First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hmillmom

Smyrna, GA

#1 Nov 5, 2008
I have three daughters(which all like to tan). Believe me it gets expensive taking all of us to a salon!! Well i have tried all the competition;Cabana Tan, Outback, Tango, aris. Unique tan is the most affordable and my girls say they have never gotten this kind of color after only a few visits! The guy behind the counter was very nice and knowledgable. He helped us through everything. This place definitly needs to be on your list if you are a tanner. I am glad this place is open!
LMU insider

Suwanee, GA

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Hmillmom wrote:
I have three daughters(which all like to tan). Believe me it gets expensive taking all of us to a salon!! Well i have tried all the competition;Cabana Tan, Outback, Tango, aris. Unique tan is the most affordable and my girls say they have never gotten this kind of color after only a few visits! The guy behind the counter was very nice and knowledgable. He helped us through everything. This place definitly needs to be on your list if you are a tanner. I am glad this place is open!
I'm a handsome,intelligent 22 year old new to town, how about introducing me lol?
CutieBooty

Smyrna, GA

#3 Nov 9, 2008
This place is beautiful!! I go to mill creek high school, all the tanning salons around here seem to be very expensive. Not only that but the beds arn't good at all. After just one time in UniqueTan's Level 3 bed, i got real dark!! I also have been to all the tanning salons around. None of them compare. Quit wasting your money and go try this place! plus the guy behind the counter is very cute. I had read about him in the neighborhood news. He is a Mill Creek Graduate too!
dacula mom

Palmetto, GA

#4 Nov 10, 2008
Hmillmom wrote:
I Agree! Wonderful tanning salon!!
DaculaGirl

Smyrna, GA

#5 Dec 31, 2008
I went to check out the two tanning salons in Dacula that are advertising "Cheap Tanning" well the first one was one that has been in town a while and they have 50% off all packages. All their equipment looks like it came from 1980. The other is a new one in town that just opened close to the sonics, they have been working really hard on advertising, I see their trucks everywhere! Well it looks nice inside but i tried the "One week free" pass and i wasnt very satisfied. It seems like all their energy went into looking cool and not tanning. Well a little further down, right past Golds Gym, theres this new place unique tan. The inside is beautiful. I have never seen beds like in this place. I actually get color after just 1 time in the bed! but the best part is THIER PRICES!!! If you still arn't sure which salon to choose, do what i did. Check everyone else out then go to uniqu tan last. they dont try to get your credit card or bank account information, like some of the others, they just have low prices for very very nice equipment! Sorry for writing a novel guys :)
Trixiecupcake

Norcross, GA

#6 Jan 2, 2009
Yeah but when you call to ask their prices they want you to come in of course for the hard sell which is BAD business to me. Had my daughter call and they wouldn't answer her question about packages and promos. And I noticed no one here who has posted lists the prices they paid which makes me assume these posts are shrills. I could care less what the guy looks like (he's Hispanic btw)or whether he graduated from Mill Creek (loser school). I want a website and prices!
DaculaGirl

Smyrna, GA

#7 Jan 9, 2009
Surprisingly I only need to go about once a week to get good color. I only pay $4 to tan in their Turbo bed! You really can't beat that! And I am not in any contract. And I dont have to give them any credit card information. It's a very nice salon. I dont mean to start a fight, i was just looking for their website and stumbled upon these reviews. I figured i would give my 2 cents!
percey

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Jan 16, 2009
They don't have a website but there was an ad in one of the local papers and their contracts start at 9.99 a month but it doesn't say which bed, The promo said 9.99 a week for tanning without contract or a free week with a contract. No freebie, try it out deal like the salon in Dacula that opened by Sonic. Personally I think tans = farmer and skin cancer, give me a beautiful porcelain skin beauty any day.
mrs-right

Suwanee, GA

#9 Feb 20, 2009
I have been to both 24 hr. tan as well as Unique Tan and let me tell you ..I CAN TELL A HUGE DIFFERENCE! Im a very honest person and will say both salon's are nice, but Unique Tan is BY FAR better and ALL their tanning beds are BRAND NEW and *real* bronzing beds, unlike other tanning salon's I have been to that try to fool you by having cheap beds with extra strong bulbs which do nothing but burn the h*LL out of you!I experienced this at 24. hr Tan which is primarilly the reason I stopped going (that and my free week was up)(: It just shocked me because I have very olive to dark skin tone and have NEVER gotten burnt.I have been tanning at Unique Tan for about 3 months now and not burned 0NCE and saw results the very FIRST time I tanned! Not to mention, VERY affordable and convenient(memberships starting as low as 9.99) and the variety of packages(I can buy individual tanning sessions if i do not plan on tanning that much at all or month memberships if i plan on coming alot more) basically packages that fit my budget and even schedule, Y0U CAN'T BEAT THAT! You can just tell by the quality of equipment, appearance, and products that the young man at the Unique Tan puts his customer's first, and must I add VERY friendly, kind, and handsome! Someone who seems knowledgeable and very confident who I trust 100%,as oppossed to the same 'fake nice' people whose goals are just to take your money! Apperance and first impressions are a big deal. Unique Tan is VERY upscale, clean, and classy..DEFFINATELY stands out among ANY other tanning salon I have ever been to in the area. I HIGHLY reccomend it!

...now for my 2cents...
trixiecupcake- laziness will not get you very far. if you are such a concerned parent as you make yourself out to be, you would understand you cant always have things your way and maybe make an effort to leave your computer.You make yourself out to be very ignorant in your above comment and quite frankly i would be embarrased if i was your daughter and found this.Here's a suggestion; make your own damn website and shut the hell up!
New to tanning

Winder, GA

#10 Mar 27, 2009
I just moved to Dacula and have been looking for a place to tan. When I yellow paged salons I found a few places that were prospective but leaned more towards 24 Hour Tan because of the staff, the flexibility, and their beds. I went to visit both salons and the guy in Unique Tan gave me the creeps. Talk about pedofiles coming to get you at night, what about the predator that runs the place. After my visit I googled both salons and found this blog. There is no way that I would ever go back there after seeing the nasty posts about the other salon.(24 Hr). I went to that blog as well.

I was under the impression that blogs were supposed to be informational and based on both facts and opinions for the purpose of helping others--Not for bashing the competitition. The other thing that caught my eye was the fact that every jugement made is biased. How is an individual going to say that the post is nuts or completely off base by just stating facts. You all should be appauled at yourselves...acting like a bunch of elementary school brats. Any salon that would stoop that low is not worth my time.
GaGirl86

Cumming, GA

#11 Mar 30, 2009
I have been going to UNIQUE TAN now for about a month. I had a great first impression when walking into the salon for the first time. Everything was spotless, The owner was very friendly and dropped everything to walk me through each bed and the prices. Not only is it neat & clean but its REALLY affordable. The hours are good and even if you get there right on the dot.. he still welcomes you to come on in and tan.

I have REALLY fair skin adn can never get a tan and about after a week I had a great tan started. I HIGHLY reccommend this salon.
theresonly1

Atlanta, GA

#12 Apr 2, 2009
New to tanning wrote:
I just moved to Dacula and have been looking for a place to tan. When I yellow paged salons I found a few places that were prospective but leaned more towards 24 Hour Tan because of the staff, the flexibility, and their beds. I went to visit both salons and the guy in Unique Tan gave me the creeps. Talk about pedofiles coming to get you at night, what about the predator that runs the place. After my visit I googled both salons and found this blog. There is no way that I would ever go back there after seeing the nasty posts about the other salon.(24 Hr). I went to that blog as well.
I was under the impression that blogs were supposed to be informational and based on both facts and opinions for the purpose of helping others--Not for bashing the competitition. The other thing that caught my eye was the fact that every jugement made is biased. How is an individual going to say that the post is nuts or completely off base by just stating facts. You all should be appauled at yourselves...acting like a bunch of elementary school brats. Any salon that would stoop that low is not worth my time.
Pedofile? That's one of the nicest business people I've met in quite a while! And to be so young he has a great future. Sounds like you are the one back in highschool if that! Didn't your MOM teach you manners... remember what goes around comes around!
Everyone needs to stop

Winder, GA

#13 Apr 3, 2009
mrs-right wrote:
I have been to both 24 hr. tan as well as Unique Tan and let me tell you ..I CAN TELL A HUGE DIFFERENCE! Im a very honest person and will say both salon's are nice, but Unique Tan is BY FAR better and ALL their tanning beds are BRAND NEW and *real* bronzing beds, unlike other tanning salon's I have been to that try to fool you by having cheap beds with extra strong bulbs which do nothing but burn the h*LL out of you!I experienced this at 24. hr Tan which is primarilly the reason I stopped going (that and my free week was up)(: It just shocked me because I have very olive to dark skin tone and have NEVER gotten burnt.I have been tanning at Unique Tan for about 3 months now and not burned 0NCE and saw results the very FIRST time I tanned! Not to mention, VERY affordable and convenient(memberships starting as low as 9.99) and the variety of packages(I can buy individual tanning sessions if i do not plan on tanning that much at all or month memberships if i plan on coming alot more) basically packages that fit my budget and even schedule, Y0U CAN'T BEAT THAT! You can just tell by the quality of equipment, appearance, and products that the young man at the Unique Tan puts his customer's first, and must I add VERY friendly, kind, and handsome! Someone who seems knowledgeable and very confident who I trust 100%,as oppossed to the same 'fake nice' people whose goals are just to take your money! Apperance and first impressions are a big deal. Unique Tan is VERY upscale, clean, and classy..DEFFINATELY stands out among ANY other tanning salon I have ever been to in the area. I HIGHLY reccomend it!
...now for my 2cents...
trixiecupcake- laziness will not get you very far. if you are such a concerned parent as you make yourself out to be, you would understand you cant always have things your way and maybe make an effort to leave your computer.You make yourself out to be very ignorant in your above comment and quite frankly i would be embarrased if i was your daughter and found this.Here's a suggestion; make your own damn website and shut the hell up!
This is obnoxious! I know the owner of 24 Hour Tan in Dacula personally and she is such a good, sweet person. I'm sure that the man in Unique Tan is nice too. Why does everyone feel the need to bash them. If you have beef w/ the salon, fine. Don't care for the beds? Fine! The reason for having options is to have the ability to make choices.
Of course they want your money. You'd be crazy to open a business and not want to make profit. The owner of 24 hr. also cares 100% about her clients and gives personl tours of every room. Bottom line is she's not trash, not fake, and cares just as much about her business and the individuals that tan there as any business owner should.
As far as the "strong bulbs" are concearned, wouldn't it be nice to tan for less time? I think yes. Just don't stay in for as long as you're used to in older bulbed beds. It's not a hard concept. By the way, it's not the housing that bronzes you, it's the bulbs. 24 Hour Tan understands that in the fast paced world we live in we don't always get to do things for ourselves and the quicker we can get in and out the better. I'm a student, a wife, a mother of two, and I have a job. I can completely appreciate the 24 hour access. On another note, I understand having a credit card on file. You can't even rent a hotel room without one.
I just want all the bad mouthing to stop. It's not nice and hurts real human beings' feelings. There are big hearts attatched to these businesses that don't deserve to be broken.
C blair

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Apr 4, 2009
Trixiecupcake wrote:
Yeah but when you call to ask their prices they want you to come in of course for the hard sell which is BAD business to me. Had my daughter call and they wouldn't answer her question about packages and promos. And I noticed no one here who has posted lists the prices they paid which makes me assume these posts are shrills. I could care less what the guy looks like (he's Hispanic btw)or whether he graduated from Mill Creek (loser school). I want a website and prices!
You are a racist piece of crap.
C blair

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Apr 4, 2009
You are a racist piece of crap.
C blair

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Apr 4, 2009
You are aracist piece of crap!!!!
omg

United States

#18 Oct 15, 2009
Trixiecupcake ur a piece of shit i graduated from mill creek along with the guy from unique tan. its a great school and hes a great guy and has an amazing business. y dont you shut your mouth before you speak, YOU ARE TRASH!!
onePHITmama

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Oct 23, 2009
In my opnion, if you're looking for a tanning salon in this area, I suggest checking them all out and visting Unique Tans last. You'll appreciate the cleanliness, upbeat customer service, up to the date beds (yes, their STARTING BED is most other salons middle grade bed) and pricing. Pricing starts out at $35 unlimited for a level 3 bed. Just got back from a spray tan (which is an alternative for those of us wanting to retain our youthful appearance!)

I moved from an upscale tanning salon North of Millcreek H.S. to be closer to Gold's gym. I don't regret making the move and couldn't be happier with the salon.

jenny

Dacula, GA

#20 Feb 13, 2010
I'm going to vegas in 2 days and I was so excited to get a airbrush tan for like a month. I went today and it looked dark and great. I waited the amount he gave me which was six hours before taking a shower I did. Then it all washed off!!!! I'm not joking!! I barely have a bathing suit tan line. the people were very nice but I should have stuck to the regular tanning beds. I guess its kinda to late now..Does anyone know if they offer a guarantee or something?
Dacula Diva

Marietta, GA

#21 Feb 20, 2010
I get a spray at Unique almost every week. It always looks great. sometimes if your wearing some perfume or if you put on a lotion before you go in there it wont work well on your skin. I usually go straight out of the shower up there. If you had any problems Im sure they would fix it for free. They are great people up there. cuz it sounds like it worked just not as dark as you had hoped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 3 min Kentucky-Mitch 15
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 19 min rename 55,660
Law Student Charged With Murder (Mar '08) Sep 16 ladyluck937 132
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 15 The WB 2,055
Debate: Marijuana - Suwanee, GA (Dec '11) Sep 15 kai 18
Horny Women (Sep '13) Sep 12 The Devil 3
Debate: Marijuana - Snellville, GA (Aug '10) Sep 7 John 19
•••

Lawrenceville News Video

•••
•••

Lawrenceville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lawrenceville People Search