Carlisle charged with stealing city f...

Carlisle charged with stealing city funds

There are 7 comments on the Pittsburghlive.com story from Apr 11, 2007, titled Carlisle charged with stealing city funds. In it, Pittsburghlive.com reports that:

A judge this morning arraigned Pittsburgh City Councilwoman Twanda Carlisle on charges she diverted more than $43,000 in city money through consultants and into her personal and campaign bank accounts. via Pittsburghlive.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburghlive.com.

eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 11, 2007
Throw her in jail, that's what I say. On the KDKA 5pm news today, her mother was interviewed. Her mother is already claiming racism. For whatever reason, she said this is equal to Don Imus calling the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy headed hoes".. Jon Delano asked her why, and told her that has nothing to do with her daughter's troubles. Obviously, mom had no rebuttal. Excuse, excuses. Take responsibility for once.
nancy

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 11, 2007
What Imus said was horrible, but Carlisle's mother is taking advantage of the racism arguement. Is that her only defense? Meanwhile her daughter may have stolen thousands of dollars from taxpayers. How sad!
ben dover

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Apr 12, 2007
Would you expect anything less? I was just waiting for the "r" word in this instance. It is an easy cop-out and covers up the real issue at hand. Shamelessly, the media will probably take this angle and run with it.
nancy

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Apr 12, 2007
Guess what Ben, just saw Carlisle's mother on PCNC talk show Nighttalk. Most people I know just want " all people who make racist, sexist, etc. comments to pay a price just like Imus.
eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Apr 12, 2007
Maybe Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson will go to bat for her?
nancy wrote:
Guess what Ben, just saw Carlisle's mother on PCNC talk show Nighttalk. Most people I know just want " all people who make racist, sexist, etc. comments to pay a price just like Imus.
ben dover

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Apr 13, 2007
Would not surprise me in the least. All of these race-baiters and poverty pimps have no scruples at all. Just look at the 3 students from Duke. Jackson and Sharpton were down there crying racism and rallying the "troops". Turns out the woman lied about the whole scenario. Do you even get an apology from these scum who have basically ruined their lives for the time being? NO. I feel for the black community that this is their leadership. These scumbags have done NOTHING to advance their people, and nobody since MLK has. What a waste.
nancy

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Apr 13, 2007
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson love the limelight and the power they think they have over a certain group of people that they know they can bully. They also know that going up against hip hop, rapper moguls may get them snuffed out. Now that the door was opened I'm anxious to see Mr. Sharpton take them on. Watch out Al!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Weak police action on noise ordinance (Nov '10) Nov '15 Bob Powers 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8
Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead (Sep '14) Sep '14 FeelBetterNow 1
News High school stabbing victim has another surgery (Apr '14) Apr '14 WTAE 1
hot shot companies needed (Jun '11) Jan '14 countrymouse2302 4
News Red Light Cameras Coming To Pittsburgh Intersec... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Old Fool da Troll 11
free online dat ing tonight! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Hai Satunas 1

Lawrenceville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrenceville Mortgages