Chessnut

Lawrenceburg, KY

#1 Oct 25, 2012
I'm thinking about starting a chess club in Lawrenceburg. I just wanted to see how many people would be interested before I invest any time creating it. So, anyone interested?
Chessnut

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Oct 28, 2012
?
Maybe not your crowd

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 28, 2012
I think the Venn Diagram of people who enjoy chess and people who frequent Topix is two non-overlapping circles. Perhaps you see if the Public Library has a message board? If not, I believe there is a Lawrenceburg page on Facebook that, even if you don't get a response there, might at least forward the information to people to might be interested. Best of luck!
chessnut

United States

#4 Oct 30, 2012
I have found numerous people who are interested on here. Topix is a great way to get the word out along with other forums. Thanks for your comment.
JDub

Frankfort, KY

#5 Nov 28, 2012
Chessnut wrote:
?
I am in Anderson County and enjoy playing Chess. Just getting back into it after not playing for years. I'd love to try and get into some intermediate tournament play. I certainly am a beginner now though.
Maybe not your crowd

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Well, in that case I'm glad to see I was mistaken! Best of luck to your chess club.
chess

Lawrenceburg, KY

#7 Nov 28, 2012
JDub wrote:
<quoted text>I am in Anderson County and enjoy playing Chess. Just getting back into it after not playing for years. I'd love to try and get into some intermediate tournament play. I certainly am a beginner now though.
Our next meeting is Dec 18th 6pm-8pm at the Anderson Co Library. Hope to see you there!
chess

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Nov 28, 2012
JDub wrote:
<quoted text>I am in Anderson County and enjoy playing Chess. Just getting back into it after not playing for years. I'd love to try and get into some intermediate tournament play. I certainly am a beginner now though.
we also have a Facebook page. Www.facebook.com/lawrenceburgchessclub
JDub

Frankfort, KY

#9 Nov 28, 2012
Cool I'll check out the facebook page. I hope to be there!
UMM

Piketon, OH

#10 Dec 8, 2012
There is a Chess club at the library??
ChessNut

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Dec 10, 2012
UMM wrote:
There is a Chess club at the library??
Yes, next meeting is on Dec.18th from 6 to 8 pm.
Check us out at www.facebook.com/lawrenceburgchessclub
UMM

Piketon, OH

#12 Dec 10, 2012
ChessNut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, next meeting is on Dec.18th from 6 to 8 pm.
Check us out at www.facebook.com/lawrenceburgchessclub
Good to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min Hmmmmmmmmm 5,880
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 15 min Earl 16,172
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min GOTP 154,323
ghosts 2 hr Seek help 16
roofer (Oct '13) 2 hr Peter Simmons 14
Suboxone Clinic In Lburg 4 hr harry leukoplakia 10
Mayor's race 6 hr 5star 39
•••
•••
•••

Lawrenceburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lawrenceburg People Search