Anderson County Band
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
parent

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2011
Wow they will practice in any weather won't they. I don't know if they love it that much or their band director is just driving them in the ground to try and make a name for himself. Sub 50 degree weather and pouring down rain and they are out there on a Wednesday night a church night. Come on.
huh

Louisville, KY

#2 Oct 26, 2011
parent wrote:
Wow they will practice in any weather won't they. I don't know if they love it that much or their band director is just driving them in the ground to try and make a name for himself. Sub 50 degree weather and pouring down rain and they are out there on a Wednesday night a church night. Come on.
Church night? Maybe 20 years ago. Not enough days in the week as it is to get everything accomplished.
Hard Work

Louisville, KY

#3 Oct 26, 2011
They work hard and that is why they are GREAT!!!!They get no respect from the community like football and basketball does. They are up for a State Title and I so hope they get it! Great job ACHS Marching Band.
what

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 Oct 26, 2011
Go all the way ACHSmarching band you all are true athletes. Proud of you
drieci

Lawrenceburg, KY

#5 Oct 26, 2011
I was in band in high school. There's no reason they cant practice right now. We practiced in freezing rain once of twice. There is no such this as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
FYI

Chatham, VA

#6 Oct 27, 2011
Like drieci, I was also in ACHS band (when it was under a different director), and our practice policy was largely the same: No lightning, no problem.
achs band lover

Frankfort, KY

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Go guys go I know you can do it
Bubba

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Nov 1, 2011
I noticed at the football games that the head flag girl is a boy. I bet his daddy is proud. All those boys out there playing football and his sissy son is waving a flag.
wow

United States

#9 Nov 2, 2011
Just cause he spins a flag doesn't mean he's gay!!
really

Washington, DC

#10 Nov 3, 2011
Everyone pray for Brandi who is in the band she is very sick
Daisy

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 26, 2011
Bubba wrote:
I noticed at the football games that the head flag girl is a boy. I bet his daddy is proud. All those boys out there playing football and his sissy son is waving a flag.
I bet your daddy would be so proud of you for putting others down anonymously via the internet. I know I would be. You seem like a first class citizen.
parent wrote:
I'm in the band right now. Mr. Brady, our director is amazing and he cares about every student like we were his own kids. The reason we practice so much and work so hard is because we ALL want to be better. If we didn't want to practice, then we could just quit and stay home. We're there because we want to be there. Don't go put down a program, and people, who you know absolutely nothing about other than the information you gather while driving past on 127. Do us all a favor and go post about something that makes you look like you know what you're talking about.:)
kristen

United States

#12 Dec 26, 2011
There okay
Dalis Girl

Louisville, KY

#13 Dec 26, 2011
haha! His dad is proud that he was a part of school history. and just so you know "bubba", he's not a captain. he's just really good at what he does. Just like you're really good at making your self look like an ass through a computer screen. Great job by the way.
dayruhh

Louisville, KY

#14 Dec 26, 2011
hes not gay at all actually, i know his girlfriend. brynna. and theres no suck thing ass a "lead flag girl." were all one color guard. and he was the "caracter" of the show/ because hes badass.
Ehhh

United States

#15 Dec 28, 2011
Dear Bubba,
I don't know I you've noticed but 1) half the people on the football team don't even play( real hardcore). 2) do you know how many football player are coming out? Thy doesn't make them sissy. Lastly, what do you do? I don't see you workingypur butt off to be something and to do something productive. You don't know. A thing about this band, and quite frankly, there are more boy "flag girls" out there than chicks. Also, what is sissy about throwing a sword or a gun? It's more manly than your hemi.:)
haha

Louisville, KY

#16 Dec 28, 2011
bubba, its spin. not wave
hellogoodbye

Lexington, KY

#17 Dec 28, 2011
Eh? I really don't understand how spinning a flag, or tossing a rifle is sissy. It takes more stamina and concentration and muscular endurance than most other sports (including football.) Don't believe me, watch a drum corp and it might change your mind. Also what do you mean by "head flag girl" you say it like its a sport only allowed for females, but I've seen guards that allow only men to be a part of it. So yeah, we're pretty awesome ;)
Good job trying to make yourself look tough through a computer screen, by the way.
Youreadumbass

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Jan 7, 2012
My brother is in that band and I took him to and picked him up from every rehearsal and they didn't rehearse on wednesdays. As for why they do it, they actually WANT to be there. Its a lot of fun and it takes dedication to be good at it
Darah

United States

#19 Aug 19, 2012
They do rehearse on wends days . I was in band. It's every day after school starts.
ACHS parent

Lawrenceburg, KY

#20 Aug 20, 2012
Proud of you all! You were great! Wonderful performance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Customers taking up tables when there is people... 7 min Stump 5
Jonny m collins 8 hr Amg 3
Hometown Pizza 8 hr bad 16
Junk collectors 10 hr Tommy Buris 4
Angela Coulter 15 hr Tdog 3
Jimmy jr robinson 19 hr Sissy 14
who is Christy Peffer or Wise?? (Jul '10) 19 hr smlc 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrenceburg Mortgages