No vote from me

Lawrenceburg, KY

#1 Mar 10, 2010
What is it about retired cops wanting to double dip and run for office.John Giles is a complete jerk no one likes,Burkhead might be able to bone out a cow,but not run a Sheriff Department.Haven't we learned anything from Steve Cornish's corruption and practically bankrupting this county!
TIME FOR CHANGE

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Mar 10, 2010
It's time for a change . VOTE BURKHEAD. At least Rex won't be taking picture's all over the country. Wounder where JOE came from. STATE POLICE.
he is

Mount Sherman, KY

#3 Mar 11, 2010
Burkhead needs to learn to drive. The idiot ran me off the road the other day in that big truck of his and didnt even look when he pulled right in front of me. Luckily I was going under the speed limit and saw him. If someone wants to be sheriff at least know how to drive.
resident

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Mar 12, 2010
No vote from me wrote:
What is it about retired cops wanting to double dip and run for office.John Giles is a complete jerk no one likes,Burkhead might be able to bone out a cow,but not run a Sheriff Department.Haven't we learned anything from Steve Cornish's corruption and practically bankrupting this county!
Why don't you run for sheriff? Obviously you are quite certain that you could do a better job. I don't know anybody that dislikes Giles. Unless they got arrested by him, you don't know anything about do ya?
uranidiot

Lawrenceburg, KY

#5 Mar 12, 2010
No vote from me wrote:
There is no such thing as double dipping anymore. Governor Beshear took care of that. Giles would not be doing anything any different than Joe Milam is. Get the facts before you make yourself look like an idiot.
Well see

Lawrenceburg, KY

#6 Mar 12, 2010
uranidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as double dipping anymore. Governor Beshear took care of that. Giles would not be doing anything any different than Joe Milam is. Get the facts before you make yourself look like an idiot.
We'll see who the idiot is.You guys will lose by a minimum of 15%.Maybe you can get a job at Wal mart to supplement your retirement income since taxpayers won't be doing it for you!
uranidiot

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Mar 12, 2010
Well see wrote:
<quoted text> We'll see who the idiot is.You guys will lose by a minimum of 15%.Maybe you can get a job at Wal mart to supplement your retirement income since taxpayers won't be doing it for you!
If you know so much, why don't you tell us all the next lottery numbers numbnuts. The taxpayers are going to pay someone, it would make sense to think that you would want someone in there that has experience and really cares about the people that live here. Not just a man that puts on a good front, but won't give you the time of day.
state worker

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Mar 12, 2010
uranidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell you dont work in state government because yes there are plenty of double dippers. My former boss being one right now. Its happening all over!
uranidiot

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Mar 12, 2010
state worker wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell you dont work in state government because yes there are plenty of double dippers. My former boss being one right now. Its happening all over!
Was your former boss double dipping before last year? The new law just went into effect in July of last year. And if he was not, he may have another job, but he is NOT building another retirement, which is what double dipping refers to. Anyone can go out and get another job, but building another retirement after becoming vested in another state retirement system and drawing from that is double dipping.
Just Me

Lawrenceburg, KY

#10 Apr 1, 2010
That's why it's cheaper to hire State retirees. My wife retired and went back to work for the State. She already has her retirement and insurance so this time around they don't have to pay for that. She is cheaper than hiring a new person.
no change

United States

#11 Apr 2, 2010
Change for the sake of change is insane. Troy has done a fine job and last time I checked he hadn't been involved in a scandal or had a bad audit, so why in the world would people vote him out for someone you don't know what they may or may not do? That is complete insanity.
Voting for Troy

United States

#12 Apr 3, 2010
I'm voting for Troy. He is doing a fine job. DON'T make the same mistake we made with County Judge Executive! Who we have in office now is awesome - please take the support of his deputies into consideration. THEY want him back. THEY know what kind of a good man he is and what a good job he's doing. THEY don't want change for the sake of change. Vote Troy Young.
Good For Them

Calgary, Canada

#13 Apr 3, 2010
State Worker = Welfare for the mentally stupid and un-employable.

I hope before state goes broke they cut off your benefits, ALL of them. According to what I hear, OBAMA's health bill will get into your prescription drug benefits LMAO.. YOUR pension is NEXT! LMAO
Good For Them

Calgary, Canada

#14 Apr 3, 2010
Troy Young is a good man... not many of them in Anderson Co.
Good For Them

Calgary, Canada

#15 Apr 3, 2010
Just Me wrote:
That's why it's cheaper to hire State retirees. My wife retired and went back to work for the State. She already has her retirement and insurance so this time around they don't have to pay for that. She is cheaper than hiring a new person.
Another example of Clinton's Welfare to Work Program" LMAO

At least she gets out of bed to get her welfare check...LMAO
Oh wait, she did that before she retired too.
Just Me

Lawrenceburg, KY

#16 Apr 4, 2010
I wonder if Troy can solve the crime of all of Rex's stolen or damaged election signs?
Just Me

Lawrenceburg, KY

#17 Apr 4, 2010
And as far as my wife, she retired after 29 years and draws a little over $30,000 in retirement. She went back to work making $42,000. So, $72,000 ain't bad for welfare. See she is a college educated welfare worker. I worker for a factory for 34 years and didn't get diddly for a pension. Now I am finishing my degree and am going to try and get me a state job. I have learned alot from my wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen Howard 15 min Hmm 2
Not cool, Capital Family. Not cool at all. 4 hr Moses 11
Human remains in western Anderson County 4 hr Justin Wife 19
Tyrone Bridge 4 hr Marlboro Man 1
teacher uses N word on social media 5 hr Jjj12 2
Toby Curtsinger (Sep '09) 6 hr R_U_SERIOUS_GLORIA 17
gossip 8 hr Kate hemard 54
More from around the web

Lawrenceburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE