Layton teacher arrested for alleged sexual relationship with student

Full story: Fox13Now 16
LAYTON, Utah - A Northridge High School teacher is behind bars Monday after being accused of a sexual relationship with one of his students. Full Story
Geoph

West Jordan, UT

#1 May 10, 2010
This isn't right. Jeremy is a good man. He would never do something like this. There is so much media hype pressuring the police to uncover teacher student relationships. I think he'll be proved innocent.
aphrodite

Riverton, UT

#2 May 11, 2010
psht! he's guilty. completely! i was a student of his and ALWAYS had suspicions. i have the facts that he had a relationship with a 17 yr old girl and she admitted they had sex 10 to 15 times. pretty sure neither would make that up.
Ken

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 May 11, 2010
His classroom was set up perfectly for this kind of thing. All those black curtains, plus an office with a door and no window. Don't remember if the door locked.
Joe

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 May 11, 2010
the best things in life are illegal, totally worth it sometimes.
Jake

Saint George, UT

#5 May 11, 2010
What the media doesn't know is that this guy has been in trouble for inappropriate relationships with his students before. I know that for a fact. Why was he still teaching?
Jake

Saint George, UT

#6 May 11, 2010
Geoph wrote:
This isn't right. Jeremy is a good man. He would never do something like this. There is so much media hype pressuring the police to uncover teacher student relationships. I think he'll be proved innocent.
No he is not a good man. I'm not sure how you know him, but I know him well and he not a good person. He has been in trouble for this kind of stuff before. Never arrested, but should have been.
lolokay23

Montgomery, AL

#7 May 11, 2010
The situation is very sad to me because Mr. Flygare has brought impeccable amounts of trust in because of his love and knowledge for Theater. The theater productions under his name have been the best I have seen at this school in ages.

:ast year in April 2009 I was able to volunteer some hours, and noticed a strange relationship between him and his female students. He cared about all of his students, but the way he talked with the girls seemed normal, but it could have been mistakenly flirtatious in a teenage girl's view.

Though I had noticed this a year ago, as strange as it was, I still find it hard to believe that he's guilty. But there has been a number of these incidents at Northridge High School that have been swept under the rug.
Enbee

United States

#8 May 11, 2010
I'm a student of his right now,(or at least I was before this happened) and I disagree with one of the above posters; he never acted perverse or flirtatous, or at least wasn't up front. Once he was put on administrative leave and someone leaked the reason he was gone, most people took it as rumors. But we all had our suspicions that it was true, and while I did look up to Flygare, I don't have any doubt that he did it. Even before this happened there was something awkward about a certain student and him, everyone had their thoughts. But honestly, anyone that's in the theater department at Northridge shouldn't be surprised.
It's a shame, because he has all the talent of a great actor/director and the best teaching skills in the world, and he blew it all away. Many students heard about this and feel personally betrayed; Flygare was a lot of students mentor. But I can't defend him like others in my school are. There are boundaries you just don't cross, and Flygare crossed it.
lolokay23

Montgomery, AL

#9 May 11, 2010
Geoph wrote:
This isn't right. Jeremy is a good man. He would never do something like this. There is so much media hype pressuring the police to uncover teacher student relationships. I think he'll be proved innocent.
Geoph, were you able to WORK with Mr. Flygare? I thought that Mrs. Ryan was still in charge your senior year. I actually would have though the Mrs. Snarr (Partridge) would have been under investigation well before Flygare. But she was in MOTAB, so Im sure people thought it was highly inplausible.
S h s

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 May 11, 2010
That is so gross and to know that this was my teacher i dont feel comfortable about it knowing this happened out of all teachers i have i didnt expect him
bigbrother

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 May 11, 2010
I can't say that hearing this surprised me. As a former student of his I was around him a lot, and although he was an amazing teacher, my friends and I always made jokes about him being the sort of person to do this. When I heard that he had been arrested I wasn't at all shocked. It makes me horribly sad that so many people will be missing out on such a great teacher, but it's much more important that he doesn't do this to other children.
Geoph

West Jordan, UT

#12 May 11, 2010
lolokay23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geoph, were you able to WORK with Mr. Flygare? I thought that Mrs. Ryan was still in charge your senior year. I actually would have though the Mrs. Snarr (Partridge) would have been under investigation well before Flygare. But she was in MOTAB, so Im sure people thought it was highly inplausible.
Yes, in fact I did work very closely with Flygare. I was a lead in his show my senior year. I was in his theatre class, I was his TA, and I volunteered for him after I graduated. And please don't throw around accusations about Lindsey. She's an incredibly talented teacher and a very good person. The fact that she's a member of TAB has nothing to do with her never being investigated.
lolokay23

Montgomery, AL

#13 May 12, 2010
Enbee wrote:
There are boundaries you just don't cross, and Flygare crossed it.
I couldn't agree with you more about this comment. Especially that he threw all his hard work and great talent away for sex. I pity people who end up in devastating events such as this. All I noticed was that he was a big envy for the girls.
This happens a lot with younger male teachers and students. Despite their intentions, if a girl flirts with a male, more than likely he will flirt with her if she is cute. I happen to see this in many instances. Stupid mistake, however I will not deny his talent just like you have already said.
I know this is a sad ordeal but I have recently seen a show and wondered why this girl was a lead; in comparison with some of the other students I have seen Jeremy work with, she was horrible!
lolokay23

Montgomery, AL

#14 May 12, 2010
Geoph wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in fact I did work very closely with Flygare. I was a lead in his show my senior year. I was in his theatre class, I was his TA, and I volunteered for him after I graduated. And please don't throw around accusations about Lindsey. She's an incredibly talented teacher and a very good person. The fact that she's a member of TAB has nothing to do with her never being investigated.
I didn't deny her being a talented teacher. I only don't approve of her personal relationships with many of her students. Some teachers don't understand the line that they may be crossing, that's all. Ok. Just making sure I knew who you were. Jean Valjean in Les Mis right? Terrific performance Snoopy.
lolokay23

Montgomery, AL

#15 May 12, 2010
Jake wrote:
What the media doesn't know is that this guy has been in trouble for inappropriate relationships with his students before. I know that for a fact. Why was he still teaching?
I'm interested in your statment. Do tell.
Brian mitchell

Dallas, TX

#16 May 13, 2010
Mr.flygare was not like that i had him for some time as a teacher and i dont thin he did it i think its a set up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Layton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Crossroads Fitness (Aug '09) Feb 25 Kipp 17
Layton Music Selection (Aug '12) Feb 21 Musikologist 13
utility trailer union? yes or no Feb 19 the god maker 3
why does Ogden 13 gang call Sur 13 scraps? (Feb '12) Feb 5 unknown 41
Review: Eyebrow Designer 21 Jan '15 jaimew 1
Review: Diamond J Management Jan '15 jeepers 1
3-Year-Old Boy Found After Being Driven Away in... Jan '15 rocky johnson 3
Layton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Layton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:44 pm PST