First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disgusted

United States

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Has anyone heard of this backyard breeder? Breeding poodles,shih tzus,cockerspaniels in horrific conditions.
andie

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Call the humane society, PLEASE!
dog lover

Lawrenceburg, KY

#3 Nov 26, 2012
please contact animal control and report this ASAP!
disgusted

El Monte, CA

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Do you all know where i am talking about?
andie

Lawrenceburg, KY

#5 Nov 27, 2012
Not familiar with it. Do you live near? If it is truly that awful, please call the authorities!
Birdie

United States

#6 Nov 27, 2012
I live on Corinth and this is the first I've heard about a "puppy mill". If you see a problem, pick up a phone and report it. If you're not disgusted enough to do it yourself, I'm guessing you're lying through your keyboard.
disgusted

El Monte, CA

#7 Nov 27, 2012
Birdie wrote:
I live on Corinth and this is the first I've heard about a "puppy mill". If you see a problem, pick up a phone and report it. If you're not disgusted enough to do it yourself, I'm guessing you're lying through your keyboard.
perhaps backyard breeder is the better term for this case. Ive contacted the authorities. thank you 1110 corinth rd dogs are being bred in filthy conditons
disgusted

El Monte, CA

#8 Nov 27, 2012
andie wrote:
Not familiar with it. Do you live near? If it is truly that awful, please call the authorities!
this breeder is breeding sick flea invested dogs in unsanitary conditions. Its really sad
dog lover

Barnesville, OH

#9 Nov 27, 2012
I know that woman-she lives and breathes for her dogs-she is out there day and night caring for them-she has grand champions and has beautiful dogs-she even has her vet come out there and treat them-she keeps impeccable records and has all shots and worming up to date-they are all kept warm in winter and has air conditioning in summer-she has been inspected by AKC and Anderson county humane--maybe she was sick that day-
Corinth Rd resident

Barnesville, OH

#10 Nov 27, 2012
Some city people think dogs are abused if all they have to lay on is a huge stack of hay and a big rug-there are rules of dog kenneling-must have so many feet per dog-must be let out so many times per day-must have clean water and wholesome food-must have regular flea and heartworm attention-must be seen by a vet regularly-must have fecal matter removed several times daily-if a dog breeder is following these rules it is all legal-
dog buyer

Barnesville, OH

#11 Nov 27, 2012
I have bought dogs from her-they are all that she says they are-she guarantees them in every way-dog buyers are always welcome in her facility and dogs are clean and healthy-she has all dogs registered with AKC and microchipped-anyone can always bring a dog back and she will take it with a full refund if not satisfied-dogs are all leash trained and either shown or compete in performance-dogs have big rubber mats and either hay or shavings-her dogs are clipped and bathed regularly-most are kept in show coat-she knows each and every dog's pedigree and personality traits-good things and bad-she is very knowledgeable in dogs and also raised horses for many years with much success. She extensive veterinary experience and has worked for a vet for several years-her dogs are tested for genetic diseases and only the best are kept-I don't know what your problem is-most dog purchase contracts do not guarantee against any parasites as puppies can pick them up overnight-why don't you go to Liberty or London if you want to see a puppy mill-
fellow dog breeder

Barnesville, OH

#12 Nov 27, 2012
I have been to her place-dogs are safe and secure-no fighting-no multiple dogs in the same pen-all dogs get daily exercise-so what-it doesnt have lace doileys on the table??? Dogs are animals-they deserve sanitary and comfortable surroundings-if you are all that clean and perfect you couldn't raise dogs-or any animals for that matter-there is poop to be picked up-bowls to be cleaned-pails to be washed-it is all dirty work-dog breeders do the best they can for the animals they love-as do cow farmers and goat farmers and chicken farmers- it is dirty work and animal people do the best they can-her dogs are kept better than mine-what is actually horrific about it?It is all painted bright colors with lots of space for each dog and they are up off the cement and I have seen the big rubber mats they all have-they are fed good quality dog food twice daily-all have clean pails and clean beds-I have seen so called rescues that make dogs fight over food and live in muddy runs all fighting and dirty-get real-
we r screwed

United States

#13 Nov 27, 2012
disgusted wrote:
Has anyone heard of this backyard breeder? Breeding poodles,shih tzus,cockerspaniels in horrific conditions.
You are a complete dumbass. I live within one mile of this house and she is the most wonderful person nearby. She has always been willing to come help when an animal needs help and does everything she can for her animals. Not only does have years experience with taking care of animals but she lives for them. She treat a these pups and makes sure they all get good homes. You are probably a piece of crap who she denied a puppy to and now wanna start shit.
puppy mill or dog breeder

Barnesville, OH

#14 Nov 27, 2012
A puppy mill does not take pride in its dogs or any attempt to upgrade or prove quality by showing and doing genetic testing-a puppy mill has mostly puppies-not show dogs,replacement, champions,dogs in training-retired beloved show champions- a breeder only breeds to improve his lines and obtain the best possible dogs to continue showing-A breeder keeps only the best to continue improving-a puppy mill keeps what ever produces the most-a breeder is knowledgeble about nutrition,latest veterinary protocol,daily care requirements,medication recalls and research-a puppy mill bilges out anything that isn't producing-a breeder keeps defectives until the right home is found or they stay forever because the breeder will not let the poor little defective go to any home where it will not be kindly treated-I think you are making a hideous accusation on one impression which may have been totally uninformed-
andie

Lawrenceburg, KY

#15 Nov 27, 2012
Why do all of the positive comments for the dog breeder appear to be coming from the same individual?
dog lover

Lawrenceburg, KY

#16 Nov 27, 2012
I do not know the lady, and have not see then conditions. She may not be a "puppymill" but I would definately call her a backyard breeder if she has that many different breeds. Does she cross breed them? A true breeder wants to BETTER the breed... not create new ones. A cock--poo is NOT a true breed. It is a mutt. If you pay for one of these dogs thinking otherwise you are FOOLED. THey should have a waiting list for quality puppies and will never advertise in the paper or on craigslist. Quality breeders show thier dogs to PROVE they are WORTH BREEDING. AKC paperwork doesnt mean squat if you dont have titles to back it up.
dog lover

Lawrenceburg, KY

#17 Nov 27, 2012
andie wrote:
Why do all of the positive comments for the dog breeder appear to be coming from the same individual?
OMG You are right! They have the exact same formats. I have never seen someone do-this so many times!
dog lover

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Nov 27, 2012
andie wrote:
And all at the same time! Thats a LOT of people on topix at one time to defend this person! LOL.

BTW... i am not the same "dog lover" that said they knew her.
soundslikeit

Duluth, GA

#19 Nov 27, 2012
dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>OMG You are right! They have the exact same formats. I have never seen someone do-this so many times!
I thought the same thing! Haha
disgusted

United States

#20 Nov 27, 2012
we r screwed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a complete dumbass. I live within one mile of this house and she is the most wonderful person nearby. She has always been willing to come help when an animal needs help and does everything she can for her animals. Not only does have years experience with taking care of animals but she lives for them. She treat a these pups and makes sure they all get good homes. You are probably a piece of crap who she denied a puppy to and now wanna start shit.
Actually you are the dumbass...this woman sold me a sick puppy infested with fleas. The conditions in which her puppys were kept were inhumane.I have met alot of breeders and her facilities are by far the nastiest. The shih tzu parents were matted,under weight, one had an eye problem. They were in cages some of theses cages looked like rabbit cages. Most breeders that breed shih tzus treat them like pets they are clean, neatly groomed and free from fleas and other parasites. when you have several litters of puppies being treated for coccida u have a real problem. Im sure she isnt the worst but shes in the backyard breeder catergory. If these puppies had hay to sleep on they would be lucky wood shavings is what they are on. The amonia smell is enough to gag u. She uses heat lamps there are no windows. If you call her a good breeder your a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie Cummins 2 hr Chrystal 17
big donna (May '10) 6 hr whothunk 28
Justin Hall 10 hr The Ex 1
Jessica ? and Terry Wilson 11 hr His niece 34
who has drank antifrezee 16 hr LMAO 3
What happened to the good looking girls gone fa... 17 hr Info amen 3
fakw weed still in the burg 18 hr Obvious 2
Lawrenceburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lawrenceburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lawrenceburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lawrenceburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Monday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Broncos vs. Bengals
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Preview, Prediction for Bengals vs. Broncos
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Power Rankings Week 17: Predicting Post-Monday Night Football Standings
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Why does Cincinnati shrink in the spotlight?