1984 Death of Marsha Kay Clark Peterson

Posted in the Lawton Forum

curious

White Hall, AR

#1 Apr 9, 2011
Does anyone out there remember this case? Daniel E. Peterson beat his wife Marsha Kay Clark Peterson to death with a baseball bat. Marsha's mother at the time was wheel chair bond and could not do anything to help her daughter, as he beat her to death in front of her. He hit her 13 times, 7 of which was in the head. When the case went to trial he recieved 1st degree manslauter and was given a 20 year sentence. He was out in 5 years. I'm looking for any additional information people may have on this case. If you we're a neighbor, a friend or just heard talk around town. Please leave your comments! Thank you so much!
from Missouri

United States

#3 Apr 9, 2011
curious wrote:
Does anyone out there remember this case? Daniel E. Peterson beat his wife Marsha Kay Clark Peterson to death with a baseball bat. Marsha's mother at the time was wheel chair bond and could not do anything to help her daughter, as he beat her to death in front of her. He hit her 13 times, 7 of which was in the head. When the case went to trial he recieved 1st degree manslauter and was given a 20 year sentence. He was out in 5 years. I'm looking for any additional information people may have on this case. If you we're a neighbor, a friend or just heard talk around town. Please leave your comments! Thank you so much!
I remember bits and pieces...she was my aunt.

Since: Jun 11

Washington, OK

#4 Jun 24, 2011
curious wrote:
Daniel was released from prison in November of 1990.
Marsha Kay Clark Turner

Pardeeville, WI

#6 Oct 30, 2011
Yes i know all about that fathfull day for i am Marsha Kay Clark Peterson's daughter!! That was the worst day of my life because i was there that day. I don't know if you will get this or if you even check this thing but if you do why do you want to know about that day in Jan,1984?
curious

Jefferson City, MO

#7 Nov 5, 2012
I'm a relative and was doing some family history. I was a child myself when she was murdered. I only wanted to know why he only served 5 years for this vicious crime. The family never talked much about it because it was so painful. I just wondered why there wasn't more news available on the case... I feel he did not receive just punishment is all. I'm so sorry for the horrible tragedy you have suffered through.
curious

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Roadrunner, how did you know that he was released? Do you know him or how are you familiar with the case? I only want to know because I'd like to find out more information about the court proceedings and why he was only charged with manslaughter. My poor aunt had to watch this crime take place and died knowing an injustice was done. Any help would be appreciated.
alesa Peterson Johnson

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 9, 2013
Just leave my dad alone pl its in past leave it there i would love to know about my mom i think about her every day of my life
MARSHA KAY TURNER

Mineral Point, WI

#10 Jan 23, 2013
curious wrote:
Roadrunner, how did you know that he was released? Do you know him or how are you familiar with the case? I only want to know because I'd like to find out more information about the court proceedings and why he was only charged with manslaughter. My poor aunt had to watch this crime take place and died knowing an injustice was done. Any help would be appreciated.
I want to know what is all of this about? What is this about? And my sister is right leave our dad alone.. Yes he did this bad thing but it should not make up the rest of his life.. And he was a dad to me when he did not have to be.. Why are you all wanting to know about this.. I happened a long time ago.. And i do mean a long time like 29 years.. LEAVE IT IN THE PAST!!!
Ummmmm

Marietta, GA

#11 Jun 22, 2014
Why in the world would you want anything to do with this man who took your mother away in such a brutal manner???? He deserved to rot his life away in prison. No justice has been served here. But at least he will answer to Gods judgement and it won't be pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gangs in lawton - is this sickening or what? (Sep '07) Thu BaabeeJayy 168
r swingers..... (Aug '13) Wed Allen Richards 22
Massage w/happy ending (Apr '12) Dec 13 580law 7
lauren that lives behind phillips 66 on cache Dec 13 580law 5
Woman's son finds Nazi ring in toy vending machine Dec 13 Homes 1
Mom says children were unjustly taken away (Jan '06) Dec 8 Ginger 57
What do you think of Lawton? (Apr '06) Dec 6 sherry 173
Lawton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lawton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lawton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lawton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:53 pm PST

NBC Sports12:53PM
DeMarco Murray questionable, won't have to run "gauntlet" to prove he can play
ESPN12:55 PM
Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play