Car dealers, you and fraud

Posted in the Layton Forum

Jeepnut

Saint George, UT

#1 Oct 19, 2010
Buyer beware! You've heard that before and maybe you've said it but has it ever been a reality to you? It did recently for us. We purchased a used 2009 Dodge Charger from Young's (Layton) and was told (by a car salesman who happened to be my wife's nephew) that the car was in "Great condition". He also 'parroted' the car dealer's best lie...I mean, line,'we do a 120 plus point inspection on every used car we sell'. Haven't we all heard that?

Come to find out Young's not only lied to us but, according to their own words to us and what the law states they committed fraud. The two air filters (AC & breather) had never been changed...or inspected by Young's. They were absolutely filthy- we took pictures but we also have the old filters, too. Then we found out the emergency brakes didn't work...at all. They fixed them after sending us to the nearest Dodge dealership to pawn the job off on them- and get out of doing what they should have done before we bought the car, fix it! When they were done they still didn't hold very well but the mechanic said they weren't supposed to completely hold the car- but we found out they are. The brakes barely, if at all, hold this car on even the slightest rise.

Worse, still, is the front end. IF they had done a 120 plus point inspection they would have found out the right front tire is about an inch farther forward then the left front tire. Plus, they put new tires and wheels on it, aligned it and still did not fix it- Big O and a respected body shop here (St. George) both said it was impossible for them to have aligned it and not found 'that' problem.

So, Young's Chevy sold us a car that, by their own admission, was inspected at least twice and then, knowingly, sold that damaged, if not unsafe and dangerous, car to the public. What if it had caused us to be in an accident? Everyone would have thought the damage was caused by the accident when, in fact, the accident could have been caused by their fraudulent (according to the law)and disregard for the folks buying their cars.

Does anyone want to buy a car from people who knowingly sell cars to innocent and unsuspecting customers? What's worse, still, is they actually lied and denied about it. That's why we took it to two other shops. We wanted the truth and we no longer trusted Young's. Would you?

Well, our lawyer said we have to give Young's another chance to fix it- it's the law. But after failing to fix or even find (or ignoring) the problem, we didn't want to give them a third try to do what they should have done the first two times they "inspected" the car. Talk about an uneasy and unsafe 'feeling'.

I also contacted GM and informed them of this frightening, fraudulent and, potentially dangerous, situation. I am hoping they pull the GM license from these people. When you act, and treat people, this way you don't need and should never have the right to do business with the public...or the opportunity to do it again. Who knows, next time someone may get hurt or killed by their apathetic and irresponsible business practices.

You are now informed. What you do with it may save your life, a loved ones or 'someone' one's life from the stress of dealing with a mess like this or the damage it could cause or, possibly, the loss of life.

We think this should never happen in this country and folks should lose their license, if not their freedoms for a while, for this kind of insanity. Don't they understand that their lies and scams can do some irreparable and lasting harm to everyday people and their families? Don't they care? Well, apparently, not the people who operate this dealership.

What do you think about this mess, folks?
Jeepnut

Saint George, UT

#2 Oct 24, 2010
WOW! I thought this true story of lying, cheating and deception would have resonated more with folks. But when its the time of year (election season) when everyone is lying, cheating, stealing and deceiving (to get into office) it isn't as important as it would be some other time of life.

If we would just legalize shooting politicians who do these things life would be so much better for us- we would know they are saying what they mean to do.

Until then us sheep will keep listening to their crap and eating it up, swallowing it whole and regurgitating it like its Gospel when its anything but. So much for America's once-bright promise...and future, I reckon.

maybe bad car dealers will change on their own (like politicians do) as we keep buying what they are selling with no consequences for their bad behavior. Maybe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Layton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: In Vision Computers (Oct '08) May 19 Tarun 16
29th Street Ogden?????? May 19 kueendoll 1
tim patterson - missing!!!!!!!!!! May 16 kueendoll 1
Review: Dunkley Music Piano Moving (Aug '13) May 14 jstrong196 3
Review: Homeland Vinyl Products Inc May 6 12345abc 1
Review: Crossroads Fitness (Aug '09) Feb '15 Kipp 17
Layton Music Selection (Aug '12) Feb '15 Musikologist 13
More from around the web

Layton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE