• No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
36,001 - 36,020 of 75,187 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Jonny

United States

#36850 Mar 17, 2013
The judge:“This is the problem with social media”

Feministe’s Jill Filipovic tweeted that the judge in the case noted that the verdict is a lesson in “how you record things on social media that are so prevalent today. As she said,“Problem =/ the recording.”
Zane

United States

#36851 Mar 17, 2013
Author/blogger Michael Crooke:“It’s just buyer’s remorse”
Author/blogger Michael Crook, who additionally claims that “rape doesn’t exist,” won the race for most-likely-to-be-poorly-execu ted satire, at least until he took to his Twitter feed to demand that the survivor be “held accountable”, tell women that “skimpy clothing is pretty much implied consent” and encourage every woman to not “dress like a whore if you don’t want to be treated like one.”
Mandy

United States

#36852 Mar 17, 2013
Way too many people on Twitter:“Die, Jane Doe!”

Clearly, death threats are not the way to go.
Packing heat

United States

#36853 Mar 17, 2013
Lee Stranahan on Breitbart:“The town’s the real victim here”

Stranahan says that the media and Anonymous are the real villains in the case, though they really should’ve been paying more attention to rapes reported in Occupy camps anyway.
TAMARA

United States

#36854 Mar 17, 2013
Unbelievable how fu**cked up some people are.
Jesse

United States

#36855 Mar 17, 2013
At least they all flock together under one banner. Conservative hypocrites. The biggest group is in the GOP tent.
JAG

United States

#36856 Mar 17, 2013
Its amazing how conservative christians love to banter on about how civilized they are, especially when compared to the evil mooslimbs.
Mandy

United States

#36857 Mar 17, 2013
I was just checking Twitter and there are indeed sadly a large number of people with severe brain disabilities posting hideously vicious nonsense to side with the rapists (just because they're male football players) and blaming the victim for the players' terrible behavior.
Donnie

United States

#36858 Mar 17, 2013
Disgusting. Rape is somehow 'good' because it keeps a woman in her place? All women who dress 'provacatively' are somehow asking to be raped? Folks need to take a serious look at their morals and values if they somehow really believe this shit.
Zane

United States

#36859 Mar 17, 2013
This sums it up:
"You either have a god who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a god who simply watches it and says "When you're done, I'm going to punish you" If I could stop a person from raping a child I would. That's the difference between me and your god"
TAMARA

United States

#36860 Mar 17, 2013
The rapist's apology in-court was just an expression of regret that he took pics and put them online.
Donnie

United States

#36861 Mar 17, 2013
The stupidity of the human race is beyond bounds.
Packing Heat

United States

#36862 Mar 17, 2013
This isn't just football players. This is our entire society. Is this any different than the Taliban? "Women deserve it if they wear skimpy clothing"? In the year 2013? The CNN reporter should be fired Immediately. That is not reporting, that is editorializing. So is she - the reporter - saying it's "legitimate rape"? It sounds so from her statement. Disgusted. Disgusting. The football players are just like everyone else - there are consequences and there is punishment. The judge should be removed from the bench; this has nothing to do with social media and everything to do with - imagine this judge - justice as the woman with the blindfold and the scales and the sword. You have been weighed in the balance and are found wanting.
Mandy

United States

#36863 Mar 17, 2013
"The town of Stupidville is the real victim here..." says Breitfart
Zane

United States

#36864 Mar 17, 2013
Some real sick and twisted mother%$kers! They all must be uneducated tea baggers!
TAMARA

United States

#36865 Mar 17, 2013
Suppose it turns out she wasn't a victim of opportunity. That she wasn't drunk, she was drugged (her ex-boyfriend was at one of the parties, but wasn't called to testify).

Will these American Talibanistas still claim it was her fault? Probably.
TAMARA

United States

#36866 Mar 17, 2013
In Steubenville, a small, struggling former steel town on the bank of the Ohio River, the last five days of an excruciating rape trial and the months leading up to it have been racked with angst and division.

But at issue for many residents was not the specifics of the case alone: whether two stars of the town’s much-loved high school football team raped a drunken teenage girl during a night of wild parties.

It was also whether the town itself was being seen to be on trial. Some of the reporting had seemed to suggest something rotten in Steubenville, with stories of other teenagers sharing lurid pictures of the incident, and whispers – quickly denied – of a wider cover-up in the town.
Donnie

United States

#36867 Mar 17, 2013
suppose that justaliar is bored to tears and all alone with her keyboard...just suppose....
Donnie

United States

#36868 Mar 17, 2013
the jury has spoken, they saw the evidence you didn't STFU...
Jesse

United States

#36869 Mar 17, 2013
2008 Obama said Bush's 9.5 trillion dollars debt was unpatriotic....but somehow Obama's 2013 debt of 17 trillion is just fine.

Liberal progressive thinking at it's worse!

Boehner also has a problem. He doesn't represent the conservative point of view. He doesn't speak for me or my family. I think it's time to retire some of these embedded politicians.

I'll go a step further. Carl Rove is nothing more than part of the problem in Washington. Lobbyists,consultants and their connections to crooked politicians. They are bought and paid for. Rove's snarkie response to Palin's CPAC comments. What Rove doesn't understand is Palin didn't finish her term as governor because the state of Alaska had to pay for her legal expenses because she was governor. The left was filing every bogus lawsuit they could dream up and the Alaskan taxpayer had to pay to defend Palin. She cared more than her state than she did about what political hacks would say about her. Rove is a political hack in my opinion, he's loyalty is how he can leverage power for personal gain. Whether you like or dislike Palin she didn't use her people in Alaska when she could have so easily to "save" face. All the lawsuits never prove any wrong doing on her part they were a political stunt. It worked in marginalizing her voice. To me if you wanted to improve America why not marginalize Nancy Pelosi? That would be a worthy cause!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Fri Gustoffl 2,631
check out Lawton youtube video Fri KingThad 1
Medicine Park virtually off-limits to sex offen... Fri maby 2
Really who is P. Webb? Aug 24 savoy 1
marvin johnson 11 Aug 20 marvin johnson 1
City limits Aug 19 Just wondering 1
taylor stein attorney (Jul '11) Aug 18 LettaMego 28
•••
•••
Lawton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••