Pair facing charges after boy's body ...

Pair facing charges after boy's body found in Utah

There are 44 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from May 12, 2010, titled Pair facing charges after boy's body found in Utah. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The body of a missing 4-year-old boy was found in a Utah canyon and his mother and stepfather were taken into custody, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
shirleyhadit

Union City, CA

#1 May 12, 2010
When are these low-life women going to stop hooking up with these "loser" boyfriend/husbands? The poor innocent children end up abused or dead! Death penalty.
bikerscum

San Jose, CA

#2 May 12, 2010
shirleyhadit wrote:
When are these low-life women going to stop hooking up with these "loser" boyfriend/husbands? The poor innocent children end up abused or dead! Death penalty.
And when are these low-life loser men going to stop doing things like this to their girlfriend/wife's poor innocent children?
bullseye

Scotts Valley, CA

#3 May 12, 2010
Animals do not even act like this. They deserve whatever is handed to them. It's very difficult to even imagine what hell that child must of gone through. I hope justice is done on these two losers.
Too Much

Ross, CA

#4 May 12, 2010
In Britain they have started prosecuting the mother too - for not reporting such heinous behavior.
hmmm

Mountain View, CA

#5 May 12, 2010
i wish a hadnt read that at all.
creeps

Boise, ID

#6 May 12, 2010
the mother let the abuse go on for several days! kill her!
Aptos Mom

Vallejo, CA

#7 May 12, 2010
That poor poor baby. My heart breaks at stories like this.
lynda c

Milpitas, CA

#8 May 12, 2010
sick creeps they need to be beaten and dis-figured and buried just as the boy was.
mr pinkslip

San Jose, CA

#9 May 12, 2010
MAY ETHAN FINALLY BE HAPPY AND AT PEACE IN THE ARMS OF THE LOVING ANGELS.TRULY TRAGIC STORY, HOW COULD ANYONE DO THIS TO A CHILD.
sunshine

Santa Clarita, CA

#10 May 12, 2010
Use the firing squad on both of these low life white trash. Maybe someone should give them the same punishment.
Trollbuster

Courtland, CA

#11 May 13, 2010
That is the face of true evil. they should both be tortured to death
jgolder

Walnut Creek, CA

#12 May 13, 2010
Gee, Sentinel...thanks for including all the sickening in depth details.

Maybe you could consider writing some in depth well researched stories on all the monkey business our local governing bodies are up to.

Something that might result in positive action to make the world a better place.
jgolder

Walnut Creek, CA

#13 May 13, 2010
This reminds me of the time I intervened and reported a case of child abuse from a step parent outside a restaurant in the Mohave Valley.

I was sitting in my car when I overheard an angry step"father" angrily telling a sobbing ten yr old girl why he had squeezed her hand to the point of pain under the restaurant table. "Don't ever look at me like that again!" he threatened. The poor child was holding her limp hand and crying "you didn't have to HURT ME like that!

After several minutes of this,I walked up to the man and told him he needed to learn a better way to discipline the child. Predictably, the man swore at me and told me to mind my own business.

Fortunately the owner happened to be coming in, recognized what was happening and told the family, which included the mom and two younger children, to leave. As the family left in an increasingly ugly mood, I called 911 and gave the sheriff the license and descriptions and got their promise to follow up with investigation & counseling and my contact info if necessary.

I was never contacted but I can only hope the family was, and that the parents learned how to handle their kids with gentler hands.

Since: May 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 May 13, 2010
bullseye wrote:
Animals do not even act like this.
Ohhhh, yes they do, yes they do. Males often kill offspring of other males.

Humans generally don't, but there is a reason to call guys like this guy an animal.

Death penalty for him, mandatory sterilization for her.

Since: Mar 09

San Francisco, CA

#15 May 13, 2010
The judge bears some responsibility here for ordering the child to visit his mother. 4 year old children are normally tightly bonded with their mothers. The child's unwillingness to even speak to her should have been a big red flag for the judge who should have ordered investigation of the mother and her living conditions before ordering the visit.

People need to step in either calling the police and asking for a wellness check or call your local child (or adult) protective services if you are uncomfortable speaking up. Document your observations and be proactive.

I hope justice will be served, life without the possibility of parole is appropriate for the mother, a bullet for the stepfather.
Mr Right

San Francisco, CA

#16 May 13, 2010
simply horrible news.
Linda Ponzini

Watsonville, CA

#17 May 13, 2010
"The judge bears some responsibility here..." Exactly. The judge should be tried as an accessory to murder.
Rocket J Squirrel

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 May 13, 2010
At least Utah still has capitol punishment so that state won't have to coddle scum for decades.
I have zero tolerance for abuse of children...
Mav

Aliso Viejo, CA

#19 May 13, 2010
shirleyhadit wrote:
Let's put the blame of this little angel's death on several parties involved:

1. The Mother. As a mother myself, NO ONE is going to lay a hand on my baby and there will be nothing left for the medical examiner to do when they find his/her body, or what's left of it. The Mother's top priority is to protect her child(ren) no matter what.

2. The Step Father. This tragedy would not have happened, had the mother not met this dirt bag. She allowed him into her home and exposed her baby to this beast. If I had to kill him myself, I would without batting an eyelash. Her too.

3. The Biological Father. He should be NO. 1 on the list, but because he wasn't around, he couldn't protect his son from the brutality of this monster. Any man who can't hold together his own family is NO man in my book.

4. The judge. Your Honor, your decision to allow this boy to spend summer with his mom and new step daddy has affected many lives. May you sleep well every night, Your Honor.

5. Rudy Gallegos, Mr. Sloop's lawyer. I hope you get death threats and get disbarred. You're the scum of the earth, just like the judge who sealed this little boy's fate.
Mav

Aliso Viejo, CA

#20 May 13, 2010
jgolder wrote:
This reminds me of the time I intervened and reported a case of child abuse from a step parent outside a restaurant in the Mohave Valley.
I was sitting in my car when I overheard an angry step"father" angrily telling a sobbing ten yr old girl why he had squeezed her hand to the point of pain under the restaurant table. "Don't ever look at me like that again!" he threatened. The poor child was holding her limp hand and crying "you didn't have to HURT ME like that!
After several minutes of this,I walked up to the man and told him he needed to learn a better way to discipline the child. Predictably, the man swore at me and told me to mind my own business.
Fortunately the owner happened to be coming in, recognized what was happening and told the family, which included the mom and two younger children, to leave. As the family left in an increasingly ugly mood, I called 911 and gave the sheriff the license and descriptions and got their promise to follow up with investigation & counseling and my contact info if necessary.
I was never contacted but I can only hope the family was, and that the parents learned how to handle their kids with gentler hands.
Steparents are NO parents to the child of their spouses. One in a million cases, they are proven to be loving, kinder parents than the biological parents. One in a million.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Layton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple who won $10,000 worth of groceries charg... Tue Pardon Pard 1
why does Ogden 13 gang call Sur 13 scraps? (Feb '12) Nov 13 Ccl013 98
News Mormon temple construction generating buzz in U... (Apr '11) Oct 30 The Bible Student 36
News StandardNET/Standard-Examiner (Jul '08) Oct 30 ralf 3
Possible prowler in Washington terrace Sep '17 Kasey 1
Layton Music Selection (Aug '12) Sep '17 Musikologist 17
News A police officer ruined their Subway business, ... Sep '17 Mullato 2

Layton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Layton Mortgages