agree

Lawrenceburg, KY

#75 Feb 14, 2012
ummmm wrote:
Lol! Well, the number of students under Mrs. Lentz's guidance is definitely within the average at the other schools and from the info I found, it exceeds it (520 @ ECC, 469 @ SSE, 485 @ EBW, and 453 @ Turner-schooldigger.com ). So, they definitely have a need for a principal. The testing data that they've produced over the years speaks for itself, that something is definitely going right with ECC being set up the way it is. Every school always has room for improvement, of course, but a school with no principal or someone who is only part time, etc. is not going to be as successful as what they have now.
Now the 2 secretaries for a school that has that many kids is ludicrous! In the opposite way you were talking about. I'm almost positive that the other elementary schools have at least 3. The secretaries at ECC are non-stop all day. If there was only one secretary, you'd have to pay him/her double and they'd stay twice as many hours. No one would work a job like that alone or with part time help for that kind of pay. Well, not for long, if at all.
You do not have your facts right Mrs. Lentz will not have 520 students she has NOTHING to do with pre-school that is something totaly different. She has no SAY what goes on in pre-school. So she is in charge of 180 students. Which is crazy to have a principal for 180 students. And for a matter of fact ECC has more secrataries than any other school if you count pre-school secrataries. If you do not believe me call Central Office or Matt Koger at ECC or Julie Goodpaster at ECC anyone of these people will tell you what I am stating. I am just wanting to get the truth out and inform
ummmm

Frankfort, KY

#76 Feb 14, 2012
Thanks. All I know about is the 2 in the front office. I didn't realize there were others for preschool. Are they with the regional training center?
Is Mrs. Lentz in charge of hiring/firing preschool teachers? doing their teacher evaluations?
I just don't know. I always assumed. Sorry if I was incorrect.
ummmm

Frankfort, KY

#77 Feb 14, 2012
And with 12 K classrooms 24 students each, that makes it 288 students at capacity, which they are very close to right now. Still not the 520 of course like reported, but better than 180. :)
know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#78 Feb 14, 2012
Yes preschool is the regional training center. Matt is more or less in charge of that and if there is only 9 classes with at the most 24 students in each classit is around 215-220. Mrs. Lentz does help with the hiring Not firing of preschool staff, but that is because she offers she does not have to.She also helps in the evals but it is not just her. It really hasn't been ran right since Jan left. But once again that is Anderson County for you.
in closisng I feel this is a great deal of money, and I agree that cameras need to be in each class room if just in special ed classes.
ouslander

Louisville, KY

#79 Feb 14, 2012
what are friends for wrote:
your friend that you set on bus with is going around an telling people that you hit a car while on a weekend bus trip.
Not fair. Details.
know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#80 Feb 14, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>.
No Merideth is not running a business at Saffell. She is a hard working, dedicated, teacher that stays many hours after school with the Saffell Singers and drama club members. On occasion she may give a private piano lesson to children at the school whose parents may not be able to otherwise get them to their lessons. Don't go making false statements that will only hurt a child's chance of receiving a music education. Yes it is our tax money that pays for the schools and I am glad to see the facilities being used for more than stupid mindless basketball games.
Meridith does nothing for free she is getting paid
no

Erlanger, KY

#81 Feb 14, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>You do not have your facts right Mrs. Lentz will not have 520 students she has NOTHING to do with pre-school that is something totaly different. She has no SAY what goes on in pre-school. So she is in charge of 180 students. Which is crazy to have a principal for 180 students. And for a matter of fact ECC has more secrataries than any other school if you count pre-school secrataries. If you do not believe me call Central Office or Matt Koger at ECC or Julie Goodpaster at ECC anyone of these people will tell you what I am stating. I am just wanting to get the truth out and inform

You do not have your facts straight. Melissa Lentz is principal of the preschoolers and kindergarteners. Matt Koger is the school psychologist. Julie Goodpaster is the secretary for the Regional Training Center, which is actually not affiliated with the preschool at all. Preschool has no separate secretaries.
know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#82 Feb 14, 2012
You are wrong call C.O. or call Matt Yes Matt is the school Psyc. but he does all the things needed to maintain preschool he does Jan's old job. Melissa is NOT I REPEAT NOT the principal for pre school. Romana is the one that overseas it. Julie was hired by Ramona to help with preschool.

What do you think RTC is?????

If you think preschool is affliated with Kindergarten you are so wrong. Pre school does not have gym, art, reading it is a differnt entitiy. It is more or less Head Start.
no

Erlanger, KY

#83 Feb 14, 2012
know wrote:
You are wrong call C.O. or call Matt Yes Matt is the school Psyc. but he does all the things needed to maintain preschool he does Jan's old job. Melissa is NOT I REPEAT NOT the principal for pre school. Romana is the one that overseas it. Julie was hired by Ramona to help with preschool.

What do you think RTC is?????

If you think preschool is affliated with Kindergarten you are so wrong. Pre school does not have gym, art, reading it is a differnt entitiy. It is more or less Head Start.
RTC stands for Regional Training Center. They provide trainings and services for early childhood programs for this region. If the RTC is in charge of the preschool, wouldn't you think it would be necessary for it to be in the same place as the preschool in the new building? Melissa is the principal of the ECC. Preschool and kindergarten are separate programs. But Melissa is still the principal of both. She is responsible for the curriculum, professional development, finances, etc. Preschool doesn't have specials because it is a half day program. If you would like more information on how the ECC is run and works you can call at any time.
know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#84 Feb 14, 2012
She is not in charge of curriculm or finances pre-school does not have nor need a principal. When Kidergarten was 1/2 they still had specials so you do not know what you are talking about

Also what did Jan do when she was in CHARGE of the preschool program. Mellissa may have extra responsibilities but she is in no way shape of form in charge of the preschool program.

Some food for thought wouldn't it be necessay for Kindergarten and day care be at the new ECC building?
know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#85 Feb 14, 2012
157.318 Network of regional training centers for preschool and early childhood education established.
(1) There is hereby established a network of regional training centers for preschool and early childhood education as specified in the 1987 state preschool grant application for Public Law 99-457. The purpose of the regional training centers shall be to provide peer to peer training, consultation, technical assistance, and materials to personnel from local school districts and other agencies operating programs for disabled and at-risk preschool children.
(2) The regional training centers shall receive federal funds from Public Law 99-457, Education of the Handicapped Act, Part B, and may receive state appropriations, gifts, and grants. No additional centers shall be established unless the existing centers receive at least the same level of funding as in the 1988 fiscal year.
(3) The Kentucky Board of Education shall promulgate such regulations as may be needed in the administration of the regional training centers. In administering this section, the chief state school officer shall consult with the regional training centers and the districts and agencies served by this program.
Effective: July 15, 1996
History: Amended 1996 Ky. Acts ch. 362, sec. 6, effective July 15, 1996.-- Amended 1994 Ky.
This is stating that every preschool has a an RTC to operate the preschool
know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#86 Feb 14, 2012
157.226 Preschool program for disabled children.
(1) Effective with the 1991-92 school year, any child who has been identified as disabled in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Public Law 101-476, or as exceptional by KRS 157.200(1)(a) to (m) and corresponding administrative regulations, and who is three (3) or four (4) years of age, or who may become five (5) years of age after October 1 of the current year, shall be eligible for a free and appropriate preschool education and related services.
(2) The General Assembly shall provide funds to be used for preschool education programs and related services for children with disabilities. Appropriations shall be separate from all other state funds appropriated to the Department of Education and shall be administered in accordance with applicable state statutes and administrative regulations and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Public Law 101-476.
(3) Eligible local school districts shall receive funds based on the number of appropriately identified preschool children with disabilities being served on December 1 of the prior year. Program funding shall be adjusted proportionately when enrollment data in any district for the first two (2) months of the current school year is more than five percent (5%) above or below the number of children being served in the previous year. A supplemental enrollment count shall be taken after December 1 to allow partial funding for children with disabilities who become three (3) years of age after December 1 and consequently begin to receive services after that date. Local school districts may develop cooperative arrangements with other school districts or organizations in accordance with KRS 157.280.
(4) The Kentucky Board of Education shall adopt administrative regulations related to the administration and supervision of programs, eligibility criteria, personnel requirements, and the allocation and use of funds.
Effective: July 15, 1996
History: Amended 1996 Ky. Acts ch. 362, sec. 6, effective July 15, 1996.-- Amended 1992 Ky. Acts ch. 377, sec. 3, effective July 14, 1992.-- Created 1990 Ky. Acts ch. 476, Pt. I, sec. 17, effective July 13, 1990.
This proves that Romana runs the pre-school program
I would like to add

Lawrenceburg, KY

#87 Feb 14, 2012
I would like to add public school is from K-12 preschool, head start, are grant generated programs much like school health and FRYSC the principals are not in charge they of course have a say and play a role, as a favor for C.O they may do evaluations help with hiring or be on committees but they are not in charge of these programs. Matt is more or less in charge of this program he works under Romona and does all the preschool testing.Mellisa plays no part in it.
I got tickled when no stated preschool is part time that is why they don't have specials. She thinks she is educated on this but the truth is she or he is not.
I work for the education dept and have worked at ECC many many moons ago. Unless they are doing something not on the up and up everything I said is the truth
TallCoolOne

United States

#88 Feb 14, 2012
Schools are one thing, and are entrusted to the principals. The CO oversees all and is responsible for both the good and bad. Is the Super such a bad person as some of you make her out to be?
Ouiii

Washington, DC

#89 Feb 14, 2012
anderson student wrote:
That is the average Anderson county student were most teachers don't teach such as

Hollon by far the worst
Glass
Bowman
Ellis
Sallee
Barnes
all special ed
Puckett
Hoglan
McCarty
Clark
Searcy
Sutherland
Simms
Sallee? Seriously?! I had him when I was in school and he was great! I read so many great books and learned a lot with his help and suggestions of books. Ellis is wonderful and Barnes teaches the curriculum that he is supposed to. I do; however, agree with you about Hollon.
concerned

AOL

#90 Feb 15, 2012
get a life or a job.you have too much time to gossip.just like bus 28.she ran over a lawyers car about 2 wks ago while on a school trip in louisville.
Mad as a Hornet

Louisville, KY

#91 Feb 15, 2012

I just read the Anderson News and I am so mad I want to scream!!!!

We are going to $200,000 for school NURSES are you serious? I work at ECC do you know how many people were pink slipped last year? over 24 classified people who give thier heart and soul for th ese kids.We make a whooping $11,0000 a year. Last year we were informed that because of budget cuts there was only going to be 1 aide to each pre-school class room. I hope the public knows that this is an accident waiting to happen.
Now I find out how much Shelia is paying to have nurses. Shame on you Derek Shouse saying how much we need nurses our nurse is NEVER here we take care of the students take thier temps call the parents. Why didn't you stick up for us? We can make it without nurses we have done it before what he can't do with out is assistants who tend to these children the whole time they are here. Shame on you to Lee Hahn and Mr. Todd you were alright with all the pink slips last year. These nursed do not need $78,000 a year. I will remember all of you when it comes time for election....Parents of ECC children make a stand these are your children do what is best for them
mytaxdollars

Louisville, KY

#92 Feb 15, 2012
Two articles of concern to me in the Anderson News this week are the state of the health department and the lack of playground equipment for the NEW ECC. Here they have built this two buildings and the health department is having to lay people off or reduce their hours and the new ECC isn't built big enough to accommodate the wraparound daycare program and now they need $60,000 in playground equipment. Do the people in charge of the funds not think things out or what. Now there is this nice fancy health department and they aren't able to keep the outside security lights on because there is no money and there are note enough classrooms at the new preschool, kindergarten. Now they aren't even going to have a playground either. I suggest they get something different than the black rubber mulch, as it has destroyed my child's shoes and clothes. Come on people...use the money wisely and don't just do something for the heck of it, think it through.
Wrong

United States

#93 Feb 16, 2012
Mad as a Hornet wrote:
I just read the Anderson News and I am so mad I want to scream!!!!
We are going to $200,000 for school NURSES are you serious? I work at ECC do you know how many people were pink slipped last year? over 24 classified people who give thier heart and soul for th ese kids.We make a whooping $11,0000 a year. Last year we were informed that because of budget cuts there was only going to be 1 aide to each pre-school class room. I hope the public knows that this is an accident waiting to happen.
Now I find out how much Shelia is paying to have nurses. Shame on you Derek Shouse saying how much we need nurses our nurse is NEVER here we take care of the students take thier temps call the parents. Why didn't you stick up for us? We can make it without nurses we have done it before what he can't do with out is assistants who tend to these children the whole time they are here. Shame on you to Lee Hahn and Mr. Todd you were alright with all the pink slips last year. These nursed do not need $78,000 a year. I will remember all of you when it comes time for election....Parents of ECC children make a stand these are your children do what is best for them

I thought the article said 112,000 contract? How does that = 78,000 per nurse?. Do the math it's 22,400....... Still mad as a hornet that students get health services for 22,400?
mad as a hornet

Lawrenceburg, KY

#94 Feb 16, 2012
I meant to say $120,000 and YES I am still mad. This money could have went to keep 2 aide in the preschool. We are the ones that take care of the sick students. We don't need the nurses they are never there at ECC. We manage just fine. We get freezes on our pay and they receive a 5% raise I don't think it is fair. The Health dept MAKES money from poor children in our schools. Every time a student goes in there they bill medicare. I am so mad how this school district runs. IT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats the latest on tammy burleson & johnathan ... 1 hr james 6
closet christians 3 hr thinker 2
meth bust on fairview 9 hr donjuan 8
Donna Ward (Jun '12) 15 hr donna ward 16
Holly 20 hr princess 8
Any Wiccans, Pagans, or Asatru in Lawrenceburg? 22 hr SensicalSue 2
Kelli Martin (Sep '09) 23 hr Chelsea 11
Lawrenceburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lawrenceburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lawrenceburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lawrenceburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:35 am PST

NBC Sports 2:35AM
A.J. Green in concussion protocol
Bleacher Report 3:23 AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense
NFL 3:54 AM
Mike Tomlin downplays spat with Reggie Nelson
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
NFL Super Bowl Odds, Wild Card Analysis
Bleacher Report 6:12 AM
Steelers Attempt the Worst Fake Punt