actors in Hollywood that received big money for prostitution in a movies are note considered as prostitutes because the riches are supporting them. People, what is wrong with us? One state can do something and others no I believe that we are one people and one earth society. some people are poor and all they have as tresor is their body, and it's the only way with respect they can make a living by not selling drugs, stealing from society or being a murderer. If America is the land of free, let be fair and give the people their freedom. The Officer did'nt do anything wrong he pays for what was for rented or sale. Utah and others states in the USA are 20 years behind modernization of society. Stop metropolizing Utah. The Officer should not lost his job over a misdemeanor like that one; after all he is human like the rest of us and philosophically speaking only God is perfect. There is no manking who can stand and said that he is perfect.Give a fine to the Officer like any other citizen and help him out because the pressure on his job and perhaps problem with his family and at work could cause a lot of discrepancy in his life. Police Officers are Human too they are not robots. God bless him and help him.
Kindly go away. That kind of thinking isn't welcome here.
macdaddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Ok so everyone wants this guy to face same justice as everyone else who is not a cop does. Fine, then let him have his day in court, take whatever comes but why should the police dept. suspend him, did the other people get suspended from their jobs? I think not.
noblondes

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

macdaddy wrote:
Ok so everyone wants this guy to face same justice as everyone else who is not a cop does. Fine, then let him have his day in court, take whatever comes but why should the police dept. suspend him, did the other people get suspended from their jobs? I think not.
This cop was really stupid, do you think a badge puts you above the law?

He traveled like 12 miles from his home, department, bishop, nieghbors.

If he would have gone 11 miles more he would and could have had 4 prostitues in Ogden.
or maybe 14 for the same money.

No one would have known him and the sting would have been in Davis county while he is
having fun in Weber county.

I think dumb cops should not get pay after doing a dumb crime!

So what do you think? Cop!!!
justaguy

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

I agree its crappy he's on "paid suspension" but I can and do understand the lack of jail time for an officer. Should he really go to jail, where he will be most likely assaulted, perhaps killed, simply for what most would consider a 'lesser' crime? It is true that law enforcement personnel should be held to a higher standard, but that doesn't mean their lives should be put in jeopardy more than what already comes with the job.
noblondes

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

justaguy wrote:
I agree its crappy he's on "paid suspension" but I can and do understand the lack of jail time for an officer. Should he really go to jail, where he will be most likely assaulted, perhaps killed, simply for what most would consider a 'lesser' crime? It is true that law enforcement personnel should be held to a higher standard, but that doesn't mean their lives should be put in jeopardy more than what already comes with the job.
Should any white man in utah go to jail?

For any lesser crime?

Do you know anything about jail ?

He can have his own room, never be in the population, but he should just like everyone else!

He will walk, I am sure this is his first offence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Layton Discussions

Search the Layton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
why does Ogden 13 gang call Sur 13 scraps? (Feb '12) Jul 7 number9 19
UT man charged in alleged $72M Ponzi scheme Jun '14 gpn 1
Marie Osmond (Nov '08) Jun '14 Daniel Selby 11
Utah man to be sentenced for seat-saving assaul... Jun '14 Thats What She Said 1
Where are the sluts? (Dec '13) Jun '14 Jose 3
Rachael Runyon Murder Case Re-Opens After 25 Years (Sep '07) May '14 Rachel 13
How Missouri lost what Utah gained May '14 Avalon 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Layton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••