Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Funny AsHell wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís correct for those that stay here. My Grandfather (Packing Heat) says we are moving out of this country pretty soon to live until that Damn Purple Lip Kenyan is gone. By the way, Gramps says hello to all except the Obamanite libtards.
Not a surprise you are related to Packing Heat. I thought your post sounded alot like his. Tell him Tamara says HI. I hope all is well his way.
Funny AsHell

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Not a surprise you are related to Packing Heat. I thought your post sounded alot like his. Tell him Tamara says HI. I hope all is well his way.

Just told him you said hello and he says hello to you too and hopes all is well your way. Also he said tell you if he gets a chance, he will get on here and chat with you. He has a bunch of friends here right now at the lakehouse.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Funny AsHell wrote:
<quoted text>
Just told him you said hello and he says hello to you too and hopes all is well your way. Also he said tell you if he gets a chance, he will get on here and chat with you. He has a bunch of friends here right now at the lakehouse.
Thanks!
I am not asking to offend you being the Grandson you cannot be all that old. I am guessing in your twenties. If I am right you have insight to what is going on in this country way beyond your years. If I am right this is refreshing. But then you have had a good teacher.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

There has been a report on cell phone being handed out to homeless and people one step above homeless people. They are only suppose to get one phone. But more often than not some have at least 8 or more cell phones. This has been report on Oklahoma city channel 9 News. " Despite Reforms Federal Cell Phone Program Still Plague by Fraud". In 2011 there were 369,000 Lifeline subscribers in Oklaohma and we paid cell phone companies $122 million in government subsides. Subscribers more than doubled paying those companies $236 million in 2012 and thats after the so called reformed. Oklahoma paid more Lifeline subsides to cell phone companies than any other state last year. There are 800,000 free Lifeline phones in Oklahoma enough for 1 in 5 Oklahomans to have a cell phone. So many that another area code may have to be added.

Since: Jul 12

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Funny AsHell wrote:
A new study from the widely respected National Bureau of Economic Research released this week has confirmed beyond question that the left's race-baiting attacks on the housing market (the Community Reinvestment Act--enacted under Carter, made shockingly more aggressive under Clinton) is directly responsible for imploding the housing market and destroying the economy.
The study painstakingly sorted through failed home loans that caused the housing market collapse and identified an overwhelming connection between them and CRA mortgages.
Again, let's review:
-President Bush went to Congress repeatedly for years warning them that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were going to destroy the economy (17 times in 2008 alone). Democrats continuously ignored him, shut down his proposals along party lines and continued raiding the institutions for campaign contributions on their way down.
Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown.
-John McCain also co-sponsored urgently critical reforms that would have prevented the housing market collapse, but Democrats shut that down as well, along party lines, and even openly ridiculed anyone who suggested reforms were necessary...to protect their taxpayer-funded campaign contributions as the economy raced uncontrollably toward the cliff.
-No one was making bad loans to unqualified people until Democrats came along and threatened to drag banks into court and have them fined and branded as racists if they didn't go along with the left's Affirmative Action lending policies...all while federally insuring their losses. Even the New York Times warned in the late 1990s that Democrats continuing to force banks into lowering their standards would lead to this exact catastrophe.
-Obama himself is even on the record personally helping sue one lender (Citibank) into lowering its lending standards to include people from extremely poor and unstable areas, which even one of the left's favorite blatantly partisan "fact-checkers," Snopes, admits (while pretending to 'set the record straight').
-Even The New York Times admitted that there is "little evidence" of any connection between the "Republican" deregulation measures Obama blames, like the Gramm-Bleach-Liley Act (signed into law by a Democrat), and the collapse of the housing market.
But non-Fox media have spent years deliberately and relentlessly inoculating people against the facts, training them to mindlessly blame Bush for being in charge when Democrat policies destroyed the economy. So here we sit, to this day, still watching Obama excuse and shrug off endless economic failures, illegal government takeovers and utter national bankruptcy with zero accountability.
Wow. Nice.
Funny AsHell

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks!
I am not asking to offend you being the Grandson you cannot be all that old. I am guessing in your twenties. If I am right you have insight to what is going on in this country way beyond your years. If I am right this is refreshing. But then you have had a good teacher.

I am not offended. A lot of people say I am just like him and no I am not quite 20 but will be soon. He has taught me a lot about politics and the business world.
Funny AsHell

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

DistinctlyOK wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Nice.

Thanks but I must be honest my Grandfather is the one who brought this one to my attention.
MistyGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Funny AsHell wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks but I must be honest my Grandfather is the one who brought this one to my attention.
Hi, I happened to notice a couple of threads I used to post on had some activity that caught my attention. Yours was one since you mentioned your grandfather was "packing heat". Please give my regards to your granddad I enjoyed many conversations on politics and business with him in the past.

I agree with my friend Tamara you are more mature than most your age and it's refreshing and wonderful to see your grandfather has taught you to think for yourself!

To Tamara, great to see your still giving them hell and using common sense to win a debate! Take care little lady.
Funny AsHell

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I happened to notice a couple of threads I used to post on had some activity that caught my attention. Yours was one since you mentioned your grandfather was "packing heat". Please give my regards to your granddad I enjoyed many conversations on politics and business with him in the past.
I agree with my friend Tamara you are more mature than most your age and it's refreshing and wonderful to see your grandfather has taught you to think for yourself!
To Tamara, great to see your still giving them hell and using common sense to win a debate! Take care little lady.

Thank you for your kind words and I will tell Gramps when he returns this evening. He is very good about explaining things to me, more so about business.

Tamara, Gramps sends his best wishes your way and says he apologizes for not taking the time to chat with you. He and a couple of his friends are preparing to leave on a trip.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Funny AsHell wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words and I will tell Gramps when he returns this evening. He is very good about explaining things to me, more so about business.
Tamara, Gramps sends his best wishes your way and says he apologizes for not taking the time to chat with you. He and a couple of his friends are preparing to leave on a trip.
Hey no problem. I just always enjoyed your Grandfather's imput to things along with Mistygirl's. Your Grandfather give me alot to think about and to look into. But like I said before you said you were related to Packing Heat I saw alot of your Grandfather in your posts. Tell him to have a really good trip!
tariff

Sapulpa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

msbobbie wrote:
Yeppers, only people who choose to own and drive a car are forced to buy car insurance.
I know. Transportation is a necessity; but what about my elderly friends who do not own cars and drive? They depend on their neighbors and family members or the KATZ bus when they have to go somewhere.
Should they be forced to buy car insurance?
The big deal about forcing people to purchase insurance is there are some who prefer to self insure. They have medical savings accounts they put money into instead of purchasing insurance and when they have a medical cost, they pay for it them self.
That is just for starters.
I will be voting YES on SQ756 and voting for John Doak for State Insurance Commissioner.
ObamaCare takes that option away from them. By 2014 everyone must have health care insurance, or you will be fined. They are going to hire 16,000 new IRS people to make sure those fines get paid.
If your employer provides health care insurance for you and your family, the cost of that insurance is going to be added to your earned income and you will have to pay taxes on it.
Unless you have one of those Cadillac union policies. You know how they are going to pay for that? By removing vision and dental coverage for children.
Medicare patients are going to have to take a number and wait to be seen by whoever the Obama Team decides to send them too.
so you don't want to pay for car insurance, you have savings to pay your accident and care expenses, if you drive and hit me , you have enough in that savings account to pay for injuries to my family and if one of my family is killed by your negligence, you have enough property and money in your savings account to pay me when I sue you? You drive uninsured your car will be towed and you will go to jail, it is best economically to get insurance and make sure you self insure with uninsured motorist and med pay to keep you out of bankruptcy when an uninsured motorist hits you and you go to intensive care and maybe left crippled for life as what happened to my granddaughter

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

DistinctlyOK wrote:
I see that tons has changed in this argument.
Yes, still same ole bull crap with different names spouting out hate, fear and their own personal brand of hallucinations.
love them

Elk City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

everybody will get screwed no matter what
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, still same ole bull crap with different names spouting out hate, fear and their own personal brand of hallucinations.
Just because some disagree with you doesnot say they are spouting crap! Don't forget most on here live in the U.S.A. where you don't and it sounds like it has been awhile since you have!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Good Golly Miss Molly: this gun thing is getting out of hand Or is it just being report on more in the news? I will be willing to bet that most of the stores about people and their guns, the people do not have them legally. No matter what the government comes up with in gun controll people will find a way to buy them legally or illegally! Usually it is the people that have gotten them illegally are the ones causing the trouble.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

What is everyones take on miniumum wages being raised. I have mixed feelings about this in regards to the economy. This may hit small businesses hard and might have to let people go and/or also raise prices if it is in the business of selling products of any kind. Then if it is a business with 50 or more employees and having to pick up the total amount of employees health care cost and the raising of pay per hour that business may have to lay off employees and/or charge more for their products. And who gets hit hard by this is the consumers.

There was a man being interviewed on TV about earning miniumum wage and that it was impossible to raise 3 kids on miniumum wage. So know that you are in the low income bracket why the heck do these people have so many kids?
Funny AsHell

Vinita, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
What is everyones take on miniumum wages being raised. I have mixed feelings about this in regards to the economy. This may hit small businesses hard and might have to let people go and/or also raise prices if it is in the business of selling products of any kind. Then if it is a business with 50 or more employees and having to pick up the total amount of employees health care cost and the raising of pay per hour that business may have to lay off employees and/or charge more for their products. And who gets hit hard by this is the consumers.
There was a man being interviewed on TV about earning miniumum wage and that it was impossible to raise 3 kids on miniumum wage. So know that you are in the low income bracket why the heck do these people have so many kids?

In some cases it is cheaper in the long run to automate where possible and get rid of the cheap unskilled labor and related cost - higher wages, mandatory healthcare etc. My grandfather is working with a group now to help some companies relocate overseas. I think if the law was passed it would hurt to unskilled laborers. Of course I doubt they can pass it will the gridlock in Washington. Time will tell what if anything they can pass.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Funny AsHell wrote:
<quoted text>
In some cases it is cheaper in the long run to automate where possible and get rid of the cheap unskilled labor and related cost - higher wages, mandatory healthcare etc. My grandfather is working with a group now to help some companies relocate overseas. I think if the law was passed it would hurt to unskilled laborers. Of course I doubt they can pass it will the gridlock in Washington. Time will tell what if anything they can pass.
I know the people working for $7.25 an hour is excited about the thought of making $9 an hour. But what majority of people do not realize is we will see people laid off, or hours cut and the price of a majority of things will go up. So the pay scale raise will be eaten up by many things. Then the people that pay scale stays the same will also be paying more because of higher prices. So about the only that changes is people get to say I now am making $9 an hour instead of $7.25.

But what gets me is like the man this reporter was talking about what he thought of prospect of making $9 an hour said he thought it was a good deal for him because he could not support his family which is him, a wife and 3 kids. But if you can not and know you can not support have so many kids then why do these people have so many. Yes I do know accidents can happen but I am sorry him and people like him really should not be my problem. But those people seem to make it my problem along with the majority of this country's problem.

Now for people that are pist at this country and just wants to up and leave that is their business. But not everyone can do that or want to do that. If my whole family could not go then I could not go. It is like one day sometime back the area I lived in was having a lot of tornadoes popping up and down. My neighbor had an in ground storm cellar and wanted me to go down with them. But when I realize there was no way I could get my 2 very large dogs down there I could not go and leave them behind. So I did not go to the storm cellar. A tornado missed my house by 1/4 of a mile. I feel also it is my duty to stay and do the best to make things right for this country even if my effort is small in comparison to others.
Dano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I know the people working for $7.25 an hour is excited about the thought of making $9 an hour. But what majority of people do not realize is we will see people laid off, or hours cut and the price of a majority of things will go up. So the pay scale raise will be eaten up by many things. Then the people that pay scale stays the same will also be paying more because of higher prices. So about the only that changes is people get to say I now am making $9 an hour instead of $7.25.
But what gets me is like the man this reporter was talking about what he thought of prospect of making $9 an hour said he thought it was a good deal for him because he could not support his family which is him, a wife and 3 kids. But if you can not and know you can not support have so many kids then why do these people have so many. Yes I do know accidents can happen but I am sorry him and people like him really should not be my problem. But those people seem to make it my problem along with the majority of this country's problem.
Now for people that are pist at this country and just wants to up and leave that is their business. But not everyone can do that or want to do that. If my whole family could not go then I could not go. It is like one day sometime back the area I lived in was having a lot of tornadoes popping up and down. My neighbor had an in ground storm cellar and wanted me to go down with them. But when I realize there was no way I could get my 2 very large dogs down there I could not go and leave them behind. So I did not go to the storm cellar. A tornado missed my house by 1/4 of a mile. I feel also it is my duty to stay and do the best to make things right for this country even if my effort is small in comparison to others.
yeah,$9 dollars and hour sounds great until you realize the cost of an employee raises the overhead operation cost of a company and "wallah" major price increases are headed down the pike for the american consumer. There will also be layoffs because small business cannot afford to pay higher cost in payroll.
Delbert McFarland

Coweta, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I know the people working for $7.25 an hour is excited about the thought of making $9 an hour. But what majority of people do not realize is we will see people laid off, or hours cut and the price of a majority of things will go up. So the pay scale raise will be eaten up by many things. Then the people that pay scale stays the same will also be paying more because of higher prices. So about the only that changes is people get to say I now am making $9 an hour instead of $7.25.
sounds like you been watching the zeitgeist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lawton Discussions

Search the Lawton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Safe House at 2704 N/E 9th 11 hr Allen Richards 4
chanc gray Wed Cherriuwromg 1
taylor stein attorney (Jul '11) Jul 29 imafungirl 26
For female G.I.s, 'nothing seems to change' in ... (Dec '07) Jul 28 Max S 4
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 el Jesus 2,591
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Jul 28 Jesus 11,284
Debate: Marijuana - Lawton, OK (Aug '10) Jul 27 Cody 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lawton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lawton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE