United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Are there any other parents who were shocked to learn that Anderson Co schools wouldn't let you deliver Valentines gifts to your children at school? The high school took it but the elementary school refused. I understand balloons and glass being a possible hazard but a single flower in a plastic container?! It's one day a year and they take the joy from our kids and ourselves. I knew growing up i loved getting stuff for Valentines Day delivered to school. It's ridiculous. Why can they sell things inside yhe school system that probably has more hazards yet things can't be delivered? I know this may sound ridiculous but come on Anderson county.
dah

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

You want something delivered for Valentines Day then have it come to the childs home after he/she gets out of school. Do you think that is all the staff has to do is call kids to the office all day? I don't send my child to school to be interrupted by flowers and drama. Send them a card in the mail for pete's sake.
really

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I agree that gifts should be given at home. It interrupts the classes. I also feel so bad for the children that don't get anything and go home broken hearted. Spoil your children at home. Don't make the less fortunate children feel even lesser than usual.
lol

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Get real! Spoil them at home? I will spoil my child wherever I want. It is one day a year! And bless your little heart a child might go home broken hearted. You deal with that!! I work I spend MY money how and when I WANT! IT is NOT my responsibility to care for every childs feelings only my own. Shut happens. Feelings get hurt disappointments are part of LIFE! EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN. I shouldn't sugarcoat everything bc you raise your child a pansie. Call me cold hearted but it's life! Either you teach your child now or they learn the hard way later on. DISSAPOINTMENTS HAPPEN! If they can't handle not getting flowers in high school you got problems. And receiving flowers in public is all the fun of it why is my child's excitement sacrificed for your childs feelings? ITS ONE DAY S YEAR. I PAY MY TAXES YEAR ROUND! One day will never hurt a staffed school.
heartless

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
Get real! Spoil them at home? I will spoil my child wherever I want. It is one day a year! And bless your little heart a child might go home broken hearted. You deal with that!! I work I spend MY money how and when I WANT! IT is NOT my responsibility to care for every childs feelings only my own. Shut happens. Feelings get hurt disappointments are part of LIFE! EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN. I shouldn't sugarcoat everything bc you raise your child a pansie. Call me cold hearted but it's life! Either you teach your child now or they learn the hard way later on. DISSAPOINTMENTS HAPPEN! If they can't handle not getting flowers in high school you got problems. And receiving flowers in public is all the fun of it why is my child's excitement sacrificed for your childs feelings? ITS ONE DAY S YEAR. I PAY MY TAXES YEAR ROUND! One day will never hurt a staffed school.
What a heartless human being you are. This post screams self centered and spoiled. It is not the fault of the child that his or her parents cannot afford/simply don't send presents on valentines day. They are children but I see you as the childish one throwing the tantrum for not getting your way. Teachers have way more important things to deal with anyway.
lol

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I'm the one throwing the tantrum? Are you serious? I'm stating the obvious. I guess your the parent of a cheerleader that just showed up to practice? Children have to learn disappointment. It's that simple. My child shouldn't sacrifice for your child's feelings. My kid doesn't get upset bc yours gets free stuff. Hell I work, my kids should see the benefit however I chose to show it. I guarantee you, you had the same opportunity as did I. Besides most of the kids got flowers or gifts from their bf or gf and those kids usually work for it. I can't tell someone how to spend money just like you shouldn't tell me how to show my child attention. Its 1 day a year. Your making a huge deal over one day a year! And faculty got flowers as well is their a difference?
My two cents

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
I'm the one throwing the tantrum? Are you serious? I'm stating the obvious. I guess your the parent of a cheerleader that just showed up to practice? Children have to learn disappointment. It's that simple. My child shouldn't sacrifice for your child's feelings. My kid doesn't get upset bc yours gets free stuff. Hell I work, my kids should see the benefit however I chose to show it. I guarantee you, you had the same opportunity as did I. Besides most of the kids got flowers or gifts from their bf or gf and those kids usually work for it. I can't tell someone how to spend money just like you shouldn't tell me how to show my child attention. Its 1 day a year. Your making a huge deal over one day a year! And faculty got flowers as well is their a difference?
I agree with all the posters on this topic, except LOL.
Yes you are self centered, selfish, childish and uppity!.
School is to learn, it IS a disruption for children being called all day to go get their stuff.
You say its just one day, but I guarantee any holiday that comes up you will be trying to blow this crap up someone elses ass screaming its just ONE day.
Kids need to get an education! I see children graduating and out in the work force that clearly have alot to learn and alot of growing up to do, thanks to schools that do everything but focus on education and parents who have to give give give.
Honey, one day your big ol money tree is gonna dry up, or fall down and then your little spoiled brat will be the one facing reality and REAL life.
You are creating a monster(s) and they will not respect anyone.
God be with you. You may need to go back and get some education too.
If your grandparents are alive, go sit down and have a talk with them and ask them how they feel about child rearing.
Bet they wont agree with ya!
nyk

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like lol didn't get many Valentines as a child.
lol

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I bet your wrong. You raise your children to never be disappointed and I'll raise mine too. My kids work! My kids get praise. My children know disappointment. And as I recall kids were called out around 2:30 to collect in the gym to get their gifts. Seeing a persons eyes light up from a gift is a wonderful experience, I'm sorry you've not gotten it bus it truly is special. I recall my Daddy sending me flowers and it was awesome! Your raising your children that things are equal when in the real world they aren't. I think that if I want to spend my money one time a year on my child you shouldn't tell ne I can't. I understand if they called each child up but I don't believe they do that. I think they do it just like they used to call your name and you go to the gym or other place and collect. The delivery services take them there the kids fond their name. I don't get where you people are coming from. My children learn have all a's and deserve to feel special regardless what day I choose to do it. I'll bow out now bc I can do that and I've got to work tomorrow! Btw life is not handed to me or my children we work for everything we get!
My two cents

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I didnt say anything about your childs grades, and I know life is not fair. Ever.
But I do remember being in school and that was a few years ago, but I remember when a few kids would get stuff and then you look over at other childern and you could see the anticipation on their face all day, and not once did their name get called. Its sad. Im sorry you never got to experience that type of let down in life, maybe if you did you might realize that although life is full of disppointents, we dont have to call attention to them on a specific day.
But I am thinking that the original posters thoughts were that over all it is just disruptive period, and that is something that can be done anywhere else and not needed in school.
But then from what you keep repeating, its just one day, so maybe this is the only day you show your children love. If so step it up or else your kid will be one of those who goes around shooting innocent people. Because one day they did not get flowers.
lol

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Yea I'm sure of that. Whatever makes you feel better friend. I do things my way you do yours. I won't tell you how to do it and i won't expect you to tell me how. My children get all the attention in the world. I just think it's ridiculous that you believe your feelings are more important than anyone else. I experienced plenty. I raise my children to be respectful of everyone's feelings but it isn't right that you think I shouldn't gift a certain way. I completely understand if school calls each child thru the day but that's not how it is. Your over exaggerating. My feelings have been hurt plenty I'm not a bad person bc I want my child to receive a gift on Valentines Day. Getting flowers delivered is something every little girl should get regardless of the day. Is it the same if it's sent on their birthday? Then there are even more kids that don't get something. And I believe those shooters have been mentally disturbed hateful individuals, and my children are showered with love and affection and know their way around a gun. They also know you only shoot what you eat. I wish you the best. I'm sorry your opinion differs from mine but I respect that bc that's how I was raised!
JLC

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Hey LOL let us know how that all works out for ya!
your Funny lol

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Your children are in for a rude awakening, when they learn that the world does not revolve around them....Maybe you should be spending time with them, as you mentioned it is Valentines Day. They should be receiving your undivided attention, so why are you on Topix????

I hear something??

I think they're calling for you from the bathroom, something about "I'm done", and unable to wipe my own bottom??? better get that super mom your teenager needs you.
JLC

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

LOL Your funny! this is so true, WHY isnt she spending time with her kids since this day is so important?
My guess is, she is trying to make up for something she didnt have in life and she is living it through her children?
If so, give up, you cant fix history by doing something in the present. History is just that.
Teach your kids to be aware of less fortunate people and even if you do live in a big fancy house and ride in big fancy cars, it doesnt mean everybody has to know it.
You are probably like I was, raised on store brand clothes WHEN we could afford them, no frills, no extra and you swore your kids would never live that way. Ive seen it happen in my own family, so I know it can happen, Just not happening in this house!
lost my password

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I've seen spouses bringing big bouquets and gifts for staff members. It's not who you know in this town, it's who you blow.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Thank you!
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I see nothing wrong with kids receiving something for v-day from their parents. I am an adult and have dealt with disappointment throughout my life and guess what my parents sent me presents to school for Valentines. Yes u send Ur kid to school to learn and I believe that is number one but really one day of kids getting something is not going to make a child fail the rest of their life. And the day is disrupted by parties anyways. Ur child will survive if they don't get something I promise. I think its horrible they couldn't get their gifts and I am glad that ky child goes to a school where they can. Really ppl get a life
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Thank you.
lolou

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

It happens when we're older might as well get used to it when you're young. Wait her way it shouldn't be this big of a deal. I mean yesterday a few women got flowers and a card at work and I was like aw poop but I got mine later. it's okay lol I think the day after valentines day kids will forget they didn't even get anything at school
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I agree with you. It isn't that big of a deal but people should never tell you when to gift your children. Flowers are nice and all Daddys girls should get them. I got mine at home ppl for theirs at work. My point is simply this, disappointment happens and is part of life. I was raised to be happy with what you have and happy for other people as well. Feelings get hurt. The second post on this thread set me off. I know several parents that were turned away bc they hand delivered flowers rather than sent them thru a delivery service. It just seems unfair bc a kid may not get what another does. It seems silly to me but then I'm accused of being spoiled. Whatever. I've had my share of let downs. But I appreciate the experiences I have had and can give my children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Lawrenceburg Forum right now

Search the Lawrenceburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
127 yard sale 10 min threesix 2
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 12 min Buck Ofama 16,130
school dress code 14 min Chief 5
ann hays?? trina hays?? dumb bitch?? (Jul '10) 1 hr Cathy 13
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr shish 147,020
pill/heroin peddlers 2 hr yup 40
Thieves 6 hr truth 2
•••
•••
•••
Lawrenceburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lawrenceburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000