First Prev
of 7
Next Last
American

United States

#123 Sep 18, 2012
religionisfalse wrote:
<quoted text>
By your own word you display your ignorance about evolution... we did not evlolve from chimps, chimps and humans both evolved from a common ancestor. And this is what gets me, people like you choose to believe the word of a book that was written thousands of years ago and translated from a different laguage, over solid proof and evidence that you can see for yourself today. Why???
. Well everything thati have seen taught about evelution sayd that all life began from the sea,kind of shows your ignorance doesn't it. I chose to believe in the WORD for I have stood before him in death to GOD becuase if it were not for him I would not be alive today. So believe what you want,the truth will be revealed one day soon. So what happens to you if I am right and you are wrong,which I know I am right.
Steve

United States

#124 Sep 18, 2012
Why is it harder to believe in evolution than to believe in an omnipotent being that just created everything out of nothing. Why is it harder to believe that the big bang created the universe, than to believe that God did? It kills me when people say, well what created the dirt? What created the first living thing on earth? Well here's a question for you. What created God? If it's impossible for you to believe that atoms existed seemingly out of no where. Then why is it so easy for you to believe that God existed out of no where? Scientist have created living things out of dirt. Yet nobody has ever been able to even prove God exists. So answer my question please, what created God? If something has to of created the universe, then something had to of created God. And what created what created God? And so on and so forth.
religionisfalse

UK

#125 Sep 18, 2012
American wrote:
<quoted text>. Well everything thati have seen taught about evelution sayd that all life began from the sea,kind of shows your ignorance doesn't it. I chose to believe in the WORD for I have stood before him in death to GOD becuase if it were not for him I would not be alive today. So believe what you want,the truth will be revealed one day soon. So what happens to you if I am right and you are wrong,which I know I am right.
there are many ways by which life could have began, one of them is from chemicals in undersea volcanoes and vents, another is lightning causing reactions between the chemicals in the air. I'm fairly certain that shows that I am less ignorant than you on the subject of evolution. YOu are alive today but not because of a god. If you are right I will in to heaven, but what if you are wrong. And I think you will find that I am right and not you

Since: Sep 12

UK

#126 Sep 18, 2012
Well said Steve, furthermore there have been recent developments with anti matter. Scientists know that if you add matter to anti matter you get nothing, so they are researching how to reverse this and get matter and anti matter from nothing :)
Steve

United States

#127 Sep 18, 2012
If anti matter comes into contact with matter, doesn't it cause an explosion? I remember reading that anti matter will one day hopefully fuel space travel. As the exchange of energy is nearly 100% efficient as opposed to the most efficient fuel used by man currently which is exchanged at an efficiency level of less than 10%. I could be mistaken though. I'm sure your post is correct and there is just something I'm missing.
Steve

United States

#128 Sep 18, 2012
KimG

United States

#129 Sep 18, 2012
Steve wrote:
If the great flood happened then how are all the humans and animals not inbred? We should all be deformed and be mentally retarded. I am not close minded, I've spent more time studying the Bible and believing in Christ and witnessing to others than I care to remember. Luckily though I grew up and am now able to think for myself and come to intelligent conclusions. By the way research has shown atheists are more intelligent than their religious counterparts. Hmmmm
first of all GOD had Noah put 7 animals of certain types on the Ark so there ya go 3 pairs and one extra for sacrifice or consumption, don't know the specifics but you get the idea. It amazes me how many people who are against creation and GOD have never studied the BIBLE. I guess maybe your soul and the soul of your children aren't important to you. However; GOD and I still love you and I pray for humanity everyday to open their eyes and see the light. I'm not a weak minded person by any means.... I've had my doubts over the years but he has always been there for me and I know in my heart and mind he exists. How do you explain all the things happening now that are foretold in the BIBLE. We are close my friends to the end of time and I hope that before you dismiss JESUS you'll study about it, even if you approach it from the point of view of stories or fairy tales GOD can still reach you if you just have an open mind that you may be wrong or missing out on something wonderful. Every peice of evidence to support the validity of the BIBLE people who live in the world (meaning sinful lives) have some sort of excuse or refuse JESUS because it's easier to follow the world than it is to stand for morality and goodness. To
put money, cars, clothing and THINGS above everything is a sad way to live. We all like having nice stuff but I don't worship these things, they are temporary and easily replaced. Your soul isn't.
KimG

United States

#130 Sep 18, 2012
don't you think that possibly there were one or two other people on the Ark other than Noah and his wife and sons and daughter in laws. In that day it wasn't uncommon for cousins to marry and the gene's would be "watered" down through generations. I don't know everything for sure but I have a harder time believing that the flowers just happended to be just the right colors to attracked certain butterflies or birds, foods in just the right areas to support the life forms of that particular region. I could go on but I feel most of it would fall on closed minds and ears
religionisfalse

Caerphilly, UK

#131 Sep 18, 2012
KimG wrote:
don't you think that possibly there were one or two other people on the Ark other than Noah and his wife and sons and daughter in laws. In that day it wasn't uncommon for cousins to marry and the gene's would be "watered" down through generations. I don't know everything for sure but I have a harder time believing that the flowers just happended to be just the right colors to attracked certain butterflies or birds, foods in just the right areas to support the life forms of that particular region. I could go on but I feel most of it would fall on closed minds and ears
You have it all wrong my friend, the animals were in that area because there was the right type of food, the flowers were then able to survive in that area because of the animals that would pollenate them were there. You have it in the wrong order
Steve

United States

#132 Sep 18, 2012
@kimg, maybe you haven't noticed but I have quoted the Bible several times. Not only have i quoted but I also have used it in my arguements and I have admitted that I've spent a ton of time in church and studying it privately. Noah's Ark had one pair of each species, I believe it actually said there were 30 pairs. Meaning 180 animals were on board. It amazes me that you haven't even read your own Bible that you are claiming to of not only read, but also know well.

And to reply to the next post, look at species of animals on secluded islands. Even with an entire islands worth of gene pools, eventually animals are still born with defects due to a lack of variety in the pool.
Steve

United States

#133 Sep 18, 2012
Genesis 7:2 "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female."

We were both wrong. In hindsight Moses should of cataloged each species of animal since he had them on board. It would of made modern scientist job of discovering and cataloging every species of animals much easier.
KimG

United States

#134 Sep 20, 2012
Steve wrote:
@kimg, maybe you haven't noticed but I have quoted the Bible several times. Not only have i quoted but I also have used it in my arguements and I have admitted that I've spent a ton of time in church and studying it privately. Noah's Ark had one pair of each species, I believe it actually said there were 30 pairs. Meaning 180 animals were on board. It amazes me that you haven't even read your own Bible that you are claiming to of not only read, but also know well.
And to reply to the next post, look at species of animals on secluded islands. Even with an entire islands worth of gene pools, eventually animals are still born with defects due to a lack of variety in the pool.
I never claimed to know everything but I can tell you this, I was out of church for a very long time, I never claimed to be a scholar of anything. Quite the contrary if you had read other posts I've made. Faith is the operative word my friend and I have it now stronger than ever. I know that this world can not stand much longer and when you see the signs, if in fact you, yourself know the BIBLE there are many signs already that have been foretold and I know that I can't reach anyone and I definately don't want to lead anyone astray. I've said numberous times that we all should study the BIBLE for ourselves. I hope and pray that before it's too late...... people open their eyes and believe in the LORD there is no possible way that millions of species of plants, animals, bird, insects,ect.... and sub species of every color... could just come into being on their own. There had to be a CREATOR! Have you ever thought about artists and their skills to create; how much more creative powerful, inteligent, and LOVING OUR FATHER is to make such a beautiful place for us to enjoy.
KimG

United States

#135 Sep 20, 2012
Steve wrote:
Genesis 7:2 "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female."
We were both wrong. In hindsight Moses should of cataloged each species of animal since he had them on board. It would of made modern scientist job of discovering and cataloging every species of animals much easier.
See there! LOL I knew 7 animals I had forgotten about the unclean ones as I don't partake of any unclean animals anymore LOL So you my friend were a little more wrong than I was LOL jk.... all joking aside I know it's a highly debated subject and as stated before I can't quote word for word the BIBLE that's why i throw it out there and see who bites.
Steve

United States

#136 Sep 20, 2012
Well nibble nibble. :) The animals evpvlong makes much more sense to me than a created. To each their own. I hope you realize I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart. I truely feel you should be enjoying this short and only life that you live. Just as you feel I should repent and enjoy an after life. Were both doing it for good reasons, but only one of us are doing it for the right reason. Which one of us is right will be determined soon enough.
jesusismysavior

United States

#137 Sep 21, 2012
Steve wrote:
Well nibble nibble.:) The animals evpvlong makes much more sense to me than a created. To each their own. I hope you realize I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart. I truely feel you should be enjoying this short and only life that you live. Just as you feel I should repent and enjoy an after life. Were both doing it for good reasons, but only one of us are doing it for the right reason. Which one of us is right will be determined soon enough.
Steve, you are assuming someone who follows Christ cannot have an enjoyable life. I use to live freely before I came to Christ. I partied and did whatever I wanted and it was the lowest point in my life. I was lonely and depressed. Now that I have chosen to follow Christ, I have a peaceful life, a strong marriage, and great relationships with my kids. I can honestly say my life is so much more enjoyable now. Following Christ is not a burden that you make it out to be. It's more a gift, a gift of eternal life, a gift of peace, a gift of love. Why do you need to get others to not believe? Maybe it's to help validate what you believe. I'm quite certain you do not have my best interest at heart.No man will ever be able to prove that God doesn't exist. Even the most intelligent of scientist and the most brilliant of doctors make mistakes. As I've said multiple times, I do not put my faith in man, I put my faith in God. I truly hope you know these scientists that you put your faith in.
Steve

United States

#138 Sep 21, 2012
A lot of what I say is just logic, like my inbreeding arguement. To each their own ans i don't need a religion to tell me how to live my life. I am a good honest person and I do it on my free will. I've never done illegal drugs, I don't steal, and that's just a short list of the things that I decided to not do out of common sense and basic decency. If you needed a God to turn your life around well then so be it. Good luck in life I wish you all the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Troy Holt .. Thank you! 14 hr Joes family 1
Chris King son of Tabitha Holt (Feb '17) 15 hr Sister of Joe 2
News Anderson County Man Arrested for Rape 1st (Sep '12) Fri LooseLip 14
Latasha stevens Fri Bjh 8
City Cleanup Schedule 2018 Apr 19 Cleaning up 3
Sheriff race 2018 Apr 19 Lol 23
Alison Pridemore Apr 18 Clarice 2

Lawrenceburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Lawrenceburg Mortgages