NGBSA-North Gwinnett Baseball/Softbal...
Mod Squad

Lawrenceville, GA

#42 May 23, 2012
PraisenFaith wrote:
Hee, hee, hee - hey Y'all watch this: Hey 'Mod Squad,' ehhh...this isn't about my child either. HAA! Bless you, Mod Squad, nonetheless.
What a horrible person you are PraisenFaith letting this dictator rule with an iron first over children. GOD is looking down on you in shame that you are not concerned enough about other children to report this baseball bully!

REPORT HERE! http://www.ngbsa.org/contacts
ACT NOW! Complain here: http://www.ngbsa.org/contacts

PraisenFaith - The truth shall set you free! Lies will send you to hell! GOD is watching!
Mod Squad

Lawrenceville, GA

#43 May 23, 2012
Kembel wrote:
I think you have sufficiently characterized yourself my little, ADHD dude.
I would rather be labeled ADHD that have a multiple personality disorder that tells bold face lies anonymously like a coward behind a fake screen name. You are your own worst enemy!

FOCUS on the TOPIC. This is about children that you say have suffered. You are a little coward if you do not report this coach for what he is about to put all star players through!

REPORT THIS DICTATOR NOW: http://www.ngbsa.org/contacts

FOCUS: GOD will haunt you until you make the right decision

Since: May 12

Suwanee, GA

#44 May 24, 2012
Thanks to everyone who validated and offered suggestions on next steps. There isn't much my daughter-in-law can do now, but I think doing some pre-screening and preparation next season, and when joining any athletic leagues is a good way to go. I think it was an unfortunate season for my grandson, but I know he is eager to sign up for baseball in the fall. We've helped my grandson to understand what happened and it turns out to be a nice little life lesson about adults, sportsmanship, and moving forward.

Thanks All!
moose

Lawrenceville, GA

#45 May 27, 2012
My son played NGBSA baseball for several years
and "daddy ball" has always existed and it is
a joke among some of the parents whose kids
and not given the same playing time. How can
a player develop his skills if he doesn't get
the same opportunity as the coach's kid?
How long do you sit out on the bench before you
lose interest and self-esteem?
moose

Lawrenceville, GA

#46 May 27, 2012
re: Mod Squad
You are patehic..are you a coach?
moose

Lawrenceville, GA

#47 May 28, 2012
Mod Squad...are you a stupid bully or whatever you are?
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#48 May 29, 2012
Daddyball, politics, or whatever you want to call it exists everywhere to some degree or another. Either you volunteer to coach or set back and complain - you have a choice. No one listens to hot aired parents anymore. The wussification of our youth seems to be happening in North Gwinnett. You parents need to get a life.
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#49 May 29, 2012
Suwanee Family Guy wrote:
Thanks to everyone who validated and offered suggestions on next steps. There isn't much my daughter-in-law can do now, but I think doing some pre-screening and preparation next season, and when joining any athletic leagues is a good way to go. I think it was an unfortunate season for my grandson, but I know he is eager to sign up for baseball in the fall. We've helped my grandson to understand what happened and it turns out to be a nice little life lesson about adults, sportsmanship, and moving forward.
Thanks All!
How are you going to prescreen an athletic league? Some people have way too much time on their hands and need to get a life. Obama and his worshipers are destroying this country and this is what you are worried about?
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#50 May 29, 2012
moose wrote:
re: Mod Squad
You are patehic..are you a coach?
You can't spell so I would watch who I call pathetic. Are you a coach? Sign up, or would you not pass the backgroung check?
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#51 May 29, 2012
Mod Squad wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather be labeled ADHD that have a multiple personality disorder that tells bold face lies anonymously like a coward behind a fake screen name. You are your own worst enemy!
FOCUS on the TOPIC. This is about children that you say have suffered. You are a little coward if you do not report this coach for what he is about to put all star players through!
REPORT THIS DICTATOR NOW: http://www.ngbsa.org/contacts
FOCUS: GOD will haunt you until you make the right decision
OK dude. I doubt anyone complained. This person just needs to vent.
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#52 May 29, 2012
moose wrote:
My son played NGBSA baseball for several years
and "daddy ball" has always existed and it is
a joke among some of the parents whose kids
and not given the same playing time. How can
If you want to develop your child's skills then go pay for hitting or throwing lessons like many parents do. Do you have any knowledge of the game that you can teach your child? Losing interest and self esteem would be your fault not a coach that he only sees a few hours a week.
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#53 May 29, 2012
moose wrote:
Mod Squad...are you a stupid bully or whatever you are?
Moose sounds like the stupid bully name.
Food4Thought

Lawrenceville, GA

#54 May 29, 2012
Mod Squad wrote:
<quoted text>
What a horrible person you are PraisenFaith letting this dictator rule with an iron first over children. GOD is looking down on you in shame that you are not concerned enough about other children to report this baseball bully!
REPORT HERE! http://www.ngbsa.org/contacts
ACT NOW! Complain here: http://www.ngbsa.org/contacts
PraisenFaith - The truth shall set you free! Lies will send you to hell! GOD is watching!
Dude I doubt the fire and brimstone approach would work. If a sarcastic look at reality doesn't work then nothing will. Funny stuff though.
momof5kds

Suwanee, GA

#55 Feb 5, 2013
NGBSA has gone down hill. The president and other board members took a great program and ran it into the ground with the daddy ball, good old boy crap. I have many stories to tell since we were in the park back in 1998 up until a couple of seasons ago. Mark Watkins, Eric Gentry and all the others are a bunch of redneck good old boys. You want to talk about daddy ball and getting on the board so he can control his son's league all stars and eventually a travel ball team. Gentry is a jerk and has no interest in the kids. If you suck up to him and the president and other board members they will tolerate you but it is always, and ONLY about them and their kids. We signed up for all stars and paid $300.00 to have our son stuck in the outfield the entire losing season. We lost every game while Gentry's son who never got on base was the lead off hitter. The first baseman's dad was the second coach and his son couldn't catch a ball to save his life. We asked them to make changes and they said they were building for next year. Amazingly the infield was lined with the coaches kids. At age 6 these boys all played circle and infield so it's not like there was any reason to lock them into positions. One summer practice Gentry had my son and the other outfielders run bases while the precious coaches kids had infield practice. One of the boys dropped to the ground so they decided to wrap it up. Needless to say my son and the other outfielders never had a ball hit to them that day. When confronted on this they denied it. I wish I had reported it the next day to the county since it is child abuse to make 5 and 6 year old boys run the bases nonstop in the summer. This is one of many stories at that park. The original board members were about all kids and they were our friends. they are so disappointed in what Mark has allowed to go on and they hear many complaints. We have seen guys like Brank and Gentry get involved to create opportunities for their kids but they do not care on bit about the program. The ultimate goal is to take a travel team and call all the shots for their kids all the way through. Those of you mocking the ones complaining need to get a grip. My kids all played all stars so it's not like I am living through my kids or bitter because my kids can't play. They were all athletic. My husband has coached and when he does he is the only coach to ever sit my daughter. She was always one of the top softball players. He is interested in all the kids and loves to see a child improve under him. He cares about each and every kid. It's a shame that the park is so full of selfish coaches and board members who truly only care about themselves. One season Mickey who was a softball board member held an all star spot for his daughter with a broken leg so she could be on the team. She had broke it during the season and would not be able to play but who cares. He took the spot from another girl to give it to his own daughter. I can tell you story after story about NGBSA.

Since: Mar 13

Buford, GA

#56 Mar 10, 2013
I came across this thread and signed-in...agree with the Daddy-ball at NGBSA. My guys played in this league last year. My youngest son had a GREAT coach - just very much about learning, having fun, fairness, and age-appropriate interaction. Ultimately, they went on to win the league championship and some of the most enjoyable baseball I have watched in over 40 years. My other son played on a team with a 'coach' who epitomized men behaving badly. There is no need to describe what was going on as it seems to be well captured by numerous examples throughout this thread, but just to add again, as a father, it was embarrassing and disappointing to me to see other fathers abuse the great past-time of baseball for their own interests and agendas. The losers were all of the kids and the community who observed some very unhealthy values and life lessons. I played ball competitively for many years and coached little league for a number of years and I used the game to teach baseball skills, the joy of play, and life values such as fairness, honesty, equity, and sportsmanship. Some seasons the win-loss column was positive and sometimes not, but every season ended with children having great memories and motivation to play more baseball. Today, it seems there are too many 'damaged' adults out there trying to re-live their glory days that they may have had or only wished they had, or use the position as 'coach' for attention, to exert control and authority, or simply to ensure their child receives as much play time as possible to fulfill dreams of their child going to the 'bigs.' I must also agree that there is also not much in place to prevent or address this problem either, as league 'policies' have no enforcement and are largely to run interference to concerned parents who do speak up. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any answers to address adult behavior - never has been. Hope does reign eternal.:)
Good of folks to speak up about this though.

Buford, GA

#57 Mar 16, 2013
Fact of the matter is if you're not 'connected' to the 'good 'ol boys' network of coaches or association as a coach or a buddy, unless your child is a very good player that can be used to get the win, chances are that he/she will not get the same play time. This seems just to be an extension of the adult world - it's not what you know, but who you know, that get's you the playtime. But I like the previous entry regarding adults behaving badly. Some of the guys who take the coaching role are very good and others are just corrupt, just as in life. I guess the best thing for parents to do is be sensitive to this reality and either look for a different league, team, or speak up and expose it when it happens.
The Next Dekalb

Lawrenceville, GA

#58 Mar 18, 2013
There are church leagues and the YMCA if your player is not that good and just wants to play for fun. The associations here in Gwinnett are serious because the pipeline connection to the high schools demand that they be that way. There is no coincidence that every high school cluster has a youth association / leaugue for practically every sport. Stop griping - it been this way forever and it is everywhere in the nation.

Stick around because Gwinnett County is going to go downhill. We are the next Dekalb County. Just look around you, we cannot stay dominate forever given the changing demographics and lower income levels in the county. There are thousands of kids being shipped into GCPS from Dekalb and they are also playing in our association. Open your eyes!
Geesh

Lawrenceville, GA

#59 Mar 18, 2013
moose wrote:
How can
You are his parent! That is your job, not a coach's nor a teacher's responsibity. The wussification of America is alive in your house. Be a parent, and stop expecting everyone to raise your children. Geesh

Buford, GA

#60 Mar 26, 2013
Didn't want to input as much as I have already, nor will I go beyond this as there really isn't much more that can be said other than to point out a fact and some bemusement..
FACT: NGBSA is a community RECREATION league. Each parent pays the registration fee so their child can play baseball.

BEMUSED:'Geesh'- it seems like you're signing in as multiple persons - your quote on 3/18 starts as 'moose wrote:' I actually read through this thread again and your commentary, and between your attempts to shift the issue of children and parents being treated unfairly and disrespectfully to personal attacks and labels and a 'how dare you question a coach!' defense, it really seems as though you are a very fearful, hateful fellow.

Not sure exactly what you mean when you proclaim Gwinnett County's decline, although you cite demographics and income levels. I feel no need to highlight your baseless, wild banter of demagogy as it seems it would be beyond your ability to understand anyway, and would only provoke more of your 'I know you are but what am I,' and 'you and your kids are wussifying America' level of retort. But bringing this back to baseball, your proclamations of baseball skill level and race/income level are equally atrocious as you ignore the fact that professional baseball players come from all walks of life (not exactly sure which race/income/religious/politica l faction you deem to be best suited to baseball) and if you tune into ESPN or other sports reports, you may see that just recently the Dominican Republic went undefeated beating Puerto Rico in the international baseball competition. Or you can look at the make-up of pro teams and hall of famers, and hopefully see that the reality doesn't fit your world view.

HOPE: Adults taking on coaching roles will behave honestly, ethically, and display model sportsmanship, and not use the team and league for their own self-interests.

Signed - a mature, educated, experienced and successful adult who believes in personal responsibility, personal and public accountability, ethics, and creating dynamic environments for all children to learn and love sports.

Regards to all - farewell to all! See you at the sports fields!
What R U Thinking

Lawrenceville, GA

#61 Mar 27, 2013
This IS the Lawrenceville section, why does the previous poster from Duluth feel the need to ridicule other posters? The reason is you don't agree with their accurate viewpoint ... that is why.

For the love of God, we are talking about YOUTH sports. Your children will grow up just fine. It is sad that parents get this worked up and feel the need to post 50 plus times, with nothing better to do that complain about other adults. Grow Up and STFU!

Enjoy Your Kids. They'll be gone before you know it and your time wasted on jealously and hatred on other adults and innocent children is such a travesty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 2,077
News Law Student Charged With Murder (Mar '08) Jun 11 Perplexed 142
Review: Choe's Hapkido Martial Arts Lawrenceville (May '14) Jun 9 HapKiDoMom 10
gwinnett county has a "quality of life" unit (Apr '08) Jun 2 desiel kat 71
News Shane Co. jewelry store files for bankruptcy (Jan '09) May '16 Atlantakid 17
Review: K.a.m. Towing Service Inc. (Aug '13) May '16 jobhunter 2
News Bail scam lands man inside cell (Jul '08) May '16 Sarah 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrenceville Mortgages