why the bible is wrong
First Prev
of 30
Next Last
biblehater

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2009
Our modern technology has proved the Bible wrong. That means that if there is a God, he didn't write the Bible and the Bible is not his word. If the Bible were the word of God and the Bible is wrong, then God is wrong. And if God can't be wrong, then the Bible, which is wrong, can't be the word of God.

The difference between evolution and Creationism is that evolution is real and Creationism is not real. Creationism is based on the Bible that says that God created the world in 6 days about 10,000 years ago. Clearly the world was not created in 6 days about 10,000 years ago, so therefore the Bible is just plain wrong. If the world were merely 10,000 years old then how do you explain the dinosaurs that are millions of years old? We've discovered life fossils that date back billions of years. Even the skeletons of modern humans date back before the time of Adam and Eve.

If we were to believe the Bible, then we would have to believe the Earth was created before the stars, which is the wrong order. If the stars were created 10,000 years ago, we wouldn't be able to see stars that are more than 10,000 light years away. That's because if a star was further away than 10,000 light years, the light from that star wouldn't have got here yet. Our galaxy alone is about 100,000 light years across. If the Bible were true, we wouldn't be able to see but 1/10th the way across our own galaxy. We surely wouldn't be able to see other galaxies or galactic clusters or know that the universe is expanding.
Gods Child

Olive Hill, KY

#2 Aug 28, 2009
biblehater wrote:
Our modern technology has proved the Bible wrong. That means that if there is a God, he didn't write the Bible and the Bible is not his word. If the Bible were the word of God and the Bible is wrong, then God is wrong. And if God can't be wrong, then the Bible, which is wrong, can't be the word of God.
The difference between evolution and Creationism is that evolution is real and Creationism is not real. Creationism is based on the Bible that says that God created the world in 6 days about 10,000 years ago. Clearly the world was not created in 6 days about 10,000 years ago, so therefore the Bible is just plain wrong. If the world were merely 10,000 years old then how do you explain the dinosaurs that are millions of years old? We've discovered life fossils that date back billions of years. Even the skeletons of modern humans date back before the time of Adam and Eve.
If we were to believe the Bible, then we would have to believe the Earth was created before the stars, which is the wrong order. If the stars were created 10,000 years ago, we wouldn't be able to see stars that are more than 10,000 light years away. That's because if a star was further away than 10,000 light years, the light from that star wouldn't have got here yet. Our galaxy alone is about 100,000 light years across. If the Bible were true, we wouldn't be able to see but 1/10th the way across our own galaxy. We surely wouldn't be able to see other galaxies or galactic clusters or know that the universe is expanding.
I will pray for you tonight when i go to bed.
burg23

Belcher, KY

#3 Aug 28, 2009
finnaly someone speaks the truth, sick of seeing the ones from that fisherman guypreachin his ss off
fisherman

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Aug 28, 2009
Father forgive them for they do not know!!!!
Gods Child

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Aug 28, 2009
fisherman wrote:
Father forgive them for they do not know!!!!
AMEN
Gods Child

Olive Hill, KY

#6 Aug 28, 2009
burg23 wrote:
finnaly someone speaks the truth, sick of seeing the ones from that fisherman guypreachin his ss off
You will be judged one day. I hope by the grace of GOD you are a changed person.
biblehater

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Aug 28, 2009
Do you honestly think that praying will get you anywhere. You are a sad sad man/woman. With god I couldn't think for myself, all I had was fairy tales rolling everywhere. It's pretty much brain washing if you ask me. Think about it, if you grow up thinking red is red. Why wouldn't you grow up thinking that God is real?

Pray for me please. Scientifically you can't deny that there could be a god, there is so much that we don't know. Look up astrology, and see how similar it looks to the bible.

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Aug 28, 2009
If there is a god then why does he allow small children to be crushed by garbage trucks?
fisherman

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Aug 28, 2009
every thing happens for a reason, i know there are somethings that just seem like there can be no good reason behind them, some how some way there is reason behind it. we were put on this earth with free will, so if a man chooses to kill a child then he has done it out of free will, we have a God given, free will to do right or wrong. what we decide to do is on us and we all will answer for the choices we make. and to Gods child, God bless you

Since: Jul 09

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Aug 28, 2009
fisherman wrote:
every thing happens for a reason, i know there are somethings that just seem like there can be no good reason behind them, some how some way there is reason behind it. we were put on this earth with free will, so if a man chooses to kill a child then he has done it out of free will, we have a God given, free will to do right or wrong. what we decide to do is on us and we all will answer for the choices we make. and to Gods child, God bless you
Was John List using his free will?
burg23

Belcher, KY

#11 Aug 29, 2009
i used to go to church when i was much youngermy parents didnt take me i just went on the bus, and the rason i stopped was when i was about 10 i went to church wearing jeans and nice shirt one sunday, you wouldnt beleave how many dirty looks i got and how many ppl told me i needed to go home and change and dress up for church. why the fuck does it matter what u wear. that was when i decided not to go anymore. as i got older i sa even more reasons not to go. life is to short to not kive the way you want to live. with your god there arerules and regulations and hipocrites that follow them on sunday but break um the rest of the week. if i wanna do something im gonna do it and i am not oing to run and ask for forgivness from some thing i dont even know is real. i beleave in tings i can see and touch. and if i am wrong so be it, at least i will know that i lived my life to the fullest and was happy. and as for the post i read that said read the bible and u will see proof, well i have and never saw any proof. things can be inturpreted to seem like they are happining the way the bible said, but it doesnt say it litaraly. its all in the interpritation. you show me hard sientific evidence, then i will beleave. till then, i beleave in evolution and no life after death.
hmm

United States

#12 Aug 29, 2009
I know that in a blog once i read about how interpreters found that by 'days' in the bible, it could have also meant 'a long span of time' or something along those lines. So the Earth wasn't created in a matter of days, it WAS created in billions of years. I am deffinately not saying you're wrong, but the bible was reinterpreted into english. A lot of what the bible says could be misinterpreted. And plus the bible is written by humans, writing what God wanted them to write. So a lot of it could very well be made up. Not saying it is, but there is the possibility.
But eithe way I still believe in it.

“be free indeed”

Since: Jul 09

massachusetts

#13 Aug 29, 2009
burg23 wrote:
i used to go to church when i was much youngermy parents didnt take me i just went on the bus, and the rason i stopped was when i was about 10 i went to church wearing jeans and nice shirt one sunday, you wouldnt beleave how many dirty looks i got and how many ppl told me i needed to go home and change and dress up for church. why the fuck does it matter what u wear. that was when i decided not to go anymore. as i got older i sa even more reasons not to go. life is to short to not kive the way you want to live. with your god there arerules and regulations and hipocrites that follow them on sunday but break um the rest of the week. if i wanna do something im gonna do it and i am not oing to run and ask for forgivness from some thing i dont even know is real. i beleave in tings i can see and touch. and if i am wrong so be it, at least i will know that i lived my life to the fullest and was happy. and as for the post i read that said read the bible and u will see proof, well i have and never saw any proof. things can be inturpreted to seem like they are happining the way the bible said, but it doesnt say it litaraly. its all in the interpritation. you show me hard sientific evidence, then i will beleave. till then, i beleave in evolution and no life after death.
I am sorry for your experience growing up, the heart is the most important thing, not your clothes. sounds like you still had decent clothes.

Sounds like you read the Bible, did you learn about Jesus and why He came to earth? That's the most important topic, and Jesus is the one who gives us hope for eternal life after death. Where is the purpose in life if there is no life after death?

There are Christians who believe in different viewpoints of the age of the earth. What scientific evidence exactly are you looking for?
burg23

Belcher, KY

#14 Aug 29, 2009
true liberty wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry for your experience growing up, the heart is the most important thing, not your clothes. sounds like you still had decent clothes.
Sounds like you read the Bible, did you learn about Jesus and why He came to earth? That's the most important topic, and Jesus is the one who gives us hope for eternal life after death. Where is the purpose in life if there is no life after death?
There are Christians who believe in different viewpoints of the age of the earth. What scientific evidence exactly are you looking for?
any would sufice. i have seen evidence for evolution and big bang and all the other scietific explinations of how we got here. some are still theorys also, but as i see it the belefes u have are theoy as well because as far as i know the only evidence you have of how we got here is the bible. and whos to say that it is anymore then a book of storys told over time. and how do you even know if it was translated correctly? it might really say totally diff things in its origanmal language then what it was translated to say.
burg23

Belcher, KY

#15 Aug 29, 2009
the purpose of my life is to find love and happiness and take care of any children i have. i have found true love in a man that is wonderfull and i have a great sonthat is very well tken care of and i am very happy in my life. that is my purpose and what i live for. not a mythical being
anna

Clarksville, TN

#16 Aug 29, 2009
fisherman wrote:
Father forgive them for they do not know!!!!
yes there is a god prayers are answered try praying and see what god can do for you we all need to take a stand for god

“be free indeed”

Since: Jul 09

massachusetts

#17 Aug 29, 2009
burg23 wrote:
<quoted text>
any would sufice. i have seen evidence for evolution and big bang and all the other scietific explinations of how we got here. some are still theorys also, but as i see it the belefes u have are theoy as well because as far as i know the only evidence you have of how we got here is the bible. and whos to say that it is anymore then a book of storys told over time. and how do you even know if it was translated correctly? it might really say totally diff things in its origanmal language then what it was translated to say.
Actually, since none of us were there when creation happened, belief in creation by God and belief in evolution both require faith. All the scientific analysis cannot change that.

This kind of faith though is what motivates the martyrs of the underground church in China, and motivated the early Christians cast to the Roman amphitheaters to be eaten by the lions before a cheering crowd. Many of the hospitals in the past were started by Christians who has the faith to help others despite obstacles.

You say the Bible may be just stories and that the translations are bad. Can you tell me (since it's the title of our thread) where the Bible is wrong? Maybe to help you, can you find a contradiction in the Bible that shows one or the other statement must be wrong?

“be free indeed”

Since: Jul 09

massachusetts

#18 Aug 29, 2009
burg23 wrote:
the purpose of my life is to find love and happiness and take care of any children i have. i have found true love in a man that is wonderfull and i have a great sonthat is very well tken care of and i am very happy in my life. that is my purpose and what i live for. not a mythical being
I have one son also - congratulations!!:)

When a baby is born, where do you think the instinct came from for him to find your breast for milk?
burg23

Belcher, KY

#19 Aug 29, 2009
i never said the bible was wrong, i said it could have been translated wrong or simply be a book of story and fairy tales. no one knows. but like i have said befor i beleave in what i see and what can be proven with science. so untill the day the things in the bible are proven by scince, i will stick with what i know as fact. and as far as how my son would know to find the breast for milk, that is instinct plan and simple, survival instinct, not god telling him were it is or anything.
marianne

United States

#20 Aug 29, 2009
aaarg wrote:
If there is a god then why does he allow small children to be crushed by garbage trucks?
probably to get them away from idiots like you... MY prayers are with you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Dezarn 1 hr Curious 3
Family who charges their elderly parents to tak... 1 hr Helen 11
Hope Durr 1 hr Curious 1
Seamster sisters 1 hr Curious 6
Trailer park junkies 3 hr BBLeSabre 23
Marie Ashburn brown 6 hr Lmao 3
Rob Brown 6 hr BBLeSabre 6

Lawrenceburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrenceburg Mortgages